Rejected WiiPlay Games

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 03 Jun 2007, 11:33

oh firefly.. my love... DAMN THE FOX NETWORK!!
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
robothero
First Video: Ways to drink a Coke?

Postby robothero » 03 Jun 2007, 19:37

As of this count, there are 11 copies of this on Youtube.

And the one that is the first in my search results can teach us about the proper use of keywords.

What are some of the keywords used by the loser copies that aren't top results?

Code: Select all

wii   games   nintendo   rejected
nintendo   wii   play   rejected   games   pii
Wii   gaming   LRR

Lame boring stuff. Not the kind of creative lateral thinking that garners top search results. Let's look at the first result, and see what keywords they are using?

Code: Select all

Wii   emo   sport   celebrity   nintendo   Play   Games   Shooting   Ganster   Drive   movie   by   harry   potter

Now that's attention-getting. And to be extra-helpful, they've provided a link in their description, to a site where you can fill all your Harry Potter needs. That's the kind of attention to detail that really improves your Youtube experience.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 10 Jun 2007, 22:30

http://one.revver.com/find/video/loadin ... views/desc

Rejected WiiPlay Games has passed How to Talk Like a Pirate as the most viewed video through Revver. WiiPlay took two weeks while Pirate took nine months to reach their current levels.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Little_F

Postby Little_F » 14 Jun 2007, 20:36

BIG NEWS!!

this video has made the Front Page of BREAK.COM
good job

I hope the guy who posted it will share some money with you all.
($400 Amer. i think)
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 14 Jun 2007, 21:58

Little_F wrote:BIG NEWS!!

this video has made the Front Page of BREAK.COM
good job

I hope the guy who posted it will share some money with you all.
($400 Amer. i think)

so, uhh, graham, I hope you're all fucking over break.com with a cease and desist order... or you know, at least with an "uhh, that's our fucking video, at least link to the revver one and credit us instead of watermarking it as your own and crediting some random dipshit, you knobs" or other such sternly worded e-mail.

particularly since break.com pays "...up to $2,000 if your original video is posted on our homepage." which our original video was.

-m

I am not angry at you.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 14 Jun 2007, 22:06

wow. that sucks. How can you watermark over another watermark? If only you were allowed to get the money back from them. Perhaps it could go towards the LRRmobile.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 14 Jun 2007, 22:17

tak197 wrote:wow. that sucks. How can you watermark over another watermark? If only you were allowed to get the money back from them. Perhaps it could go towards the LRRmobile.

fear not, we are on the case.

-m

I am not angry at you.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 14 Jun 2007, 22:19

yeah if worse comes to worse, you can send jer in and he can use his shaolin ninja powers to kill them.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 14 Jun 2007, 22:30

Matt wrote:
tak197 wrote:wow. that sucks. How can you watermark over another watermark? If only you were allowed to get the money back from them. Perhaps it could go towards the LRRmobile.

fear not, we are on the case.

-m

Go Matt! (And crew!)

Get that money that is rightfully yours!

DO we get to hear the full story once it's transpired?
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 15 Jun 2007, 18:31

How goes your battle with brake.com?
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Berthold

Postby Berthold » 16 Jun 2007, 05:14

Rumor has it they are going to get renamed to broken.com ^^
Rated "E" for Excellently!
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 16 Jun 2007, 13:30

so, our video is no longer up on break.com, which isn't really what I was hoping for, since even if it wasn't generating views, it was generating exposure. all in all it was viewed over 200,000 times on break. I assume that we're never going to see any of that lost revenue, but graham would know that better than I.

ironically, though, rejected wiiplay games is still on break.com, as once the original stolen version was taken down, someone else submitted it again.

but they submitted the version they stole from compfused, which stole it from us in turn, so the version that's up right now has our tag and watermark, under the "you saw it first at compfused" watermark, which itself is under the break.com wartermark.

good times.

-m

I am not angry at you.
The Pious Flea

Postby The Pious Flea » 16 Jun 2007, 14:21

Sue them.
I require a dance of intellect. Put on your thinking shoes!

Dance with us, LRR! Dance with us into oblivion!

Do not question me! I control your arms!
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 16 Jun 2007, 20:42

Matt wrote:so, our video is no longer up on break.com, which isn't really what I was hoping for, since even if it wasn't generating views, it was generating exposure. all in all it was viewed over 200,000 times on break. I assume that we're never going to see any of that lost revenue, but graham would know that better than I.

ironically, though, rejected wiiplay games is still on break.com, as once the original stolen version was taken down, someone else submitted it again.

but they submitted the version they stole from compfused, which stole it from us in turn, so the version that's up right now has our tag and watermark, under the "you saw it first at compfused" watermark, which itself is under the break.com wartermark.

good times.

-m

In summation, break.com is retarded and doesn't pay attention to submissions.
Kaworu

Postby Kaworu » 04 Jul 2007, 15:41

tak197 wrote:In summation, break.com is retarded and doesn't pay attention to submissions.

They do pay attention to anything that involves stupidity, random violence, "sexual stuff" that would be arousing to a hormones-packed teenager and otherwise anything that's interesting to those who send SMS text messages with a ratio of at least one grammar error and one "LOL" per three words with said videos to their pals.

Now, about the LRR short, I didn't stain my clothes with dust on the floor I could have rolled on while laughing, but the various jokes surely made me smile.

It is true that, as of now, a too significant number of Wii-released titles are of the depth and replay value of the rejected ones. Fortunately, it seems publishers, this fall and winter, are going to confirm the console is not only for minigames and parties.

Back to the movie, the CG was good-looking and surely adequate ; how do you guys manage to produce such stuff every week? The actors didn't have to do much, but their Wii gestures and the slightly casual, slightly astonished faces they do while "playing" were convincing. No wonder crooks are ripping the short from you and trying to earn credit from it...
"Have you seen these national test results?! This boy thinks that the capital of Ontario is ONTARIO CITY! What kind of a capital would be the name of the province again?!"
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 04 Jul 2007, 18:08

Kaworu wrote:Back to the movie, the CG was good-looking and surely adequate ; how do you guys manage to produce such stuff every week? The actors didn't have to do much, but their Wii gestures and the slightly casual, slightly astonished faces they do while "playing" were convincing. No wonder crooks are ripping the short from you and trying to earn credit from it...

Listen to the podcast for "Alex Week/Rejected WiiPlay Games". They explain how they had the time.
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 23 Jul 2007, 04:24

this video has made it to myspace:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=10969440

you may want talk to this guy, although the website can be clearly seen..
CaPpY wrote:dark_realm really is a jerk....
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 23 Jul 2007, 16:04

It's true. You guys are on the front page, and you guys got 106,000 views from there. I doubt you guys are getting credit for it. FIX IT!!!! Or at least tell me if I should be offended for you.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 23 Jul 2007, 20:41

if I were LRR(which I'll admit, I'm not, so this speculation may be quite invalid), I wouldn't mind that the video is getting loads of hits on Myspace, because it's someone else's bandwidth being used, the website is clearly visible, and the person who posted it doesn't seem to be taking any credit for the video's creation. No real downsides, and one very major upside.(this is why Red Vs. Blue have sponsor accounts for the high-res movies, and take down their videos after the end of the season.)
Deemed too hazardous for human contact.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 23 Jul 2007, 21:55

The thing is though, there are no Revver ads displayed at the end of the vids, and thus no revenue from them.
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 09 Aug 2007, 04:12

CaPpY wrote:dark_realm really is a jerk....
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 09 Aug 2007, 12:46

Stupid internet. Stealing our stuff.
god0fgod

Postby god0fgod » 09 Aug 2007, 12:53

Your version was much better Graham. No need to worry.
The Pious Flea

Postby The Pious Flea » 09 Aug 2007, 15:47

Graham wrote:Stupid internet. Stealing our stuff.

They couldn't possibly have thought of the same general idea independently, after all. [/sarcasm]

Be gracious. The same rights you assert to make videos about stuff apply to other people too, y'know. They probably didn't steal your idea - and even if they did, yours really is better. So there's no harm.
I require a dance of intellect. Put on your thinking shoes!

Dance with us, LRR! Dance with us into oblivion!

Do not question me! I control your arms!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 09 Aug 2007, 15:50

Sorry, that wasn't directed in any way at that other video.
I missed it completely.

I was referring to the guy who put our video up on the MySpace comedy page without credit.

I wouldn't have a highground for that anyway, it's not like we were the first "funny Wii games" video either.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”