Green

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Re: Green

Postby Smeghead » 10 Feb 2010, 13:10

Arius wrote:I assumed the video had been written by Smeghead and the crew was putting the credit into the video.

But, I should have known you weren't that clever. :P

That seems like a secret self promoting thing i would ask for had I writen it, but no I didn't.

I shoudl really send in my script ideas
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 10 Feb 2010, 17:10

Dutch guy wrote:<snip> The end result was that both clay and plastic are pretty closely matched with plastic just slightly ahead. BUT this assumes both go to landfill. The pollution of plastic can be further reduced if we assume a reasonable recycling rate of 1% of total plastic cups used twice and 5% recycled as some other sort of plastic product (Wheelybins or something, 5% is not unreasonable as a lot of companies have a separate bin for plastic cups, and offices and the likes are the biggest consumers of plastic cups)

The thing about clay and ceramics is that they, too, can be re-used and/or recycled.

Also, remember that you are assuming 1000 uses. That's three time per day for a year. Now handwash only once per day, and consider 1 to 5 uses per day (average of 2.5). This pushes ceramics further and further up into the "better than plastic" category.

I use a 1L stainless steel bottle, wash once a week, and refill up to thrice (average 2) a day (5 days a week). How's that measure up to plastic?

-=----=----=----=----=----=----=----=----=----=----=-

As for CFL bulbs, they do seem to last much longer than incandecent bulbs (anecdotal evidence! beware!), and do draw about 1/5 to 1/8 the power of incandecent bulbs with similar output. I can leave one on all day and only marginally affect my elecrticity bill (I leave early and come home late -- a light on in the house reduces hazards from coming home after dark), and they're only a little more expensive than their fiery brethren.

My only issue with CFLs is that it's hard to find bulbs that are designed to be mounted inverted (pointing down), and I tend to favor fixtures that have or can be used in inverted mounting positions.
roronoa_zolo

Postby roronoa_zolo » 11 Feb 2010, 01:59

wow! that was hilarious! right up there with ez industries as one of my favourite lrr videos! at no point in this video was i not laughing, pure hilarity. morgans back too! that video will have me laughing to myself all day.
Dorian
First Video: Joystique

Postby Dorian » 11 Feb 2010, 04:15

Anyone here up for making a .gif of Morgan when he says "I'm older. And I have a bigger mug." ? I would do it myself but I've never made a .gif in my life, sadly.
Shinoki
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Shinoki » 11 Feb 2010, 14:50

Dorian wrote:Anyone here up for making a .gif of Morgan when he says "I'm older. And I have a bigger mug." ? I would do it myself but I've never made a .gif in my life, sadly.

http://loadingreadyrun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10951&start=250
iwashere33
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby iwashere33 » 11 Feb 2010, 18:17

when i saw that mug i though there was going to be some naked-green-morgan with the mugging being used for blocking shots. and then the image hit me.

morgan at sunrise, all green, in slow mo, coming up over the horizon, yelling at trash littering the streets,

i.e. like dr.manhattan in that war scene from the watchmen.
Ian McKellen, now!
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 11 Feb 2010, 18:56

iwashere33 wrote:when i saw that mug i though there was going to be some naked-green-morgan with the mugging being used for blocking shots. and then the image hit me.

morgan at sunrise, all green, in slow mo, coming up over the horizon, yelling at trash littering the streets, Ride of the Valkrie playing in the background

i.e. like dr.manhattan in that war scene from the watchmen.
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 11 Feb 2010, 21:01

Liked, not loved, it but I do have to say that if Morgan had painted his legs and gone with a Speedo rather than boxer shorts, I would have rolled laughing.

Also, this reminds me of the time where I was finally going to replace the bulb in my desk lamp with one of them fancy-schmancy ones and I accidentally dropped it on the floor while taking it out of the package and I was in my bare feet.

Gingerly walking around the drop zone while freaking out about mercury poisoning? Good times, man.

Trisha Lynn
...good times...
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
keswickgallagher
First Video: Save Our Games

Postby keswickgallagher » 24 Feb 2010, 17:29

To the above comment.

Mogran painted green in speedo's

NONE of us need to see that!

I still think green paul would of been awesome though
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 24 Feb 2010, 21:23

I think we all need to see that.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
keswickgallagher
First Video: Save Our Games

Postby keswickgallagher » 26 Feb 2010, 05:54

Master Gunner wrote:I think we all need to see that.

I think we've seen it already with a little skeletor action
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 12 Apr 2010, 09:57

So there I am, innocently heading over to the Escapist to catch up on all the LRR videos I've missed out on, when all of a sudden AAAAAGH NAKED GREEN MORGAN!!!!!

Oh, you silly, silly people. Nice video, though; I felt it didn't really settle into a natural rhythm until a couple of minutes in, but there was a lot of funny in there. I'd like to see the further adventures of Jason and Thomas: they make a good double act, with each man's weirdness complementing and feeding off the other's.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 12 Apr 2010, 10:22

I think Morgan and Tim have eerily similar ways of talking and acting (in their...acting, at least), but they take it in different directions (with Morgan generally being, well, Morgan about it), so they play off each other well.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”