The Job

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Sauter

Re: The Job

Postby Sauter » 11 Jan 2010, 13:47

Hahaha, I thought that was good execution of the punchline. I actually like the change to the Escapist. It's not HD, but the video loads faster, and you guys have it up on time :D. Except it wasn't posted on the video section of LRR.com, which I thought it would be due to that PSA in last week's video.

Also, I really liked the editing in this one, specifically the screens (screen is a bad word choice) with each member's name.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 11 Jan 2010, 13:48

Dude, I've seen the paperwork on what happened. While it could have happened without prior knowledge.......let's just say it didn't. You weren't the one with it though, so there's nothing you could have done.

As for the Lord, the word around the office is that the Jerhail Academy has already being sending out feelers.

Sauter, it will be up on the main page later, Paul is just setting up the site to switch over to version 7.0, and will put it up after.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Steamcastle
First Video: commodoreHUSTLE 11 - Showdown

Postby Steamcastle » 11 Jan 2010, 13:53

so
matt was 'Crash Override' in "Is Paul's Boyfriend Cheating?"
jer from "Ways to Abuse Shaolin"
James could have been in "The James Masterson School for Dictatorial Improvement"
but what about tim and kathleen?

this video makes me want to start a role-playing again.

jeg ville skrive mere, men jeg er træt og ordblind, så det må blive en anden gang, men det var en god video.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 11 Jan 2010, 14:02

Glad you guys like it so much!

Let's keep the "commenting on comments" out of this thread though. Let the Escapist forums say whatever they want: It's mostly been very positive anyway!
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 11 Jan 2010, 14:04

Tim wrote:I was trying to make it look like I saw it coming and dove the other direction, but I didn't sell it that well. *shrug*

Could have been the slow motion. It might look awesome in normal.
David_G
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby David_G » 11 Jan 2010, 14:05

As I said on the Escapist; liked it, great for an introductory episode, excellent punchline, a little bit too short and I can't wait for the next one. :D
RoentgeniumFinger

Postby RoentgeniumFinger » 11 Jan 2010, 14:11

I really liked this one, guys. most of my comments have been said above, so to sum up: I am happy no quality or humor was lost during the move to The Escapist. I just feel sorry for people who will think that this is setting up a contiguous series bound in a cohesive plotline, instead of that delicious Nougat center we know to be LRR
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 11 Jan 2010, 14:55

Yay for as much camera trickery and use of random props and costumes as physically possible! Yay for Kathleen clones! Yay for the return of Bionic Trousers Media! :mrgreen:

I was pretty gobsmacked by the fact that Morgan has joined Bill in official demotion from the core crew, though. Didn't see that one coming. :(
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 11 Jan 2010, 15:01

thunderkatz wrote:Loved the Hackers reference, and I must say, eyepatch + fauxhawk + holographic watch + cane = win.

Almost, but not quite. Matt as Crash Override is a reference to "Girly Magazine Quiz: Is Paul's Boyfriend Cheating?"

ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:I was pretty gobsmacked by the fact that Morgan has joined Bill in official demotion from the core crew, though. Didn't see that one coming. :(
Why are you so certain of this?
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
DRog
First Video: Three PS3s

Postby DRog » 11 Jan 2010, 20:24

This is the best LRR video I have ever seen. And that's saying quite a bit, seeing how awesome this site is.

Also slightly bothered by the omission of Morgan and Bill, and saddened by their demotion to "contributors"
Last edited by DRog on 11 Jan 2010, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 11 Jan 2010, 20:26

Tim looks so uber badass. The eyepatch + hair + clothes = win.
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 11 Jan 2010, 21:15

The video quality seems... off, but I think that's the Escapist's fault.
Tezuka
First Video: Installation Anxiety/Unskippable Videos

Postby Tezuka » 11 Jan 2010, 22:27

gotta say this video was a bit surprising in terms of graphics and video style. Especially the intros for the "new" Crew (just checked out the about page, apparently Morgan and Bill are now on "the contributors" while Tim has been "officially" moved up to Crew, yay for quotation marks).
Something about the camera angles and intro pictures just made it seem different, as if it truly is a new era of LRR.
Needless to say I lol'ed the entire time. Great Vid.
P.S It was quite odd seeing credits again.
King Rocky IV

Postby King Rocky IV » 11 Jan 2010, 22:43

I wouldn't call it a demotion. They just have day jobs outside of LRR. Even though they've lost the green screen backgrounds in their profile pictures, doesn't mean they've lost the green screens in our hearts...

Okay, there's a much more eloquent way to express this sentiment, but I'm still laughing over the "Crash Override" callback. Short of an Edward James Olmos joke, that's the oldest reference I've seen yet. And it works for a non-LRR audience, which is the real beauty of it.

I'm sure Morgan and Bill will make their appearances in due time. And it'll be suitably epic. You know, the rest of the group will be in mortal terror, and the girl (Matt) will cower in fear and ask: Who can save us?

So yeah, good debut video, combination of trademark LRR humor with fantastic special effects. Not a lot of acting involved, but there wasn't much opportunity for it with this one. Next week will be better. Get your hopes high, people. Very, very high. Almost unreasonably high. So high that anything less than absolute comedy gold will be considered an insult to the legacy that is LoadingReadyRun. With expectations this big, what can go wrong?
PearlSpark
First Video: Three PS3s

Postby PearlSpark » 11 Jan 2010, 22:51

CRASH OVERRIDE!
Zivlok

Postby Zivlok » 11 Jan 2010, 23:04

It was okay. Not as many jokes as usual, relied a bit too heavily on the punchline for me, and I would have thought you'd want a very joke-heavy sketch to introduce yourself to a new audience.

I liked it alright, but...

Anywho, Tim was AWESOME, and I don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but is the top left screen Matt has the LRR recap (LRRcap?) thing from the introduction to the escapist vid a little while back?
The Tortured Soul

Postby The Tortured Soul » 11 Jan 2010, 23:15

Note: not reading rest of thread before posting.

I hafta admit I was a bit scared when I saw the ad on the Escapist and it had the Escapist opener rather than the usual LRR one.

Then this vid rolled in and was awesome. Still amusing for me who knew all the crew anyway and I think a great way to introduce the Escapist peeps to LRR Hilarity.

The Future is bright, the future is LRR!
posting... in england.

Reality is subjective and insanity is just a point of view

• Step 10 ???
  • Step 11 Profit
  • Step 12 Podcast
  • Step 13 Huff a Dong!
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 11 Jan 2010, 23:21

I said this over at the Escapist, but Kathleen does a good Uma Thurman. The katana over the shoulder works well for her.

I really liked Tim's wardrobe for this one, too.

Overall, a good intro video. I'd be a bit let down if this weren't the first Escapist partnership video, though.

I didn't see either the punchline or the stinger coming, though.
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 11 Jan 2010, 23:46

goat wrote:Bill Watt. Abandoned to the circus sideshow at a young age, he quickly rose through the ranks of the sideshow, and the top of the tent, finally becoming the world's tallest man at the age of 9. At age 15, while shopping for longer trousers, the entire circus was destroyed by ninjas, killing the only family he knew. He has dedicated his life to learning the combative arts so that he may avenge their deaths.
Fixed

Also lack of Morgan makes me die a little.
Image Image Image
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 12 Jan 2010, 00:02

Lawman wrote:
  • Slo-mo hallway shot: I notice that, unlike, say, "Ways to End a Movie" or "Fun with Condoms", this shot is smoothly slow-mo. After Effects?
In my extremely limited experience, a cheap way to get better looking slo-mo is to do the actual action slow while filming. This way, when you slow it down with effects, you have to reduce the framerate less with makes the quality better.

Amirite guise?
Last edited by Sieg Reyu on 12 Jan 2010, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 12 Jan 2010, 00:07

you could also speed up the shutter/film speed on the camera. More frames/second filmed means slower playback.
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 12 Jan 2010, 01:29

Nothing really to add that hasn't already been said. Good video to introduce the Escapist to the players. Awesome visual effects were awesome. Joke kinda predictable (in that it was gonna be an anti-climax) but funny none-the-less.

Objects floating around Jer's head were in-jokey and thus satisfied my LRR thirst! Anybody made a list of those yet?
Nothing to see here.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 12 Jan 2010, 01:30

It was actually shot with a special option on Tim's camera that shoots at 120 fps, which when slowed to the normal 30fps turns the 3-second buffer into 12-seconds of slo-mo.
Triangular
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Triangular » 12 Jan 2010, 01:55

This video was aweosme. Those introductions are way to cool to just be used for that short. Though it was pretty sweet as a whole. Waita go champs :)
Always speak your mind, those that matter wont mind,
and those that mind, don't matter
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 12 Jan 2010, 02:04

another watch cements how much I love Bradley's music in this

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”