Skeletor's Dick

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Keith K
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Keith K » 06 Aug 2008, 08:29

Geoff is a fucking kick ass guitarist. What else have Bag Fries done? I wanna hear more.
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 06 Aug 2008, 08:57

This wasn't really in my area of likability.

Dick jokes are kinda middle-school, and the fact that it was about Skeletor's dick made it sound like a bad 80's rock song. :/

Meh.
I can't think of a signature.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 06 Aug 2008, 09:02

CyberTractor wrote:and the fact that it was about Skeletor's dick made it sound like a bad 80's rock song.

sooo... mission succeeded..?

-m

I am not angry at you.
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 06 Aug 2008, 09:08

Matt wrote:
sooo... mission succeeded..?

-m

Quebec Foxtrot Tango, over.
Semerus

Postby Semerus » 06 Aug 2008, 09:12

Surely for skeletor to have a dick it must have been masive before he got all skeltory, as like animals with huge dongs have bones in their penis, such as whales. Whereas we dont, as we arent as well hung as a sperm whale ;p So like the line, middle sized man ness is inacurate. Unless it is in relation to whales, which would be pretty awesome...
roseneko

Postby roseneko » 06 Aug 2008, 09:17

Coming a bit late to the party, but since opinion seems to be split, I'll throw my hat into the "somewhere between giggle-worthy and gut-bustingly hilarious" ring. Yes, it's juvenile, but since when is that a crime? Who cares if it's highbrow or lowbrow? If you find it funny, great. If not, you've only lost a few minutes of your time. The internets are pretty hit-and-miss, in case you hadn't noticed.

I'm with Graham on this one. Quit taking it all so seriously.
Telekenesis

Postby Telekenesis » 06 Aug 2008, 09:36

Am I just being completely oblivious, or was this an actual song before LRR did this video?

T-Shirt ad;
Best one yet!

"Coverage you can trust!"

Wow. Rofl.
Graham wrote:Clearly I'm dancing like a ninny intentionally.

Graham wrote:It's a lot of phun.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 06 Aug 2008, 09:49

It was an actual song written by Geoff and Pat before we did this video.

-m

I am not angry at you.
bopstez_stunt_double
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby bopstez_stunt_double » 06 Aug 2008, 10:49

Where do i find a copy of this song.... Its fuckin' awesome
Geoff
First Video: Probably the first one.

Postby Geoff » 06 Aug 2008, 11:01

Is this possibly one of the most controversial LRR videos yet? If ever we released a DVD single of the video, I would imagine that the cover would contain a quote along the lines of "Redefines low-brow..."

For all of those offended, the original purpose of the song was to combine Dio with Linkin Park and to spoof old 80s cartoons. We felt that going over the top was justified as the subject matter was just too ridiculous not too. I'll add that the concept of the video came waaaay after the actual writing and subsequent recording of the song (possibly a one year difference in itself. The song was toned down and edited severly from a rambling first draft.)

I can see how the song (especially in light of the video concept) could be seen as a homophobic rant on seeing your mate's penis. However, I believe it was Graham who nailed it when he said something to the effect of Skeletor's dick being so terrifying in-and-of-itself that it is akin to gazing into the Ark of the Covenant. Basically, don't do it. The song was written about 3 or maybe 4 years ago, and in hindsight, my slightly older (maybe not wiser) self can see how the "rape" line could be in bad taste. If I could do anything differently I would probably at least change that line or reword it differently. Besides that, I stand by our lyrics. Take a gander at any hardcore death-metal lyrics and tell me if they don't already sound like spoofs already. Not too mention, our lyrics are almost Disney-esque compared to say, someone like "Cannibal Corpse". And for the record, I have nothing against their lyrics either. Vile stuff to be sure and it doesn't exactly earn it's share of space on my ipod either, but I certainly respect their art.

What I can't understand is the outspoken hate for the video. Granted, it's understandable that this song/video is not for everyone, but do people really need to go out of their way to talk about how mediocre it is? If you don't like the song, cool...I can dig it. But Graham obviously put his heart and soul into the shooting and editing of this video. I'm glad that a few people have pointed out the quality of the actual video, despite their distaste for the song, so cheers to you guys. It was meant as simple infectuous fun, and for me that really shines through in the video.

All I can say is that it was a blast writing the song with Pat ages ago, and making the video was an experience that I'll never forget. "Watch it GROOOOOOW!"

Geoff
"Hahahaha...you think this is the real Quaid?...........IT IS!"

http://www.myspace.com/geoffhowe
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 06 Aug 2008, 11:44

Geoff wrote:What I can't understand is the outspoken hate for the video. Granted, it's understandable that this song/video is not for everyone, but do people really need to go out of their way to talk about how mediocre it is?

Hope my comment wasn't one of them that inspired that. It was a good video and a good song, just not my type.
I can't think of a signature.
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 06 Aug 2008, 11:46

Geoff wrote:Is this possibly one of the most controversial LRR videos yet?
No, that would probably be "Morgan's Problem" - a video that also dealt with various intimate aspects of Morgan's physiology, as it happens.

Hmmm... I'm sensing a theme.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
Optimistic Pessimist

Postby Optimistic Pessimist » 06 Aug 2008, 11:59

That was....Unexpected. Great video, very well done. Better than most music videos by far. So what if its not a "Proper" LRR video, enjoy the varity.
The song is awesome. I cant stop playing it. It's about a villians penis and not gay.
Is there someone restraining Morgan from being nude on camera? Coz if there isn't then the trend might be that he needs one soon.
Optimist-“The glass is half full”, Pessimist-“The glass is half empty”, Me-“Who's been drinking my beer?!?!"

"Don't worry ma'm I'm from The Internet!"
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 06 Aug 2008, 12:07

Geoff wrote:What I can't understand is the outspoken hate for the video. Granted, it's understandable that this song/video is not for everyone, but do people really need to go out of their way to talk about how mediocre it is?

That isn't hatred. It's indifference, shading downward into disapproval.

Which is much worse for you, I suppose - hatred is at least a passion.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
Optimistic Pessimist

Postby Optimistic Pessimist » 06 Aug 2008, 12:13

Why do i get the strange feeling that people think if they moan about this video enough that it will echo back in time so that it was never made?!
Get over it! if you liked it than good, if you didn't then there is always the next video.
Optimist-“The glass is half full”, Pessimist-“The glass is half empty”, Me-“Who's been drinking my beer?!?!"

"Don't worry ma'm I'm from The Internet!"
Geoff
First Video: Probably the first one.

Postby Geoff » 06 Aug 2008, 12:17

Melendwyr wrote:

?

I hope this is just good natured sarcasm.
"Hahahaha...you think this is the real Quaid?...........IT IS!"

http://www.myspace.com/geoffhowe
huddlehouseninja

Postby huddlehouseninja » 06 Aug 2008, 13:51

I loved this!! It reminded me of the Brandon DiCamillo song about Skeletor & Beastman but a lot less ummmmm homoerotic.

*snort* Morgan's butt.. teehee.. :oops:
Freestyle Lumberjack

Postby Freestyle Lumberjack » 06 Aug 2008, 14:39

Will an mp3 be uploaded anytime?
Ben

Postby Ben » 06 Aug 2008, 14:53

Geoff wrote:
Melendwyr wrote:That isn't hatred. It's indifference, shading downward into disapproval.

?

Ya, no kidding. That'd be a pretty dick thing to say otherwise.

As for anyone saying that this isn't LRR, what is your definition of a quintessential LRR video? They're all different, that's what's great about it. Yes there are a lot of sketch's, there are many X ways to Y, and there have been a few music videos. Just because it's being made by LRR doesn't mean it has to be RoFL funny, it also doesn't -have- to be anything in particular, the goal is to make something entertaining and provide an outlet for our group's artistic (sometimes autistic?) side.

There was someone who mentioned that it was like "ordering a hamburger and getting pizza", I'd say it's more like seeing a sign that says "Free Stuff", and then when you get there it's PURE GOLD!
RoomKeyNinja

Postby RoomKeyNinja » 06 Aug 2008, 14:57

Geoff wrote:
Melendwyr wrote:

?

I'm kind of hoping so as well. That's pretty harsh.

I didn't think this video is up my alley, but you can't please everyone. Still, you guys definitely did a good job, and a lot of people find this funny. Sorry the internets seem to be particularly vicious this week.

I'd still like to see you guys on LRR occasionally. Without the surprise factor, I think it might go a great deal more smoothly.
Is eternally grateful to Misty for this .gif
Also plotting how to destroy Bill, as all Ninjas should
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 06 Aug 2008, 15:06

forkbomb! wrote:
Dr Frankenjam wrote:Would Skeletor even have a penis? Aren't penises devoid of bone?

Perhaps these insights need to be added to the relevant wikipedia article.

The fact that wikipedia has a 900 word article about whether Skeletor has a neck or not reassures me of its value.

It wouldn't really matter though, since he's always depicted as having a full flesh-and-blood body.
spartanhelmet wrote:Read the wiki page, and weep salty tears for Pat.

LRRwiki wrote:Morgan (As the hooded Skeletor) appears literally butt-naked in this video.
I wrote that, what it means is that his butt is naked. Hence, literally butt-naked. He has a hand infront, so there may be a covering of some kind to preserve Pat's sanity afterwards.

I asked a while ago, where does James appear "literally butt-naked"?
Fuzzyfreaker
First Video: CSI: CSI

Postby Fuzzyfreaker » 06 Aug 2008, 15:15

I find it quite strange, and somewhat amusing that there is such a controversy over this. It's a video. It's funny. And that's... it.

Took me a second time through to pick up on all the awesome lines, but yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing more of this. It was very well put together.

And please, do continue with the argument, I need something to read while I'm waiting for 196 computers to defragment.

4%. We're gonna be here for a while.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 06 Aug 2008, 15:25

Ben wrote:There was someone who mentioned that it was like "ordering a hamburger and getting pizza", I'd say it's more like seeing a sign that says "Free Stuff", and then when you get there it's PURE GOLD!

My favourite quote of the day.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 06 Aug 2008, 15:32

Ben wrote:There was someone who mentioned that it was like "ordering a hamburger and getting pizza", I'd say it's more like seeing a sign that says "Free Stuff", and then when you get there it's PURE GOLD!

Yeah, but that's the case with every week at LoadingReadyRun
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 06 Aug 2008, 16:19

So to further that analogy then...we've gotten used to the PURE GOLD!, and this week we were given an equal (if not greater) amount of PURE URANIUM!, which scares the people who think radiation=evil, even when (as in the case of uranium) it isn't even harmful, just slightly warm to the touch. It has the same or greater monetary value, put some people find it a bit scary.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”