Snakes on the Brain

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Graham
Super Moderator

Snakes on the Brain

Postby Graham » 24 Mar 2006, 18:42

Sam Jackson has said that they were going to change the title of the movie, but he insisted it stay "Snakes on a Plane" as the title was the whole reason he signed on.

Huge apologies for the shitty sound, we didn't get the room we wanted.

We'll be posting the full JPGs of all those posters later, so you can experience them in full.

Kathleen and I thought this up at 4am one morning, and I'm pretty sure it's still funny. You?

-G
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 24 Mar 2006, 18:57

Pirate hat snake for the win!
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
HMNSHLD
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby HMNSHLD » 24 Mar 2006, 19:22

Gah way to over do it. jeez. :wink:
Im sure Sam L. would star in each one of those. cept maybe Snakes on a Dingy. Thats just not very Sam "muthfuckin" Jackson.

I cant wait for this movie. So I made some posters. Ill just post the first one here. The rest are in my Flickr account.
http://static.flickr.com/40/110173044_1bbe30c2e1.jpg?v=0
Fatsobob

Postby Fatsobob » 24 Mar 2006, 19:36

"Snakes on the motha fukin plane!" - Sam Jackson.
I would love to see snakes on fire :)
YamaroV2

Postby YamaroV2 » 24 Mar 2006, 19:48

Graham, come on. As freaking awesome as that was... And since you guys are TOTAL nerds... You forgot the one "Snakes" movie that could land you guys an emmy.

SNAKES REVENGE.
No longer your barrel-rolling monkey.
sofaeater

Postby sofaeater » 24 Mar 2006, 20:40

I loved the idea, and the punchline, but the build-up could have been more eventful. it got a little repetitive. Otherwise, good job!
"No snowflake ever falls in the wrong place."
-Tao Te Ching
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 24 Mar 2006, 21:55

me and a friend have been following snakes on a plane for about 6 months, and we are really excited about it.. not many movies get a cult following before they come out.... but yeh.. great idea peoples!

http://www.tagworld.com/snakesonaplane - this is a trailer of the movie but it runs really bad on my computer..so warning dail up people...

also it was a bit harsh for fred to get fired...
DP

Postby DP » 24 Mar 2006, 22:09

Ah yes, the ol' B110b, what memories I have of that room...

The way Paul took rejection was my favourite part, and you'd think the large crack in the wall of that room came from his walking into it crown-first, but that would not be the case.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 24 Mar 2006, 23:33

DP wrote:and you'd think the large crack in the wall of that room came from his walking into it crown-first, but that would not be the case.

Do you know why that huge hole is there? Cause it was pissing me off.
umbrellaless

Postby umbrellaless » 25 Mar 2006, 00:12

The grammarian in me would just like to point out:

A DINGHY is a small, oar-propelled, often inflatable boat.

DINGY is an adjective, meaning dismal, gloomy, filthy, etc...often used to describe the living quarters of penny whores and university students.

That is all.
"When you do not speak, other people presume you to be deaf or feeble-minded and promptly make a show of their own limitations"
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 25 Mar 2006, 01:41

DONT RUIN THE MAGIC!!!! :P
Discomonkey

Postby Discomonkey » 25 Mar 2006, 07:20

Now i'm even more excited about this movie.

"We got snakes on the muthafuckin' plane."
DP

Postby DP » 25 Mar 2006, 08:22

Graham wrote:Do you know why that huge hole is there? Cause it was pissing me off.

Graham, I can tell you truly, it wasn't me. Beyond that, I am sworn to secrecy.

Why did it bug you? Just cause you didn't want it in any shots? Because its an eyesore? Because your sweet student dollars went into creating that wall, and possibly into fixing it?
ryanvdk

Postby ryanvdk » 25 Mar 2006, 10:31

Last edited by ryanvdk on 05 May 2017, 05:45, edited 1 time in total.
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 25 Mar 2006, 10:33

its all good ryan...
CaPpY wrote:dark_realm really is a jerk....
HMNSHLD
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby HMNSHLD » 25 Mar 2006, 11:23

Oh Graham I told the blog for all SoaP news, Snakes on a Blog about this vid. I hope this isnt a problem. It should bring some more viewers.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 25 Mar 2006, 11:25

DP wrote:Why did it bug you?

Cause it meant all our ridiculous dialogue was easily heard out in the main lounge.
Rhynome
First Video: Folklore

Postby Rhynome » 25 Mar 2006, 12:12

Sooooo echo-y. I loved it, just the echo annoyed me quite much.

T-shirt, I want T-shirt, get for me T-shirt!

Some of them were great 'snakes on an ultralight' and a smaller boat for example. Loved muchly the extent to which Paul was bending over at the end, dunno why, I just liked.
elchoaro

Postby elchoaro » 25 Mar 2006, 12:38

Fatsobob wrote:"Snakes on the motha fukin plane!" - Sam Jackson.
I would love to see snakes on fire :)

Hey man, just out of curiosity, what street fighter game does your avatar come from?

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Highlights were the "thrillogy" and the rapid fire of ideas at the end.
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 25 Mar 2006, 18:03

Has Paul gotten a haircut?
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 25 Mar 2006, 18:03

HMNSHLD wrote:Gah way to over do it. jeez. :wink:
Im sure Sam L. would star in each one of those. cept maybe Snakes on a Dingy. Thats just not very Sam "muthfuckin" Jackson.

I cant wait for this movie. So I made some posters. Ill just post the first one here. The rest are in my Flickr account.
http://static.flickr.com/40/110173044_1bbe30c2e1.jpg?v=0

You made that? Very nice.

I loved this one, only got around to watching it now, but it was top notch...There's no way in hell I'm seeing that movie, I'd laugh too hard "SNAKES ON A PLANE!" OH NOES!...*cries at the fact that Hollywood can't come up with good names anymore...*

Anyways, the best ideas were the ones Graham had at the end, plus the "Snakes in the Streets" bit. I loved the "It's Hard out Here for a Snake", that made me crack up.

Great job, guys! :D
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 25 Mar 2006, 23:09

HMNSHLD wrote:Oh Graham I told the blog for all SoaP news, $Snakes on a Blog about this vid. I hope this isnt a problem. It should bring some more viewers.

we're all about teh linkage. much appreciated.

[edit] that quote somehow got fuxxored... i think i fixed it
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Postby Paul » 26 Mar 2006, 00:37

AmazingPjotrMan wrote:Has Paul gotten a haircut?

Yes, I got a haircut. Thanks for noticing. Jimmy's Barbershop downtown if anyone cares.
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 26 Mar 2006, 14:41

When it comes to hair, I can spot it.
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
Dark_Thoughts

Postby Dark_Thoughts » 26 Mar 2006, 20:02

OMG!! I love that vid. But the sad thing is when the movie your spoofing looks funnier than the spoof... I'm going to see the movie but not cuz its gonna be scary or thrilery but because its so god damn funny!! I mena whats the least scary idea for any movie -- aside form fog? Snakes....on a plane. LOL! If i saw a snake on a plane sure id be all like "AH! WTF? WHAT NOOB BROUGHT THIS ON T3H PLANE?" , then the attendant would say "Hey, dont yell in ma plane foo!" "then sam jackson would drop from the ceiling and say "HEY MUTHAFUCKA!!!!! WHY ARENT YOU RUNNING AND SCREAMING?" and id be all like "Its not that scary just surprising" then hed be all like "HEY! you betta run!" Then id be all like "Hey! i dont care if you are muthafuckin Sam JAckson, I dont get scred unnless im scared!" then hed say "Hey you want me to make you scared?" then some gay guy down the aisle would say "HEY! Stop fighting Im trying to figure out whos cheating on janine with Mathew in this movie! cant you just watch the movie?" then Sam Jackson would say "And pay 20 muthafuckin dollars for a pair of headphones im only going to use once? FUck no!" then id say hey whered the snake go?" then Sam would yell "UP your ass!" then someone would be getting strangled by the snake and ssay "ITs over here assholes! damn this snake is weak!" then hed pry it off his neck and throw it. Then Sam jackson would yell "Strap yourselves in! Im going to open some windows!" Ten id yell "The mythbusters disproved explosive decompression so that wouldnt work, not to mention you cant open the windows on a plane." then SJ would say "I can open windows on a plane because im Sam Jackson Muthafucka!" then CHUCK NORRIS wou;d walk up and be all like "Hey, Sam, did i tell you you could come on this plane, Bitch?" THen Sam ould say "no, but i enver saw you! Hey Tyrel come hlep me kill chuck norris!" then id say no one can kill chuck norris but chuck norris" then sam would say "YEAH? well im muthafucking Sam Jackson! ANd Tyrll Jones is a god!" Then Chuck norris says "Unbeknonst to Samuel Jackson, Chuck norris can change his skin colour and race at will" Then sam would say "Oh shit Muthafucka" Then Chuck would morph into tyrell jones and roundhouse kick sam jacksons head. His head would go through the roof and into space, and Earth would have two moons. and when both moons are full you can hear "Oh hsit mothafucka" on the wind. THATS how funny this movie's gonna be. wow long post hope the swearing isnt a probl;em if it is just tell me and ill edit it to be more timid or oyu could do it yourselves since you are gods (but dont let Chuck Norris find out he might make more moons)

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”