Bagel Time

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
User avatar
theINC
Posts: 506
Joined: 04 Nov 2007, 02:38
Location: South Australia
Contact:

Postby theINC » 20 May 2008, 03:11

Once again, I may take several hours to download this due to dial-up speed internet, but to quote myself yet again...

theINC once wrote:YOU CAN TAKE AWAY MY BANDWIDTH, BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE MY FREEDOM!
Image
Woland owes me 10 points.
User avatar
whereibelong
Posts: 32
Joined: 10 Mar 2008, 11:11
Location: Cambridge...in England
Contact:

Postby whereibelong » 20 May 2008, 04:30

Splunge wrote:So were the statistics made up purely for the script, or are those the actual statistics regarding Canadian household injuries and bagel consumption? (ignoring, of course, the sketchy attempt to correlate the two.)


It is pure fact that every fourth bagel is dangerous, the other statistics were fabricated by a top secret government agency to cover the fact that scientists are unable to account for it. Deadly Bagel Mechanics is an area of intense research the world over...
User avatar
Unlucky
Posts: 1107
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 23:47
Location: My house, someplace, Victoria, Australia

Postby Unlucky » 20 May 2008, 05:43

theINC wrote:Once again, I may take several hours to download this due to dial-up speed internet, but to quote myself yet again...

theINC once wrote:YOU CAN TAKE AWAY MY BANDWIDTH, BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE MY FREEDOM!

Alas poor INC, I understand your pains well.

CURSE YOU AUSTRALIA! GET BETTER INTERWEBZ!!!
Graham in a locked thread wrote:Think before you post.
User avatar
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast
Posts: 5699
Joined: 04 Feb 2007, 21:03
Location: Deep In Space

Postby Alja-Markir » 20 May 2008, 08:16

whereibelong wrote:Deadly Bagel Mechanics is an area of intense research the world over...


So wait, what about Quantum Bagel Mechanics? Like the whole Quantum Beers thing, if you have a bag, there is at once both the possibility of it containing some bagels, and no bagels. And the only way to make the bagels real, is to open the bag. But what if the waveform doesn't collapse? You'd be observing your fricken head off, but it just wouldn't be actualizing. What would happen to the deadly bagels then?

~Alja~
User avatar
Flewellyn
Posts: 477
Joined: 02 Nov 2007, 13:50

Postby Flewellyn » 20 May 2008, 08:30

Alja-Markir wrote:
whereibelong wrote:Deadly Bagel Mechanics is an area of intense research the world over...


So wait, what about Quantum Bagel Mechanics? Like the whole Quantum Beers thing, if you have a bag, there is at once both the possibility of it containing some bagels, and no bagels. And the only way to make the bagels real, is to open the bag. But what if the waveform doesn't collapse? You'd be observing your fricken head off, but it just wouldn't be actualizing. What would happen to the deadly bagels then?

~Alja~


Then you'd be only MOSTLY dead.

Mostly dead...is slightly alive.

All dead, there's only one thing you can do: check 'is pockets for loose change.
User avatar
Mats
Posts: 159
Joined: 03 Aug 2007, 11:15

Postby Mats » 20 May 2008, 09:45

"Cardboard Man" comic in "Son of a Bitch"
"Son of a Bitch"-Graham in "Bagel Time"

I'm starting to see a pattern here!


///MJ
User avatar
Dominic Appleguard
Posts: 1536
Joined: 24 Apr 2008, 20:05
Location: Chicago

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 20 May 2008, 10:58

Flewellyn wrote:
Alja-Markir wrote:
whereibelong wrote:Deadly Bagel Mechanics is an area of intense research the world over...


So wait, what about Quantum Bagel Mechanics? Like the whole Quantum Beers thing, if you have a bag, there is at once both the possibility of it containing some bagels, and no bagels. And the only way to make the bagels real, is to open the bag. But what if the waveform doesn't collapse? You'd be observing your fricken head off, but it just wouldn't be actualizing. What would happen to the deadly bagels then?

~Alja~


Then you'd be only MOSTLY dead.

Mostly dead...is slightly alive.

All dead, there's only one thing you can do: check 'is pockets for loose change.


"Will it work?" "It'll take a miracle."
robothero
Posts: 256
Joined: 21 Aug 2005, 11:23
First Video: Ways to drink a Coke?
Location: winnipeg
Contact:

Postby robothero » 20 May 2008, 10:58

So this projector. Is it a slide projector or a film projector? It seems to have elements of each.
User avatar
Red Charlie
Posts: 1060
Joined: 06 Mar 2007, 16:17
Location: Northern Ireland
Contact:

Postby Red Charlie » 20 May 2008, 11:05

Its a sliding film projector.
It was really too big:

I give you this instead


.
User avatar
Graham
Super Moderator
Posts: 15038
Joined: 09 Mar 2004, 19:37
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Postby Graham » 20 May 2008, 12:08

Red Charlie wrote:Its a sliding film projector.
User avatar
Story Weaver
Posts: 17
Joined: 14 May 2006, 04:48
First Video: Quantum documentary
Location: London, UK

Postby Story Weaver » 20 May 2008, 14:48

I'm afraid I couldn't be bothered to read through the preceding pages of comments, but I just wanted to say:

This video was brilliant! One of my favourites in months. I don't know why, but there's just something about Paul in LRR videos that I find simultaneously awesome and hilarious.

Here's hoping to a video with both Graham and Paul in it. That was much more common in the early LRR days, and I still think they make a great comedy duo.

Still, love most everything the whole crew does, so can't complain!
People are often surprised by my dark side... It's a shade of sky blue.
User avatar
theINC
Posts: 506
Joined: 04 Nov 2007, 02:38
Location: South Australia
Contact:

Postby theINC » 21 May 2008, 01:21

Unlucky wrote:
theINC wrote:Once again, I may take several hours to download this due to dial-up speed internet, but to quote myself yet again...

theINC once wrote:YOU CAN TAKE AWAY MY BANDWIDTH, BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE MY FREEDOM!

Alas poor INC, I understand your pains well.

CURSE YOU AUSTRALIA! GET BETTER INTERWEBZ!!!


What's sad is that I have satellite internet, which is worse than even regular Australian internet.

My old house: ADSL1. 512kbpbs, 20GB download limit (shaped to 64kbps): $50
My current house: Satellite. 1Mbps, 1GB download limit (shaped to 28.8kbps): $55

Mega rip-off.
Image

Woland owes me 10 points.
User avatar
Cake
Magically Delicious
Posts: 4995
Joined: 16 Jun 2007, 02:48
Location: Parker, CO

Postby Cake » 21 May 2008, 02:58

Shit, son. I bet I get about 20 gigs a month on my DSL connection.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
User avatar
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast
Posts: 5699
Joined: 04 Feb 2007, 21:03
Location: Deep In Space

Postby Alja-Markir » 21 May 2008, 05:57

You'd think that satellite internet would be cheaper, what with the gaping hole in the ozone layer making transmission easier.

~Alja~
User avatar
browncoat
Posts: 552
Joined: 17 Nov 2006, 17:17
Contact:

Postby browncoat » 21 May 2008, 07:31

theINC wrote:My current house: Satellite. 1Mbps, 1GB download limit (shaped to 28.8kbps): $55


Get a modem for backup?

Btw, great video this week! ^^
Can't take the sky from me. Again.
User avatar
Splunge
Posts: 127
Joined: 27 Jan 2008, 14:34
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby Splunge » 22 May 2008, 04:27

theINC wrote:
What's sad is that I have satellite internet, which is worse than even regular Australian internet.

My old house: ADSL1. 512kbpbs, 20GB download limit (shaped to 64kbps): $50
My current house: Satellite. 1Mbps, 1GB download limit (shaped to 28.8kbps): $55

Mega rip-off.


Not all Australian internet is bad. I have ADSL2+ to my home, which at my proximity to the exchange gives me up to 18MBit (with around a 50GB limit before shaping, IIRC) at $60
Fun is the feedback the brain gives while successfully absorbing a pattern - Raph Koster
I'm think I might be indirectly responsible for Bagel Time!
User avatar
Sable
The Master Chef
Posts: 2040
Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 15:39
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 22 May 2008, 10:28

Right now I'm using AT&T's WiMAX service here in Juneau...It's supposed to be 1.0Mb/1.0Mb with no limit or shaping, but I usually only get around 1.0/400k.
User avatar
Dominic Appleguard
Posts: 1536
Joined: 24 Apr 2008, 20:05
Location: Chicago

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 22 May 2008, 10:37

Sable wrote:Right now I'm using AT&T's WiMAX service here in Juneau...It's supposed to be 1.0Mb/1.0Mb with no limit or shaping, but I usually only get around 1.0/400k.


Is it true that if you get far enough away from Juneau the roads just stop?
User avatar
TyGuy88
Posts: 12
Joined: 31 May 2007, 17:05
Location: Victoria, B.C.

Postby TyGuy88 » 22 May 2008, 11:57

Ha ha I believe I work in the same bakery that made those bagles.

Can we expect an Indiana Jones video next week?
Ender: No luck sarge, he "says" he doesn't know.
(WACK)
Moody: Suppose we try again...
User avatar
Sable
The Master Chef
Posts: 2040
Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 15:39
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 22 May 2008, 14:52

Dominic Appleguard wrote:
Sable wrote:Right now I'm using AT&T's WiMAX service here in Juneau...It's supposed to be 1.0Mb/1.0Mb with no limit or shaping, but I usually only get around 1.0/400k.


Is it true that if you get far enough away from Juneau the roads just stop?


Juneau is bordered on three sides by water and one side by an entire mountain range.

You can only get here by boat or plane, so...yes? You don't have to drive that far before there isn't any road. Every road and street in Juneau, laid end-to-end, is less than 120 miles.
Triangular
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Nov 2006, 11:05
First Video: Quantum Documentary
Location: Your head

Postby Triangular » 22 May 2008, 15:25

Hilarious! I was laughing out loud
I really like the logic used for determing how many bagel deaths there are in one year.
Great ending too
Please make more like this!!
Always speak your mind, those that matter wont mind,
and those that mind, don't matter
User avatar
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
Posts: 19383
Joined: 29 Oct 2006, 12:19
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: In Limbo.
Contact:

Postby Master Gunner » 22 May 2008, 15:32

Today in bio it was mentioned that Tim Horton's donuts have less calories than the muffins, soo... "It's donut time, it's donut time, hey everybody it's donut time!". What made it even better was I have a friend in that class who watches this site, and was kind enough to counter for me. And I had a labcoat on hand.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
User avatar
Dominic Appleguard
Posts: 1536
Joined: 24 Apr 2008, 20:05
Location: Chicago

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 22 May 2008, 18:52

Sable wrote:You can only get here by boat or plane, so...yes? You don't have to drive that far before there isn't any road. Every road and street in Juneau, laid end-to-end, is less than 120 miles.


I wondered, because I met an Alaskan a while back and I guessed he might have exaggerated. There aren't even any trains into Canada or something? It's the Swiss solution...
User avatar
Keanan
Posts: 14
Joined: 25 Apr 2008, 20:46
Location: Florida, US
Contact:

Postby Keanan » 23 May 2008, 17:10

Is there a high quality source for the deadly bagel sign? I kind of want to use that in a avatar and perhaps a sig :D
LRR Graphical Signature in Development.

| DeviantArt | Twitter | Blog | Website |
User avatar
Graham
Super Moderator
Posts: 15038
Joined: 09 Mar 2004, 19:37
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Postby Graham » 23 May 2008, 21:51

Keanan wrote:Is there a high quality source for the deadly bagel sign?

Image

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests