Sorry to Interrupt

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Wykanico
First Video: I....don't....remember....

Re: Sorry to Interrupt

Postby Wykanico » 23 Sep 2014, 06:41

Actually kind of curious to know what the "offensive line" in question would have been...

Good video though, I chuckled :)
Bergie
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Bergie » 23 Sep 2014, 07:33

Amusing video, though I do see all the people's criticism. I do think that it would have been better if you managed to maintain the costumes of the "Cam" character (Alex -> Cam -> Kathleen) all the way through, but such is life.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 23 Sep 2014, 07:47

Well, while I agree, I think they did it the way they did it due to the meta-narrative of needing reshoots. The Alex -> Cam transition, I definitely think the clothing should've stayed the same, but during the Cam -> Kathleen transition, it's said that they went home and weren't available. Also, I'm pretty sure that the clothes they were wearing were essentially "normal clothes" for them, so I don't know how keen Cam and Alex would be to wear each other's clothes (vs. the crew's communal clothes).
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

fagstein
First Video: I don't have a bloody clue

Postby fagstein » 23 Sep 2014, 21:26

The worst part is the days of work creating prosthetics and applying makeup so that Cameron looks like Alex and Alex looks like Cameron. In hindsight, that money might have been better spent elsewhere, but the end of the year is approaching and that KickStarter money needs to be spent.
Hobbles105
First Video: Staggeringly Fast Loans

Postby Hobbles105 » 29 Sep 2014, 08:05

Ok, I have to ask, and yes I realize this is a little....anyway: is Kathleen pregnant? I seem to recall from a past video that her chest size is a matter of pride for her, but my first reaction on watching this video was, "why does she have bowling balls in her blouse?" followed by "whoa, those are not the normal size". So preggo or is blue with white poka-dots just magical?
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 29 Sep 2014, 08:28

To be blunt, I believe the answer is:
a) That's inappropriate (general rule is that it's never appropriate to ask if a woman in pregnant), and
b) None of our business.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Foxmar
First Video: The Break

Postby Foxmar » 29 Sep 2014, 08:39

I can't believe someone would ask that. Its none of are business.
Hobbles105
First Video: Staggeringly Fast Loans

Postby Hobbles105 » 29 Sep 2014, 09:04

Is this really a place where societal norms and unwritten rules are upheld? It would seem to me to be a place where the rules are flaunted for intellectual and comedic affect. I asked only out of genuine surprise and concern. As a fan of LRR I was wondering if it was some kind of joke or stunt, the other option seemed to be pregnancy; so I asked to get a rise out of the cast to reveal what was going on in that scene. Given Kathleen's recent appearance is unchanged in prior videos I do not actually think she is pregnant, I simply was attempting to determine weather the apparent change in chest size was a deliberate joke, or an illusion of the camera.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 29 Sep 2014, 09:23

Not to give any credence to this person's "theories" but they appear to be "of normal size" in the following video, so I'm assuming it's an unintentional camera trick.

But in any case, you don't know the LRR crew well if you think they'd take kindly to your "joke."

My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 29 Sep 2014, 09:42

Kathleen's chest taking occasional and seemingly entirely random cues to be particularly noticeable is nothing especially new; indeed, I remember at least one hilarious and mildly awkward comment thread below that question-answering LRR episode on the Escapist on that very topic (it was the superhero costume that did it, for the record). Either way, there are much better ways of broaching the point and several more for it not to matter in particular.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
hascow
First Video: Clubbing Your Friends

Postby hascow » 29 Sep 2014, 14:01

Ugh, really? This exact thing was discussed on twitter right after the *stabbists* video was released. Kathleen was ranting, Graham was ranting, and now it's in the forum?

I mean, why does it matter? She wrote a great video, why should her body matter at all in this? I mean, really? Wow.
Last edited by hascow on 29 Sep 2014, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 29 Sep 2014, 17:16

People notice changes in things. Some people feel the need to comment on those changes, whether it's smart to or not.

King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 29 Sep 2014, 20:28

I've got a really good idea.

I am the sheperd of the LRR wiki. I know as much about LoadingReadyRun as I can. If you're new here, or even if you're not, if you want to ask a personal question like that, why don't either check the wiki or ask ME first?

If it's something that's public knowledge, like that Graham has seventeen fingers on his left hand, but they're usually out of town when they're filming, then I'll tell you. But if it's something that's none of your ding-dang business, I won't know, either because even as the head of the wiki, it's not even MY business! And I'll then tell you to get bent so the crew doesn't have to!

And if you're going to ask ANY woman if she's pregnant, send those email c/o me, too! It doesn't matter who it is, I'm in the know! And rather than answering that invasive question, I'll send you a picture of Garfield's face drawn on my scrotum.

Everybody wins! Except me when I get sued by Jim Davis!

Scrotefield is copyright me, dammit. It's better than Cloverfield.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”