Santa and Me

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
andy25100
First Video: can't remember

Re: Santa and Me

Postby andy25100 » 19 Dec 2011, 14:16

A technographic wonder sleigh you say, i'll take twelve.
Is feeling terribly happy, in england
Excelle

Postby Excelle » 19 Dec 2011, 14:24

Graham Stark and the Fun Lovin' Crimbles.

That was really quite epic.
Indie, retro and other games being played on my Youtube channel Pixels At Dawn!
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 19 Dec 2011, 15:03

Kathleen was super cute. And that was just overall awesome.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 19 Dec 2011, 15:39

That was 4 minutes 17 seconds of pure christmas awesome :D

And that was a great stinger advert. How many tries did it take you to get that one out? :D
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Ahlir
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Ahlir » 19 Dec 2011, 15:59

I worked out what people thought was "wrong" with Kathleen as a rapstars girlfriend. Her dancing wasn't slutty enough. Not that I actually found anything wrong with that... Just an observation.

I enjoyed this video... but since I'm a natural Grinch or Scrooge it wasn't one of my fave. Still at least I didn't hate it so that has to be a plus.
* Disclaimer: The person writing this has no idea what she is talking about.*

Image ImageImage
WAYF
First Video: Unskippable: The Getaway

Postby WAYF » 19 Dec 2011, 16:06

1) That's it. I give up. I quit. I hang up the fancy uniform I made for myself, and I'm out the door.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to try and catalogue my favourites for every kind of video when you keep producing stuff that's this good?
I can't do it. I was going to eventually make a list of all my favourite LRR videos, overall and by category, but how can I possibly do it now?

2) I don't know why, but Kathleen's dancing really helped make the video.

3) Bradley Rains and Lee Lee Scaldaferri actually make an awesome combination. A REALLY awesome combination.

4) Misc. favourite moments: The brass "Joy to the World" intro; rhyming "miss this" with "Christmas"; everything about "C'mon, I'm Canadian, we thrive on the cold"; Rudolph hitting puberty; My favourite line of the entire song: "Nobody wants normal toys anymore/ It's all-" "Is this an iPhone 5? SCORE!"; "Consumer Electronics and I saved Christmas"; "We really should script these", although if not scripting them brings us joys like the t-shirt ad from before "Ways to Survive the Recession", I'm completely in favour of not scripting them.

Sometimes it takes me a lot of words to really describe just how much I love a LoadingReadyRun video.
"My favourite song is 'Girl Panic!'... because girls make me panic... in a good way!"
- Simon Le Bon.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 19 Dec 2011, 16:47

Graham wrote:This was just me, being me.

64K is not over... in fact, we have plans...

It would hardly be unprecedented for the front-man of a rap group to explore a solo career while still being involved with his main project. I choose to believe it's a G☆ solo gig that he's decided to use to 'keep his hand in' while Ice Tray/Killahbyte and JP are busy with their social projects and studies.

Also:

Dear Kathleen.

Well, rawr.

Cheers,
JackSlack.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 19 Dec 2011, 17:39

The Jester wrote:
Kathleen wrote:
Lord Hosk wrote:There is something about arm candy kathleen that I just found odd I couldnt put my finger on it. The song was great though, good job.

I'm a "rap guy's girlfriend" - all the videos have them, so I suggested I do it to make it a better parody.

You looked a little too classy to be a "rap guy's girlfriend", but you certainly looked good. :)

I think that might have been it, you just dont look like "some dumb ho" there is too much intelligence in your eyes and as jester said too classy. You have been typecast as not dumb Kathleen.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 19 Dec 2011, 18:06

ZOMG ZOMG! Graham's wearing my scarf! Or, er, his scarf! The scarf I made him!

That is so cool. SO unbelievably cool. Thanks, Graham. Today was a really rough day, I've been really stressed out (got an exam on Wednesday and I have to write a 20-page journal article on my research that I'm first author on by the end of the week, augh!) and seeing the video and then you wearing the scarf I made for you made me smile and feel a lot better. I know it's silly, but thanks.
Psyclone
First Video: Christmas Carolling on Halloween

Postby Psyclone » 19 Dec 2011, 18:25

Cartoon Graham is... strangely attractive. I don't know how to feel about that.

Not that normal Graham isn't attractive as well.

I really enjoyed the video and I will definitely be purchasing the song as a christmas present to myself.
They/them/their pronouns

twitch: armadillorampant
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 19 Dec 2011, 18:28

That was very incredibly awesome. On Christmas Eve I shall watch for the glow of LCD screens across the sky.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 19 Dec 2011, 19:57

Not my kind of music, so I watched a third, than switched to the credits to check if Paul appeared :P And since he didn't I just turned it off.
But I liked the drawings and it was cool that the think around Graham's neck said "Noël" although I'm not quite sure why it didn't say "Christmas". I guess that's too long a word?

Looks like there is a funny there if I am to believe the drawings, so I'll probably try and figure out the lyrics at some point.
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
Flewellyn

Postby Flewellyn » 19 Dec 2011, 21:22

Kathleen wrote:
Lord Hosk wrote:There is something about arm candy kathleen that I just found odd I couldnt put my finger on it. The song was great though, good job.

I'm a "rap guy's girlfriend" - all the videos have them, so I suggested I do it to make it a better parody.

But, you know, who understands those rap guys, anyway?
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 19 Dec 2011, 21:36

Flewellyn wrote:
Kathleen wrote:I'm a "rap guy's girlfriend" - all the videos have them, so I suggested I do it to make it a better parody.

I feel uncomfortable suggesting that Kathleen looks like a total prostitute.
Slack Mesa
First Video: Green

Postby Slack Mesa » 19 Dec 2011, 22:01

I remembered from one of the podcasts that Kathleen had vowed never to illustrate a video again, so I was perplexed. Then came the credits, and all was explained: LeeLee did the artwork. Well done, LeeLee, the illustrations were the highlight of this episode!
Slack Mesa
First Video: Green

Postby Slack Mesa » 19 Dec 2011, 22:17

I think I know why it's incongruous. The song really captured the sound of an old-school rap group doing a novelty holiday single (including the awkward lyrical flow). The "rap guy's girlfriend" wasn't such a common sighting in that era; rap videos back then were more about silliness than spectacle.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 19 Dec 2011, 22:32

Slack Mesa wrote:
I think I know why it's incongruous. The song really captured the sound of an old-school rap group doing a novelty holiday single (including the awkward lyrical flow). The "rap guy's girlfriend" wasn't such a common sighting in that era; rap videos back then were more about silliness than spectacle.
I don't think "old-school rap group" means the same thing to you as it does to me.
How old are you, perchance?
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 19 Dec 2011, 23:18

Awesome video, Awesome song, Awesome drawings, now all thats left is for all to have a Awesome Christmas. Hope everyone around here has one.
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

DancingFox
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby DancingFox » 20 Dec 2011, 00:09

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Loved it, incredibly well written, hilarious, and musically awesome. I especially love when the saxophone really kicks in at the end. And the drawings were great. And Kathleen looked fantastic. One of my favorites in quite some time, although it's not an easy competition, a lot of your recent stuff has been excellent.
Tales from the Menagerie! New fiction magazine looking for submissions of all sorts!
http://www.talesfromthemenagerie.com/
Cybertrash
First Video: Bros Clubbing Bros

Postby Cybertrash » 20 Dec 2011, 00:22

Graham wrote:
Slack Mesa wrote:
I don't think "old-school rap group" means the same thing to you as it does to me.
How old are you, perchance?

"Old school rap" to me is stuff like Sugarhill Gang, Kurtis Blow etc. Back when hip hop basically was someone rapping over a funky/disco breakdown.

Like this (quite awful, complete with awkward flow and weird rhymes) 'Christmas Rap' for example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xUFnGWWtoQ
Dared00
First Video: The Phone Manner

Postby Dared00 » 20 Dec 2011, 06:45

This was awesome and all, but... why can't we buy orest of your songs? Or at least Tucson or Bust?
chif-ii
First Video: Every OS sucks

Postby chif-ii » 20 Dec 2011, 07:23

Trixy wrote:I worked out what people thought was "wrong" with Kathleen as a rapstars girlfriend. Her dancing wasn't slutty enough. Not that I actually found anything wrong with that... Just an observation.

Well, I mean I wasn't going to say it like THAT, but now that you mention it...

This is an awesome video. Luv it.
ImageImage
Flewellyn

Postby Flewellyn » 20 Dec 2011, 07:46

Duckay wrote:
Flewellyn wrote:
Kathleen wrote:I'm a "rap guy's girlfriend" - all the videos have them, so I suggested I do it to make it a better parody.

I feel uncomfortable suggesting that Kathleen looks like a total prostitute.

Certainly not. Just saw "rap guy's girlfriend" and felt the need to play along.
Big Phil
First Video: Unskippable: Onimusha 3

Postby Big Phil » 20 Dec 2011, 10:12

Kathleen is simply gorgeous in that attire. Graham is awesome as always. The lyrics are great. All in all, a wonderful video for a wonderful song. You guys just keep providing tons of concentrated awesomeness on a daily basis.
There is no limit.
Flewellyn

Postby Flewellyn » 20 Dec 2011, 11:05

Big Phil wrote:Kathleen is simply gorgeous in that attire.

So that's where the gorgeous went when it left Paul!

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”