The Return of the Bill

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 15 Jul 2008, 09:26

Graham wrote:Also, I was up to my balls in green screen effects shots.

We all know your balls can take it.

Yay for Bill. Man I loved this video. I have to say the last couple of weeks I didn't find so funny (canada day doesn't pander to me anyway just Canadians.. pfft, and Sacred Duty just disturbed me).

But nice to see LRR writing back on the sublime and weird comedy again huzzah!
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

AeroCmdr
Requires Additional Pylons

Postby AeroCmdr » 15 Jul 2008, 09:27

So very very epic. Great job on the video!
florn
It's Over 2000!!!

Postby florn » 15 Jul 2008, 09:28

That naruto bit was classic. Good stuff.
OmegaZultan

Postby OmegaZultan » 15 Jul 2008, 09:36

Lyinginbedmon wrote:Also, just a nitpick back: Tsunade is the Fifth Hokage, I'd be somewhat surprised if he doesn't end up being responsible for her demise.

Spoilers for you if you don't read the manga:

Itachi killed Orochimaru for good in his final battle with Sasuke(curing him of the cursed seal), so no Orochimaru won't be responsible for that.

I loved the video best in a good while IMO, the third hokage thing urked me a BIT but the whole Naruto joke as a whole was still awesome.
--OmegaZultan--
When the world ends, Bill begins.
AzracTheUnstable

Postby AzracTheUnstable » 15 Jul 2008, 09:39

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! JUDGEMENT... BILL!
Misty wrote:Azrac happens to have a fuckwin avatar.
The_Russ

Postby The_Russ » 15 Jul 2008, 09:43

Is it just me, or did the (Paul) Ninja's shout "Buttscratcher" whilst running at Bill?
Bring on the trumpits!
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 15 Jul 2008, 09:45

oh jesus christ. I don't care how big a narutard you are, the fifth hokage thing should not affect your enjoyment of this video at all.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 15 Jul 2008, 09:45

The Kinda Second Zack wrote:Oh, and LRR has officially missed an update (not the first time).

I wouldn't say that. They've released at least one new video without fail every week for nigh on to four years; sometimes more. It may take the equipment past midnite to upload the video to Revver & then to the LRR main page but it's not due to any human error. Personally, I give them the whole week. Monday may be the norm but if the video goes up on Tuesday or even Wednesday it's still the official update for that week & doesn't break their record.

korri wrote:i also watched it again... and damned if all the ninjas aren't paul... also his name is in the credits four times...

Holy cats, I didn't realize it was Paul until I saw the comments. He is a good ninja.

So yes, the video was awsome indeed. Worth waiting up 'till 4AM to see, even if it was overnite before I could finally comment.

Dialogue in the green screen scenes sound like it was recorded in a small room. Watch out for that.

I thought Jer wasn't allowed to play Street Fighter anymore due to Dr's orders. Of course, that may be why he suggests other people who could play with Bill.

And yes, it's good to have you back, Bill. It's good to have you back.

So... if he started out fighting ninjas in SanFran, wasn't he still working illegally?
Last edited by Evil Jim on 15 Jul 2008, 10:06, edited 1 time in total.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 15 Jul 2008, 09:54

Why was I only able to see it now?
AWESOME!
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
forty6andtwo

Postby forty6andtwo » 15 Jul 2008, 10:00

I just wanted to say that Paul and Pauls' performances were good, but Paul definitely outshone them both on screen. Also Paul's performance was totally lackluster, he should take acting lessons from Paul. BTW did anyone mention the green-screen work :wink: this time around? I say old bean, good show, show.

P.S. Paul if you read this, my girfriend totally gets ur mixed game pads jokes and rofl's every time at them, such a gamer-girl, mmmm.
~~Out of work drummer in Victoria looking for a band to play with, inquire within~~
Valandil

Postby Valandil » 15 Jul 2008, 10:03

Matt wrote:Toast isn't cannon.

A cannon made out of toast would be interesting.

Video was epic victory -- well worth the short wait. Also, was Paul in this one? I couldn't tell.
Wraith wrote:WHY DOES THIS KEEP GETTING HARDER?!
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 15 Jul 2008, 10:24

Valandil wrote:

Video was epic victory -- well worth the short wait. Also, was Paul in this one? I couldn't tell.

Canon.

D:

-m

I am not angry at you.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 15 Jul 2008, 10:26

Matt wrote:
Valandil wrote:

Canon.

D:

-m

Spelling errors are no big deal. A toast cannon, though, is a big deal. Now I'm hungry.
Ganondorf

Postby Ganondorf » 15 Jul 2008, 10:27

Great video. Nice job on the special effects. Naruto thing was funny too.
RoomKeyNinja

Postby RoomKeyNinja » 15 Jul 2008, 10:28

Misty wrote:- When Nathan pointed out to release the ninja horde, I instinctively shouted "OBJECTION!" without thinking about it x3

Seconded.

Also, clearly this is going to take more ninjas to take Bill down then we thought. I need to find my Paul cloning machine..
Is eternally grateful to Misty for this .gif
Also plotting how to destroy Bill, as all Ninjas should
Frozengale

Postby Frozengale » 15 Jul 2008, 10:31

Really liked that one. Best part is when Paul has the long scarf and Bill just grabs it. I love the whole spiel about Ninjas in the corporate empires screwing everything up.

So does this make Bill a samurai or just the luckiest guy that happened to get a sword?
If I ever come up with something witty or interesting I'm not going to display it in plain sight for you buffoons to steal away.
Zack

Postby Zack » 15 Jul 2008, 10:50

Evil Jim wrote:
The Kinda Second Zack wrote:Oh, and LRR has officially missed an update (not the first time).

I wouldn't say that. They've released at least one new video without fail every week for nigh on to four years; sometimes more. It may take the equipment past midnite to upload the video to Revver & then to the LRR main page but it's not due to any human error. Personally, I give them the whole week. Monday may be the norm but if the video goes up on Tuesday or even Wednesday it's still the official update for that week & doesn't break their record.

I suppose your right. According to Graham (in the "Video" thread), it's a video a week, not a video every Monday. I'll accept this because he's Graham, but a lot of things lead people to believe that updates are on Mondays ("Hilarious sketch comedy every monday", the Super Secret Surprise video...).

Also, thanks for being mature about this. I appreciate it.
DontPanic

Postby DontPanic » 15 Jul 2008, 10:57

Matt wrote:oh jesus christ. I don't care how big a narutard you are, the fifth hokage thing should not affect your enjoyment of this video at all.

-m

QFT

Great to see Bill back, awesome story and well executed. Get it, executed? Because Bill killed so many n- ok im done.
I am going to go watch a Image
ylsesalra

Postby ylsesalra » 15 Jul 2008, 10:57

I tend to read the credits first, and when I saw Paul's name 4 times, I thought it was a mistake, but then I saw all the Paulninjas, and just cracked up. :D
Eleven, important number. Prime number. One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 15 Jul 2008, 11:00

The Kinda Second Zack wrote:
Evil Jim wrote:

I suppose your right. According to Graham (in the "Video" thread), it's a video a week, not a video every Monday. I'll accept this because he's Graham, but a lot of things lead people to believe that updates are on Mondays ("Hilarious sketch comedy every monday", the Super Secret Surprise video...).

Also, thanks for being mature about this. I appreciate it.

We update weekly. Our scheduled day to update is monday, however if we are unable to get it up on monday the video is not "missed" it is "late". Frequently, late updates are a result of the fact that we rely on a 3rd party to host our videos, and they operate on their own, unpredictable, schedule. The video was uploaded to Revver in plenty of time to be posted on monday. That they took 12 hours to encode and post it is out of our hands.

-m

I am not angry at you.
forty6andtwo

Postby forty6andtwo » 15 Jul 2008, 11:08

btw matt what wow server are you on?
~~Out of work drummer in Victoria looking for a band to play with, inquire within~~
N3RV3

Postby N3RV3 » 15 Jul 2008, 11:08

does this mean bill is working for the pirates?
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 15 Jul 2008, 11:09

forty6andtwo wrote:btw matt what wow server are you on?

dark iron

-m

I am not angry at you.
DontPanic

Postby DontPanic » 15 Jul 2008, 11:09

I believe the crew is on Zuluhed.

edit: well im stupid
I am going to go watch a Image
forty6andtwo

Postby forty6andtwo » 15 Jul 2008, 11:14

I'm on one of the worst servers in the game; Eredar. But I cant afford $100.00 to xfer all 4 of my 70's, as well I'm running a guild and were actually progressing somewhat, can't bail now.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”