Skeletor's Dick

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 06 Aug 2008, 23:45

Graham wrote:
Geoff wrote:Gawd help us if we ever decided to make a video for "Orbiting Orson"...

Pfff, I can barely imagine what would happen if we adapted the LoadingReadyLIVE sketch "Pride & Seek".

Actually, I want to do "Orbiting Orson" next time Pat's in town.

DO WANT. BOTH.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 06 Aug 2008, 23:46

I think this topic is hilarious, because some people that loved Superbad are now saying they are above dick jokes. Get over yourselves, people.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Corax
Hangleyman

Postby Corax » 07 Aug 2008, 00:10

im strongly against being a "comedy snob". i try to watch something and be unbiased, if i laugh, that means its funny, i never try to supress laughter because its so primal in a way, and opening your mind to more comedy can only broaden your sense of what you think is funny, i like tons of different types of comedy for different reasons. with that said, i still didn't love this weeks video, but its not like i hated it. you can say "this video wasn't funny" but please don't try and say "this video wasn't funny because dick jokes are low-brow and are not funny" because its all your opinion anyways, and the 2nd just makes you sound bad.
Michiel

Postby Michiel » 07 Aug 2008, 01:45

edit
Last edited by Michiel on 26 Oct 2008, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.
StoneageRocker
Ret-con'd: Correct

Postby StoneageRocker » 07 Aug 2008, 02:01

Dear lord I simply cannot believe that this video has generated the previous 8 pages.

All I have to say on the matter is comedy is comedy, for example I'm not a fan of Slapstick comedy but that doesn't mean Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, Laurel and Hardy and the Three Stooges didn't make good comedy it just isn't my kind of thing.

Question: It looks like it was filmed in a car park, is it the same one from The Deal?
In England.........

StoneageRocker
Ret-con'd: Correct

Postby StoneageRocker » 07 Aug 2008, 02:05

Also don't think I've mentioned how awesome the video looked
In England.........

Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 07 Aug 2008, 04:41

Excellent video, one of the best ones on this site in my view. Seamless, professional look and catchy song.
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 07 Aug 2008, 05:19

Elomin Sha wrote:catchy song.

I was fine when the video came out... I'm scared since it's been stuck in my head for the last couple of hours.

So when are the uber shawts from James going up on the blog?
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 07 Aug 2008, 06:02

Semerus wrote:Emperor Gum, considering you are severly british...

I'm glad you noticed, comrade. I don't know why I felt the need to post this.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 07 Aug 2008, 06:17

StoneageRocker wrote:Dear lord I simply cannot believe that this video has generated the previous 8 pages.

All I have to say on the matter is comedy is comedy, for example I'm not a fan of Slapstick comedy but that doesn't mean Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, Laurel and Hardy and the Three Stooges didn't make good comedy it just isn't my kind of thing.

Question: It looks like it was filmed in a car park, is it the same one from The Deal?

The one from the Deal is not underground. I think it was filmed in the parking garage under the University Center at UVic which has be used in such videos as ZOMGies!!!1 and Ways to End a Movie.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 07 Aug 2008, 10:16

For the record, I at least am all for more Bag Fries/LRR collaborations. The previous 8 pages have been...interesting, to say the least, but hopefully if you do it in the future, people will know what they're getting into, and if they really hate metal music, they can simply not watch it, or watch it with no volume so as to appreciate the brilliance of Graham's direction and LRR's awesome production values.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Geoff
First Video: Probably the first one.

Postby Geoff » 07 Aug 2008, 11:44

I should also point out that this is the lone "metal" song in the Bag Fries canon. We have a few others that range from indie-rock-ballad ("Orbiting Orson"), to alt-country ("John Hughes"), to Robert Johnson style blues ("All Up In My Cat Beard"). The purpose of "Skeletor's Dick" was to pay tribute to all of our favorite, most ridiculous metal stereotypes and hopefully make a few people laugh along the way. After 9 pages of thread, I can safely say "Mission Accomplished". Thanks for everyone's comments and criticisms, both good and bad; it's been awesome.
"Hahahaha...you think this is the real Quaid?...........IT IS!"

http://www.myspace.com/geoffhowe
DontPanic

Postby DontPanic » 07 Aug 2008, 13:26

Catchy as all fuck, that was awesome.
I am going to go watch a Image
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 07 Aug 2008, 14:06

I'd like to see/hear more songs from you guys.

It wouldn't really be fair to base my opinion of your band based off only one of your songs.
I can't think of a signature.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 07 Aug 2008, 19:32

"Bag Fries" as the name of a metal/thrash rock band?

Point taken, Geoff.

Anyway, a video for "All Up In My Cat Beard"? I may have to hear that first, but do I sense a need to convince Kathleen to let you use Khaavren? Or one of her other cats?
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 07 Aug 2008, 22:36

And yet that film was still a masterpiece.
Rekiara

Postby Rekiara » 07 Aug 2008, 23:49

Mmmm... loved it.

I've had the song stuck in my head for the last few days now, and feel no need to try and evict it.
HomerTheBrave

Postby HomerTheBrave » 08 Aug 2008, 00:38

Funny song, slick production. Quit your day jobs and start making music videos!
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 08 Aug 2008, 04:51

Cake wrote:I think this topic is hilarious, because some people that loved Superbad are now saying they are above dick jokes. Get over yourselves, people.

I never saw Superbad, but not because of dick jokes. It's mostly because any movie where people act like they need to get drunk and lose their virginity by the time they leave high school or their life is over, and I'm going to be twenty-five in a week and have still not had a drink... yeah... it's not FOR me.

This is kinda demonstrative of what people can find funny, though I don't think Skeletor's Dick is something I couldn't find funny.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 08 Aug 2008, 07:14

King Kool wrote:I never saw Superbad, but not because of dick jokes. It's mostly because any movie where people act like they need to get drunk and lose their virginity by the time they leave high school or their life is over, and I'm going to be twenty-five in a week and have still not had a drink... yeah... it's not FOR me.

It's a damn tragedy too... but it was nowhere near as bad as Knocked Up.

Way to perpetrate social myths and damaging stigma... as if the US doesn't have enough to deal with before.

Besides, what kind of sane person would be an illegal immigrant from Canada to the US? That makes too little sense, so more fail from Knocked Up.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 08 Aug 2008, 07:21

spartanhelmet wrote:Besides, what kind of sane person would be an illegal immigrant from Canada to the US? That makes too little sense, so more fail from Knocked Up.

Actually, I know several of them. The draw of living in Vegas got to them, I guess.
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 08 Aug 2008, 07:30

2stepz wrote:Actually, I know several of them. The draw of living in Vegas got to them, I guess.

With the currency going the way it is now, I guess they're shitting bricks now, hehe.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 08 Aug 2008, 08:28

Given that the currency of USAires and Canadians are both falling (One as a result of the other), if I was either I'd flee to Britain.

We're doing dang fine over here :twisted:
drrrdrrrdrrr

Postby drrrdrrrdrrr » 08 Aug 2008, 13:10

I wish there was a tab, or a guitar pro tab for this song. I want to learn it :D
Lacerta
Affable Marmot
First Video: How to Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Lacerta » 08 Aug 2008, 13:33

I don't get the "Shredder" verse at all. Shredder, like, from Ninja Turtles? When did he have cameras? I'm so confused.
semper fidelis tyrannosaurus

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”