Canada is Sorry

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Re: Canada is Sorry

Postby Tim » 05 Jul 2010, 14:43

Graham wrote:Actually, Tim, speaking as one of the video's writers :) that totally is a Python reference.
The Lumberjack song's many iterations always had Michael Palin playing some job, and then later declaring that he'd always wanted to be lumberjack.

Ah. The joke never struck me that way. That's what I get for answering a question not addressed to me... : P
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
epocalypse
First Video: omnilingual (not including unskippable)
Location: the county of los angeles, the city of los angeles, whichever state los angeles is in.

Postby epocalypse » 05 Jul 2010, 14:55

Thank you so much for apologizing for Avatar and James Cameron. That made my day.
Time flies when I launch grandfather clocks from my trebuchet.
Arius wrote:Epocalypse? More like Epicalypse, amirite? -Arius
and now, here's a link to new animated film, broken_test_zero's blog, and here'sa link to our facebook page.
my personal site
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 05 Jul 2010, 16:18

Tim wrote:
Graham wrote:Actually, Tim, speaking as one of the video's writers :) that totally is a Python reference.
The Lumberjack song's many iterations always had Michael Palin playing some job, and then later declaring that he'd always wanted to be lumberjack.

Ah. The joke never struck me that way. That's what I get for answering a question not addressed to me... : P
No worries!
Granted, that wasn't the point of the joke, but it was still a reference.
Slack Mesa
First Video: Green

Postby Slack Mesa » 05 Jul 2010, 16:27

There's an error in the VERY FIRST SENTENCE of the brochure at 3:12:
we're sorry of the imperative used in the heading of this brochure may have suggested they were not invited

The word "of" in that sentence CLEARLY should have been "if." Don't you PROOFREAD your work?

I invest SEVERAL minutes of my valuable time EVERY WEEK watching your videos. I am entitled to a better quality of work than this RECKLESS, HAPHAZARD, AND FRANKLY IRRESPONSIBLE excuse for a video.

You self-proclaimed Canadian COMEDIANS probably DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND the gravity of your offense. "After all," you're probably mumbling to yourselves right now, "we just typed one vowel where we should have typed another. That's not so bad, is it?" YES, it is so bad. The vowel you abused wasn't just any old letter. It was "I." You know what that means? Do you have ANY IDEA what you did? "I" means ME. That's right, you've not only insulted the alphabet, you've insulted me PERSONALLY.

The Slack Mesa Research Facility offers its regrets on the occasion of this unfunny and ill-advised rant.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 05 Jul 2010, 18:11

Lyinginbedmon wrote:It's ok, England forgives you.

Mommy's got you, mommy's got you. Shhhhh, it's alright.

First of all, it's "DADDY's got you" and second of all, we all know you are about 2 feet too short to be Bill.

I read this and now I think you missed a huge opportunity for "Split Decision".

Gollom wrote:We really should be sorry for Justin Bieber. Seriously, what were we thinking? Sorry world, our bad :(

Also, Celine Dion, but really...she's Vegas' fault now.

You SHOULD be horrible sorry for Justin Bieber. Releasing Justin Beiber into the world is like sleeping around while knowingly have syphilis.

As for Celine Dion, ... I agree with you there, she's Vegas' property now, they can have her.
Tim
proudfoot

Postby Tim » 05 Jul 2010, 18:12

Hah. Best typo-spotting ever!
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
His_Ryanness
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming (I think)

Postby His_Ryanness » 05 Jul 2010, 18:28

Now that he mentions it, there's also a quotation mark missing later in the brochure, in the second block of text.
in which case, we admit, "nice is probably not the correct term to use
This signature has been designed by neuroscientists to render you sterile upon reading.
Dicey
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby Dicey » 05 Jul 2010, 19:04

I might like to add that people in los angeles rarely ever walk, so the possibility of running into someone would be a completely new and stunning experience. Followed by litigation. Excellent video.
Chuckles
First Video: Omni-Lingual

Postby Chuckles » 05 Jul 2010, 19:17

Dicey wrote:I might like to add that people in los angeles rarely ever walk, so the possibility of running into someone would be a completely new and stunning experience. Followed by litigation. Excellent video.

ImageImage
"Flat beer or a lumpy mattress. Take your pick."
"I'd prefer a flat mattress."
"Hmm.. Well, it could be done.. If I take the lumps out of the mattress, and put them in the beer, you'd have a flat mattress and a lumpy beer!"
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 05 Jul 2010, 21:08

Slack Mesa wrote:VERY FIRST SENTENCE CLEARLY PROOFREAD SEVERAL EVERY WEEK RECKLESS, HAPHAZARD, AND FRANKLY IRRESPONSIBLE COMEDIANS DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND YES ANY IDEA ME PERSONALLY.

...Oh. I thought if I took out all the non-reddened words this post would form a secret sentence.
Tim
proudfoot

Postby Tim » 05 Jul 2010, 21:48

Nevrmore wrote:
Slack Mesa wrote:VERY FIRST SENTENCE CLEARLY PROOFREAD SEVERAL EVERY WEEK RECKLESS, HAPHAZARD, AND FRANKLY IRRESPONSIBLE COMEDIANS DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND YES ANY IDEA ME PERSONALLY.

...Oh. I thought if I took out all the non-reddened words this post would form a secret sentence.

That would've been awesome.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 05 Jul 2010, 21:56

Reminds me of "The Twelve ways to say 'I'm Sorry'" from my How to Be a Canadian. Good stuff.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 05 Jul 2010, 22:52

metcarfre wrote:Reminds me of "The Twelve ways to say 'I'm Sorry'" from my How to Be a Canadian. Good stuff.

Does it go like this?

English: I'm Sorry.
Spanish: Lo Siento.
German: Es tut mir leid, dass.
Italian: Mi dispiace.
French: RIBBIT RIBBIT RIBBIT.
Slack Mesa
First Video: Green

Postby Slack Mesa » 05 Jul 2010, 23:30

Nevrmore wrote:

The Slack Mesa Research Facility hereby apologizes for the clearly broken secret sentence.

As part of a standard quality assessment procedure, our Public Relations department used Google Translate to convert the intended secret sentence from English to Japanese and back. Regrettably, however, this test sentence was translated at a power level of 105%, resulting in a relevance cascade. In retrospect, our decision to run the test on the same day as the quarterly Absinthe & Cheese party was unwise, and we apologize.

We at the Slack Mesa Research Facility recognize that you have a choice in reckless science and forum commentary providers, and we thank you for making the wrong choice: us.
Triangular
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Triangular » 06 Jul 2010, 00:14

I think James and Matt dancing at the end was my favorite part
Always speak your mind, those that matter wont mind,
and those that mind, don't matter
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 06 Jul 2010, 01:59

OMG, I just noticed Kathleen's Catholic guilt Soda cans have a dude squirting blood out of his stigmata in celebration of how awesome the soda tastes.

(How can I tell it's Kathleen's? It's a slightly crude, slightly offensive joke that I find totally funny. If she didn't draw it, she sure as hell had to have SOMETHING to do with the picture itself. You can just tell when Kathleen was involved and when she isn't.)
Sk8sheep24
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Sk8sheep24 » 06 Jul 2010, 02:01

Sorry that my country once ruled you country, unless of course you're glad that you were ruled and thus given independence as something to celebrate during July. If I offended you just then by bringing up offensive past happenings or the thought of no Canada day, I'm sorry.
Also, there was a typo on your brochure where you wrote "unless less", sorry for being so picky and pointing that out. Then again, I'm starting to think you put all these typos people are pointing out, in on purpose, just so that you could apologize for making minor unimportant errors. I'm on to you Canada... (If this is completely unjustified conspiracy theory, sorry)
Anyway, great video. Sorry for taking so long to get to the point.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 06 Jul 2010, 06:13

Tim wrote:
Nevrmore wrote:

That would've been awesome.

Sorry to bring this up, but it almost does. :shock:

And I'm sorry that I'm so tardy in that I missed out on correcting all yer typos! :P
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 06 Jul 2010, 06:27

madrak_the_red wrote:Also, the English weren't catholic

Sorry, but we are a little bit.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 06 Jul 2010, 06:51

tak197 wrote:
metcarfre wrote:Reminds me of "The Twelve ways to say 'I'm Sorry'" from my How to Be a Canadian. Good stuff.

Does it go like this?

English: I'm Sorry.
Spanish: Lo Siento.
German: Es tut mir leid, dass.
Italian: Mi dispiace.
French: RIBBIT RIBBIT RIBBIT.

No, the twelve different applications and intonations of the phrase "I'm sorry". Sorry.
wartjr2373
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wartjr2373 » 06 Jul 2010, 07:47

Among the Canada Day specials this is not my favourite (the Heritage Minutes parody strongly retains that position) but it was entertaining. I enjoyed the written text in particular.
Just call me Dylan. It's easier to pronounce.

Jack
First Video: The Joystique or Unskippable

Postby Jack » 06 Jul 2010, 10:34

I'm really sorry for not doing this earlier! And I am sorry for being so forgetful!

I really liked this one. You guys did a really nice job.
What are you looking at.
facelesscog
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby facelesscog » 06 Jul 2010, 11:31

On a serious note, I want to say thank you, LRR. I've been going through some tough crap, medically speaking, and it had me in a really foul mood today...until I watched this video. You single handedly (or multiple-handedly, seeing as how there are more than one of you) jump started my mood with this awesomely funny video. Bravo to you all, and thanks. I needed that.
-Jeff
@Facelesscog
OmegaGimp 2010 PAXE
madrak_the_red
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby madrak_the_red » 06 Jul 2010, 13:18

Emperor Gum wrote:

A little bit, but the majority weren't. CofE ain't catholic after all (I think. I'm not very down on these things, being atheist).
(also, I'm English too, so don't worry, I'm not making some broad generalisation. Well, I am, but from INSIDE)
Keelah Se'lai
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 06 Jul 2010, 13:49

madrak_the_red wrote:
Emperor Gum wrote:

A little bit, but the majority weren't. CofE ain't catholic after all (I think. I'm not very down on these things, being atheist).
(also, I'm English too, so don't worry, I'm not making some broad generalisation. Well, I am, but from INSIDE)

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply the majority were. You're right, Church Of England is a form of Protestantism.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”