Wakey Wakey

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Graham
Super Moderator

Re: Wakey Wakey

Postby Graham » 05 Jan 2010, 00:32

Asnone wrote:Kathleen was really good in this video, don't get me wrong so was everyone else but I'd have to that kathleen was the best... Regarding acting... Not beards.
I'm not just saying this, but I was also really impressed with Kathleen's acting. I was sorry I couldn't show just her reactions for Paul's whole speech.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 05 Jan 2010, 00:42

Well part of the fun of LRR humor is that it is not all the same. Some people dislike some parts of LRR humor while liking other parts. It is nearly impossible to satisfy everyone at once even if Andy or 64K are in a video.

I am not convinced calling Paul's character's heart condition Schrödinger's heart was the best idea. The heart condition is not sufficiently quantum mechanical for the name.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 05 Jan 2010, 00:45

What if it was Andy and 64k?

I mean, the internet would implode, but we'd be able to see it once.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Triangular
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Triangular » 05 Jan 2010, 01:13

I like the end of the video.
I don't like the way the site will look soon.
I like that you guys feel good.
Always speak your mind, those that matter wont mind,
and those that mind, don't matter
elvor
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby elvor » 05 Jan 2010, 02:36

FUCK. YES!

Even though I'd already read the script and knew the twist, you guys pulled it off really well. I especially liked Paul swallowing the memory card.

Well done guys, and gratz to Mimm!
Arius

Postby Arius » 05 Jan 2010, 02:39

I just realized.

This is the last video before the Escapist move.

It's fitting that a fan script carries this legacy as we move into this bold new world.

Let us remember this as we look upon the sharks we leap over. Erm...
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 05 Jan 2010, 02:58

I MISSED IT!

AGAIN!

LIKE THE F*&%ING DESERT BUS AUCTIONS!

RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Ahem.
Rage over.

Woo! I'm thrilled, you guys did such a good job! Casting was perfect, really well done. And I'm honoured that I got the last pre-escapist spot. I'm also very glad so many people liked it. And if you didn't like it; fair deals, I'm not gonna tantrum because not everyone likes it. Yes, this is quantum so thin it could be spread on toast, but I would like to remind you it's a 5 minute sketch written by (at the time) an 18 year old just out of sixth form just for lols. But, as Bill Bailey said, "I am English and as such I crave disappointment", so even if you don't like it, you're welcome.
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 05 Jan 2010, 03:15

Arius wrote:I just realized.

This is the last video before the Escapist move.

It's fitting that a fan script carries this legacy as we move into this bold new world.

Good point dude. Well done Mimm! *Clap clap clap*

Nice video, I liked the twist. If the twist had been "You're not really dying" I would have been annoyed but that was pretty much the perfect lampshade hanging (to use tv tropes parlance) of that comedy cliche.

Are we gonna talk about Grahams lil speech at the end? Cos I can't stop crying and just want somebody to hold me. A different screen to watch LRR from? Say it ain't so G-Star! Say it ain't so!
Nothing to see here.
Asnone
First Video: Forget about it.

Postby Asnone » 05 Jan 2010, 03:22

Graham wrote:
Asnone wrote:Kathleen was really good in this video, don't get me wrong so was everyone else but I'd have to that kathleen was the best... Regarding acting... Not beards.
I'm not just saying this, but I was also really impressed with Kathleen's acting. I was sorry I couldn't show just her reactions for Paul's whole speech.

Hahahaha, you could do a "loading time" or a bonus video of just her reactions.
"I would rather pay tax than be dead! AARGH!!!"
"OK, but... Think about women's change rooms. We can finally look inside them."
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 05 Jan 2010, 04:11

This was soooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiird....

Vikkie will probably kill me (unless, of course, I flee the country...), but I didn't immediately recognise where I'd seen this before. It actually gave me cause to doubt my faith in LRR: for one horrible moment I was convinced you were just ripping off someone else's work. Then I thought it was going to turn out to be a parody/tribute video based on a famous sketch, a la It's Very Simple, and it honestly took me about twenty seconds to go "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH... right...."

Because the people I'd seen performing this sketch before, or at least doing a read-through of the script, were us (Mimm, Lawman, elvor, Tyrannosaurus Sex and I). Which you would have thought I'd have picked up on sooner. Good job, brain! :(

But while seeing LRR perform a sketch that I already knew was very disorienting, it was also really exciting. I love the performances, and as elvor said, knowing the jokes in advance didn't make it any less funny, because it's a great script and you guys did an amazing job. I particularly love the shot after Rob tells Eric it's his wake, in which the others are standing there looking hilariously enthusiastic about it. And the way you dealt with the Schroedinger's heart idea - "It's just gonna get tired of the suspense and it's gonna stop" - was priceless!

Huh. It's snowing again....

Oh, sorry, I got sidetracked. Anyway, that's about it, apart from one tiny criticism: Tim delivered "This is the worst wake ever" too quickly and too soon after Jer's line to make it a satisfying ending line. You kind of dropped the ball there after such great performances throughout. The rest, though, was gold.
Last edited by ThrashJazzAssassin on 21 May 2010, 11:30, edited 3 times in total.
Lawman
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby Lawman » 05 Jan 2010, 04:28

Yeah, it didn't take long for me to realise that I'd seen this script before. Because I had a sneak peek at it. First thought was, super congrats to Vikkie; then I just wanted to see how well the crew pulled it off. The answer was, very well indeed.

Good thing was I'd half forgotten the jokes, and I tried not to remember them, so they'd be fresh.

Excellent job everyone.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 05 Jan 2010, 04:59

LRR videos on the escapist, EVERYBODY PANIC!! ITS EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF!!
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
elvor
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby elvor » 05 Jan 2010, 05:01

Additionally, I think Jer performed my role very well :P.
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 05 Jan 2010, 05:07

An awesome video from everyone involved, guys; better than the last three combined. And to think I've actually met Vikkie. Amazing.

EDIT: I think my favourite joke was that Paul's friends spent at least four hours preparing a surprise party for him rather than tell him he was going to die.
Last edited by Emperor Gum on 05 Jan 2010, 05:09, edited 1 time in total.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 05 Jan 2010, 05:09

Okay, someone's got to fucking clear this up for me:

Is it pronounced Shro-ding-err or Shro-dinj-er? Is the G hard or soft? I've heard it both ways and it's killing me.
Keith K

Postby Keith K » 05 Jan 2010, 05:21

In german, it's Shro-ding-gerrrrrrrrrr. Ding is pronounced, but then the G is pronounced again with a solid 'gare' with a hard rolling R.
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 05 Jan 2010, 06:37

I liked this. I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"
Oxford
First Video: The Whatever Thing

Postby Oxford » 05 Jan 2010, 07:14

Nicely done. I thought the "Schroedinger's Heart" was a nice touch, considering the work LRR has done with Herr Schroedinger in it before.

Nice script, MadMadamMimm!
9 out of 10 Americans believe that out of 10 people 1 American will always disagree with the other 9.
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 05 Jan 2010, 07:15

Yaxley wrote:I liked this. I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

Heheh. Appropriate. Sigg'd
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
Drumber

Postby Drumber » 05 Jan 2010, 08:27

Graham is such a good actor. How he kept a straight face when saying "our podcasts will still be here every week" is beyond me.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 05 Jan 2010, 08:42

Yaxley wrote:I liked this. I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

To be human is to keep rattling the bars of the cage of existence hollering, "What's it for?"
- Robert Fulghum
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 05 Jan 2010, 08:44

My only regret is that you can't see that we ad-libbed that Eric gets down on one knee to deliver the series of sick burns to his girlfriend. It makes the context so much more cruel.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
operagirl95
First Video: n

Postby operagirl95 » 05 Jan 2010, 09:13

Kathleen wrote:My only regret is that you can't see that we ad-libbed that Eric gets down on one knee to deliver the series of sick burns to his girlfriend. It makes the context so much more cruel.

Huh, I thought it was implied. Why else would he get down like that?
That was my favorite burn.
RytelCSF
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby RytelCSF » 05 Jan 2010, 09:31

Drumber wrote:Graham is such a good actor. How he kept a straight face when saying "our podcasts will still be here every week" is beyond me.

That's because he's referring to the secret, hidden podcasts that you can find at [REDACTED, SUSPENDED, SET ABLAZE]
Shandi
First Video: The Secret Life of Toast

Postby Shandi » 05 Jan 2010, 10:07

That was actually really sweet. Funny, and ridiculous, but also sweet. Awwww!
This is why I'm LOL!
-Shandi

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”