Ways to Get Yourself Killed in a Horror Movie

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 20 Mar 2006, 06:41

matthewm wrote:To be honest all the "making racial jokes is awesome! I do it all the time" stuff was making me _really_ uncomfortable.

doesnt make me uncomftable, not much does.. oh well, i spose i do have a semi nazi as a friend, he is all for white power and stuff.. i ignore him most of the time when his ranting about his white power stuff..

anyway, why did this have to turn serious? it was a awesome funny video.. i think bill just wanted to wear that mask again.....
DP

Postby DP » 20 Mar 2006, 07:51

It's all about social awareness man, getting the word out, letting people know. It's all about responsible comedy, etc. etc.

The "Ethnic Minority Joke" in the video still stands in good favour of course since it is in mockery of a film industry cliché, and not for any other reason.
ryanvdk

Postby ryanvdk » 20 Mar 2006, 09:39

Last edited by ryanvdk on 05 May 2017, 05:46, edited 2 times in total.
matthewm
First Video: Sometthing from years ago.

Postby matthewm » 21 Mar 2006, 06:32

dark_realm wrote: i spose i do have a semi nazi as a friend, he is all for white power and stuff.. i ignore him most of the time when his ranting about his white power stuff..

See I couldn't do that. I'm not a violent person and I want to beat up people like that. Idiots.
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 21 Mar 2006, 09:53

matthewm wrote:
dark_realm wrote: i spose i do have a semi nazi as a friend, he is all for white power and stuff.. i ignore him most of the time when his ranting about his white power stuff..

See I couldn't do that. I'm not a violent person and I want to beat up people like that. Idiots.

what about "freedom off speech" are you a enemy of freedom? people can saying anything around me, it wont offend me, i allow people to have veiws.. weather i think it is right or wrong does not matter, i cannot and will not change them. Everyone is entiled to a opinion, and no one should change someone else because it is "wrong".. just my veiw on the matter.... and btw, he isnt a idiot, one of the smartest people i know....
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 21 Mar 2006, 09:58

dark_realm wrote:are you a enemy of freedom?

Bush? Haha. Sorry.

Okay everybody, don't make me split this topic into a debate thread. Let's keep everything reasonable, aight?

Can't we all just agree that the black guy always dies in horror films?

Exceptions:
Deep Blue Sea (They had two black guys, and killed one)
Alien Vs. Predator (The black girl lived, but the Irish, the other Black dude, and the Mexican all bought it)
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 21 Mar 2006, 10:27

Graham wrote:
dark_realm wrote:are you a enemy of freedom?

Can't we all just agree that the black guy always dies in horror films?

yes, yes we can..
DP

Postby DP » 21 Mar 2006, 14:23

Graham wrote:Alien Vs. Predator (The black girl lived, but the Irish, the other Black dude, and the Mexican all bought it)

Man, the Irish will never live down having that potato famine, will they?
ryanvdk

Postby ryanvdk » 21 Mar 2006, 14:28

Last edited by ryanvdk on 05 May 2017, 05:45, edited 1 time in total.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 21 Mar 2006, 14:46

I have GOT to see that movie!
matthewm
First Video: Sometthing from years ago.

Postby matthewm » 22 Mar 2006, 00:35

dark_realm wrote:what about "freedom off speech" are you a enemy of freedom? people can saying anything around me, it wont offend me, i allow people to have veiws.. weather i think it is right or wrong does not matter, i cannot and will not change them. Everyone is entiled to a opinion, and no one should change someone else because it is "wrong".. just my veiw on the matter.... and btw, he isnt a idiot, one of the smartest people i know....

Note that I didn't say I did beat them up, just that I wanted to. And I'm not going to be friends with them, guilty by association.
And he is an idiot if he believes white power stuff.

Graham: Yeah,the black guy always dies.
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 22 Mar 2006, 04:58

matthewm wrote:Note that I didn't say I did beat them up, just that I wanted to. And I'm not going to be friends with them, guilty by association.
And he is an idiot if he believes white power stuff.

that is one of the most narrow minded things i have ever heard..... i am not going to continue this...
Rhynome
First Video: Folklore

Postby Rhynome » 22 Mar 2006, 14:20

Can I just state my justification for this, considering it's pretty much my fault all this started?

I don't care [greatly] what people say, I have a problem with the intention behind it. If I'm joking with someone that knows it's a joke, can take it and will joke back then sure. I won't say it infront of other people who don't know for fear of offending them, maybe a passing comment with a friend but not a large statement. It's about the intention; I was in a restaurant and someone said 'Look on the bright side, at least he's not Black.' He said it loudly, obnoxiously and obviously without any regard as to who was in the restaurant, none of our party was black but it was still offensive. It was offensive because it was obvious he wasn't joking.

I do care to an extent what people say, but I'm trying to get rid of that, I still have a barrier it's just alot more lax than other people's it seems. I'm all up for a liberal view on ethnicity, but not liberal just as in positive discrimination and no discrimination but liberal as in 'say what you want as long as you don't mean any harm.' What I really care about is how they mean it, and that is something that can be identified. Though often it's just so much better to avoid conflict than fuel it, you're not going to change their mind just ignore them, lie low, hope they shut up. Also bear in mind that when people are drunk they say things they would usually realise they shouldn't, even if they are their views, or things that they don't really mean at all. Often they say them a bit too loudly; I often [always] try to say it quietly when others are present.
Last edited by Rhynome on 22 Mar 2006, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Mar 2006, 14:27

I also thought Morgan's reaction to seeing Bill through the peephole was funny.
Anyone else?
Rhynome
First Video: Folklore

Postby Rhynome » 22 Mar 2006, 15:07

It was more Bill waving all happy and friendly through the keyhole that I liked. It was just... off the wall, and as someone has said before that's the sort of thing you guys are good at.
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 22 Mar 2006, 17:15

Graham wrote:I also thought Morgan's reaction to seeing Bill through the peephole was funny.
Anyone else?

it was well edited this film, it looked like bil actualy did try to stab people, and not a fake stab.. was well acted/edited.. well done G... now where are my carrots.....
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Mar 2006, 17:34

dark_realm wrote:now where are my carrots.....

Haha... touché.

Actually, Bill was making me kind of nervous as he came fairly close to doing Morgan some serioius damage with that thing on a couple of takes.
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 23 Mar 2006, 02:53

Graham wrote:
dark_realm wrote:now where are my carrots.....

Haha... touché.

Actually, Bill was making me kind of nervous as he came fairly close to doing Morgan some serioius damage with that thing on a couple of takes.

that would of been cool, and not at the same time.. but hey, at least it would of made for a realistic affect if it happened!
Johnny_Lunchbox

Postby Johnny_Lunchbox » 23 Mar 2006, 20:46

Uberlate posting.

Great job. Yes, Morgan's, 'M'eh, what the hey' and Bill's 'happy-wave with one arm, hacky-slashy with the other' were both genius.

The hilight of the piece was the "Don't say any of these things" section.

Hell, it was all good.
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 23 Mar 2006, 23:12

Lissette Arevalo wrote: I like that my friends feel comfortable enough with me to make fun of my race, I know that sounds weird. .

Heh... my friend Dovik just called me to tell me he's taking up Jew Jutsu. He's a special sort, same kind of thing. I don't know if anyone but myself and my friends down here would get away with calling him "Jewbacca" (he's very big and hairy), but he's all good for it. I agree - everyone would be happier if we lightened up about it.

Everyone has ridonculous ties to the past and their ethnic groups. I'm Irish - I've no problem being called a saucy mick. I AM a saucy mick.
All hail the great deku tree!
Twitter
Flickr
Dark_Thoughts

Postby Dark_Thoughts » 26 Mar 2006, 20:09

lol oh wow the special effects are awesome! the blood looks so real!
"HELP ME!"
"wow morgan bill how did oyu guys come up with that?....MOgan? Hey? where'd bill go?"
RAamanda

my first LRR experience...

Postby RAamanda » 09 Apr 2006, 12:53

Hey Canadians! This is Amanda from your friends in the US, Random Acts Productions. (Paul...I met you...just a refresher, I'm one of the chicks from our film "Sick Day" where you were a guest that gave us drugs? Remember? Or, if it helps, I'm the chick on the "Philanthropists" teaser on the RA home page right now. Rock on.)
Just wanted to let you know that this film was my first ever Loading Ready Run experience, and that I thoroughly enjoyed it, it was a lot of fun. Nice job! The shot that followed the butcher knife throughout the house was cool.
Also, just out of curiousity, exactly how tall is the dude that played Mr. Tiddlywinks? Because, holy shit! Tall.

Thanks for the entertainment~Amanda :wink:
JesterJ.

Re: my first LRR experience...

Postby JesterJ. » 09 Apr 2006, 18:54

RAamanda wrote:Hey Canadians! This is Amanda from your friends in the US, Random Acts Productions. (Paul...I met you...just a refresher, I'm one of the chicks from our film "Sick Day" where you were a guest that gave us drugs? Remember? Or, if it helps, I'm the chick on the "Philanthropists" teaser on the RA home page right now. Rock on.)
Just wanted to let you know that this film was my first ever Loading Ready Run experience, and that I thoroughly enjoyed it, it was a lot of fun. Nice job! The shot that followed the butcher knife throughout the house was cool.
Also, just out of curiousity, exactly how tall is the dude that played Mr. Tiddlywinks? Because, holy shit! Tall.

Thanks for the entertainment~Amanda :wink:

Like, 7 foot or something :o. They're all giants! I thought Graham was something like 5'10" ish, morgan was abotu the same, paul was a little shorter, and Bill (Tiddlywinks) was like, 6'4" or something....But they're TALL!
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 09 Apr 2006, 19:23

I'm 6'4", Morgan's about that height too.
Bill is 6'10" and is a huge bastard.
Under13

Postby Under13 » 10 Apr 2006, 07:17

Graham wrote:Bill is ... a huge bastard.

Context--

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”