Uwe Boll: Decision 2008

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 21 Apr 2008, 23:31

Darkobra wrote:If I thought for a second that he'd stop making movies at a million signatures, I'd sign it a million times myself.

However, he is making so much money from this, he won't stop. If you did a half-assed job and still got paid millions, would you stop?

Well if you wanna keep some kind of dignity... nut sure how that apply on people who might not have one to begin with.

Anyway

Yet another great vid guys and gals! Keep it up!
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 21 Apr 2008, 23:59

AmazingZoidberg wrote:I would have loved to have seen the Pro-Boll counter go from 2% to 2.001% after Graham officially announced his support.

Agreed! The counter was my favourite part of the video, along with Morgan & his statistics.

DJScythe15 wrote:It showed up in the "Stop Uwe Boll" thread in the fourm weeks ago, but here's the YouTube link again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqCNmfJ1hY

Yes! He actually stooped to our level & then made an ass of himself. Thanks for the link! Oh, & I rather doubt any significant number will see his precious "Postal" because we will be too busy watching Indiana Jones which releases the day before.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 22 Apr 2008, 00:10

Really? Because I'd rather see Postal than Indiana Jones IV. Why?
Because it looks like a more entertaining movie. And I mean this as in 'intentionally entertaining,' not 'incidentally entertaining'.

And I mean this seriously.

Also, I just watched Jason X and nearly shit myself laughing.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Keith K
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Keith K » 22 Apr 2008, 00:18

Allen! wrote:Really? Because I'd rather see Postal than Indiana Jones IV.

They can both wait till BD.. I'll be playing GTAIV.

On the subject of the video; I love a good Boll lampooning. Though I have to say its always just a little sweeter when its from Boll himself. It seems, indeed, to be the man's true calling. And though I would never otherwise compare Boll to LRR, if Dr. Boll directed this week's video, it would have been better. Fucking genius even.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 22 Apr 2008, 00:44

Alja-Markir wrote:Canadians tend to know just as much about America as Americans. Frequently they actually know more about America than Americans. On top of this, they also know all about Canada, which very few Americans know anything about except for lumberjacks, hockey, and mounties.
~Alja~

Don't forget maple syrup. That one is very important.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 22 Apr 2008, 00:44

Well, computer issues like a corrupted startup file delayed my seeing this, but it's definitely an interesting piece of news I wasn't aware of.

So all we have to do is get a whole mess of people to vote him out?

Easy pickings :o
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 22 Apr 2008, 00:45

I wouldn't have such a huge issue with Boll being a bad director. But when he starts being a mysanthropic douchcock, elitist "fungdark", diluted cuntface, or any other combination of persona and genitalia, and ESPECIALLY when he is calling gamers and nerds names, I start getting pissed off.

Boll needs to get off his fucking highhorse and realize that these people whom he looks down upon for not getting his genius also happen to spend billions of dollars on video games as opposed to the small percentage of said budget on "groundbreaking film".

I say Boll works with Tom Cruise, cuz we all saw how Nicole Kidman's career sucked while she was married to him. Maybe the box office poison will rub off into Boll's coffee.

And oddly enough, in unrelated news, I have to go vote in the Pennsylvania Primaries tomorrow for the presidential race.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 22 Apr 2008, 00:49

tak, mafia thread, nao plx
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 22 Apr 2008, 01:46

would have been fun if you saw the Anti-Boll count go beyond 100% and actually see the Pro-Boll count go down
St. Ricktopher
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: Uwe Boll: Decision 2008

Postby St. Ricktopher » 22 Apr 2008, 02:24

Paul wrote:I'm beginning to think that maybe Uwe Boll is just a necessary part of the universe

I have a feeling Uwe Boll has a big role to play in the LRRmon theology.
notslade

Postby notslade » 22 Apr 2008, 02:50

i have seen a couple of his movies (house of the dead i remember, the other i don't... fortunately)

his movies are pretty bad, his attitude is worse... though, you have to give it to him, he does actually try to do a good job. he just sucks at it. he is just to full of himself to get that he does.

like a wise man once said: if one man calls you an ass, ignore him. if many, it's time to strap on that saddle.

many have, and are going to speak out against and to him. 'uwe, you suck at movies'

truth be told, maybe this should be the start of a revolution... hollywood has been fairly stagnant for many years... (well, maybe it's getting better now, not sure... :p ), and it needs a kick in the pants and a re-imaging. heck, media at large... it's the biggest nut house on the planet.

of course, maybe they are just hamming it up because the internet is so awesome and far more fun to go through, then to watch these crack-pots... except when they are a part of the show... youtube forever :p
"one form of abstinence is to not touch used dating sims"
till next...
Zed Alpha

Postby Zed Alpha » 22 Apr 2008, 04:34

Cake wrote:
Alja-Markir wrote:Canadians tend to know just as much about America as Americans. Frequently they actually know more about America than Americans. On top of this, they also know all about Canada, which very few Americans know anything about except for lumberjacks, hockey, and mounties.
~Alja~

Don't forget maple syrup. That one is very important.

Ooh! Ooh! Don't forget the fact that a few Canadians think they know all about America! That's just so pretentious that I can't even find it offensive! In fact, it's funny, Alja.

Just remember this: Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. The stupid, ignorant Americans do exist, but so do the smart Americans who actually know their history. But in greater numbers. So unless you actually can prove that we don't know about our country, stop shoving thy foot down thy throat.

Once again, wonderful video.
Frozengale wrote:You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
LS

Postby LS » 22 Apr 2008, 05:20

Excellent video; though I really must speak out and make one small criticism of the ad.

The idea, of course, was brilliant. Don't get me wrong on that count. My major issue was the casting choice. Far be it from me to say that ANY of the good looking devils on the LRR crew need help scoring with the ladies, but using Matt went beyond irony and flew straight into the realms of sheer impossibility. I just couldn't believe that Matt would ever get turned down.
Fancy Morgan: the Matt lover.
rom_ripper

Postby rom_ripper » 22 Apr 2008, 05:43

once again, Boll gets a huge, you suck kind of kick in balls. or is that bolls.<------LOOK MUM, I MADE A FUNNY!!!!

Anyway, Good vid again guys. keep up the good work.
Novak>The Legend that is.
DJScythe15
First Video: Rejected Wii Play Games

Re: Uwe Boll: Decision 2008

Postby DJScythe15 » 22 Apr 2008, 06:51

St. Ricktopher wrote:
Paul wrote:I'm beginning to think that maybe Uwe Boll is just a necessary part of the universe

I have a feeling Uwe Boll has a big role to play in the LRRmon theology.

Hmm, would he be more of a standard Devil, being of unmatched evil, or more of a Lucifer, a prideful traitor?
I tend to be overly apologetic. Sorry about that.

Game Info:
Steam: djscythe15
Pokemon White: DJScy / FC:0690-4616-8450
Zed Alpha

Postby Zed Alpha » 22 Apr 2008, 07:18

LS wrote:Excellent video; though I really must speak out and make one small criticism of the ad.

The idea, of course, was brilliant. Don't get me wrong on that count. My major issue was the casting choice. Far be it from me to say that ANY of the good looking devils on the LRR crew need help scoring with the ladies, but using Matt went beyond irony and flew straight into the realms of sheer impossibility. I just couldn't believe that Matt would ever get turned down.

Um...Also? Who was the pretty lady in the commercial?
Frozengale wrote:You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 22 Apr 2008, 07:24

Yeah, it would have been really funny if the anti-boll count would have broken 100%.
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 22 Apr 2008, 07:39

Allen! wrote:We're pretty well inundated with America culture, so we don't have a choice but to know. That and a fierce patriotism based on information available to us readily in any number of forms, such as news, music and comedy - particularly comedy, ie, Rick Mercer - help to give us a pretty good view of our neighbours to the south.

You want a good view? Here ya go:

Imagine Godzilla. Now imagine him dressed as a clown. Now imagine him hitting himself in the face with a giant mallet, forever.

Now imagine him also invading Iraq.

That's pretty much everything you need to understand recent American politics.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
DontPanic

Postby DontPanic » 22 Apr 2008, 07:39

Long live the comedic pie chart!
I am going to go watch a Image
SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 22 Apr 2008, 07:52

I just picked up Dungeon Seige a few days ago, have yet to crack it out. but I am quite excited
Bob The Magic Camel

Postby Bob The Magic Camel » 22 Apr 2008, 08:29

+6 to diplomacy? Bah! Phear me with my +20 to Smiting.

(can't be arsed to get a pic of me actually wearing it)
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Apr 2008, 08:53

tak197 wrote:"fungdark"

...yeah, you're right it doesn't work.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 22 Apr 2008, 09:25

Minor mistake in the video
Matt says PSA Uwe Boll came out in 2004. However it came out in August 2005,
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 22 Apr 2008, 10:05

Fantastic video. Love a good old Uwe Boll bash, even if Graham admits his movies are worth something!!! :D
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 22 Apr 2008, 10:50

Wait, he's a doctor??? What the heck is he a doctor of?

And also:
I think this would have been even funnier if Graham had continued to intentionally mispronounce "Uwe."
Last edited by Evil Jim on 22 Apr 2008, 14:21, edited 2 times in total.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”