The 500th Video

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Re: The 500th Video

Postby Foxmar » 21 May 2013, 07:20

I'm curious how did everyone find out about LRR?

I found out about them from Unskippable crossover with Yahtzee a long time ago, but only just within the past year really became a fan.
Id be interested to hear how everyone else found LRR.

Wish I had been around from the start, would have loved to see everything from season 1 to present, but at least I'm hear now.
varmintx
First Video: PSA: Uwe Boll

Postby varmintx » 21 May 2013, 08:14

ex-Lurker wrote:Lrrchives: aging in motion.

Except Kathleen; I'm convinced there's a painting somewhere aging in her stead.
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 21 May 2013, 08:33

varmintx wrote:Except Kathleen; I'm convinced there's a painting somewhere aging in her stead.

I think that they have all aged incredibly well. Personally, I think that everyone looks better now than they did when they first started filming. Obviously they have all made some kind of satanic bargain to age gracefully, but when you're in show business it's totally worth it!

Is there a painting somewhere of Graham and Paul that they swap a beard back and forth on once in a while? That would be awesome!
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 21 May 2013, 10:04

Foxmar wrote:I'm curious how did everyone find out about LRR?

I found out about them from Unskippable crossover with Yahtzee a long time ago, but only just within the past year really became a fan.

Wish I had been around from the start, would have loved to see everything from season 1 to present, but at least I'm hear now.

My first encounter was a link to a clip of w00tstock linked by Mr Wil Wheaton of the crew doing a history of LRR live sketch along with a couple of videos. Then later on I had just bought Duels of the Planeswalkers and I was looking for MTG related videos, coming across "It's Magic". And the rest was history.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 21 May 2013, 10:11

I'm a regular reader of Shamus Young's blog (the guy behind DM of the Rings, and the Escapist's Stolen Pixels and Experienced Points) and he linked to a couple of the early Unskippables. I watched one or two, thought they were alright but didn't really give them that much attention. Then he linked to Secret of the Sauce, and I decided they were worth looking into further. I started following them, then Desert Bus 3 happened a month or two later. By the time it was over, I knew there was no going back. I think I'd caught up on the entire backlog of videos by the end of the year.

(I guess maybe I should update the "first video" section in my profile. I wrote Killer Instinct when I signed up, because it was the most recent video when I started following LRR, even though it wasn't the one that brought me here.)
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 21 May 2013, 10:20

Someone put a Yahtzee review (Brink) up on Facebook, so I watched it. And another one. And then all the Yahtzees. Then I decided I should check out a few other things. So I did Escape to the Movies. Then Extra Credits. Then The Big Picture. Then Unskippable. Thought Unskippable was crap, didn't watch any more (have since started watching it again with a higher opinion). Finished getting through Big Picture (I think) on a Monday, so decided to see what had just updated. Watched that week's LRR. Thought it was OK. Saw next weeks. Thought it was better. Missed a coupla weeks. Then got really bored again, and caught up. Thought it was proper funny, started going through back episodes. And the rest is history...
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
KyrieEleison
First Video: Desert Bus 5

Postby KyrieEleison » 21 May 2013, 10:34

Desert Bus 5. A bunch of tweets about it were filling up my Twitter feed, so I decided to give it a shot. That led to the LRR site and videos, and I've never looked back.
It's not epic unless it's dactylic hexameter.

landofanalie.wordpress.com
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 21 May 2013, 10:36

Weirdly, I watched LRR through two Desert Buses before actually watching it
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
pokute
First Video: Phailhaüs

Postby pokute » 21 May 2013, 10:54

WHY ISN'T there a gratuitous, superfluous costumes-for-costume's sake LRR show?
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 21 May 2013, 10:57

pokute wrote:WHY ISN'T there a gratuitous, superfluous costumes-for-costume's sake LRR show?

...very good question
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 21 May 2013, 11:09

Thats the content of the 4th pod cast, they each get dressed up in a random outfit and read wikipedia pages about celebrities who they think would look good in the outfit they are wearing.

Congradulations on wasting over 24 hours of my life with your delightful content.

I did the quick math and I figure between two desert buses, all the drafts and academy videos, plus all your series not including forum time I have devoted over a week of my life to LRR in the past two years. (softly weeps)
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 21 May 2013, 11:11

Well, how else were you planning to spend that week?
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 21 May 2013, 11:12

I have a idea about how to solve the cancer problem while ending world hunger but I just dont have the time...
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 21 May 2013, 11:14

Installation Anxiety--the original, not the awesome reshoot. Some friends showed it to me, and I ravenously consumed the rest of the archive.

And an obsession was born...
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 21 May 2013, 11:17

My first exposure to them was someone linking to "How to Talk Like a Pirate" on Sept. 19th one year...and I enjoyed the vid, and thought nothing more of it.

Then Penny Arcade mentioned that there were these people who were doing a thing to help raise money for Child's Play...

ImageImageImage
Drecon
First Video: Ransom

Postby Drecon » 21 May 2013, 12:03

I am here because RedNightmare made me. Hardly had a choice in the matter really.
(never regretted a second of it btw)
"if it ain't shiny, rub it on your hiney"
varmintx
First Video: PSA: Uwe Boll

Postby varmintx » 21 May 2013, 12:26

I watched the Uwe Boll PSA and Quantum Documentary about a thousand years ago, but didn't bother to make note that the videos were from a comedy troupe. It wasn't until Unskippable made its way to the Escapist that I really discovered LRR and have subsequently went back and watched most of their videos. I'm a little behind on Checkpoint and the GPLPs, but I should be all caught up by the end of summer.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 21 May 2013, 13:35

Many, many, years ago I was linked to "How to Talk like a Pirate" from a Freelancer community I was a part of soon after it went up, and I completely failed to get that the last line was a joke. By the time I realized that I had already watched Quantum Documentary and Suspend Your Disbelief, and it was too late.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 21 May 2013, 16:48

Lord Hosk wrote:I did the quick math and I figure between two desert buses, all the drafts and academy videos, plus all your series not including forum time I have devoted over a week of my life to LRR in the past two years. (softly weeps)

Only a week between two DBs? Psssh. :p

For me, I learned about LRR from a link to one of their unskippables. I'm not sure which is was, and it's more accurate to say I learned of the Escapist through them. That was pretty early on after they joined the Escapist for their main sketches. I think Installation Anxiety 2010 was my first real LRR update.

But I didn't care that much. It wasn't until finding DB4 on Escapist that I really started paying attention to LRR. I saw the last day or two of DB4, watched the archive, and so forth. Now I'm here.
Lurkon
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Lurkon » 21 May 2013, 18:55

A friend of mine showed me Meat Mushroom when it first came out, and I HAD to make one (it was delicious), and then I had to watch the other Man Cooking episodes. I kept watching weekly updates, and then on my next break I archive binged everything they still had up on the site and never looked back.
Do a Pivot Table!

"Cover me in lube and call me an athlete!" ~ Kathleen De Vere
thatlaurachick
First Video: Unskippable: Devil May Cry

Postby thatlaurachick » 21 May 2013, 19:01

An ex was considering buying Devil May Cry for me, and showed me the Unskippable so I could get an idea of the art style. I laughed so much it led to more Unskippable, then checking out this "LoadingReadyRun.com" thing that showed up in the credits.
I want a Pinkie launcher.
DarkMorford
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby DarkMorford » 21 May 2013, 23:15

Desert Bus 3, but it wasn't until after DB4 that I really started watching the weekly stuff.
http://www.twitter.com/DarkMorford

Vanilla Minecraft Server (1.11.2): minecraft.darkmorford.net
Modded Minecraft Server (DW20 1.10.2): ftb.lrrcraft.com
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 21 May 2013, 23:31

How To Talk Like a Pirate was my first.

As for violence, my favorite will always be Potlid. First of all, Matt did so many takes of that scene (I saw it in the blooper reel for that season's DVD) and one or two takes prior was a nearly perfect glancing blow that would have been perfect, except that there was a car that went through the back of the shot. So they went back, and that's when they got that "THUNNNNNNNNNNG" and the shot.

Here's a bit of trivia that people may not know unless they saw the DVD or anything: Who was the one throwing the Potlid?
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 22 May 2013, 06:26

Desert Bus 1

..I didn't watch it, but found out about it after the fact. I think I started watching properly when someone linked How to Talk Like a Pirate, whereupon I checked out the entire archive over a couple of days, and I've been a regular viewer since. Of all the content LRR puts out, I only ever forego Unskippable occasionally -- it's good, just not my cuppa.
ZePancakes
First Video: Bad News

Postby ZePancakes » 22 May 2013, 06:31

Started on the Escapist, watched Bad News, then watched their ENN vids and thus I became a fan.
Oh-h-h-h SNAP... Concede.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”