Murdercide

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
jaxturtle
First Video: Commodor Hustle Season 1 - Laundry

Re: Murdercide

Postby jaxturtle » 28 Oct 2013, 12:16

I have a very vivid imagination, so the part when James goes off screen and there's just disgusting sound effects had me visualizing the most awful things ever.

As a fan of low budget horror films, this video made my day.
pokute
First Video: Phailhaüs

Postby pokute » 28 Oct 2013, 12:35

The pacing on this was excellent. Build up and punctuations were right on the money. In other words, I laughed my ass off.
derfs
First Video: so long ago i cant remember!

Postby derfs » 28 Oct 2013, 13:04

Loved it! When i heard the 'helloooo' my mind went to Marsha in Spaced, which made it even more funny.

Thankyou LRR!
"Or you can even record something as simple as just 'Going to the store'" Graham - Black Box

he just knew!
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 28 Oct 2013, 13:10

A fantastic mashup of kick-awesome satire and in-jokes. I wish I'd thought to blow up the posters myself, but Nano's breakdown had me grinning.

Favorite callback: Kathleen as Whampire.
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 28 Oct 2013, 16:23

LRR realizes what only a few movie directors and almost no "horror" video game makers realize. Imagination is a great thing and should be exploited, having people imagine what's happening is almost always scarier than actually showing it.

Besides, if LRR actually showed some kind of REAL horrific thing? Man, that would be just about the biggest change of tone ever.

Also, man, that logo? Where has that been forever? That thing is EPIC!

I don't really like real horror movies, but I would watch one this bad just to laugh at it. Plus I do love the Call of Dutyesque "Thing IV: Thing II" The only thing we need now is triple recursion.

Great video!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 28 Oct 2013, 16:39

You want colon cancer titles, look no further than "Star Wars: Dark Forces IV: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Academy"!

(Strictly speaking, it's title was "Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy", but was a semi-sequel to "Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast", which was in turn preceded by "Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II", and the original "Star Wars: Dark Forces". That said, those were all great games.)
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 28 Oct 2013, 17:15

Dang, ninja'd by only a half-hour. :lol:

Yeah, Lucasarts seemed to take deliberate effort both stave off 'colon cancer titles' AND actually any THIRD title in the series (before VAVLe started doing it).

But I concur about the 'LRR slasher production company logo/splash screen' - unless you come up with something even better, I think the world would be a very content place if you used that each year for your Halloween special.

...oh, wait. ;)
WAYF
First Video: Unskippable: The Getaway

Postby WAYF » 28 Oct 2013, 17:37

I've just realized, I'm writing an essay in which I can include examples from LRR (and boy, do I plan to), and this video is a perfect example of a great point that I can make.
Thanks, LRR. How did you know? :D
"My favourite song is 'Girl Panic!'... because girls make me panic... in a good way!"
- Simon Le Bon.
mariomario42
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby mariomario42 » 28 Oct 2013, 21:41

I might shift the frame a little, but it was hard getting this under 2MB. Here it is if people want it though.
Frednotbob
First Video: Suspend your Disbelief

Postby Frednotbob » 28 Oct 2013, 22:42

You know, I think that if you guys wanted to, you could actually make a pretty good horror film.
Frednotbob
First Video: Suspend your Disbelief

Postby Frednotbob » 28 Oct 2013, 22:46

Clypheous wrote:LRR realizes what only a few movie directors and almost no "horror" video game makers realize. Imagination is a great thing and should be exploited, having people imagine what's happening is almost always scarier than actually showing it.

That's exactly how they made JAWS: the shark never actually made a proper appearance in the film, and when it *did* appear, you only saw a brief glimpse.
JayBlanc
First Video: That thing with the thing and that stuff

Postby JayBlanc » 29 Oct 2013, 02:09

Frednotbob wrote:
Clypheous wrote:LRR realizes what only a few movie directors and almost no "horror" video game makers realize. Imagination is a great thing and should be exploited, having people imagine what's happening is almost always scarier than actually showing it.

That's exactly how they made JAWS: the shark never actually made a proper appearance in the film, and when it *did* appear, you only saw a brief glimpse.

But that was entirely unintentional. The animatronic shark they wanted to use kept breaking down, so they had to cut all the scenes that showed the entire shark.
Drecon
First Video: Ransom

Postby Drecon » 29 Oct 2013, 02:42

Love the excessive amount of subtle in-jokes.
"if it ain't shiny, rub it on your hiney"
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 29 Oct 2013, 06:49

Frednotbob wrote:You know, I think that if you guys wanted to, you could actually make a pretty good horror film.

QFT.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 29 Oct 2013, 07:24

So good! :D

Much as I love Missie's line, the blood-peeing joke and all the poster credits, my favourite moment is Paul's masterful delivery of "Aaaaahhhhh, I'm so frightened, aaaaahhhhh..."
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 29 Oct 2013, 16:18

ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:So good! :D

Much as I love Missie's line, the blood-peeing joke and all the poster credits, my favourite moment is Paul's masterful delivery of "Aaaaahhhhh, I'm so frightened, aaaaahhhhh..."

He sounded at least as excited as some real B movies I've seen...

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”