The LoadingReadyRumble 2

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Graham
Super Moderator

The LoadingReadyRumble 2

Postby Graham » 30 Dec 2014, 00:52

As our 11th complete season comes to a close, we decided the best way to remember everyone's favourite sketch characters was to have them brutally kill each other for our amusement. Or something.
Omega Lairon
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Re: The LoadingReadyRumble 2

Postby Omega Lairon » 30 Dec 2014, 01:14

Looks even better without Twitch eating every tenth frame or so.

So I do have to confess that as a more recent fan ("only" since Desert Bus 4 or thereabouts), and not a super diligent one at that, I did miss out on quite a few references. But even with that handicap, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The jokes were fast paced and well delivered, and it was neat seeing all the references I *did* get. Definitely a worthy video to wrap up 11 amazing years.

ert+
y76p; 'Olu8jykee;u4p;e'/Rh
Strong ba15456`-------++++++gf
+++++-//==========/*8901ikg
NickC
First Video: Three PS3's....I think.

Postby NickC » 30 Dec 2014, 01:18

Thought I'd make my first post just to say thank you. I've been watching your videos for years and will miss the regular weekly amusements. I'd hoped you would do another loading ready rumble for the last sketch and suitably laughed throughout.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 30 Dec 2014, 01:26

Congrats on eleven years of sketches. :)
DaMage
First Video: Wireless

Postby DaMage » 30 Dec 2014, 01:30

Funnily enough I watched the original rumble just last night, so this today was just perfect. Enjoyed every bit of it and watched it both live and again once the youtube version was up. Though screaming PC guy might just be an even match for Derick.

One question though, in the last scene Axehand passes Jonny the sandwich, it then cuts straight to a front on camera shot and Axehand is nowhere to be seen. I need you to be straight with me, is he a wizard? and is magic real?
Rayack
First Video: Poker Before Dusk

Postby Rayack » 30 Dec 2014, 02:03

Thoroughly enjoyable. Thanks for the good times, LRR sketches!
CrazyMax46
First Video: It was the first Unskipable.

Postby CrazyMax46 » 30 Dec 2014, 02:16

Forgive the large text but...

THANK YOU LRR

This is not an end. Only a beginning.
Phi
First Video: Impersonal Information

Postby Phi » 30 Dec 2014, 02:27

The ending (before stinger) was dark.. but this was a fun and funny video. Glad I got all the references.

Congratulation on this milestone, LRR. And thank you for years of Monday joy. I'll follow to whatever plans you have next, as I sure many others will :)
ANeMzero
First Video: 1337

Postby ANeMzero » 30 Dec 2014, 02:33

This was such a wonderful sketch, it is chock full of fanservice but still feels fun without feeling forced. It was a bit sad to hear that Announcer guy got cut from the script, but there is still so much here and every character is fantastic.

Graham wins the sketch for me, because Sales guy and Jonny are just so weird and worked so damn well outside of their usual setting.

I'm actually having trouble writing something substantial about the video because I just want to quote every damn line and name drop every character. It was great, it was everything I could have hoped for in a finale, and while I know there will be more content coming in the future it really drives home just how magical and consistently wonderful the weekly sketches were.

Though the ending was more sweet than bitter it is still an ending. You guys managed to make me look foward to Mondays, something of a monumental task. The sketches have been a constant bright spot for me through the last years of highschool, then college and the many, many not terribly bright times throughout the past. Thank you for everything, it has been wild.
and now; back to me.
VectorZero
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby VectorZero » 30 Dec 2014, 03:23

*sigh*

*sniff*

Well done.

(OMG, baby toast)
varmintx
First Video: PSA: Uwe Boll

Postby varmintx » 30 Dec 2014, 03:33

The only reference I can't seem to place was the killer Santas after Tally. I know that I know it, but my brain isn't cooperating.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 30 Dec 2014, 03:43

Good to see Tim and Morgan again.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 30 Dec 2014, 04:03

This was an Awesome video, and while I'm sad to see the end of the weekly sketches I feel privileged to have had your comedy in my life, weekly for almost that entire 11 years (My first video was Who Watches Movies?)

I also feel very fortunate to have been able to contribute to some of those videos in my own way.

So, while I'm sad, I am also greatly looking forward to where you go from here and what other amazing thins you create.

Well done folks.
Re'ozul

Postby Re'ozul » 30 Dec 2014, 04:21

My headcannon now, is that reporter guy is a serial killer.

From "What's going on?"
- Implicitely refuses to "give" his name to someone else.
- "Its too late to move away" framed in relevance to christmas, but still curious.
- "Daves tutoring center and tudor supply costume warehouse" - translates to "Get smart or be history"
- Funsday may be Monday, a very deranged outlook on time.
- He smiles when mentioning reading the criminal history -> He finds pleasure in imagining the misdeeds of others.
- Again smiling at "going to hell" with a quasi-wink moment.
- "Habitat against humanity" in correlation with the pig carcass (generally used to approximate human bodies) and needing something disappeared, as if that is what he uses it for.
- "Daves palace of beef" also tickles something in the back of my mind, but I'm not sure.
- He considers a tank something to expect around a corner. Perhaps he aquired his mental disorder in a war? Based on his age, likely Desert Storm?
- "Fishing supply and medical clearance center" Luring someone in is generally considered a bad thing, and the implication that follows is, that once the luring is complete you will need a wheelchair. Or simply that he aquired wheelchairs from his previous victims, and puts that knowledge into his fake advertisements.
- He was given photo of something in the bay. Considering the general photos of nessy and his mentioning of it already having killed 5 people, i wonder wether his losing the picture was not intentional as the picture showed perhaps one of his victims corpses, 5 of which he dumped in the bay.
- The entire Dress warm thing. In german there exists the equivalent phrase "Zieht euch warm an" which basically means "Get ready, things are going to be bad" or "Be ready for bad things".
- The stinger advertisement: Stuffing, animals and stuffed animals. Taxidermy as a means to calm chaotic factors. An indicator of his mind equating such a process as serviceable enough that everyone should do it.
- Further, he is downright condescending to Dave.

The Rumble:
- "The man in the mirror never talks back" - Has trouble self-identifying. Sees himself as a stranger, and can no longer acknowledge who he really is. Perhaps a defense mechanism from traumatic past and/or his actions.
- He has never felt better than being in an official Battle to the Death, where he can now openly kill people with little recrimination.
- He has "dealt" with Dave, beat him to death with a table leg. Likely in a fit of rage, as it is an uncommon weapon.
- He hasn't slept in forever. This would cause great mental problems.
- "And now back to me" - Acknowledges, that he can only find back to himself in Death, only there can he atone for what he has done and see himself as the person he was again.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 30 Dec 2014, 04:41

By my count, one of the characters or teams of characters is originally from Season One, one from Season Three, one from Season Four, three from Season Five, three from Season Six, three from Season Seven, five from Season Eight, six from Season Six, three from Season Ten and one from Season Eleven.

My only improvement would be have a few more characters from the first few seasons.

I am sad to see the weekly sketches ending since they have been part of my life for more than ten years but I am excited to see what is inside the Mystery Box. In a sense the Mystery Box is a return to the first couple years of LoadingReadyRun when you had no idea what sort of video you would be getting each week - not just the scripted shorts which made up the vast majority of weekly updates in the last few seasons.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Ad Vurt
First Video: Three PS3s

Postby Ad Vurt » 30 Dec 2014, 05:09

I loved it... so much. Unexpected Tim was fantastic, as was not one but TWO MORGANS, and I really enjoyed the reference to Bill. What an incredible conclusion to something that has been a massive part of my life (and helped to shape who I am) for nearly half of it.

LRR FOR LIFE!
romangoro
First Video: The Couch

Postby romangoro » 30 Dec 2014, 06:44

I want to thank LRR for hosting the live premiere last night, watching it with other people, even virtually was much better than watching alone at home as would have been normal.

Also:

Lord Chrusher wrote:By my count, one of the characters or teams of characters is originally from Season One, one from Season Three, one from Season Four, three from Season Five, three from Season Six, three from Season Seven, five from Season Eight, six from Season Six, three from Season Ten and one from Season Eleven.

From season 2, there was IceTray.
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 30 Dec 2014, 06:46

That was THE BEST. :)

Thank you, LRR, for being awesome all these years, and I look forward to all the things you are doing next.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 30 Dec 2014, 07:37

This was a wonderful experience and I wish I could have been around for the premier LiveStream last night. You guys are fantastic -- can't wait to find out what's next!
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
mariomario42
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby mariomario42 » 30 Dec 2014, 08:19

It was great. I know you guys dropped some ideas but I would have killed for the conspiracy people showing up and having some cheesy line of "and what if we're all just part of a Canadian sketch comedy internet video!"

Sad it's over, but when you guys feel like making a sketch now and then, it's gonna be extremely exciting :)
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 30 Dec 2014, 08:22

Lord Chrusher wrote:By my count, one of the characters or teams of characters is originally from Season One, one from Season Three, one from Season Four, three from Season Five, three from Season Six, three from Season Seven, five from Season Eight, six from Season Six, three from Season Ten and one from Season Eleven.

My counts are a little bit different... I'm not sure who's from Season 1? But here's what I have:
Ashleigh, from Rapidfire 3 (S9) - based off characters from Sigma Theta Delta (S8)
Mega Man, from Who You Gonna Call? (S7) - "champion of the people and part-time stock boy" refers to Super Ripoff (S11)
David Vanderpunch, from MEN (S8)
Axe Hand, from Crapshots and then The Basement (S7)
Krog, Torg and Herc, from Krogslist (S11)
El Salvidor and Gridiron, from MEN (S8)
Kane and Crowthorn, from Mercenary Solutions (S6)
Nigel Fitzgerald Brouwer, from the Whole Story series, starting in S8
The Devil, from 106.7 The Drive (S7)
Tally's character with rye bread babies, from The Secret Life of Toast (S4)
Inflatable Santas, from War of Christmas (S6)
Seth McDebit, from Seth McDebit (S9)
Arstotzka border guard, from Papers, Please (S10)
Dave's spokesman, from Rapidfire 3 (S9) - "And now, back to me" refers to What's Going On? (S10)
Questionably Legal Man and Definitely Illegal Boy, from Questionably Legal Man (S9)
Wizards, from Wizard Chat (S10)
Ice Tray, originally from LoadingReadyRap (S2)
Killahbyte, originally from Pimp My Chair (S3), his enmity with Ice Tray is from Rapstar 64K (S5)
James's character, from The Couch (S10)
Cody, from Stand-Up Guy (S6)
Savoy and Chevallier, from Rapidfire 3 (S9)
Muscle Santa, originally from Super Secret Surprise (S6)
Cultists, from Rapidfire 3 (S9) - Discount Deities (S8) (thanks, Duckay)
Surgeon General, from Doctors Hate Her (S11)
Jonny, from Jonny (S9)
"I just watched an entire cub-scout troupe" - probably the troupe from Scouts Dishonor (S9)
"an enormous ginger dude and a bunch of ninjurai" - while Bill was away circa 2007, the standard excuse was he was "off fighting ninjas", culminating in The Return of the Bill (S5)
Derek, originally from The Truce (S5)

Harry the Creepy Doll, which I don't believe has actually appeared in an LRR video before, outside of cHustle/Friday Nights
Spot, from everywhere
Last edited by phlip on 30 Dec 2014, 19:02, edited 2 times in total.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 30 Dec 2014, 09:49

I loved every bit of this and I keep noticing more jokes each time I watch it. Such a nice wrap up.

Say, was this Spot the Dog's first speaking role?
KyrieEleison
First Video: Desert Bus 5

Postby KyrieEleison » 30 Dec 2014, 10:10

Congratulations on 11 years of sketches! I'll miss the sketches, as they were a great way to start the week, but I'm looking forward to what's next. (And I'm with Kathleen. I would love to watch Girls Get Drunk and Do Crafts.) And thankfully you're still doing Feed Dump and cHustle, as those are two of my favorite LRR projects.

Thank you, LoadingReadyRun, for helping us laugh at love... again.

phlip wrote:My counts are a little bit different... I'm not sure who's from Season 1? But here's what I have:
Ashleigh, from Rapidfire 3 (S9) - based off characters from Sigma Theta Delta (S8)
Mega Man, from Who You Gonna Call? (S7) - "champion of the people and part-time stock boy" refers to Super Ripoff (S11)
David Vanderpunch, from MEN (S8)
Axe Hand, from Crapshots and then The Basement (S7)
Krog, Torg and Herc, from Krogslist (S11)
El Salvidor and Gridiron, from MEN (S8)
Kane and Crowthorn, from Mercenary Solutions (S6)
Nigel Fitzgerald Brouwer, from the Whole Story series, starting in S8
The Devil, from 106.7 The Drive (S7)
Tally's character with rye bread babies, from The Secret Life of Toast (S4)
Inflatable Santas, from War of Christmas (S6)
Seth McDebit, from Seth McDebit (S9)
Arztotska border guard, from Papers, Please (S10)
Dave's spokesman, from Rapidfire 3 (S9) - "And now, back to me" refers to What's Going On? (S10)
Questionably Legal Man and Definitely Illegal Boy, from Questionably Legal Man (S9)
Wizards, from Wizard Chat (S10)
Ice Tray, originally from LoadingReadyRap (S2)
Killahbyte, originally from Pimp My Chair (S3), his enmity with Ice Tray is from Rapstar 64K (S5)
James's character, from The Couch (S10)
Cody, from Stand-Up Guy (S6)
Savoy and Chevallier, from Rapidfire 3 (S9)
Muscle Santa, originally from Super Secret Surprise (S6)
Cultists, from Rapidfire 3 (S9)
Surgeon General, from Doctors Hate Her (S11)
Jonny, from Jonny (S9)
"I just watched an entire cub-scout troupe" - probably the troupe from Scouts Dishonor (S9)
"an enormous ginger dude and a bunch of ninjurai" - while Bill was away circa 2007, the standard excuse was he was "off fighting ninjas", culminating in The Return of the Bill (S5)
Derek, originally from The Truce (S5)

Harry the Creepy Doll, which I don't believe has actually appeared in an LRR video before, outside of cHustle/Friday Nights
Spot, from everywhere

This is exactly what I was hoping someone would have. Thanks!
It's not epic unless it's dactylic hexameter.

landofanalie.wordpress.com
chetoos
First Video: The Job

Postby chetoos » 30 Dec 2014, 10:21

I know the rumbles are non-canon, but when did Matt get inducted back into the snuggie cultists? He left after Meghubota had claimed him, and was replaced by Cam.
My Youtube Channel. Currently, I have a daily series where I play games that I like. Right now, it's Double Dragon Advance. I also have a weekly series where I play as the Archenemy from Duels 2012
ThePasserby
First Video: Mercenary Solutions

Postby ThePasserby » 30 Dec 2014, 10:23

I have been watching LRR since, I want to say my Freshman year of highschool. I'm nearly 24 now(struggling college student), and I want to say that this was a excellent video to end the weekly sketches. I am sad to see them go, but what can you do? Things grow and change. While my heart goes out to the sketches, I am honestly saying that yes I look forward to what 2015 will bring!

I made a account here to specifically post this message, and this is my first message on the boards.

LLR Crew, thank you for giving us so much entertainment over the years, and I hope you stay a staple for our internet selves for a long time to come.

Though on a note, I am sad to see the Mercenaries go. They were awesome, and I can't help but think they planed for a anti-clockwise MAD result...man, I will miss all these characters, and I hope one day we will see them again.
Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”