Canada is Sorry

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Re: Canada is Sorry

Postby tak197 » 06 Jul 2010, 15:37

metcarfre wrote:
tak197 wrote:
metcarfre wrote:Reminds me of "The Twelve ways to say 'I'm Sorry'" from my How to Be a Canadian. Good stuff.

Does it go like this?

English: I'm Sorry.
Spanish: Lo Siento.
German: Es tut mir leid, dass.
Italian: Mi dispiace.
French: RIBBIT RIBBIT RIBBIT.

No, the twelve different applications and intonations of the phrase "I'm sorry". Sorry.

Sorry, but I was trying to make a callback joke to the Meatshroom podcast. I'll try not to be so ambiguous next time.

By the way, I think I feel the need to start a "Proper Canadian Sorry Training Camp" thread in the general discussion.
Dicey
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby Dicey » 06 Jul 2010, 17:59

Sounds like a valuable skill to learn for traveling to Cananda. Or, as a refresher for Canadians who are getting rusty on their sorries.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 07 Jul 2010, 04:16

Emperor Gum wrote:
madrak_the_red wrote:

A little bit, but the majority weren't. CofE ain't catholic after all (I think. I'm not very down on these things, being atheist).
(also, I'm English too, so don't worry, I'm not making some broad generalisation. Well, I am, but from INSIDE)

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply the majority were. You're right, Church Of England is a form of Protestantism.

Regardless of religion you people should know this, it's an important part of Britain's history. The short of it:

Henry VIII wanted his marriage annulled, the Pope refused, so Henry seized the all the church's assets in England, declared himself the head of the Church of England, and got his marriage annulled. The Pope promptly excommunicated him. This was in 1536, IIRC, and the Americas were already being colonized by Europe by this point (at least temporarily). Henry's daughter, Queen Mary I, attempted to restore England to Catholicism, so it wasn't until Elizabeth took the throne in 1558 that England became permanently officially Protestant under the Church of England, with the monarch at its head.

However, not everybody converted overnight, a good chunk of England was still Catholic over the main periods of immigration to the New World, and many of them did come over, thus bringing their Catholic guilt with them. To this day, there's still something like 5 million Catholics in England. Most of them belonging to the Catholic Church of England that was linked to.

Sorry.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 07 Jul 2010, 10:25

Slack Mesa wrote:
Nevrmore wrote:
Slack Mesa wrote:VERY FIRST SENTENCE CLEARLY PROOFREAD SEVERAL EVERY WEEK RECKLESS, HAPHAZARD, AND FRANKLY IRRESPONSIBLE COMEDIANS DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND YES ANY IDEA ME PERSONALLY.

...Oh. I thought if I took out all the non-reddened words this post would form a secret sentence.

Sorry. im bad at secret messages.

YouIcanwdoibetter.llJustdtryoagain.itIt'stokay,oweowon't!bite.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
pokute
First Video: Phailhaüs

Postby pokute » 07 Jul 2010, 14:56

I'm sorry :oops:
alswaiter
First Video: Desert Bus '08

Postby alswaiter » 07 Jul 2010, 15:54

Dicey wrote:Sounds like a valuable skill to learn for traveling to Cananda. Or, as a refresher for Canadians who are getting rusty on their sorries.

What are you talking about? We Canadians never get rusty on our sorries. And even if that ever did happen, we'd have to apologise and say we're sorry.
Jon Lock
First Video: Ways to X2Y

Postby Jon Lock » 08 Jul 2010, 01:16

This must be why I felt so comfortable travelling through Canada. Clearly Britain had grown surly and unable to properly communicate its misplaced guilt. I needed to spend time among a people who truly, truly understood the importance of a big, fat sorry.

Seriously though, what do you guys have to apologise for? Look at you, sitting up there near the Arctic circle. You're kings of the world. Hold your collective head high!

Great video, as always. When James was shouting at Matt I half expected him to break down and start screaming "sorry!" for being so bad at apologising, only for James to continue screaming "Sorry!" at him, not of course, in an apologetic fashion.

Wow. Logic loop.
Jon is the writer and creator of Afterlife Inc., Cuckoos, Orb and 99 Swords. He is also a co-founder of Big Punch Studios.

www.bigpunchstudios.com
@jonlockcomics
alswaiter
First Video: Desert Bus '08

Postby alswaiter » 08 Jul 2010, 10:26

Jon Lock wrote:Great video, as always. When James was shouting at Matt I half expected him to break down and start screaming "sorry!" for being so bad at apologising, only for James to continue screaming "Sorry!" at him, not of course, in an apologetic fashion.

I expected that too actually. *g*

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”