Tucson or Bust

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Lawman
First Video: 3 PS3s

Re: Tucson or Bust

Postby Lawman » 03 Dec 2009, 16:02

Something else that's awesome: downloading the 1080p mp4 of YouTube and watching it full screen; 640x360 doesn't do it justice at all.
Sarah
First Video: Sound Wars

Postby Sarah » 03 Dec 2009, 16:05

Lawman, you missed the value-added tour package sign in the 3 different times it appears. But besides that, that's a pretty complete list you have there. I somehow missed Moustache Paul the first two times I watched >_>

Also is the waterfall image on the vending machine supposed to reference something that I'm just not getting? Or is it just decoration?
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 03 Dec 2009, 16:06

@Lawman: Sorry, how do you do that? I've not been able to figure that out. Is it an options available on this vid, or do you use a program you've gotten ahold of yourself?
Last edited by The Jester on 03 Dec 2009, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
Yazilliclick
First Video: Man Cooking - The Gigantor (I think)

Postby Yazilliclick » 03 Dec 2009, 16:06

wow that was epic! nice work!

Loved the bumper stickers at the end :)
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 03 Dec 2009, 16:07

Caramelldansen!

I cant tell if this is better that DBKtIS, but it was definitely well worth the wait. Andy once again pops out from behind a rock with his badass vocal skills just when I'd nearly forgotten about him.

Graham, edi^H^H^H creating that all must have been even more taxing than Desert Bus itself.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
teambates
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby teambates » 03 Dec 2009, 16:10

That was amazing. Andrew Cowndon is excellent wherever I see him, the song was amazing, all of the references were amazing, and I felt a little misty-eyed during the montage. Fantastic!

Is there any chance we might see more HD DB3 footage?
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 03 Dec 2009, 16:11

Ok first let me say that I only watched a few hours of Desert Bus (mostly the start and end) due to the small size of tubes here in Australia so I mostly followed Desert Bus via twitter and the website so I do not have the 'I was there for X' feeling for most of the references.

Technically the video was awe inspiring and the video was full of references. I applaud Graham's effort putting this all together. Andy's singing was excellent. However I did not find this video really funny. Andy's lyrics while amusing did not cross the line into hilarity for me. I think I found Desert Bus Killed the Internet Star more entertaining than Tucson or Bust perhaps because I was much more involved with Desert Bus last year.

It looks like I am committing heresy by questioning this video.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Taawus

Postby Taawus » 03 Dec 2009, 16:12

*GLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*
I too found the Desert Bus killed the Internet Star more funny but still...
I dont suffer from insanity,i enjoy every minute of it.
Mercenary

Postby Mercenary » 03 Dec 2009, 16:16

Catgirl Coffee. Be there. Everyday. XD

Hard out there for an octopimp. :D

Near the end the lip syncing kind of failed though.
MattAn
First Video: You're Kidding

Postby MattAn » 03 Dec 2009, 16:17

Hurrah, good thing to wake up to this morning. Obviously I'm late watching it, but my internet was screwy last night (again).

Anyway.. Wow.. So totally worth the wait. It wasn't what I expected, but it was definitely well produced. Andy's a good singer too :O

Hell, I've only been a member here since maybe a little bit before DB3 started and everything was perfectly clear to me, regarding the fanservice and somewhat in-jokes.

Is it just me, or does James do the very best "What the hell, man?" pose? Just throws the arms up and glares. Paul in the background just staring.. Wait.. Did he have something on his head!? :O *Goes to look* Other than that, the deadpan look on everyone's face was priceless. You must all sleep nowz.. More.

DBKTVS may have been funny and all, but this still had it's humour right in there. You just had to be ready for it.
His_Ryanness
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming (I think)

Postby His_Ryanness » 03 Dec 2009, 16:19

This was totally awesome. I can see why it took you so long, Graham! Fucking stellar work.
This signature has been designed by neuroscientists to render you sterile upon reading.
octopimpostor
First Video: Halo

Postby octopimpostor » 03 Dec 2009, 16:20

Lord Chrusher wrote:Ok first let me say that I only watched a few hours of Desert Bus (mostly the start and end) due to the small size of tubes here in Australia so I mostly followed Desert Bus via twitter and the website so I do not have the 'I was there for X' feeling for most of the references.

Technically the video was awe inspiring and the video was full of references. I applaud Graham's effort putting this all together. Andy's singing was excellent. However I did not find this video really funny. Andy's lyrics while amusing did not cross the line into hilarity for me. I think I found Desert Bus Killed the Internet Star more entertaining than Tucson or Bust perhaps because I was much more involved with Desert Bus last year.

I noticed that i was not there for most of the videos that they showed (even though i spent almost every waking hour watching) so the hidden stuff was more fun IMO.
My total fail count: 6
Dubious_wolf wrote:
octopimpostor wrote:My total fail count: 7...8

[/quote]
Link to my desert bus video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGrIfi2ORK8
my other video that will soon be a series is here. REAL VIDEOGAME CHARACTERS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj2T7wIymsk
Lawman
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby Lawman » 03 Dec 2009, 16:20

@Sarah, I guess I didn't get the reference/significance. I have edited the list and the third down covers all three instances. Same with Tucson's strapline: don't know if it's just a picture or if there's a reference there.

@The Jester, On Safari I have the option to view all the assets used in a webpage (I think you have to turn on developer tool in the preferences). If I order them by size, the video will be the top one. Then I click it to see its URL. Copy and paste into the URL bar and it starts downloading.

I'm sure Firefox has a similar feature. Maybe Firebug does it, or someone has likely made a YouTube Download plugin. There are also sndalone programs that do it, and also a bunch of video tutorials on YouTube.

@Chrusher, I agree that the video isn't really that... funny, per se, bar some of the sign gags; but I'm not sure if that was necessarily the point of it. I think it was more about the "let's remind ourselves of the highlights". As you said, you didn't see a whole ton of Desert Bus – neither did I – so I can identify. Although I picked up a good 90% of the references from the blog. Maybe someone can explain all them to the uninitiated.
Last edited by Lawman on 03 Dec 2009, 16:28, edited 3 times in total.
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 03 Dec 2009, 16:24

That was amazing! Only problem I have is that the words get out of sync at the end there

Also also: Is there a way we can get this song for download? Or do you not want us to do that?
Last edited by kkief02 on 03 Dec 2009, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
His_Ryanness
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming (I think)

Postby His_Ryanness » 03 Dec 2009, 16:26

Lord Chrusher wrote:Ok first let me say that I only watched a few hours of Desert Bus (mostly the start and end) due to the small size of tubes here in Australia so I mostly followed Desert Bus via twitter and the website so I do not have the 'I was there for X' feeling for most of the references.

It's not an ohmygodIcan'tstoplaughing video, it's just really entertaining. I don't remember how many times I laughed but I definitely couldn't stop grinning throughout.
This signature has been designed by neuroscientists to render you sterile upon reading.
Bob Warwick

Postby Bob Warwick » 03 Dec 2009, 16:32

You guys are fantastic, in every sense of the word.
Lacerta
Affable Marmot
First Video: How to Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Lacerta » 03 Dec 2009, 16:34

I can see why this video took so long.
semper fidelis tyrannosaurus
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 03 Dec 2009, 16:35

So... I'm not the only one who finds the Big-Head Caramelldansen Catgirl Kathleen oddly hypnotic, am I?

P.S. Big-Head Caramelldansen Catgirl Kathleen and the Loading Ready Runners is the name of my Andrew Cownden cover band.
Jaebird
First Video: The LHC

Postby Jaebird » 03 Dec 2009, 16:40

I smell Grammy! :P
http://jbird18.deviantart.com (Open for commissions.)
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 03 Dec 2009, 16:43

What do you say?

What do you say, when something so very awesome happens?

What do you say, when a beautiful, masterfully crafted piece of (dare I say it) art is given to you?

What do you say, when the shared experiences of so many good people are expressed in such a tangible, exciting way?

Well, I say this - and pay attention, for not only shall I not say it again, but I almost never say it at all.

*ahem*

Fuck.

Yeah.

That was awesome. As soon as I can find a better way of viewing it than YouTube, it'll be even better.

The bonus? First LRR video I'm in! :D
Moohawk
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Moohawk » 03 Dec 2009, 16:52

This...

Elaro wrote:There's only one appropriate thing to say now...

SON, I AM VERY APPOINT.

and this...

Frost wrote:hand crafted out of pure winonium

That was a spectacularrrrrrr video! It was full of both win and awesome and was most definitely worth the wait. It also bought me my Desert Bus ticket for next year, not that I had any doubts I'd be watching again. I mean just imagine how much awesome the next Desert Bus will be!

I'm soooo looking forward to the Desert Bus footage when it's available!! I'm sooo appoint right now.
By the way, Hi Internet, how are you? - Adam

Ken is like "Kirk going to the center of the galaxy to find God" amazing. - Desert Bus '09
PearlSpark
First Video: Three PS3s

Postby PearlSpark » 03 Dec 2009, 16:57

Definitely worth the wait. No questions asked there.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 03 Dec 2009, 17:14

MISSION SUCCESS; YouTube views better in Safari for me.

Also, can a crew Digg it? I was going to submit it myself but I thought you guys would know better...
AK4186

Postby AK4186 » 03 Dec 2009, 17:16

Holy injokes, Batman!

That is awesome. An excellent capper to Desert Bus 3. I can see why the video was so late but it was definitely worth it.

Good job all around.
Learn the wisdom of Fake Busey:
http://twitter.com/FakeBuseySays
ChaoticNeutral

Postby ChaoticNeutral » 03 Dec 2009, 17:17

Unlike lord crusher I did have that "I was there for that!" feeling as I was watching desert bus for my whole weekend without sleep + the next 3 days with little sleep.

All of this + Andy = good episode
Risking my life to save people I hate for reasons I don't understand.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”