The Desert Bus Rap

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Re: The Desert Bus Rap

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 27 Nov 2013, 14:03

Lord Chrusher wrote:I think I have been spoiled by previous post Desert Bus Desert Bus music videos (Video Killed the Internet Star, Tucson or Bust, The Tale of Matt Wiggins and Desert Power). Admittedly three of them are parodies and the other (Tucson or Bust) is an Cownden original.

While an intentionally terrible rap including most of the Desert Bus Crew was entertaining and a good way to recap this Desert Bus it did feel like a little bit of a let down compared to the usual musical output of LoadingReadyRun.

That's roughly my feelings on it. Though to be honest, I reckon Desert Bus-related LRR output peaked at 'The Whole Story'.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 28 Nov 2013, 01:36

Graham wrote:This was all done in a day of course (writing, recording, shooting), much like previous DB videos. All during Moonbase cleanup too. Which is why we usually do parodies, because we can get better musical quality with less effort.

We wanted to avoid a parody this time, and so the "super bowl shuffle" style video made the most sense.
I still enjoy it on its own merits, mind you :)
I wonder if the idea was in anyway inspired by Key and Peele's East/West Bowl Rap. Either way, I absolutely loved it. Probably my favorite DB sketch yet.
Image Image Image
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 28 Nov 2013, 01:42

Inspired by all of the following:

Key & Peele's East/West Rap
The Sex Offender Shuffle

and, the grim darkness that originally inspired both of those, the Super Bowl Shuffle.
Professor STAFF
First Video: Friday Nights: Untap

Postby Professor STAFF » 28 Nov 2013, 08:59

You're telling me Fred and Barney had nothing do with it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8aqAgtwqcU ?
pokute
First Video: Phailhaüs

Postby pokute » 28 Nov 2013, 15:04

Personally, I would've preferred a few more ridiculous accessories, or maybe a recurring oddball background character, but I still liked it for what it was.
SomeCallMeTim
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby SomeCallMeTim » 01 Dec 2013, 11:24

Oh man, I thought it was based on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVSVDO6QY7k, but now to find that's a parody of the Super Bowl shuffle...just...wow.

I too was waiting for the flip, where Andy could sing or something, but it never came.
BE RIGHT THERE HOMBRE!
Chris_Gonzalez

Postby Chris_Gonzalez » 03 Dec 2013, 11:06

I've had Ashton's dulcet tones stuck in my head all week. I do not understand why, but I can't get his two couplets out of my head.
Dix
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Dix » 14 Dec 2013, 21:07

Your souls. They belong to me.
Desert Bus 1,2,3,4,5,6,and 9 Chat mod
Desert Bus 007 and 8 Onsite Chat Mod

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”