Skeletor's Dick

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
User avatar
Cake
Magically Delicious
Posts: 4995
Joined: 16 Jun 2007, 02:48
Location: Parker, CO

Postby Cake » 06 Aug 2008, 23:45

Graham wrote:
Geoff wrote:Gawd help us if we ever decided to make a video for "Orbiting Orson"...

Pfff, I can barely imagine what would happen if we adapted the LoadingReadyLIVE sketch "Pride & Seek".

Actually, I want to do "Orbiting Orson" next time Pat's in town.

DO WANT. BOTH.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
User avatar
Cake
Magically Delicious
Posts: 4995
Joined: 16 Jun 2007, 02:48
Location: Parker, CO

Postby Cake » 06 Aug 2008, 23:46

I think this topic is hilarious, because some people that loved Superbad are now saying they are above dick jokes. Get over yourselves, people.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
User avatar
Corax
Hangleyman
Posts: 1926
Joined: 04 Mar 2007, 14:46
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Postby Corax » 07 Aug 2008, 00:10

im strongly against being a "comedy snob". i try to watch something and be unbiased, if i laugh, that means its funny, i never try to supress laughter because its so primal in a way, and opening your mind to more comedy can only broaden your sense of what you think is funny, i like tons of different types of comedy for different reasons. with that said, i still didn't love this weeks video, but its not like i hated it. you can say "this video wasn't funny" but please don't try and say "this video wasn't funny because dick jokes are low-brow and are not funny" because its all your opinion anyways, and the 2nd just makes you sound bad.
Image
Michiel
Posts: 41
Joined: 09 May 2008, 13:25
Location: The Hague

Postby Michiel » 07 Aug 2008, 01:45

edit
Last edited by Michiel on 26 Oct 2008, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
StoneageRocker
Ret-con'd: Correct
Posts: 193
Joined: 26 Dec 2006, 11:23
Location: Over there!

Postby StoneageRocker » 07 Aug 2008, 02:01

Dear lord I simply cannot believe that this video has generated the previous 8 pages.

All I have to say on the matter is comedy is comedy, for example I'm not a fan of Slapstick comedy but that doesn't mean Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, Laurel and Hardy and the Three Stooges didn't make good comedy it just isn't my kind of thing.

Question: It looks like it was filmed in a car park, is it the same one from The Deal?
In England.........

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
StoneageRocker
Ret-con'd: Correct
Posts: 193
Joined: 26 Dec 2006, 11:23
Location: Over there!

Postby StoneageRocker » 07 Aug 2008, 02:05

Also don't think I've mentioned how awesome the video looked
In England.........



Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Elomin Sha
Posts: 15773
Joined: 22 Feb 2008, 05:14
First Video: Max Effect
Location: Woodford Green, England
Contact:

Postby Elomin Sha » 07 Aug 2008, 04:41

Excellent video, one of the best ones on this site in my view. Seamless, professional look and catchy song.
User avatar
spartanhelmet
Posts: 1072
Joined: 01 Aug 2008, 22:21
Location: Perth, Phailstralia
Contact:

Postby spartanhelmet » 07 Aug 2008, 05:19

Elomin Sha wrote:catchy song.


I was fine when the video came out... I'm scared since it's been stuck in my head for the last couple of hours.

So when are the uber shawts from James going up on the blog?
User avatar
Emperor Gum
Posts: 2110
Joined: 24 May 2008, 20:02
First Video: Moving Out
Location: Cheltenham, UK
Contact:

Postby Emperor Gum » 07 Aug 2008, 06:02

Semerus wrote:Emperor Gum, considering you are severly british...


I'm glad you noticed, comrade. I don't know why I felt the need to post this.
Image
User avatar
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
Posts: 8913
Joined: 29 Apr 2005, 22:53
First Video: Door to Door
Location: In England.

Postby Lord Chrusher » 07 Aug 2008, 06:17

StoneageRocker wrote:Dear lord I simply cannot believe that this video has generated the previous 8 pages.

All I have to say on the matter is comedy is comedy, for example I'm not a fan of Slapstick comedy but that doesn't mean Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, Laurel and Hardy and the Three Stooges didn't make good comedy it just isn't my kind of thing.

Question: It looks like it was filmed in a car park, is it the same one from The Deal?


The one from the Deal is not underground. I think it was filmed in the parking garage under the University Center at UVic which has be used in such videos as ZOMGies!!!1 and Ways to End a Movie.
Image
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Image
User avatar
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
Posts: 19383
Joined: 29 Oct 2006, 12:19
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: In Limbo.
Contact:

Postby Master Gunner » 07 Aug 2008, 10:16

For the record, I at least am all for more Bag Fries/LRR collaborations. The previous 8 pages have been...interesting, to say the least, but hopefully if you do it in the future, people will know what they're getting into, and if they really hate metal music, they can simply not watch it, or watch it with no volume so as to appreciate the brilliance of Graham's direction and LRR's awesome production values.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
User avatar
Geoff
Posts: 55
Joined: 13 Mar 2004, 09:13
First Video: Probably the first one.
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Contact:

Postby Geoff » 07 Aug 2008, 11:44

I should also point out that this is the lone "metal" song in the Bag Fries canon. We have a few others that range from indie-rock-ballad ("Orbiting Orson"), to alt-country ("John Hughes"), to Robert Johnson style blues ("All Up In My Cat Beard"). The purpose of "Skeletor's Dick" was to pay tribute to all of our favorite, most ridiculous metal stereotypes and hopefully make a few people laugh along the way. After 9 pages of thread, I can safely say "Mission Accomplished". Thanks for everyone's comments and criticisms, both good and bad; it's been awesome.
"Hahahaha...you think this is the real Quaid?...........IT IS!"

http://www.myspace.com/geoffhowe
User avatar
DontPanic
Posts: 569
Joined: 21 Sep 2006, 10:51
Location: California
Contact:

Postby DontPanic » 07 Aug 2008, 13:26

Catchy as all fuck, that was awesome.
I am going to go watch a Image
User avatar
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight
Posts: 3052
Joined: 23 Jan 2007, 14:48
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Contact:

Postby CyberTractor » 07 Aug 2008, 14:06

I'd like to see/hear more songs from you guys.

It wouldn't really be fair to base my opinion of your band based off only one of your songs.
I can't think of a signature.
User avatar
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
Posts: 9010
Joined: 13 Mar 2007, 19:20
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: Stroudsburg, PA
Contact:

Postby tak197 » 07 Aug 2008, 19:32

"Bag Fries" as the name of a metal/thrash rock band?

Point taken, Geoff.

Anyway, a video for "All Up In My Cat Beard"? I may have to hear that first, but do I sense a need to convince Kathleen to let you use Khaavren? Or one of her other cats?
Image
Image
Cybren
Posts: 1497
Joined: 29 Feb 2008, 14:38

Postby Cybren » 07 Aug 2008, 22:36


And yet that film was still a masterpiece.
Rekiara
Posts: 11
Joined: 27 Nov 2007, 07:06

Postby Rekiara » 07 Aug 2008, 23:49

Mmmm... loved it.


I've had the song stuck in my head for the last few days now, and feel no need to try and evict it.
User avatar
HomerTheBrave
Posts: 99
Joined: 16 Sep 2006, 21:26
Location: Skeedaddle (Seattle)
Contact:

Postby HomerTheBrave » 08 Aug 2008, 00:38

Funny song, slick production. Quit your day jobs and start making music videos!
User avatar
King Kool
Quality and Quantity
Posts: 5981
Joined: 28 Jan 2008, 19:22
Location: Rhode Island
Contact:

Postby King Kool » 08 Aug 2008, 04:51

Cake wrote:I think this topic is hilarious, because some people that loved Superbad are now saying they are above dick jokes. Get over yourselves, people.


I never saw Superbad, but not because of dick jokes. It's mostly because any movie where people act like they need to get drunk and lose their virginity by the time they leave high school or their life is over, and I'm going to be twenty-five in a week and have still not had a drink... yeah... it's not FOR me.

This is kinda demonstrative of what people can find funny, though I don't think Skeletor's Dick is something I couldn't find funny.
Image
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
User avatar
spartanhelmet
Posts: 1072
Joined: 01 Aug 2008, 22:21
Location: Perth, Phailstralia
Contact:

Postby spartanhelmet » 08 Aug 2008, 07:14

King Kool wrote:I never saw Superbad, but not because of dick jokes. It's mostly because any movie where people act like they need to get drunk and lose their virginity by the time they leave high school or their life is over, and I'm going to be twenty-five in a week and have still not had a drink... yeah... it's not FOR me.


It's a damn tragedy too... but it was nowhere near as bad as Knocked Up.

Way to perpetrate social myths and damaging stigma... as if the US doesn't have enough to deal with before.

Besides, what kind of sane person would be an illegal immigrant from Canada to the US? That makes too little sense, so more fail from Knocked Up.
2stepz
Posts: 2519
Joined: 26 May 2008, 17:14
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 08 Aug 2008, 07:21

spartanhelmet wrote:Besides, what kind of sane person would be an illegal immigrant from Canada to the US? That makes too little sense, so more fail from Knocked Up.


Actually, I know several of them. The draw of living in Vegas got to them, I guess.
User avatar
spartanhelmet
Posts: 1072
Joined: 01 Aug 2008, 22:21
Location: Perth, Phailstralia
Contact:

Postby spartanhelmet » 08 Aug 2008, 07:30

2stepz wrote:Actually, I know several of them. The draw of living in Vegas got to them, I guess.

With the currency going the way it is now, I guess they're shitting bricks now, hehe.
User avatar
Lyinginbedmon
Posts: 10808
Joined: 20 Dec 2007, 18:08
First Video: BioShocked
Location: Darlington, Co. Durham
Contact:

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 08 Aug 2008, 08:28

Given that the currency of USAires and Canadians are both falling (One as a result of the other), if I was either I'd flee to Britain.

We're doing dang fine over here :twisted:
drrrdrrrdrrr
Posts: 1
Joined: 08 Aug 2008, 13:02
Contact:

Postby drrrdrrrdrrr » 08 Aug 2008, 13:10

I wish there was a tab, or a guitar pro tab for this song. I want to learn it :D
User avatar
Lacerta
Affable Marmot
Posts: 245
Joined: 11 Nov 2006, 02:10
First Video: How to Talk Like A Pirate
Location: Thunder Bay
Contact:

Postby Lacerta » 08 Aug 2008, 13:33

I don't get the "Shredder" verse at all. Shredder, like, from Ninja Turtles? When did he have cameras? I'm so confused.
semper fidelis tyrannosaurus

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests