Rapidfire 5

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Captain_Anarchy
FOOLED YOU!!!

Postby Captain_Anarchy » 01 Dec 2006, 23:22

I really like the rapid fires and this one was one of the best. I also don't understand why the story time segments are in there but the rest was really good. Another well done guys.
My hand to God. Baby geese. Goslings. They were juggled.
-Wash
Andy

Postby Andy » 01 Dec 2006, 23:27

I thought the detective bit was exceptionally well written.
:D
I am also extremely disturbed at how many violent slayings have occured at my old highschool.
Time flies like an arrow;
Fruit flies like a banana.
-Groucho Marx
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 01 Dec 2006, 23:57

anotherearth wrote:
Tea Mandy wrote:Most surprising part that nearly had me laugh aloud was when Dana stuffed the money casually into her shirt. Was quite surprised by that.

Until the end of that skit, I thought Graham was stuttering b/c he was was staring at her cleavage and that he was gonna give her the $700 for the cup b/c of that.

That is not Dana, that is Kate, Graham's younger sister. FYI.

Andy, Oak Bay went downhill after we graduated.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
anotherearth

Postby anotherearth » 02 Dec 2006, 00:17

uh... oooh...

Awk-ward.

:shock:

- c h r i s p y
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 02 Dec 2006, 00:19

Okay, I screwed up alright?

I thought those were storybook scenes we hadn't used yet, and evidently I was wrong. I very carefully marked the ones we had been using, and apparently I used the wrong ones.

I'm quite proud of this series, and rather than complaining about a small mistake, I feel there's a lot of good stuff in this video to focus on.

Regarding the "same jokes", if you watch all of them in sequence, you can see the characters building, and they all have culminations in this episode. Riley finally thinks Rodriguez has merit, the ASS expert finds something worthwhile, the reporter actually swears... the changes are subtle, but present.

Sorry it was too distracting to see Paul's shots again. I'll fix it when I get back to Victoria.
Number09
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Number09 » 02 Dec 2006, 01:05

Is Morgan wearing a "I love great sax" shirt in the Antique Street Show intro?
Rhynome
First Video: Folklore

Postby Rhynome » 02 Dec 2006, 04:54

I'm with Graham on this one. I noticed the story-book thing, but to be honest I didn't really care - I still enjoyed them - though mainly because the amoutn of effort these guys must put into the videos still scares me slightly; so I'm not gonna criticise them.*

'Falling from a tree'... I gaffawed at that bit [on the newsreporter sketch].

*Come on, we're getting free comedy here!
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 02 Dec 2006, 05:36

Saying that the jokes are all the same is like saying that every "how many X does it take to screw in a lightbulb" joke is the same because it adheres to a basic formula - the joke itself is different every time!

R&R and Explanations were outright great, and Technical Problems had just a few easy-to-overlook technical problems. (For some reason, the very first skit's static really seemed to suggest the curse words implied, and it got harder each time to hear - or maybe it's just me.)

I really don't grok this "I hate Rapidfire" vibe I'm getting. (shrug)
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
Rhynome
First Video: Folklore

Postby Rhynome » 02 Dec 2006, 06:04

Melendwyr wrote:grok

I just really needed to quote that.
basscomm

Postby basscomm » 02 Dec 2006, 07:15

Melendwyr wrote:I really don't grok this "I hate Rapidfire" vibe I'm getting. (shrug)

I don't hate it, I thought the series as a whole was pretty good.

You crit the English Language for 1337 damage.
English Language dies.
Dana

Postby Dana » 02 Dec 2006, 12:17

Well, I thought the whole thing was hilarious...and maybe I will go watch the rest of the Rapidfire stuff after I am done with school for the semester.

Lord Chrusher wrote:
anotherearth wrote:
Tea Mandy wrote:Most surprising part that nearly had me laugh aloud was when Dana stuffed the money casually into her shirt. Was quite surprised by that.

Until the end of that skit, I thought Graham was stuttering b/c he was was staring at her cleavage and that he was gonna give her the $700 for the cup b/c of that.

Andy, Oak Bay went downhill after we graduated.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Holy crap, that is the most hilarious thing that I have seen today. As ti happens though, I live in Pringe George, which is really far away from Victoria, so I have appeared in only two LRR sketches, and helped with a third.

Also, I have really small boobs...I could never aspire to have cleavage like Kayt's.
"I swear it," said the other mother. "I swear it on my own mother's grave."

"Does she have a grave?" asked Coraline.

"Oh yes," said the other mother. "I put her in there myself. And when I found her trying to crawl out, I put her back."
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 02 Dec 2006, 13:24

Another small problem with this rapidfire is it title. All the prevous rapidfire have had title like Rapidfire: Episode 1 while this one is Rapidfire 5.

Also Geoff is not credited for his role as the news anchor.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 02 Dec 2006, 14:39

I know I NEVER said I hate Rapidfire, I actually love them, this one just didn't do it for me, partially because of the Story Book, but not totally. It just didn't vibe for me like previous ones did.

And it's not because of the similar jokes across them, I have no problem with that. I just didn't find these ones as funny.

And as for not critisizing free content, I dig that, I'm not trying to bite the hand that feeds me much comedy gold, I'm simply trying to point out things I felt were lacking or could be improved or something along that line(not that I can really put my finger on it with this one). But if Graham doesn't want to hear it that's all he has to say and I will, without any fuss, keep my mouth shut :)

Anyways, I just didn't dig this one as much as the others, but not for any reasons I can really articulate.

Oh and Graham, I wasn't meaning to bitch about the STory Book, I was just slightly confused as to what happened. No Worries.
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 02 Dec 2006, 14:48

It was pretty good, but couldn't quite beat out Rapidfire 4 in my opinion.

In any case, I think that if you're going to do another go of Rapidfire, you should start it in the same way you did here. You should do it as you get closer to doing another LRL (if you DO go with doing another) and use it when you have less time to work on new videos each week.
Tea Mandy

Postby Tea Mandy » 02 Dec 2006, 17:51

Darn it, sorry Dana, and Kate. I thought I had gotten that right. But now I have to question: Who The Hell Is Dana? And why did I think of her?

(searches archives)

Ahh yes, LoadingReadyLabs, how could I forget.

"Dude, he pretty much said it all." Still hilarious, glad it's in the archives.
Dana

Postby Dana » 02 Dec 2006, 18:11

Heh, I am glad you liked that one...I still haven't seen it, on account of I really hate the sound of my voice.

"Oh yes," said the other mother. "I put her in there myself. And when I found her trying to crawl out, I put her back."
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 02 Dec 2006, 21:30

A few things
A: Overall a good update. Made me laugh. Not as funny as four though.
B: Was disappointed about the story guy thing.
C: I would have loved for their to have been another running gag. I don't know if the segments are supposed to be punchlines of the running gags that are the segments.
D: Is the audio supposed to cut out when the reporter at the desk first talks? I hear nothing from the children's story to where it cuts to Steve Clark.
Johnny_Lunchbox

Postby Johnny_Lunchbox » 03 Dec 2006, 02:03

Tea Mandy wrote:Of note, the first reporter (Johnny?) seemed to only come through my left speaker.

Nope. It'll probably be a while before my mug is on the screen again; I didn't end up transferring out there, and I might not for post-grad--so I'm stuck in and around Windsor for at least the next two years.

Dana wrote:As ti happens though, I live in Pringe George, which is really far away from Victoria, so I have appeared in only two LRR sketches, and helped with a third.

Alas, Dana, it would seem as though I'm once again your superior: I've only appeared in ONE sketch, I've helped with more than three, and I'm about an eight-day drive away (whereas you're only a couple hours.)

So ha.

Yeah, the storyteller repeats did detract a lot from this--I'd imagine that a lot of the negative feedback is just the result of that one little mistake being left to fester.

Then again, I seem to recall some Mister Show episodes that recycled old sketches.

So who knows.
"Yeah, I had it pretty hard growing up. I guess that's why I turned to accounting." - SB&M
Dana

Postby Dana » 03 Dec 2006, 10:56

By "a couple" you mean "12 hour drive", right?

Chris
First Video: a 3D short shown at Film Fest in 2003?

Postby Chris » 03 Dec 2006, 18:10

Great video, and so does this concldes the Rapidfire videos for a while?
- Offical First Fan to Recognize Paul and Graham (LRR) -

Johnny_Lunchbox

Postby Johnny_Lunchbox » 03 Dec 2006, 21:42

Dana wrote:By "a couple" you mean "12 hour drive", right?

Yes. Compared to a motherfucking week.

Therefore, I still win.

Nice try, though.
"Yeah, I had it pretty hard growing up. I guess that's why I turned to accounting." - SB&M
Dana

Postby Dana » 03 Dec 2006, 22:05

Actually, I submit that you lose, as I live closer to Victoria than you do. Therefore, I can make more visits to Victoria than you can, and have more fun.

Also, I am not stuck in Windsor ^_^

Pirate James

Postby Pirate James » 03 Dec 2006, 22:38

Graham wrote:Okay, I screwed up alright?

I thought those were storybook scenes we hadn't used yet, and evidently I was wrong. I very carefully marked the ones we had been using, and apparently I used the wrong ones.

I thought re-using the story guy skits was the running gag. Shows what I know.
Paul wrote:Being creative and entertaining is easy. The hard part is actually getting off your ass and doing something with your creative and entertaining ideas.
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 03 Dec 2006, 23:41

We're thinking of renaming the city 'Funtoria.'
"Just another Sunday paddleboat ride on a man-made lake with another lady stranger; if I remain lost and die on a cross, at least i wasn't born in a manger."
HomerTheBrave

Postby HomerTheBrave » 04 Dec 2006, 00:53

Bill O'Reilly is a bruised banana, 'driving manual' is extramarital sex, I should never leave the house or be around people, there's a product called Crunk, and never say 'fuck' on live TV.

Just another week at Learning Ready Run.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”