An Interview with Uwe Boll

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

An Interview with Uwe Boll

Postby Paul » 26 May 2008, 16:54

Yes, it really is Uwe Boll. No, we did not have to drug him or engage the services of a group of shady mercenaries to get him to do the interview.

The full thing is about 45 minutes long, but we have edited together the highlights. By "we", I mean Graham.

The real question is, does Uwe Boll being totally normal and reasonable make his movies seem worse, or better?

As noted in the description, we realize that this video is very long and not really funny, but we thought it was fascinating and figured you guys might too. Also it's our site, so we can do whatever the fuck we want. We will return you to your regularly scheduled hilarious comedy next week.
Valandil

Postby Valandil » 26 May 2008, 16:58

Holy crap. How the hell did you manage to get Uwe Boll to do this? That's bloody impressive.

Any chance that the full, unedited thing might be posted as a bonus video? I'd be interested to watch it.

EDIT: I've now watched it fully, and I am very impressed. A lot of what he says is very true: Hollywood does tend to produce 6 or 7 versions per season of the same kind of film. Even the reasoning behind his inflammatory responses to critics has a kind of logic to it: getting rid of it so that he's not dwelling on it all the time.

Having never seen an Uwe Boll film to date, I will be attempting to see Postal if it ever does come to England, since I certainly respect the filmmaker more than I have done in the past, since before now all I've really known of him is that he doesn't respond to criticism in a very graceful way. He's definitely earned respect from me even if I dislike that way of responding. He's intelligent, and perceptive.
Last edited by Valandil on 26 May 2008, 17:22, edited 2 times in total.
Wraith wrote:WHY DOES THIS KEEP GETTING HARDER?!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 26 May 2008, 17:00

I just finished watching it on Revver, and I have to say it's extremely fascinating. Uwe Boll here seems like a normal, fairly intelligent person, who is simply playing his bad rep and what is expected of him. I have to say, I have a lot more respect for Dr. Boll now.

I'm guessing that an extended version will be on the DVD, and I look forward to that as well.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
DJScythe15
First Video: Rejected Wii Play Games

Postby DJScythe15 » 26 May 2008, 17:05

:shock:
HOLY SHI-

Are you sure no tranquilizers were involved in getting him to do this? Now to continue watching after being utterly shocked.

Edit: Okay, now, upon viewing more of the video, I now no longer have a sort of anger/annoyance/whatever towards him. Sure, I can still see a smidge of his ego, but its good to see him speaking in a calm and normal matter; if anything, I think Boll's bad rep was caused by some poor publicity choices, such as many of the pre-Postal videos and the boxing matches. Thanks to you guys, I now see him as what's important: a normal person. Thank you. ^_^
Last edited by DJScythe15 on 26 May 2008, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
I tend to be overly apologetic. Sorry about that.

Game Info:
Steam: djscythe15
Pokemon White: DJScy / FC:0690-4616-8450
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 26 May 2008, 17:13

Holy Shit!
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 26 May 2008, 17:18

I don't know how you did it, but kudos. I think his story needed to be told.

I started out thinking... "Oh, no. More Boll-shit." Finished thinking... "Wow, Impressive. Great interview, Graham."
Last edited by 2stepz on 26 May 2008, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
Hero of Canton

Postby Hero of Canton » 26 May 2008, 17:21

Quick! Someone who is not me, post this on IMDB!
Heh? Meh.
Bento

Postby Bento » 26 May 2008, 17:22

Well great, thanks to you guys I want to see Postal now.
When the God's wish to punish us, they answer our prayers -Oscar Wilde
blazingarrow

Postby blazingarrow » 26 May 2008, 17:24

Sweet came on the site hit refresh for some reason when it was loaded and BAM! new video.

All I can say is its an impressive interview, and it totally changed my opinion on Uwe Boll. He seems like a pretty normal guy now.

Anyway, nice job on getting the interview. :P
MIT FTW
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 26 May 2008, 17:25

ME AND ALLENS IDOL!
i dont know what's happening anymore
Lacerta
Affable Marmot
First Video: How to Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Lacerta » 26 May 2008, 17:27

I still don't want to see Postal, but kudos on the interesting interview.
semper fidelis tyrannosaurus
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 26 May 2008, 17:32

YOU SON OF A BITCH

I WOULD WORSHIP THE GRAND YOU FUCKING WALK ON IF YOU HAD CALLED ME AND BEEN LIKE "Hey, Allen, I'm going to interview Uwe Boll. Would you like a late birthday present and to COME FUCKING MEET YOUR HERO OF ETERNITY!?!"

God dammit.

Also, awesome.

I fucking love Uwe Boll. He's amazing.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 26 May 2008, 17:34

Wow, Matt should really be proud. This is the best acting we've gotten out of him yet.

I don't know why he decided to cultivate an Uwe Boll impression, nor why he honed it to such perfection, but I'm genuinely impressed that he pulled it off.

The script needed some work, though. All drama, no funny. The excellent acting more than makes up for the shoddy writing in my view.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
hypno_toad

Postby hypno_toad » 26 May 2008, 17:36

Damn you Graham. Why did you have to go and humanize this guy? Couldnt you just let me hate him in peace? He was actually speaking coherently and with some amount of sense. I'm truely amazed.
Vadim

Postby Vadim » 26 May 2008, 17:36

Amazing interview. Gives me a very different opinion of the man.
Hawkaris

Postby Hawkaris » 26 May 2008, 17:37

He comes across as a really well funded independent film maker. I almost want to go see Postal, just to "stick it to the man". Too bad it isn't playing on a screen within five hours of here.
StoneageRocker
Ret-con'd: Correct

Postby StoneageRocker » 26 May 2008, 17:37

Did he come to you, or did you go to him?
In England.........

Lavos
Lavos

Postby Lavos » 26 May 2008, 17:38

Allen! wrote:YOU SON OF A BITCH

I WOULD WORSHIP THE GRAND YOU FUCKING WALK ON IF YOU HAD CALLED ME AND BEEN LIKE "Hey, Allen, I'm going to interview Uwe Boll. Would you like a late birthday present and to COME FUCKING MEET YOUR HERO OF ETERNITY!?!"

God dammit.

Also, awesome.

DUDE I LIVE IN VANCOUVER TOO, I COULDA SHOWED UP.
RainbowToeSocks

Postby RainbowToeSocks » 26 May 2008, 17:39

I have to say, after watching that interview I don't know how to feel about him. I always had a weird feeling of... well I wouldn't say hate... but strong dislike towards him. Although now, I sort of agree with what he said and I feel bad for him...

I think my world has imploded...
Polycyclohexylene Dimethylene Terephthalate
TonberryTea

Postby TonberryTea » 26 May 2008, 17:42

Found this to be rather interesting, the full video would be nice to see though, and woo go graham and kathleen
With a hint of lemony goodness
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 26 May 2008, 17:43

Wow, that was interesting, I thought it would just be a crazy rant, but he wasn't rude or anything and it really changed my opinion of him.
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 26 May 2008, 17:46

Lavos wrote:

God dammit.

Also, awesome.

Fuck man. That hurts. We totally coulda been there, at least to say hey, and tell him how awesome we thought he was, in spite of everyone else being a douchebag.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 26 May 2008, 17:47

Jesus. After actually watching it, my opinion of him has totally changed. What he does actually makes sense now, and I think it's pretty damn cool. Graham for the win.
I second the request for a full video. I think it would be really cool to see the entire interview, seeing as even just that part was really fascinating.

Just wanted to add, if Postal does come to Seattle or I ever get a chance to see it, I plan on seeing it. I'm pretty sure the other 5000+ people that will undoubtedly watch this would do the same, not only does hearing more about it seem great, but I kind of want to support Uwe Boll now..

...Stop brainwashing us!
Last edited by JesterJ. on 26 May 2008, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Lavos
Lavos

Postby Lavos » 26 May 2008, 17:47

Allen! wrote:
Lavos wrote:

God dammit.

Also, awesome.

Fuck man. That hurts. We totally coulda been there, at least to say hey, and tell him how awesome we thought he was, in spite of everyone else being a douchebag.
I know! I coulda gotten an autograph, maybe a few pictures and a beer with him! This blows.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 26 May 2008, 18:00

Allen, Lavos...

He LIVES in Vancouver. Just hang out at a Starbucks in Kitsilano and you're bound to run into him.
Besides, it came together in a matter of hours, so I didn't have time to tell anyone.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”