Running Start!

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Running Start!

Postby Kathleen » 27 Mar 2017, 14:33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5XFbAT ... freload=10

We did a new thing! What do you think?
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
hascow
First Video: Clubbing Your Friends

Re: Running Start!

Postby hascow » 28 Mar 2017, 10:08

I love the idea of this, but I felt this wasn't as good as it could've been. It felt like it was a weird length with slightly weird editing. I would love this in a "stream highlights" style, with a short 10 minute video, or if it was full-length with no editing, more "streaming-style", but this seemed to be an awkward in-between that dragged a bit too much for me. Will definitely watch again, but this wasn't my favorite new show.
theycallmejokke
First Video: Unskipperble: Lost Plant 2 - Part 1

Postby theycallmejokke » 28 Mar 2017, 11:06

I really liked the hybrid style of the show, it felt (to me at least) like the natural evolution of Unskippable. also we already have a stream highlights style show, it's called the stream highlights, same with streaming-style.
The through the bookcase shots was a little odd, but not too the extent that it detracted from the show as a whole.

Looking forward to the next episode.
"You have the right to remain silent. Mostly because I tire of your excuses."
Jarannis

Postby Jarannis » 31 Mar 2017, 10:01

For some reason, I really enjoyed the camera shot through the bookcase. I think it felt more welcoming than the normal stream cam somehow.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 02 Apr 2017, 17:29

hascow wrote:I love the idea of this, but I felt this wasn't as good as it could've been. It felt like it was a weird length with slightly weird editing. I would love this in a "stream highlights" style, with a short 10 minute video, or if it was full-length with no editing, more "streaming-style", but this seemed to be an awkward in-between that dragged a bit too much for me. Will definitely watch again, but this wasn't my favorite new show.

I didn't have a problem with the length but I did have a problem with how it was edited. It was quite far in before I realised that the game play was edited and then I still had problems distinguishing between when the game jumped and when the video was edited. I think this could have been partially alleviate by changing the editing and partially by explaining how edited the show is in the introduction.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Aeralis
First Video: enn: Nerd Flu

Postby Aeralis » 11 Apr 2017, 18:22

I'm loving all of the new stuff that's happening right now. It's great to see some non-stream content brewing for when you really just want a small chunklet of LRR..

But as for Running Start! itself, I really like the format. I especially like how... less formal it feels? Like it's not 20 minutes of Graham and Paul being ON and/or feeling like they've got a script in front of them, it actually feels like a couple guys bulls****ing around and having a good time.

Plus Unskippable was always one of my favorite concepts anyway. (I STILL respond to fields of anime flowers in my head with Eternal Sonata's "oh GOD, the flowers...") So maybe I'm a little biased? Either way, loving it.
varmintx
First Video: PSA: Uwe Boll

Postby varmintx » 14 Apr 2017, 02:58

I Platinum'd Atelier Sophie last night. It's fun that Graham and Paul just did a Running Start of it as I get to watch the beginninig again while it's still fresh in my mind and compare their guesses with what I know is actually going on. As for the game itself, it's a good, I guess, but a noticeable step down from the Dusk trilogy that preceded it. I still think Kathleen should give the series a try, even if it might be a bit too saccharin for her tastes.
craddz1967
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby craddz1967 » 02 Jun 2017, 14:01

Just gone onto You tube why is there a random video added onto the Running Start Playlist (its not even a LRR video???)

"DJi SPARK vs DJi Mavic!! EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THIS TINY DRONE"

:D

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”