Normal Activity

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
ad134

Re: Normal Activity

Postby ad134 » 22 Oct 2012, 13:52

I enjoyed the surrealist elements of the video. Killing the underwear was highly amusing in particular, and the comedic timing (from all 3) was spot on.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 22 Oct 2012, 14:44

AdmiralMemo wrote:
AlexanderDitto wrote:
AdmiralMemo wrote:Also, Kate IS hot. Fact. :D
Yes. LoadingReadyRun is made up entirely of gorgeous people. Every single one of them is beautiful. We know this. It is well established.

But it's disrespectful and creepy and rude that it seems that any time the female crew members are on-screen and AREN'T wearing a horrendous wig, there's always a torrent of comments lusting after their appearance. It's not just the Escapist. It's on the Penny Arcade forums too in the Checkpoint threads. You would never do that in real life, and if you did, it would be sexual harassment. I want to kick all their butts until they knock it off. It's too bad I'm not a moderator on there because I would do it. I would set fire to the rain. And by rain I mean creeps. :evil:
1. I hope you caught that I was using Kate's tagline from Feed Dump to describe her as a bit of a joke. :D

2. You don't have to tell me. (Not sure if you're actually telling me or just being general.) I was the first one to jump on the thread to warn Kathleen regarding this incident in CheckPoint.

No, I know you know. I'm just angry at Checkpoint thread people and basically the entire internet. Arglbargl.

Jer wrote:Good thing nobody told them Graham was shirtless under the sheet. Mega sexy times.

Hottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Postby Foxmar » 22 Oct 2012, 14:46

I liked that it was a ghost wearing a sheet that looked like allot of kids Halloween costumes. But the explanation as to why the ghost was wearing a sheet made me laugh allot and like everyone else has said Jer killing the underwear was really funny. The stinger was real good as well.

Jer wrote:Good thing nobody told them Graham was shirtless under the sheet. Mega sexy times.

Now you have to do a video making fun of people who post about Kate and Kathleen with a video of any of the LRR guys for them to reply to. Not sure what you could do that hasn't already been done, but half the fun for me would be reading the replies to it.
MinniChi
First Video: Your Very Own Prom

Postby MinniChi » 22 Oct 2012, 14:55

Thank you LRR for getting my son to eat his supper.
I would have to say my favorite part was Jer stabbing the underwear.
In my son's words:
"Graham gone! Where's Graham? Oh no Graham!"

I think he was saddened by the 'ghost' disappearing. But good video as is the norm.
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 22 Oct 2012, 15:36

Foxmar wrote:Now you have to do a video making fun of people who post about Kate and Kathleen with a video of any of the LRR guys for them to reply to. Not sure what you could do that hasn't already been done, but half the fun for me would be reading the replies to it.
That could be (at least an element of) an episode of Hustle. Maybe they'll put that in now.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Foxmar

Postby Foxmar » 22 Oct 2012, 15:39

That's kind of what I was thinking, although I have no idea what they could do. They have plenty of other ideas I'm sure but trolling people who keep making the comments about the girls all the time could be fun.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 22 Oct 2012, 16:02

Kathleen wrote:
This is so true! And its not like Kate and I mind getting compliments like "you look really nice in this week's video" or "wow, you have lost weight and you look really nice" -- those are perfectly acceptable things to say to people in real life and on the internet. But stuff like "MIDRIFF!" and "DEM HIPS, DROOL DROOL" crosses the line.

I had to go back to the checkpoint thread to make sure of what I said because I remember posting it and thinking "I hope she doesnt take this the wrong way, maybe I shouldn't. Would I say this to someone in person? yeah I probably would."
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 22 Oct 2012, 16:05

JayBlanc wrote:Can we also assume he was still wearing the corset?

From now until PAX east, in my mind Graham will be wearing that. He will be taking it off only because he will be worried about crossing a international boarder while wearing it.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Foxmar

Postby Foxmar » 22 Oct 2012, 16:09

Lord Hosk wrote:
JayBlanc wrote:Can we also assume he was still wearing the corset?

From now until PAX east, in my mind Graham will be wearing that. He will be taking it off only because he will be worried about crossing a international boarder while wearing it.

I think from now till the end of time we will just assume he only takes it off to shower. It's just a thing now, like James as the cop and Paul as the dead body, Graham will wear the corset thing.
ex-Lurker
First Video: 'Skeeterpellant

Postby ex-Lurker » 22 Oct 2012, 16:27

Anyone donating for Graham to wear the corset thing throughout Desert Bus? I would be happy to chip in.
Totally accurate, except for all the times I'm not.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 22 Oct 2012, 16:27

Oh, I think that's pretty much guaranteed at this point.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Foxmar

Postby Foxmar » 22 Oct 2012, 16:29

I can't donate much but I will donate at least $5 to that.
pariah164
First Video: commodoreHustle episode 1

Postby pariah164 » 22 Oct 2012, 16:34

First DB challenge: Graham in a corset while driving the bus.
Glory to LRRstotzka!

The wrestling will continue until morale improves.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Project Diva X - Atelier Rorona - Fire Emblem Fates

CURRENTLY CRAFTING: Rainbow Loom dreamcatchers, OSU scarf
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 22 Oct 2012, 17:19

This was really well written and expertly acted! Brilliant execution all around... especially of the underwear.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
concupiscentcrustacean
First Video: black box

Postby concupiscentcrustacean » 22 Oct 2012, 18:41

I really loved every character in this. I was hoping for a beetlejuice stinger though.

Foxmar wrote:
I agree with AlexanderDitto, if you ran into Kate or any other woman you saw online you wouldn't go "OMG you were so hot in that tank top!" People just don't do that in real life, so why is it ok to do it online? Because its not face to face doesn't make it any less disrespectful.

Pretty sure people DO say things like that in real life. Fairly often. It's really gross.
"I studied the ancient art of Origami gun making, and i've folded a pistol out of purest prose. This is an Origami 45. The most powerful poetry in the world."
CaptainSpam
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby CaptainSpam » 22 Oct 2012, 19:33

Me: "Boomsmith"! Ha HA! That's funny! It sort of reminds me of... ZOMG WAIT
(goes off to check website)
Me: Aw. Still no Homestar Runner updates. :-(

The part where Jer is just stabbing a pair of underwear with a more annoyed expression, rather than, say, a confused or mystified expression, was classic. Where it was more like a chore than a mystical paranormal event.

Of course, it does make me wonder what the difference is between a live pair of underwear and a dead one. I mean, not just the elastic dying...
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 22 Oct 2012, 23:32

Great video - felt like a proper "old-school" LRR sketch :D

Also hi Jer!
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 23 Oct 2012, 13:17

1. Thank you for cheering up a sick man with a hilarious video. :)

2. Remember the halcyon salad days of when the Kate 'Starker' Club consisted of just LAVOS? And at least he was funny? *wistful sigh*

3. Alex" - I see people behave like that to complete strangers in real life; not all the time, and they almost always get put in their place, but this boorish, maybe even well-intentioned but still crass behaviour is NOT LIMITED TO THE INTERNET. :(

4. cH of the ladies dealing with this unwelcome element is a brilliant idea - I'm sure the creative skill of LRR (and friends) can make it funny and productive and meanignfull!

5. Yay JER! Great non-plussed 'normal bystander thrust into unusual circumstances'.

6. Graham plays 'aggrieved, frustrated and set upon' fantastically, be it mortal or undead. :)

7. Kate's delivery was just right; lotta great work but the winner is "I'm gonna leave you boys to this." ^_^

8. stinger - nothing else needs to be said.

9. the actual objective entertainment levle of the video might be different than my fevered perception, but who gives a fuck, for whatever reason i found it immensely funny! :D

Thanks again.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 23 Oct 2012, 14:52

I just thought of what I'd do in the situation at the end. I'd do the same thing as if there was a bad stain on the carpet that I couldn't get out: just move the furniture to cover it up. :D

AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 23 Oct 2012, 16:09

empath wrote:3. Alex" - I see people behave like that to complete strangers in real life; not all the time, and they almost always get put in their place, but this boorish, maybe even well-intentioned but still crass behaviour is NOT LIMITED TO THE INTERNET. :(

Oh yes, in my blind seething rage I made the very incorrect statement that this sort of thing never happens in real life. I'm well aware of the harassment that women are subjected to every day. It's disgusting and it's creepy and it makes me want to set the world on fire.

I will use the return of Sozin's comet to raze all the creeps to the ground.
Foxmar

Postby Foxmar » 23 Oct 2012, 16:12

AlexanderDitto wrote:
empath wrote:3. Alex" - I see people behave like that to complete strangers in real life; not all the time, and they almost always get put in their place, but this boorish, maybe even well-intentioned but still crass behaviour is NOT LIMITED TO THE INTERNET. :(

Oh yes, in my blind seething rage I made the very incorrect statement that this sort of thing never happens in real life. I'm well aware of the harassment that women are subjected to every day. It's disgusting and it's creepy and it makes me want to set the world on fire.

I will use the return of Sozin's comet to raze all the creeps to the ground.

Let me know if you require assistance in this.
reptile

Postby reptile » 23 Oct 2012, 20:20

AlexanderDitto wrote:Yes. LoadingReadyRun is made up entirely of gorgeous people.

Especially Paul.

AlexanderDitto wrote:But it's disrespectful and creepy and rude that it seems that any time the female crew members are on-screen and AREN'T wearing a horrendous wig, there's always a torrent of comments lusting after their appearance. It's not just the Escapist. It's on the Penny Arcade forums too in the Checkpoint threads. You would never do that in real life, and if you did, it would be sexual harassment.

Agreed; I mostly avoid forums other than the LRR ones, but I (unfortunately) saw the thread (I forget whether it was in the ENN or Checkpoint era, and thus whether it was the Escapist or PA) after Kathleen happened to wear a lower neckline than usual at the news desk. You can probably guess how that went. In any case, don't they know that many members of the LRR crew read the forums?

I agree that there are some creeps who would say such things in real life, but most of the commenters probably wouldn't. Unfortunately, an anonymous text-medium tends to have a certain effect on some people....

I enjoyed the video, by the way--it was well-made and had the usual LRR silliness.
pokute
First Video: Phailhaüs

Postby pokute » 26 Oct 2012, 08:03

Reading this thread almost made me forget how funny this video was. Trying to apply social norms to the internet, seriously?

Also, wouldn't going commando be better than wearing crundies for decades? I mean, he can clearly take it off unlike the sheet.

By the by, excellent video.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 26 Oct 2012, 09:11

Maybe he's also not allowed... Maybe he can't take off something without having a replacement.

Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 26 Oct 2012, 22:53

All the other rules by which he abides are completely arbitrary. So it fits.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”