Skeletor's Dick

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 05 Aug 2008, 17:00

tak197 wrote:Not a LRR video, per se, but an LRR-made video. So for those saying it's not "LRR" enough, this is more an example of what LRR can do with their shooting and editing. It's a showcasing of a different set of abilities.

QFT.

Was I the only one who guessed some sort of dick joke from the picture posted on the blog last week? I wasn't expecting THIS however.

Not my kind of music, but a well-made vid none-the-less.
pvande

Postby pvande » 05 Aug 2008, 17:01

Flewellyn wrote:I know I will draw fire for this, but...while good, the humor of the song and video was ruined for me by the "Skeletor's dick will always rape you" line.

I just don't think it's a good idea to sling that word around in jest. Except for Canola.

QFT.

The song itself really didn't do anything for me (difficult to understand most of the words as sung, not a fan of either the musical style or the subject matter), and (in my own opinion) sorely lacked for cleverness or wit in its lyrics, instead opting to try for shock and offense.

The video, on the other hand, was rather nicely shot as a whole. From the intro credits to the look of the performance, it was a beautiful -- even professional -- looking video.

As a whole, I really don't have any interest in watching it a second time -- which is strange for a LRR video (even those I don't really appreciate usually get at least two consecutive viewings). I'm glad that there were people who found it entertaining. I'm simply not one of them.

(And yes, I can appreciate that this isn't really a LRR video; but by putting the video up on the LRR site, the crew has implied (and comments here have reaffirmed) their support for the video, and their belief that the regular viewers would appreciate it.)
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 05 Aug 2008, 17:05

It's not like it's the first time they've made dick jokes in a video, or even made them the center of the video.

Has LRR ever considered making money by doing music videos for local-ish bands?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 05 Aug 2008, 17:20

I loved the song and the video. As a fan of bands like Blind Guardian and Nightwish(Which this sounded a lot like) I dug it.

I am, however, humbly requesting the tabs for the acoustic version of this song please.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 05 Aug 2008, 17:27

I think you are all taking this way to seriously.

This is the reason Pat and Geoff stopped posting here years ago.
achesst

Postby achesst » 05 Aug 2008, 17:32

Because I know you all care deeply for my opinion and the LRR crew can barely function without my feedback, I will leave an incredibly helpful, in-depth analysis of this most recent video: "meh".

Seriously though, meh. I liked the voices and the beats, not a big fan of the lyrics, so, meh. However, I do love that it's a video, and that it was posted by LRR. I wait patiently for next week, and fear terrible consequences could occur to me physically without my weekly recommended dosage of LRR, as I will be somewhere in the Lake of the Woods, Ontario fishing when the video is released, because Canada has all the best fish.
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 05 Aug 2008, 17:33

achesst wrote:Because I know you all care deeply for my opinion and the LRR crew can barely function without my feedback, I will leave an incredibly helpful, in-depth analysis of this most recent video: "meh".

They do seem to be trying too hard.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 05 Aug 2008, 17:45

People wouldn't be saying shit if this was a 64k video about Princess Peach's Boobs.

Or a music video about a fanboy who sings in nothing but Innuendos
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 05 Aug 2008, 18:09

I for one welcome our "mediocre sized" Lord of Destruction. Low hanging, but not low-brow.

Add me to the "w00t" pile, since this reeks of true epicness.

... and massive cred to Patrick and Geoff. A couple of the facial expressions made it for me :D

edit - Melendwyr... isn't that the point of rock?
Last edited by spartanhelmet on 05 Aug 2008, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
pvande

Postby pvande » 05 Aug 2008, 18:11

Tensen01 wrote:People wouldn't be saying shit if this was a 64k video about Princess Peach's Boobs.

Or a music video about a fanboy who sings in nothing but Innuendos

There's a pretty big difference in my mind between a nerd singing a romantic ballad in innuendo, and a metalic piece about someone's phallus, with multiple overt allusions to forced sex. If the aforementioned 64K song had similar themes, I would be equally offended.
Frozengale

Postby Frozengale » 05 Aug 2008, 18:15

yeah.... that was disgusting, disturbing....and not funny at all really. Sorry but when the humor becomes this crude it isn't funny, it's just disturbing.

I will admit the tune was catchy though.

Has to be my least favorite movie yet, please never do stuff like this again.
If I ever come up with something witty or interesting I'm not going to display it in plain sight for you buffoons to steal away.
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 05 Aug 2008, 18:36

Frozengale wrote:Sorry but when the humor becomes this crude it isn't funny, it's just disturbing.

If crude means talk of anatomy, then fine. Either way, Loading Time 1 was more crude... talk of helicoptering is under that category moreso than pavement-scraping scrota.

Why all the thought police in this thread?
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 05 Aug 2008, 18:45

THAT WAS FUCKING EPIC!!! great vid guys.. might of been crude(for some) but if it made people lol its all good... also Frozengale don't tell them what to do.. it just makes you look like a dick..

Also can there be an mp3 put up of this song?

Also great work by Bag Fries, i want to both have your babies...
CaPpY wrote:dark_realm really is a jerk....
Unclever title

Postby Unclever title » 05 Aug 2008, 19:03

The moment I saw the sausage go into the eye socket, I knew it was Morgan.

Knew it.

Though to be honest I wouldn't put it past Skeletor either.

To be honest though it's not my style of humor. But that doesn't make it a terrible video, it's a good video, and pretty funny despite it not being my preferred style.

Good video.
My train of thought is more like a roller coaster that has loop de loops and no safety bars.
I don't know if I'm tall enough to ride.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 05 Aug 2008, 19:21

Graham wrote:I think you are all taking this way to seriously.

This is the reason Pat and Geoff stopped posting here years ago.

You mean they stopped posting here years ago to become rock legends?

Wow.

Also, I have an idea for the challenge this week. First person to create and beat an expert level GH rendering of this song gets a forum rank.
Iverix

Postby Iverix » 05 Aug 2008, 19:26

sevey wrote:
MasterKuno wrote: Piano tabs plz so I can serenade my fiance with this masterpiece on a keyboard. :P

Dunno, if you caught this, but Bag Fries consists of 2 members, a singer and a guitarist. Even if you tried to take the music and apply it to a piano, most metal songs would just not work at all.
Anyway, not a bad video I guess, maybe a tad low brow, with the talking of dicks for three minutes but still not bad.

Just as an FYI: Any music can be transposed to any instrument. Notes are universal - the way it sounds is not. He would easily be able to play this on the piano given the chord progression, which is fairly simple.
Iverix

Postby Iverix » 05 Aug 2008, 19:34

Kathleen wrote:What I find most impressive about this video is that it's a lot better than many, many other music videos I've seen filmed with actual budgets!
See: almost ANY Muse video. They are the worst.

Knights of Cydonia is pretty epic.
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 05 Aug 2008, 20:08

i cant stop watching this video... help please?

also Hysteria is a good muse film clip...
Last edited by dark_realm on 05 Aug 2008, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.

CaPpY wrote:dark_realm really is a jerk....
forkbomb!
Location: Cedar Hill and Cedar Hill: the Nexus of the Universe.

Postby forkbomb! » 05 Aug 2008, 20:12

forty6andtwo wrote:To Pat and Geoff, give me a call or send me an email, I can rip up some better skins for you guys. Other than that, good job.

Phew, glad you posted this (and with a name like 'forty6andtwo', I probably should have guessed), because otherwise I'd have to offer, and I ain't much of a drummer. But yes, fake drums is fake.

Loved Pat's just-saw-the-dick face. Also loved the ending, with its nearly The-Darkness-levels of cheese. Falsetto screeches + mad guitar tapping FTW. Sadly, I was one of those people who needed to read the verse lyrics: I find that, for comedy songs (or, at least, songs where immediate comprehension of the lyrics is essential) boosting the vocal is a must.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 05 Aug 2008, 20:28

Alright, I watched it again. It's better on the second viewing, and with headphones so you can appreciate the music.

I think some criticism of this has gone way too far. Even though I didn't like it, I still thought of it in the same vein as a real music video, and maybe that's why I didn't like it at first. (I really don't like music videos all that much, because the things that music videos are infect all the other media I like and make them suck.) But since it "feels" like a music video to me, you guys have gotta be doing something right.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
forkbomb!
Location: Cedar Hill and Cedar Hill: the Nexus of the Universe.

Postby forkbomb! » 05 Aug 2008, 20:39

Iverix wrote:Just as an FYI: Any music can be transposed to any instrument.

I had no idea! Tell me when you get some micro-tonal Indian ragas transposed over to the piccolo.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 05 Aug 2008, 21:45

forkbomb! wrote:But yes, fake drums is fake.

I think the drummer might take issue with that.
RoomKeyNinja

Postby RoomKeyNinja » 05 Aug 2008, 21:55

Random side note, after a couple of listens, this is actually beginning to grow on me. I actually quite like the musical styling, so when I know what the lyrics are and when they're coming I don't get hung up on them so much.

In retrospect, I think my first reason from the previous post may have been the most influential. It was more surprise from expecting something else than any deficiency in the video itself.

Party on, Wayne. Party on Garth :P
Is eternally grateful to Misty for this .gif
Also plotting how to destroy Bill, as all Ninjas should
anotherearth

Postby anotherearth » 05 Aug 2008, 21:56

Did not like.

It was a well shot video, and the t-shirt ad was funny, but I just didn't find the song to be all that amusing.

But, as you've said before -you make videos that you find humorous or whatnot, and if others do too -well, that's all the better.

Others seem to have liked it a lot. I didn't. Oh well.
NecroVale
Card-Carrying Cool Person
First Video: Door to Door

Postby NecroVale » 05 Aug 2008, 22:08

Ok, first I liked it after a couple of listens because the first time was just "Ah... huh... wha...?!" and I had no idea what to think. After the initial shock of it, you can really get to appreciate the music and well it's all been put together.

Is the band going to be in the LRRcast?

And is there someplace online to hear more of their music?
Allen! wrote:I know, it confused and aroused me.
Also made me hate him more.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”