Assessment

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 24 Mar 2008, 14:59

kkief02 wrote:All fun stuff is unsafe :cry:

A sport ain't a real sport until it can kill you.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 24 Mar 2008, 15:01

Graham's MAYBE a B+ naked. Matt, like a C. You guys need to do pushups or something if you're going to be naked more often. D:

Morgan DID look good in that dress. He'd probably be an A. You guys have competition.

OH GOD WHAT AM I SAYING.

This video was awesome. The ending was unexpected and totally perfect.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 24 Mar 2008, 15:05

AlexanderDitto wrote:You guys need to do pushups or something if you're going to be naked more often. D:

I kind of hope that isn't an issue.
I've been losing weight for a while now, and I plan to continue with it, so thanks.
DontPanic

Postby DontPanic » 24 Mar 2008, 15:07

Go Graham go!

You and Matt were brave enough to stand nude on camera for thousands, I say that deserves our respect. Plus, you guys look good and I'm even wearing my glasses.
I am going to go watch a Image
CtMolloy

Postby CtMolloy » 24 Mar 2008, 15:10

That was great! Exactly what i needed thismorning.
I liked the motivational poster on the wall haha.
The Pious Flea

Postby The Pious Flea » 24 Mar 2008, 15:25

That was fantastic on every possible level.

Wish Graham had shaved a bit before filming, but that's nothing major. Everything about the video: awesome.

Except the ads at the end that wouldn't let me restart. I had to wait to watch it again! Grrr...

Also, all of the ads were about mental illness. The video was so crazy it confused the adbots. Nice work.

What's this? The Pious Flea is evolving!
I require a dance of intellect. Put on your thinking shoes!

Dance with us, LRR! Dance with us into oblivion!

Do not question me! I control your arms!
ad00

Postby ad00 » 24 Mar 2008, 15:41

Well I visit often enough figure I'd make a forum account...

This video is probably one of the most random things I have seen in a long time. Funny, but I have to wonder where the idea even came from. Still WTFing at it!
Nomadic
First Video: Serious Cravings

Postby Nomadic » 24 Mar 2008, 16:04

As I watched this piece of audio/visual entertainment, I could not help but laugh out loud quite enthusiastically. Though I must say, this is either the best example of complete insanity in video form, or perhaps just a peek into what Morgan is willing to do.

I'm sure if word got around that he'd pretty much be willing to do anything for a job, he'd have more than a few offers...if only to see what inane tasks they could scrounge up for him.

Oh, and the ad at the beginning was awesome...nudity for the win! You guys have it set up so that they will be attached to the video in the same way that AskANinja does (however he does it) or are they manually attached to the video itself?
Successfully lurking since 1709.
Zed Alpha

Postby Zed Alpha » 24 Mar 2008, 16:22

That dress...really didn't look good on Morgan...And it wasn't his color either. Maybe a tasteful skirt and an evening dress shirt, but not a full blown dress like that. Doesn't have the figure.
Wonderful comedy gold, sirs. And I loved the bit at the end. Can I get a job like that, please?
Frozengale wrote:You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 24 Mar 2008, 16:43

Pretzelcoatl wrote:Here is the Silly Job Interview sketch, for the uninitiated few:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1dWMIuipn_c&feature=related

Seems like it was taken as a jumping off point and LRRified to the point of no return. I approve!

Thanks for posting the link to that sketch. I'm a big Python fan so I recognized the similarities right away. I suspect LRR was giving them a nod but we probably won't know for sure until the podcast later in the week. Altho' both troupes specialize in their own unique brand of comedy & both sketches work well within them, now that I've seen the Python sketch once again I have to say that in this instance LRR's is far superior.

I believe this is the second job interview related short within four months. (both featuring a topless Matt by the way.) It makes me wonder if Assessment features some ideas that were spawned during or didn't make it into Ways to Ruin a Job Interview. Perhaps employment changes are weighing heavily upon the crew this year.

There have been comments about the ad in the beginning. I don't think that's a Revver thing. I bet Graham slapped it on the video himself. These ads I approve of. LRR isn't type to shamelessly hawk its merchandise. Like: here is our weekly update, now buy our stuff. They're more like: Yes! We made you laugh :) Oh by the way, we got shirts too. This is much more likely to get me to buy stuff.
Last edited by Evil Jim on 24 Mar 2008, 16:56, edited 1 time in total.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Flewellyn

Postby Flewellyn » 24 Mar 2008, 16:51

I have the strangest feeling that Kathleen wrote the bit about Morgan wearing a dress.

Fess up, Kathleen, you just wanted to see if he'd do it!
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 24 Mar 2008, 16:53

Fun fact: I very briefly worked at a place where they occasionally did vocational assessments. We thought this would be a funny concept, and we realized that Python had already done something similar, so we decided to do something that would make the concept our own. However, when Paul, Graham and I are writing... it gets silly.

I was originally going to have morgan being assessed on trying to teach line dancing in Japanese to a bunch of confused tourists, but that was veto'd because it was A: too silly, and B: too complicated.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
JohnyMcmuffin
THERE'S Waldo!
First Video: The Stages

Postby JohnyMcmuffin » 24 Mar 2008, 16:54

This video was hilarious. My favorite of the last little while. Great writing, and your characters were so funny. It was also timely, because I'm just now starting to look for summer employment. I wish that job was still open.
robothero
First Video: Ways to drink a Coke?

Postby robothero » 24 Mar 2008, 16:58

I don't think I would like this job. I was kind of hoping Paul would get the job at the end.

The electrical anger sound I've never seen in live action before.

I assume this is the elaborate video that you tried but failed to finish last week?
Scone

Postby Scone » 24 Mar 2008, 16:58

Can we now expect to see this advert at the introduction of every LRR video? Will there be creative alternate universe variations of the advert every now and then? Guest celebrity commercial spots?

I do not know if I would enjoy that job as say maybe the next person. I feel there are people other than myself better suited to eating pie without hands while swashbuckling in an evening gown.

And Morgan wears that dress surprisingly well.
<- <- <- <- HOPE

Image To The Lab! Image
Zed Alpha

Postby Zed Alpha » 24 Mar 2008, 17:09

Wait...Kate got a haircut...or am I just not noticing the shorter hair videos?
Frozengale wrote:You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 24 Mar 2008, 17:25

Zed Alpha wrote:Wait...Kate got a haircut...or am I just not noticing the shorter hair videos?

Kathleen.
Yes she did.
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 24 Mar 2008, 17:25

That's me you goof. You can tell because I am fat and kate is thin.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 24 Mar 2008, 17:28

i actually loled at the eveningwear, great video. didnt seem too long or too short and did you get the influence to use a riddle from the forums?
Flewellyn

Postby Flewellyn » 24 Mar 2008, 17:32

Kathleen wrote:Fun fact: I very briefly worked at a place where they occasionally did vocational assessments.

And did you always tell them to "help people actualize their material nationalism in flag form"?

Kathleen wrote:However, when Paul, Graham and I are writing... it gets silly.

You...don't...say...

Kathleen wrote:That's me you goof. You can tell because I am fat and kate is thin.

Hey, now! Don't be so down on yourself. You're very cute, really!
JohnyMcmuffin
THERE'S Waldo!
First Video: The Stages

Postby JohnyMcmuffin » 24 Mar 2008, 17:38

By they way was that a Hook reference in the sword fight?

Bad form Smee!
DJScythe15
First Video: Rejected Wii Play Games

Postby DJScythe15 » 24 Mar 2008, 17:40

Kathleen wrote:I was originally going to have morgan being assessed on trying to teach line dancing in Japanese to a bunch of confused tourists, but that was veto'd because it was A: too silly, and B: too complicated.

Too silly? NEVAR!
I tend to be overly apologetic. Sorry about that.

Game Info:
Steam: djscythe15
Pokemon White: DJScy / FC:0690-4616-8450
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 24 Mar 2008, 19:17

Kathleen wrote:That's me you goof. You can tell because I am fat and kate is thin.

If I may point out, "Busty" and "Fat" are totally different. Plus, who has been offered up as part of a lesbian encounter? Even straight girls think you're hot.

Also,Graham, Kathleen and Matt, you should just remember, no matter how "shapely" you get, you'll never be a fat Irish ginger. (Thank God Graham moved out of Morgan and Bill's BEFORE he made that ad *shudders*)
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 24 Mar 2008, 19:21

Alja-Markir wrote:He's like the David Bowie of the LRR Crew. You can't help but stare and admire, confused.

He needs more codpieces.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 24 Mar 2008, 19:32

emma wrote:
Alja-Markir wrote:He's like the David Bowie of the LRR Crew. You can't help but stare and admire, confused.

He needs more codpieces.

NO ONE needs more codpieces. EVER.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”