The Divorce

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Pretzelcoatl
The Feathered Pretzel

Postby Pretzelcoatl » 30 Sep 2007, 23:26

Waaaait, are you gay?

Married to your work?

Ooh, do you have deep emotional scarring and can no longer find solace in a woman's sweet embrace?
"Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
~Douglas Adams
Fumbles

Postby Fumbles » 01 Oct 2007, 06:23

fucking awesome. past couple of weeks have been great

P.S Is it just me or do i foresee a whole OMG ASH HAWTNESS thing happening like kate?
"I'd like to say to all the people of Australia - Kick me, I'm different."- Ron Hitler Barassi

Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 01 Oct 2007, 08:04

Unlike Kate, Ash is legal and is not any crew member's sister.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 01 Oct 2007, 12:47

Pretzelcoatl wrote:Waaaait, are you gay?

Married to your work?

Ooh, do you have deep emotional scarring and can no longer find solace in a woman's sweet embrace?

LOL.

All of those are hilarious reasons, but not the real one. I said it was a good one, not a funny one. =P
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 01 Oct 2007, 18:52

Lord Chrusher wrote:Unlike Kate, Ash is legal and is not any crew member's sister.
This is why Graham can't ban hammer me!
i dont know what's happening anymore
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 01 Oct 2007, 20:47

When Geeks end their relationships...
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 01 Oct 2007, 20:55

go
on
plox
i dont know what's happening anymore
Johnny_Lunchbox

Postby Johnny_Lunchbox » 01 Oct 2007, 21:34

Man, I haven't posted in so long.

I've been away for ages--everything seems so small compared to how it was when I left. Then again, I suppose I was just a wee thing back then.

Oh, those were the days...

*Ahem*

Good sketch. The super-rapid cutting between the two shots of Graham at the very start (before the lawyers got involved) seemed a little off-putting, though--I originally thought it was to add an extra element of chaos to the scene, but it stops as soon as Matt comes in.

Also, I don't know what the sudden geekgasming is about; Ash was always hot.
"Yeah, I had it pretty hard growing up. I guess that's why I turned to accounting." - SB&M
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 01 Oct 2007, 21:39

She was, which is why I'm not discussing her breasts. =P

Also, welcome back, Johnny.
Fumbles

Postby Fumbles » 02 Oct 2007, 00:05

Johnny_Lunchbox wrote:Also, I don't know what the sudden geekgasming is about; Ash was always hot.

the first couple of people to mention ash's hawtness had only a couple of posts. They are just being introduced to the site. This results in more discussion by regulars who have already noted this hotness.

Wa hey welcome back johnny. Can we expect to see some more of your writing of vids?
"I'd like to say to all the people of Australia - Kick me, I'm different."- Ron Hitler Barassi

tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 02 Oct 2007, 05:14

Welcome back, oh prodigal one.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 02 Oct 2007, 08:07

To be fair, I don't think I've really commented on Ash's "hotness" before, nor was I now. I was just commenting that she had a LOT of cleavage showing.

besides, Kate's still cuter.
scorpkahnpoop

Postby scorpkahnpoop » 02 Oct 2007, 08:59

I thought this was good. What else can I say?
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 02 Oct 2007, 09:58

I wonder how people would react if things were the other way around. Like with Pull Yourself Together, if all the women on the boards started commenting on shirtless Jer.

I mean, it seems kinda creepy that everyone is like "OMG ASH IS TEH HAWT" until I think about how I would feel if all the internet ladies commented on Morgan or someone being handsome. I can't imagine Morgan thinking the ladies finding him attractive is a bad thing. Then again, maybe men finding women attractive is creepier because men have a history of being sleezeballs?

*ponders*

~Alja~
robothero
First Video: Ways to drink a Coke?

Postby robothero » 02 Oct 2007, 10:03

eiopqrtuwy wrote:surprised no one had mentioned this yet, but this video reminds me alot of the video "Consent"

Was it at all an inspiration? or do they just both happen to be parodying the same sort of thing?

EDIT: well, after watching both consecutively they were less similar than I had first imagined, but there are still some obvious similarities ....
I think the only similarity is that both have spontaneous lawyers. Lawyers are one of many things that are funnier when they appear out of thin air.

(If I had written the Consent video, the lawyers, turned on by all the dirty talk, would have started making out at the end.)
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 02 Oct 2007, 19:33

Alja-Markir wrote:I wonder how people would react if things were the other way around. Like with Pull Yourself Together, if all the women on the boards started commenting on shirtless Jer.

I mean, it seems kinda creepy that everyone is like "OMG ASH IS TEH HAWT" until I think about how I would feel if all the internet ladies commented on Morgan or someone being handsome. I can't imagine Morgan thinking the ladies finding him attractive is a bad thing. Then again, maybe men finding women attractive is creepier because men have a history of being sleezeballs?

*ponders*

~Alja~

I thought commenting on shirtless Jer was perfectly normal. Women have every right to see pleasant images as men, don't they?

Not that I can comprehend what they find "pleasant imagery."

Now, having been in the fairer sex's shoes and hit on by not one, but five men, with varying degrees of subtlety to it, I do have to admit, it's kind of annoying. I think I've toned it down since then. To be fair to the guys, I was also one of those hyperactive, playful girls who seem to get all the attention, no matter what their looks or dress. I'd say I was pretty good-looking, though.
Deemed too hazardous for human contact.
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 02 Oct 2007, 23:36

It's a tossup between the two who I'd rather sleep with, between Kate and Ash. I'll have to give this more thought.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 03 Oct 2007, 01:50

Momma always said, "I don't care who you sleep with, it's you you're staying awake with that I care about."
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
OmegaZultan

Postby OmegaZultan » 03 Oct 2007, 12:55

So very yes, I just got back from a two week trip and I am throughly pleased with this waiting for me.
--OmegaZultan--
When the world ends, Bill begins.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 03 Oct 2007, 18:41

Alja-Markir wrote:I wonder how people would react if things were the other way around. Like with Pull Yourself Together, if all the women on the boards started commenting on shirtless Jer.

That's because we were talking about how suspiciously well Jer played latent homosexuality.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 03 Oct 2007, 19:14

Tak, Yukikaze, you don't seem to be picking up on what I meant. Like at all. Read beyond the first sentence?

*grins*

~Alja~
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 03 Oct 2007, 19:15

Alja-Markir wrote:Tak, Yukikaze, you don't seem to be picking up on what I meant. Like at all. Read beyond the first sentence?

*grins*

~Alja~

I know, Alja, I know.
The Pious Flea

Postby The Pious Flea » 03 Oct 2007, 19:17

tak197 wrote:That's because we were talking about how suspiciously well Jer played latent homosexuality.

So instead of talking about how sexy Ash is, we were talking about how sexy Jer is? This is an improvement?
I require a dance of intellect. Put on your thinking shoes!

Dance with us, LRR! Dance with us into oblivion!

Do not question me! I control your arms!
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 03 Oct 2007, 19:23

The Pious Flea wrote:
tak197 wrote:That's because we were talking about how suspiciously well Jer played latent homosexuality.

So instead of talking about how sexy Ash is, we were talking about how sexy Jer is? This is an improvement?

Out of the estrogenical frying pan, into the testosteronical fire.

EDIT:

Speaking of which...

Graham, in a past podacast you said that you and Kathleen are together, yet you are the girlfriend because you have emotions. Would this video be a good portrayal of said emotion, fictional or otherwise?
robothero
First Video: Ways to drink a Coke?

Postby robothero » 11 Oct 2007, 15:43

robothero wrote:
eiopqrtuwy wrote:surprised no one had mentioned this yet, but this video reminds me alot of the video "Consent"

Was it at all an inspiration? or do they just both happen to be parodying the same sort of thing?

EDIT: well, after watching both consecutively they were less similar than I had first imagined, but there are still some obvious similarities ....
I think the only similarity is that both have spontaneous lawyers. Lawyers are one of many things that are funnier when they appear out of thin air.

(If I had written the Consent video, the lawyers, turned on by all the dirty talk, would have started making out at the end.)

One note: The Simpsons has also done spontaneous lawyers a few times. (But usually only one-sided.) I think it's cartoon logic, that as soon as the joke requires lawyers, they appear.

Further notes: That Consent video only really has the one (not very good) joke, stretched out for over 5 minutes. Once the lawyers are introduced, there is no further escalation. The completion of their negotiations is kind of anti-climactic, with the two lawyers just shaking hands and disappearing.

The Divorce has a good escalation going on, where over time, more and more people arrive to perplex Morgan, until it climaxes with Morgan shouting at Graham and losing custody. Then at the end, there is the twist that puts the preceding events in a new light. And it finishes in a little under 3 and a half minutes.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”