Murdercide

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Graham
Super Moderator

Murdercide

Postby Graham » 28 Oct 2013, 00:25

The newest instalment in the Murdercide saga will shake you to your damp core.
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Re: Murdercide

Postby Amake » 28 Oct 2013, 00:46

Another one on the list of fake movies I really want to see.

My favorite part was when the monster sneaked up behind Tiff with the power saw and I braced myself for a legitimately scary moment and he was all "Hello." How incongruous!
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 28 Oct 2013, 01:00

To be fair, a guy just going "hellu" with a circular saw in hand is way scarier than a menacing voiced version.
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Nanosauromo
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby Nanosauromo » 28 Oct 2013, 01:01

Because I have time to kill and HD video is a thing:

All the movies:
-cinematography by A CANON CAMERA
-written by AN INBRED DOG and CINDERBLOCK PETE
-Starring [a bunch of people] and JEREMY MICHAELS
-music by ROYALTY FREE
-were released under the YUMMIES FILMS banner.

Axe Hand stars JEREMY PETTER, ALEX STEACY, TIM SEVENHYUSEN, SOME JAM, MATT WIGGINS... so that's accurate. And it was directed by EVERYONE, KINDA. I assume directorial duties are vaguely defined among the LRR film crew?

Killmonger stars BILL WATT, MORGAN VANHUMBECK, and LISSETTE AREVALO. Could this be the horror movie from Ways To Get Yourself Killed In A Horror Movie?

Also, Killmonger was directed by Yuri Pasco, the director of all the Murdercide films. Perhaps the people making Killmonger IV: Shadowborn hate the Murdercide crew not just because they used ALL the fake blood, but also because Murdercide stole their director?

Murdercide: In Tha Hood starrs DEREK. I shall assume that this is the same Derek from the Warriors of Darkness. Doubly so because the poster features a skull. So if this is that Derek, and Killmonger does star Bill Watt as Mr. Tiddlywinks, then "Moving Out" represents a crossover between the Murdercide and Killmonger franchises!

Who's the guy in what I'm assuming is Yo Video?

All in all, a great video. That special LRR logo is too awesome to not see again.
WAYF
First Video: Unskippable: The Getaway

Postby WAYF » 28 Oct 2013, 01:20

Nanosauromo breaks it down wonderfully, for anyone needing a fix of nerdy references and in-jokes. :D
I just want to add that I loved the AXE-HAND reference, doubly so for the tagline. And equally loved Missie appearing as a cameo to call back to Toothy Smile. Hey, if you have Missie around, you might as well use all that amazing talent, right? :P
(I put her in the same league as Andy and Brad - the Do Something With Them While They're In The Neighbourhood people)

The impression that I get from this video is that LRR realized that as far as weekly sketches go, it only had 2 Halloweens (now 1) left in which to mock Halloween clichés, so they decided to cram as many as they could into one video. I really like the result.
"My favourite song is 'Girl Panic!'... because girls make me panic... in a good way!"
- Simon Le Bon.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 28 Oct 2013, 01:26

I wasn't sure how legible those credits would be. Darn. If I'd had more time today I'd have done more jokes.

The main character in "In Tha Hood" is actually played by "Derek 'MC Shank Fight' Petersmithe", making fun of when rapper are credited by their (painfully not-urban) real names in movies.

Good catch on the Killmonger credits though. That's not necessarily the series Mr. Tiddlywinks is from, but why the hell not?
Nanosauromo
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby Nanosauromo » 28 Oct 2013, 01:37

I mean, WoD Derek COULD be a rapper in his spare time...
Evil Smurf
First Video: I can't remember, it was on the escapist

Postby Evil Smurf » 28 Oct 2013, 01:40

We need to see the LRR rappers in a movie, a la vanilla ice.
Can't Wear Hats
Admiral Robocop
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Can't Wear Hats » 28 Oct 2013, 01:55

That was amazing.

Two things: 1) Missie's delivery of "I shit my ass inside out" made me lose my shit, and 2) Was Kathleen listening to "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" an obscure reference to Hampire? Cuz Halloween?

Either way I love this sketch.
"We're not on this asteroid for very long, let's be nice to one another." - Alex Steacy

LRL: http://imgur.com/a/EoMQz#0
Desert Bus 007: http://imgur.com/a/ikM5G#0
Desert Bus 8: http://imgur.com/a/ksPiS

Twitter | Twitch

WAYF
First Video: Unskippable: The Getaway

Postby WAYF » 28 Oct 2013, 03:22

Graham wrote:
Good catch on the Killmonger credits though. That's not necessarily the series Mr. Tiddlywinks is from, but why the hell not?

I assumed that it was because putting Lisette in the credits is very specific because she hasn't been in a video for years, and of the videos she was in, Ways to Get Killed In a Horror Movie is easily my favourite.

By the way, I love the horror-themed LoadingReadyRun logo. I didn't mention that before, and I really should have, it's fantastic.
"My favourite song is 'Girl Panic!'... because girls make me panic... in a good way!"
- Simon Le Bon.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 28 Oct 2013, 04:36

The whole thing was very clever, but I lost my shit at the stinger. Kathleen's delivery... perfect.

If I remember correctly, shouldn't "SOME JAM" be "SOME SALSA"? I seem to recall from a podcast that there was no Jam available during Axe Hand filming so salsa had to be used instead?

</minutia>
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 28 Oct 2013, 04:36

A true Oscar performance by Arlo, truly award-winning.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
A-Z
First Video: unskipable

Postby A-Z » 28 Oct 2013, 05:14

That was really great. Especially loved the LRR opener and Missie's delivery of the toothy smile line and I think I enjoy it even more after reading
Nanosauromo's and Can't Wear Hats' posts:)

I'm also looking forward to hearing if Kathleen was listening to "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" because that would have been great...
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 28 Oct 2013, 05:25

WAYF wrote:By the way, I love the horror-themed LoadingReadyRun logo. I didn't mention that before, and I really should have, it's fantastic.

First of all: THIS.

My jaw dropped when I saw that. It is almost as GORGEOUS as Paul! :shock:

Second,
Lyinginbedmon wrote:A true Oscar performance by Arlo, truly award-winning.

Yeah, because he's not listed on the video page, but IS listed at the end of the in-vid acting credits, I think we can conclude that that's Arlo. And yeah, he made me laugh loud enough to distract my wife, and she's wearing heavy headphones. :)

Again, the ONLY flaw with this video is it's TOO believable. It is a fantastic satire, but...the movie titles...someday, someone out there somewhere will pen a script, and then will have to scrap the title they'd chosen because a quick google finds it's already been used in a comedy video from the 20-teens. ;)

And those taglines; do production companies trademark those as well? If so, you've used up some really good ones! :lol:

Oh, I really can't articulate how much I enjoyed this!

THANK YOU!!1!
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 28 Oct 2013, 06:34

Graham how much of your earnestness did you draw from your interview with uwe boll?
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
mariomario42
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby mariomario42 » 28 Oct 2013, 06:43

Loved it.

Axe Hand, and I do like the 3 for the the third movie. It's kinda like Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel with "Tiiio"

Paul and Alex's scenes were extra amazing.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 28 Oct 2013, 07:13

...dammit...

"-VEN BY THI-"

What does Arlo's shirt say in full?? :P
DarkAbyssKeeper
First Video: Echo

Postby DarkAbyssKeeper » 28 Oct 2013, 07:18

"Wait there's a period here."

Was probably the moment where I cracked a proper grin, even if the joke wasn't intentional.
ElFuzzy
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Postby ElFuzzy » 28 Oct 2013, 08:26

Lawl, I lost it at the final scene before the stinger.
kade_zero
First Video: The LoadingReadyRap

Postby kade_zero » 28 Oct 2013, 08:38

I’m a big fan of low-budget horror movie franchises, so I would definitely watch the Murdercide movies.
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 28 Oct 2013, 08:41

Oh my God. FLAWLESS VICTORY.

Seriously, the dialogue was snappy, the delivery was fantastic (Missie's delivery of "I shit my ass inside out!" made me shit my ass inside out) the editing was extremely tight, and my God, all dem references in the movie posters...

A++++, LRR! :D
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Narcuru
First Video: Into the Breach - CheckPoint

Postby Narcuru » 28 Oct 2013, 09:37

God this was a great skit. I had problems not laughing out loud during work (and thus my boss realizing I'm not always working when I'm at my computer). The "Hullo" bit was perfect. Really everything was perfect. I didn't get a chance to look at the posters, but I'm glad someone was able to, that just makes it 10 time better.
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 28 Oct 2013, 09:47

The best bit was probably Kathleen immediately plugging in the earphones!
Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Postby Foxmar » 28 Oct 2013, 11:44

Bebop Man wrote:The best bit was probably Kathleen immediately plugging in the earphones!

Loved that part!

Also Missie: "I shit my ass Inside Out"
I had to pause for a moment after that. So good!
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Trisha Lynn » 28 Oct 2013, 11:48

WAYF wrote:I just want to add that I loved the AXE-HAND reference, doubly so for the tagline. And equally loved Missie appearing as a cameo to call back to Toothy Smile. Hey, if you have Missie around, you might as well use all that amazing talent, right? :P
(I put her in the same league as Andy and Brad - the Do Something With Them While They're In The Neighbourhood people)

Agreed. And I gather that happened because of all the contacts that the LRR crew has managed to make over the years and their inclusions into the Vancouver Island Short Film Festival screenings and winning so many awards.

Speaking of the VISFFs, is there a reason why you haven't been back to them lately? And speaking of other film festivals, is there a reason why you haven't entered any of your other shorts into them? I think it would be totally awesome one day for an LRR or Bionic Trousers production to win a Best Live Action Short Oscar or Canadian Screen Award (Screenie?).

Trisha Lynn
...seriously, Gemininnie...?
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”