Merry Christmas Graham Stark

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Re: Merry Christmas Graham Stark

Postby tak197 » 22 Dec 2009, 02:20

Graham wrote:
Steamcastle wrote:what are you saying Graham Stark, that there have been stage plays
There's a play called "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown".

I was in a production of that. It is a kickass musical. I could probably sing most of the songs from the score. But our production was fun.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Dec 2009, 02:57

I believe Tally's "All I want is my fair share" line is also directly from the actual special.
Niko88

Postby Niko88 » 22 Dec 2009, 02:59

Yup it is. ... Go to bed
Why do I love the blinking street lights so much?
plane

Postby plane » 22 Dec 2009, 03:30

Snoopy dance!!! Everyone who is physically capable of it should do the snoopy dance more often.

But I really signed in to ask: what font is that at the end? Is it free? Can I yoink it? I wants!
Unclever title

Postby Unclever title » 22 Dec 2009, 06:35

Good Grief. That was hilarious and somewhat depressing at the same time.

It was very reminiscent of Charlie Brown (in addition to all of the SUBTLE references).

I particularly enjoyed the costumes involved.
My train of thought is more like a roller coaster that has loop de loops and no safety bars.
I don't know if I'm tall enough to ride.
tfaironpirate
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby tfaironpirate » 22 Dec 2009, 07:01

Yes! Merry Christmas Charlie Brown! It was the only christmas special pessimistic enough for me as a child living on a ground floor two bedroom apartment in New York while looking out the window and seeing the homeless set fire to the trashcan outside, huddled around for warmth. Ah, the joy of the season.
Dear Professor Universe.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 22 Dec 2009, 07:05

Unclever title wrote:Good Grief. That was hilarious and somewhat depressing at the same time.

Exactly what I would describe the real Charlie Brown specials to be. Hilarious, uplifting, and somewhat depressing.

Also I never realized until this video how weird it is that everyone calls Charlie Brown by his first name.

Except, of course, Peppermint Patty, who calls him Chuck, which is even weirder. Good grief.

Also You're a Good Man Charlie Brown is probably my favorite musical ever. Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant.

Graham wrote:Jer's costume, by the way, is how Snoopy is always portrayed when played by actors in the Charlie Brown stage plays.

This, and it's so perfect. Though when I saw this back at Uni in undergrad, the actor's nose had been painted black, and I think it was a sweater, not a t-shirt. It was seriously perfect. The guy did the best Snoopy I've ever seen.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 22 Dec 2009, 07:16

Meh.

I didn't feel this video was strong enough in its own right. Most LRR videos can be appreciated even if you aren't familiar with what they're referring to or parodying, but it didn't feel to me like there was a lot of funny in this one, so clearly the squee-ing that's going on is almost entirely due to people recognising references to the Peanuts Christmas special.

In fact, I was thinking that the video was surprisingly badly scripted until I realised that the unnatural lines and delivery were due to the fact that the entire video, rather than just the dance, was a tribute to Peanuts. Which wasn't obvious until I picked up on the continued use of Graham's full name as a reference to Charlie Brown, over halfway through the video.

Sorry to introduce a sour note into all this Christmas cheer, but the video definitely relied too much on the viewer having seen something which I haven't. Bitch, bitch, whine.
Last edited by ThrashJazzAssassin on 22 Dec 2009, 07:19, edited 1 time in total.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 22 Dec 2009, 07:17

Merry Christmas, Graham Stark!!! And other members of Loading Ready Run.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
xpk3
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby xpk3 » 22 Dec 2009, 07:18

ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:Meh.

I didn't feel this video was strong enough in its own right. Most LRR videos can be appreciated even if you aren't familiar with what they're referring to or parodying, but it didn't feel to me like there was a lot of funny in this one, so clearly the squee-ing that's going on is almost entirely due to people recognising references to the Peanuts Christmas special. In fact, I was thinking that the video was surprisingly badly scripted until I realised that the unnatural lines and delivery were due to the fact that the entire video, rather than just the dance, was a tribute to Peanuts. Which wasn't obvious until I picked up on the continued use of Graham's full name as a reference to Charlie Brown, over halfway through the video.

Sorry to introduce a sour note into all this Christmas cheer, but the video definitely relied too much on the viewer having seen something which I haven't. Bitch, bitch, whine.

im in the same boat
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 22 Dec 2009, 08:11

Kevco wrote:Pity that the play scene with Peppermint Patty and Marcie didn't have a place.
Maybe next year....
Who's going to be the sheep?

That scene is actually from the second (and vastly inferior) second Peanuts Christmas special, "It's Christmastime Again Charlie Brown" - rather than being specially written, it was stitched together from various comic strip plots. This was just a parody of the original, and best Peanuts Christmas special!

Basically, I know a lot about peanuts.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
LS

Postby LS » 22 Dec 2009, 08:57

Bravo on this one guys. I usually like your Christmas videos a little less than your average videos. I dunno, something about the way you guys have done them in the past never seemed to click for me the way your videos usually do.

This, though, was superb. I laughed and clapped my hands.
Fancy Morgan: the Matt lover.
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 22 Dec 2009, 10:24

Well, well, now that I am up and running on this magical mobile wifi in the sky , I think I'm ready to let you in on a little plan this has inspired. As mentioned by Graham Stark, this is partially inspired by the theater peanuts musicals, like "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown". On of the fondest memories of my youth is the song "Book Report" from that show. I've decided to compose a Desert Bus parody, and will write and post the lyrics in the next few days. It will be epic.

This is, however, all just part of my circuitous and devious plan to get as much Jernoopy as possible. Now off to the YouTube app to absorb lrr and peanuts related joy!
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 22 Dec 2009, 12:51

Upon re-watching I can indeed confirm that Tally is very cute but not in a creepy internet perv way, more in a lil sister doing cute things cute.

Graham Stark as low key, fed up guy is also kinda cute, but in a gruff manly way.

Fuck it, the whole video was cute. It was cute from start to finish.

Also, Paul saying "Lights please" and not a goddamn thing happening was very funny to me. His speech kinda reminded me of something out of Monty Pythons Life of Brian.
Nothing to see here.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 22 Dec 2009, 13:10

Kathleen wrote:
Kevco wrote:Pity that the play scene with Peppermint Patty and Marcie didn't have a place.
Maybe next year....
Who's going to be the sheep?

That scene is actually from the second (and vastly inferior) second Peanuts Christmas special, "It's Christmastime Again Charlie Brown" - rather than being specially written, it was stitched together from various comic strip plots. This was just a parody of the original, and best Peanuts Christmas special!

Basically, I know a lot about peanuts.

Ah, the Fear Factor bassist story makes a whole lot more sense now.
Will-Mun
First Video: D-fer Madness.

Postby Will-Mun » 22 Dec 2009, 13:22

Finally, the Anti-Christmas special I've been waiting for! My sentiments exactly. I enjoy the Holiday itself enough, time with friends and family, exchanging gifts (cause really, who doesn't love gifts.) But the entire PRODUCTION surrounding the holiday. It drives me to tears... For TWO months!

My favorite day is always January first, cause it's the day that those 24 hour Christmas Song stations STOP SUCKING. (Seriously, Christmas Music is some of the worst music known to man.)

And for everyone who didn't get right away that this was a Peanuts homage...Look at Graham's shirt! I mean come on now.

Also, I'm happy I'm alone in the house, didn't want to explain why I suddenly shrieked "Snoopy!"
"Dirty Joke Goes Here."
Sauter

Postby Sauter » 22 Dec 2009, 13:40

hahahaha, Jer is really a good snoopy. His dance made me laugh pretty hard.
blondie87
First Video: (I don't know. it was a long time ago.)

Postby blondie87 » 22 Dec 2009, 13:55

May I say that Matt and Tim really don't look alike?
Okay, they're both blonde and pale, but that phenotype is really common in Victoria. It's full of white people.

Also, I had somehting else to say, but now I can't remember. Again, I thought this was fantastic. I love Charlie Brown and this totally made me get into some sort of christmas mode. (I finally made my gingerbread cookies.)

Merry Christmas, Crew! (and the rest of the forum)
If you want to be seen, Stand up. If you want to be heard, Speak up. If you want to be loved, Sit down, and Shut up. - Mr Rawlins (My high school Principal)
Father Time

Postby Father Time » 22 Dec 2009, 15:28

"all I want is what's coming to me, all I want is my fair share"

Ok I'm 100% positive that's a Peanuts reference but from where.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 22 Dec 2009, 15:29

I'm guessing from the Peanuts 1965 Christmas Special, like the rest of the video.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Postby Tally » 22 Dec 2009, 21:02

"All I have is what I have coming to me. All I want is my fair share." Go to 2:30 at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGqzCQO7Vy4

For those who haven't seen it but want to, or wish to see it again, it's on youtube in its entirety, just here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJWWXHHO ... re=related
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 22 Dec 2009, 23:02

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the special when Linus has his monologue about Christmas, doesn't the music fade away?
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 23 Dec 2009, 00:03

It sounded better with music.
And Bradley made about 20 minutes worth of music for a 6 minute video, so I used everything I could.
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 23 Dec 2009, 00:46

I'm surprised at how all the characters were really close to the Peanuts characters. Especially since I haven't see the Christmas Special in so long.
Checky_Girl
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Checky_Girl » 23 Dec 2009, 04:49

I watched this without ever having seen the Peanuts Christmas special and found it midly funny. Then I watched the Christmas special and when I watched this video again I found it hilarious. You did a really good job of capturing the characters. I also love Tally's pout, very cute. And Paul saying 'Light's Please' and absolutely nothing happening cracked me up for some reason. It might have been Graham's brief look of expectation, then utter confusion.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”