Rare Book

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Rare Book

Postby Paul » 02 Dec 2005, 17:52

One of these days we are going to have to give this character a name.

Suggestions, anyone?

-P
Joseph Duchesne

Postby Joseph Duchesne » 02 Dec 2005, 17:57

First Post! Anyway, I loaded the page then I clicked refresh [a second] and the new LRR was there! I couldn't believe my luck and thus after watching it synchronously with a very beautiful and unfortunately somewhat remote Princess from yonder more atlantic provence I made my first post!

And that is my story.

Brilliant work guys! I would just like to know what was on your minds when this came about. Who or what inspired you to create the overly stereotypical upper class narrative autobiographer?

perhaps the name of some obscure royalty? Think through the mind of HIS parents? What name would they think good enough for their son?
Last edited by Joseph Duchesne on 02 Dec 2005, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.
Whoopsie! Logic and sanity are back there throwing banannas at each other!
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 02 Dec 2005, 18:01

Second Post! How about Steve? Or plain sophisticated Horatio.
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
Johnny_Lunchbox

Postby Johnny_Lunchbox » 02 Dec 2005, 18:02

Bollocks to a real name. His character supercedes labelling.

He needs some kind of a vague title to which he can be referred to, such as "The Grilled Cheese and Mayo Man" or "The Story Guy" or something.

Named or not, though, that guy's my hero.
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 02 Dec 2005, 18:47

I think Mr. Storee would be good, But I agree with Johnny, he needs no labeling.

Now, I enjoyed this one a lot, but not as much as Grilled Cheese... the other just had more odd non-sequiters thrown in and I liked that.

But I can't wait for more.
Pirate James

Postby Pirate James » 02 Dec 2005, 18:58

If your gonna name this guy then its gotta be something Proper like Baxter Miago or Phillip Dupree. It has to be exquisite.
Alex Steacy
First Video: Beats me! No seriously Graham hits me.

Postby Alex Steacy » 02 Dec 2005, 20:21

Nicholas Nicholby spelled entirely with the letter "a".

GENIUS.
umbrellaless

Postby umbrellaless » 02 Dec 2005, 22:32

Tofuraffe = GOLD.

This character still makes me crave grilled cheese.

I'd say don't name him, but make his non-namedness a part of future scripts. Drop in a line like "...and he asked me my name, and I said "why, would you like to take me out to dinner?" and we shared a moment of utter hilarity at the thought...I laugh just now, thinking about it...ha ha ha...which reminds me of the time..." etc. He can drop in on totally unrelated skits, and become a LRR theme!
"When you do not speak, other people presume you to be deaf or feeble-minded and promptly make a show of their own limitations"
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 03 Dec 2005, 00:04

Okay, I noticed a problem... Well, from the original Grilled Cheese, which confused me in this one...

You say first "My grandfather" then "my father" refering to the Kenyan Air Force Pilot... I know, nitpick, but it confused me in this one...
Andy

Postby Andy » 03 Dec 2005, 00:04

This is what happens when you have clever writers; you get clever material and lots of kudos.
Great Video! :D

But he must have a name and it has to be a Dickensian name.
Like "Ebeneezer Scrooge" radiates a shriveled old miser, the name has to sound like who the character is, what his values are, how he speaks, where his interests lie...

...or you could call him Bob. :)
Time flies like an arrow;
Fruit flies like a banana.
-Groucho Marx
Rhynome
First Video: Folklore

Postby Rhynome » 03 Dec 2005, 01:33

Nice, nice nice nice.

I just like the way that it's all set in the one place and aaaah. I'm done.
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 03 Dec 2005, 01:33

Excellent work! I was very glad to see him back again! :D

I was thinking as I watched the video.. "does this character have a name? if not I should ask what it is in the forums" but I guess I'm a little on the slow side. I agree he could go nameless, but he should at least have a nickname so we can refer to him

But he is very halarious! I couldn't stop smiling through the whole video. I don't know how you guys come up with this stuff.

The only negative comment from me is some of the edits seemed a little rough and a little long.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Rhynome
First Video: Folklore

Postby Rhynome » 03 Dec 2005, 01:46

Well because I can't be bothered to use italics I'm all for the sort of '3,000th in line to the throne' thing. I'm not sure what it's like in Canada, but we have loads of the bastards and none of them are nearly as entertaining as the character in the show. Most of them treat others like shit despite they're in a job where they earn half the wage and if the immediate royals knew they were related they'd get MI5 to knock them off.

I'm thinking something like 'Wilhelm Placebo-Honnington III'. That's 'the third' to all you uneducated peasants.
matthewm
First Video: Sometthing from years ago.

Postby matthewm » 03 Dec 2005, 05:07

someone's father and grandfather can have the same jobs...

I liked this, I was smiling throughout it. Of course anything with russian lit in it is going to gain points by me.
(have you read much tolstoi? it's basically like this. "oh, so and so is cheating on her husband? did you know that he has these fascinating ideas about agriculture and educating the peasents" or at least that's what I thought it was like...)

and it was more likely to be a russian consulate rather then a russian embassy, but i guess it could be the embassy...

-matthew
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 03 Dec 2005, 08:30

Sorry to dissapoint Matthew, but Graham's not a huge Russia nerd like you. But he does look up his facts!

Anything that makes Matthew smile is good stuff. I have a perpetual image of you in my mind as being kind of dour/shy/cranky.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
matthewm
First Video: Sometthing from years ago.

Postby matthewm » 03 Dec 2005, 09:56

yeah, that's sort of accurate.

I don't know about cranky, but it's not like I smile often, and talking to people in real life is scary...

-matthew
Ami KittyCat Mizuno

Postby Ami KittyCat Mizuno » 03 Dec 2005, 12:17

That was very good. Snorted through the whole thing.
I vote Horus or Edgar. He needs more than a name though. He needs a backstory.
xgollum

Name!

Postby xgollum » 03 Dec 2005, 15:12

He needs a PG Wodehouse novel, like Eustace Fopplethorp.

The guy confuses the hell out of me, and while I don't laugh out loud at him like I do some of the other lunacy on hear, I have to say he entertains the pants off me. Although i miss his faux brit accent from last time.

CHEESE! and grill it.
robothero
First Video: Ways to drink a Coke?

Postby robothero » 04 Dec 2005, 10:33

Ami KittyCat Mizuno wrote:He needs more than a name though. He needs a backstory.
He's nothing but backstory.
Ami KittyCat Mizuno

Postby Ami KittyCat Mizuno » 04 Dec 2005, 17:28

Sure sure. He is backstory. BUT who the hell talks like that? Where did he learn this? what bloody country is he from?
miakosummin

Postby miakosummin » 04 Dec 2005, 20:13

I say stay simple. Refer to him as the talky guy, or the guy who talks. He is simply there. He talks. I think its better to not know anything other then what he tells us, simply because thats what the movie was. He was telling us stuff.

At the time, I didnt think it was anyone other then graham himself talking alot. I didnt realize it was to be an actual character...

I'm too lazy to find my speakers in the boxes [we moved], so I'm gonna wait until I get to school to watch the new movie.
Under13

Postby Under13 » 05 Dec 2005, 08:54

Willard Eynon James. Esquire.

No, wait. He need something before it, as well.

Monsignor Willard Eynon James, Esq.

Excellent.
<>{
subterratigress

Postby subterratigress » 05 Dec 2005, 17:14

Wh00t, my first post... I'll completely understand if I'm a tad ignored, due to my complete newness. Just call me Tigress if you do decide to refer to me, somehow...

I loved this video. ^^ T'was one of those things that you just had to slowly start laughing at the absurtity of it all. Funfunfun...

If this guy gets a name, it has to be absolutely perfect. Nothing halfway, or we'll probably regret it... Otherwise he should go by 'The Funny-Talking Grilled-Cheese Guy' or similar.

Keep up the excelent work, guys. ^^
"Emotions: We wouldn't feel very odd without them."
~Joseph Duchense
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 05 Dec 2005, 19:44

I think it was...okay. I like him simply beacuse he's funny, but I think the grilled cheese one and this one kind of dragged on a bit..although the tofuraffe was great. I still say that the "sheer stupidity" videos top 'em all!! Go sheery stupidity!
jim

Postby jim » 05 Dec 2005, 20:51

Penry

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”