Tucson or Bust

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Graham
Super Moderator

Re: Tucson or Bust

Postby Graham » 04 Dec 2009, 02:46

The Laughing Man wrote:
Graham wrote:I think you're being a little overly affected by it. After his initial appearance, he became a meme, and while you're within your right to find that meme annoying, it was still prevalent enough that it deserved a reference in the video.
You're right. I apologize.
No worries, thanks.
As an aside, I thoroughly appreciate your forum identity. Love that show.
RAIC
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby RAIC » 04 Dec 2009, 03:32

This really made my day, as I was having some serious personal problems last night. Thank you for that.

And while everything I will say has probably already been said, I'd like to say the following:
That was beyond AWESOME! Words cannot describe how awesome it was. My mind was blown. Like all the rest, I loved all the references, the style and the exellent writing of the song (especially the "Grab a Penn and Tell'er..." line).
I can die happy now :,)
tak197 wrote:Guys! A Good Looking Ginger DUDE! We have the internet equivalent of a unicorn in our presence.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 04 Dec 2009, 03:38

Pigmy Wurm wrote:
goat wrote:Where/from whom did you get the music? Was that more Bradley Rains?
(probably)

I would assume it was from Andy since it says "Writing & Music: Andrew Cownden". We know he can play piano and I would not be all that surprised if he could play the harmonica. Frankly I wouldn't be that surprised if he could play an accordion with his feet.

I haven't noticed anyone confirm this yet, although I may have missed it among so many posts, but Andy does indeed play harmonica. The character of El Pollo in 4 Guys and a Box of Hats from Season One features impressive performances by Andy on a wide variety of instruments, including the harmonica.

Although his violin playing is hilariously fucking terrible.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 04 Dec 2009, 03:40

Hey, did you guys get the idea for the heads from that Weezer video?
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Coin
First Video: How to talk like a pirate. Sept 18 2006

Postby Coin » 04 Dec 2009, 04:02

Ah, now this was worth the wait!
A fantastic effort in both music, lyrics, editing and content!
I wonder if you get some radio station to play it. Who knows, it might make the charts!

I only wish I could have followed Desertbus for Hope more closely this year.
Heathen
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Heathen » 04 Dec 2009, 04:26

I just realised on fourth viewing that Andy also wrote the darn music too...colour me impressed.
His_Ryanness
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming (I think)

Postby His_Ryanness » 04 Dec 2009, 04:29

I'm looking forward to hearing a podcast on this at some point. I'm pretty interested in the details of how this was shot/made.
This signature has been designed by neuroscientists to render you sterile upon reading.
aurora.melody2
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby aurora.melody2 » 04 Dec 2009, 05:51

This video is amazing!
I watched it last night and saw that it was out of sync at the end, but I'm glad it's fixed now. This was well worth the wait!
I can't wait for the LRRcast to hear how this was made.
"Be honest, you're a zombie."
easterberry
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby easterberry » 04 Dec 2009, 06:14

Elomin Sha wrote:Brilliant, It's either this or Secret of the Sauce for the next VISFF. I loved the "grab my Penn and Teller" line. Nice work guys, well worth the wait.

The grab my Penn and Teller line was my favourite part of the whole video. And considering how good the rest of it was, that's saying a lot.
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 04 Dec 2009, 06:36

Whitmore wrote:
Yaxley wrote:P.S. Big-Head Caramelldansen Catgirl Kathleen and the Loading Ready Runners is the name of my Andrew Cownden cover band.

That was one of the most hilarious things ive ever read on the net.

Oh wow, thank you. Sometimes I post things and can't tell if they are funny or just disturbingly weird.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 04 Dec 2009, 06:50

Yaxley wrote:
Whitmore wrote:
Yaxley wrote:P.S. Big-Head Caramelldansen Catgirl Kathleen and the Loading Ready Runners is the name of my Andrew Cownden cover band.

That was one of the most hilarious things ive ever read on the net.

Oh wow, thank you. Sometimes I post things and can't tell if they are funny or just disturbingly weird.

The two aren't necessarily exclusive.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
teambates
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby teambates » 04 Dec 2009, 06:54

This is such an excellent morning song. Rolling off an all-nighter and I'm just all "first I'll get me to las vegaaaaas~"
Octopimp
First Video: Desert Bus

Postby Octopimp » 04 Dec 2009, 07:05

I appreciate the nod, thanks for brightening my day, you guys.

I didn't ask to be idolized in any way, people just seemed to like what I do. I'm sorry if that offended you, but after all...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/ ... haters.jpg
arallyn

Postby arallyn » 04 Dec 2009, 07:14

Ok, it's probably because I was able to watch a LOT more of DB last year, and because the song has nostalgic value for me, but to be honest I'm more of a fan of Desert Bus Killed the Internet Star. Like, it literally made me tear up and almost start crying.

But DAMN Andy can sing! And write awesome music! The production value on this vid is WAY higher than last year's DB vid, and the animation is so cool. I can't imagine how long it would take to do that.

octopimpostor
First Video: Halo

Postby octopimpostor » 04 Dec 2009, 07:52

Graham wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Graham wrote:I think you're being a little overly affected by it. After his initial appearance, he became a meme, and while you're within your right to find that meme annoying, it was still prevalent enough that it deserved a reference in the video.
You're right. I apologize.
No worries, thanks.
As an aside, I thoroughly appreciate your forum identity. Love that show.

ok, i know that you retracted your statement, BUT... If anyones got a problem with the all powerful Octopimp, then they got a problem with me. Octopimp deserves a refrence not because he donated all the money. That was greately appreciated and he will always be a hero to us and the children, but he deserves it because he was such a big part of desert bus. Everyone knew who octopimp was. He was a Legend. He was the Chuck Norris of desert bus. People would have been disapoint if he weren't in it someway. But Octopimp, love thepicture. i LOL'd
My total fail count: 6
Dubious_wolf wrote:
octopimpostor wrote:My total fail count: 7...8

[/quote]
Link to my desert bus video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGrIfi2ORK8
my other video that will soon be a series is here. REAL VIDEOGAME CHARACTERS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj2T7wIymsk
arch4non
First Video: 3 ps3's

Postby arch4non » 04 Dec 2009, 08:06

The amount of fan service in this video is staggering.
goat

Postby goat » 04 Dec 2009, 08:06

Arius wrote:
Yaxley wrote:
Whitmore wrote:That was one of the most hilarious things ive ever read on the net.

The two aren't necessarily exclusive.

As proven by nearly every post by Arius. =D

(jaykay)
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 04 Dec 2009, 10:45

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go squeal all day.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
DmitriW

Postby DmitriW » 04 Dec 2009, 11:00

Now, everybody's commented on "grab my pen and tell 'er"/"Penn & Teller" already, but I think my favorite part of that line is Andy's delivery! He goes from grinning to completely deadpan and back again, emphasizing the fact that there's a joke in that phrase.

I can't wait to see more of the HD footage. That looks amazing, and threw me for a loop when it came up...I half-thought you guys had gone back a re-shot a bunch of stuff from the event before remembering you were recording in HD the whole time this year.

Tl;dr?
Jillers wrote:If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go squeal all day.
I'm with her. SQUEE! :D

EDIT:
Small question for Graham--is there any particular reason you put Morgan and Bill in the back windows of the bus for the final shot? Is that a reference to something I missed?
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
Aero
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby Aero » 04 Dec 2009, 11:09

This video is amazing, Andy is an incredible singer.
octopimpostor
First Video: Halo

Postby octopimpostor » 04 Dec 2009, 11:15

DmitriW wrote:Small question for Graham--is there any particular reason you put Morgan and Bill in the back windows of the bus for the final shot? Is that a reference to something I missed?

I was wondering the same thing.
My total fail count: 6
Dubious_wolf wrote:
octopimpostor wrote:My total fail count: 7...8

[/quote]
Link to my desert bus video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGrIfi2ORK8
my other video that will soon be a series is here. REAL VIDEOGAME CHARACTERS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj2T7wIymsk
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 04 Dec 2009, 12:04

It reminded me a lot of this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KttTXqxbNMk

but, you know, it doesn't suck.

And the next time someone thinks Graham is being lazy? You face the quad-chete, the four bladed machete.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 04 Dec 2009, 12:34

DmitriW wrote:Small question for Graham--is there any particular reason you put Morgan and Bill in the back windows of the bus for the final shot? Is that a reference to something I missed?
They weren't around for shooting the green screen bits, so it was either that, or omit them from the video.
DmitriW

Postby DmitriW » 04 Dec 2009, 12:38

Graham wrote:
They weren't around for shooting the green screen bits, so it was either that, or omit them from the video.

Oh. Well, that'd do it!
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 04 Dec 2009, 13:35

So I've watched the new video a couple of times & calmed down enough to comment. Mostly randomness.

I really wish I could nominate this for YouTube video of the year on Mashable.

I love the song; it's very catchy & upbeat. Desert Bus Killed the Internet Star was a little bittersweet & brought tears to a few eyes. The only bitter-sweetness this time came from the fact that I couldn't be there in person.

Funny how Andy didn't make it to DB3 & yet he's the one that wrote & sang in the video for it.

Very appropriate how visually, the driving scenes are plain & boring compared to the bits that take place in Tucson & Vegas.

There are so many visual jokes in the background & throughout that it warrants many replays, & listing all my favourites would be redundant to just watching the video again. It's also very difficult to catch all of them because the song is so good I can't bear to pause it.

Did you have to film the heads separately from the bodies or were they cut apart, resized & composited back together?

By the way, at about the two minute mark the dashboard is missing. So what's Andy using to steer, a lazy susan?

Is it strange this song is stuck in my head but not Alex's new animation?
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”