Rapidfire II - 02

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
User avatar
Elomin Sha
Posts: 15773
Joined: 22 Feb 2008, 05:14
First Video: Max Effect
Location: Woodford Green, England
Contact:

Postby Elomin Sha » 23 Sep 2008, 03:04

Rapidfire II is proving to get better, I liked the fight scene coupled with the failed chokeslam.
I'm thinking how Mormon Morgan was dealt with could be a new XWays2Y. And i think I'll try it next time one comes around.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
User avatar
Hakaryu
Posts: 2331
Joined: 25 Mar 2008, 13:46
Location: Morgan's closet
Contact:

Postby Hakaryu » 23 Sep 2008, 04:15

forty6andtwo wrote:. Good game. Way to make me not want to come see you guys live and buy a T-shirt. I'm really going to have to think about wether or not attending this upcoming event is worth me feeling uncomfortable with the possibility that you might freak out like this at me in real life.


I wouldn't let that stop me from going. I'd kill to see LRR live,besides its not like you have to go up to Matt and talk to him before during or after the show. There's plenty of other casts members to talk to even though Matt would still be cool to chat with being one of the more polite and calmer members of LRR.
( =P not that i'm saying the rest of you are crazy and illmannered.....besides morgan)
Tonberry's poked the dutch again.
Image
User avatar
Ceer
Posts: 19
Joined: 10 Jul 2008, 06:12
Location: FL, USA

Postby Ceer » 23 Sep 2008, 05:09

metcarfre wrote:
Jester wrote:Indeed, I see nothing facepalm-able about the latest Rapid Fire. Am I a bad person for thinking Graham was going to ask Morgan in to do naughty things to him?


When I watch that part, in my mind Graham says, "You had me at hello."


YES!!! I had the same exact internal addition! :D
-Leadership
-Vision
-Trousers
User avatar
Ceer
Posts: 19
Joined: 10 Jul 2008, 06:12
Location: FL, USA

Postby Ceer » 23 Sep 2008, 05:22

JoeNewberry wrote:
Matt wrote:they all play "the entertainer" here.

-m


Another one of those fascinating cultural differences I would not have known about without LRR.

They play the entertainer here too, and I'm from Florida.

JoeNewberry wrote:
Graham wrote:I, on the other hand, do think I'm the Queen of Victorian-era France.

You may bow.


Which queen are you, though, Maria Amalia of the Two Sicilies or Eugénie de Montijo?


Yes, I agree that this claim requires more information!
-Leadership

-Vision

-Trousers
User avatar
teh_sam
Posts: 253
Joined: 05 Sep 2008, 06:31
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Postby teh_sam » 23 Sep 2008, 07:50

Hey, something else I've been wondering...
Where any of these scenes shot a while ago like series2ep1, cus if they weren't, they were recreated damn good.
Image

I am Sam, Sam I am. I do not like green eggs and ham......

Will graduate college the year of the Mayan Apocalypse...yay for me.
User avatar
Graham
Super Moderator
Posts: 15038
Joined: 09 Mar 2004, 19:37
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Postby Graham » 23 Sep 2008, 07:54

I don't understand why you guys think Matt is always yelling.
If he'd wanted to, he could have ripped into you, but he didn't. That post was a calm and reasoned request, he wasn't bitching you out or yelling at you, yet everyone assumes he's tearing forty6andtwo a new asshole. I was there when he posted it, his reaction to the Optimus post was a heavy sigh, along the lines of "This again?"

If you're honestly considering not coming to the screening because of that then I'm kind of dissapointed in you, not Matt, because despite what you may think of him, in this instance you're the one making a big deal out of nothing.

Saying "This will make me re-think buying a t-shirt" hurts me. You've clearly shown on the forums that you're a big fan of LRR. We appreciate every fan we have and I seriously don't think you should let something like being told a joke had gotten old (which, it had, sorry) make you re-think (or threaten to) your enjoyment of our site, which is much bigger than Matt, or Transformers jokes.


Again, because this is apparently unclear when crewmembers are talking, I am "talking" completely calm, I'm not even a little angry... just kind of tired of people getting up in Matt's face.
User avatar
Evisr
Posts: 472
Joined: 12 Sep 2007, 15:45
Location: Edmonton, Alberta

Postby Evisr » 23 Sep 2008, 07:56

Great rapidfire as always, James getting choke slammed = gold

and I saw Johnny in the credits list, expecting graham to explain something using various objects just like in rapidfire 1.. but sadly this wasn't the case.
User avatar
Matt
LRR Crew
Posts: 9742
Joined: 14 Mar 2004, 00:19
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Postby Matt » 23 Sep 2008, 08:01

There is no way I can respond to this thread or defend myself without it being taken the wrong way.

Peace, I'm out.

-m
Image

I am not angry at you.
User avatar
forty6andtwo
Posts: 83
Joined: 19 Jun 2008, 02:30
Location: Victoria BC

Postby forty6andtwo » 23 Sep 2008, 08:19

Graham wrote:I don't understand why you guys think Matt is always yelling.
If he'd wanted to, he could have ripped into you, but he didn't. That post was a calm and reasoned request, he wasn't bitching you out or yelling at you, yet everyone assumes he's tearing forty6andtwo a new asshole. I was there when he posted it, his reaction to the Optimus post was a heavy sigh, along the lines of "This again?"

If you're honestly considering not coming to the screening because of that then I'm kind of dissapointed in you, not Matt, because despite what you may think of him, in this instance you're the one making a big deal out of nothing.

Saying "This will make me re-think buying a t-shirt" hurts me. You've clearly shown on the forums that you're a big fan of LRR. We appreciate every fan we have and I seriously don't think you should let something like being told a joke had gotten old (which, it had, sorry) make you re-think (or threaten to) your enjoyment of our site, which is much bigger than Matt, or Transformers jokes.


Again, because this is apparently unclear when crewmembers are talking, I am "talking" completely calm, I'm not even a little angry... just kind of tired of people getting up in Matt's face.


Honestly Graham if you're gong to side with Matt about this I guess it makes sense, he is ur friend and part of your crew. If he was more tactful he would have sent a PM to me stating he didnt think it was funny and to please stop, I would have respected that at least. If it really started bothering him a while back, he should have said something awhile back. It's fine, you can be dissapointed in me, hell you could boot me from the forums and ban me from attending your LRR Live stuff, life will go on for all. I'm sorry you feel that me being bothered by Matt's lack of tactfulness in dealing with retarted fans is grounds to be dissapointed in me. The whole reason I started it in the first place was simply when I was sitting around listening to the podcast that had my question being asked on the Ask LRR Thread (which i waited up to listen to), before James even got a chance to finish reading the coments I made, Matt jumped the gun "peaked the levels" and started freaking out about who was who etc. I found that to be quite rude. And honsetly I kept referencing the subject to get [i]any/[i] response from him about it in the first place, a simple "haha its not funny" right away would have sufficed, however with no response from anyone over it, I felt like either no one saw it or no one cared. I'm not trying to get up in the Matt's face. I know where he works, and if I really wanted to get in his face I would do it real life, however I'm not usually a person to do something like that. Understand some of us aren't as funny as you guys are, and maybe take little more care and attention when you go to chastise a person for a bad joke. Maybe use the private message system thats available on the forums. Thanks.
~~Out of work drummer in Victoria looking for a band to play with, inquire within~~
User avatar
Graham
Super Moderator
Posts: 15038
Joined: 09 Mar 2004, 19:37
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Postby Graham » 23 Sep 2008, 08:31

I did PM you.
Again, you are making a big deal out of nothing. None of us were upset with you, but you're getting very bent out of shape. I'm not going to ban you for that, come on.

You need to cool it, it's all good.
User avatar
forty6andtwo
Posts: 83
Joined: 19 Jun 2008, 02:30
Location: Victoria BC

Postby forty6andtwo » 23 Sep 2008, 08:43

Graham wrote:I did PM you.
Again, you are making a big deal out of nothing. None of us were upset with you, but you're getting very bent out of shape. I'm not going to ban you for that, come on.

You need to cool it, it's all good.



It sure is, I hope you guys all have a wonderful day. And lets hope for some more sunny weather before the shit they call Victoria's Winter is upon us.
~~Out of work drummer in Victoria looking for a band to play with, inquire within~~
User avatar
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
Posts: 9010
Joined: 13 Mar 2007, 19:20
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: Stroudsburg, PA
Contact:

Postby tak197 » 23 Sep 2008, 08:47

Well, as a veteran member of the forums, I will speak up for Matt and say that he has changed a lot since the time that I joined the forums, and I definitely think that he has grown up a lot, especially with moving in with Graham at the new apartment, which meant moving out of his parent's basement (which did sorta look like an apartment).

He does do stuff that makes him an easy target sometimes, but even he knows it when that happens which is a long ways away from what he used to be like. I think the crew will back me up on this. But also, I have noticed that his swearing on podcasts, while it used to be a running gag, has pretty much ceased, which was one thing that they all kept telling him to change.

In fact, aside from Graham and Paul, I think Matt is one of the most devoted members to LRR, seeing as he asked my help in making up a press kit, and has been studying ways to create a business plan for LRR to make it self-sufficient.

So, in short, I like Matt and think that people give him a hard time a bit too often.
Image
Image
User avatar
forty6andtwo
Posts: 83
Joined: 19 Jun 2008, 02:30
Location: Victoria BC

Postby forty6andtwo » 23 Sep 2008, 08:52

tak197 wrote:Well, as a veteran member of the forums, I will speak up for Matt and say that he has changed a lot since the time that I joined the forums, and I definitely think that he has grown up a lot, especially with moving in with Graham at the new apartment, which meant moving out of his parent's basement (which did sorta look like an apartment).

He does do stuff that makes him an easy target sometimes, but even he knows it when that happens which is a long ways away from what he used to be like. I think the crew will back me up on this. But also, I have noticed that his swearing on podcasts, while it used to be a running gag, has pretty much ceased, which was one thing that they all kept telling him to change.

In fact, aside from Graham and Paul, I think Matt is one of the most devoted members to LRR, seeing as he asked my help in making up a press kit, and has been studying ways to create a business plan for LRR to make it self-sufficient.

So, in short, I like Matt and think that people give him a hard time a bit too often.



Okay this subject should be over now, but one more thing. I wasn't trying to give the guy a hard time, I was simply being retarted and unfunny. This is why LRR makes the videos and I'm on this side of the computer screen watching them instead. Speaking of computer screens, you should see my computer setup, I should take a picture of it sometime. Is there a thread for that? I seem to recall hearing on a Podcast a while ago about pics of the crew's desks etc, but is there a place to post our PC setups?
~~Out of work drummer in Victoria looking for a band to play with, inquire within~~
User avatar
Graham
Super Moderator
Posts: 15038
Joined: 09 Mar 2004, 19:37
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Postby Graham » 23 Sep 2008, 08:58

FYI for all:
It's all good.

Everything is fine, nothing is broken.
User avatar
DmitriW
Posts: 2266
Joined: 11 Jul 2008, 16:51
First Video: Installation Anxiety
Contact:

Postby DmitriW » 23 Sep 2008, 09:56

Graham wrote:FYI for all:
It's all good.

Everything is fine, nothing is broken.


Does that mean you found the missing tapes, too? Or is that still broken? XD
Image
Image
Image
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
User avatar
Hakaryu
Posts: 2331
Joined: 25 Mar 2008, 13:46
Location: Morgan's closet
Contact:

Postby Hakaryu » 23 Sep 2008, 10:01

Just to give Matt some good comments.


Matt your a cool guy. Your polite and funny.


Your acting in some of the finest of the crew even though people always misinterpret it and I do hope you keep up the good work.
Tonberry's poked the dutch again.
Image
User avatar
Graham
Super Moderator
Posts: 15038
Joined: 09 Mar 2004, 19:37
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Postby Graham » 23 Sep 2008, 10:01

That's still broken.

Considering how nuts people went last week for the camerawork on the political pundits shot, I'm surprised no ones mentioned it on the "Ssh Guy" scene. I'm quite pleased with that subtle track upwards while following Morgan.
User avatar
JoeNewberry
Posts: 98
Joined: 19 Aug 2007, 19:42
First Video: Rejected "Get a Mac" Ads
Location: Woodstock, GA
Contact:

Postby JoeNewberry » 23 Sep 2008, 10:35

Graham wrote:FYI for all:
It's all good.

Everything is fine, nothing is broken.


But that still doesn't answer the burning question. Which Victorian-era queen of France are you?

Fun fact, in researching the matter, because I wasn't sure if France had any queens during Victoria's reign, it turns out France can't/couldn't legally have a female monarch in charge, only queen consorts.
User avatar
Matt
LRR Crew
Posts: 9742
Joined: 14 Mar 2004, 00:19
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Postby Matt » 23 Sep 2008, 10:52

JoeNewberry wrote:
Graham wrote:FYI for all:
It's all good.

Everything is fine, nothing is broken.


But that still doesn't answer the burning question. Which Victorian-era queen of France are you?

Fun fact, in researching the matter, because I wasn't sure if France had any queens during Victoria's reign, it turns out France can't/couldn't legally have a female monarch in charge, only queen consorts.


I raised that very question to graham last night when I wrote the post in question. I wasn't certain that France had a queen at the time - but I thought queen was funnier than king, so I left it be.

-m
Image

I am not angry at you.
User avatar
Emperor Gum
Posts: 2110
Joined: 24 May 2008, 20:02
First Video: Moving Out
Location: Cheltenham, UK
Contact:

Postby Emperor Gum » 23 Sep 2008, 10:53

JoeNewberry wrote:So now instead of being funny it's going to be sad? Did she cry because you kissed her?


1. I thought it was funny
2. I'm making that assumption
3. She's actually sitting on the couch in my living room eating a burger and chips right now

forty6andtwo wrote:Hey man thats not so bad, at least you didn't make her cry after having sex with her. That would be very sad indeed.


Aw, honey, did that happen to you?
Image
User avatar
JoeNewberry
Posts: 98
Joined: 19 Aug 2007, 19:42
First Video: Rejected "Get a Mac" Ads
Location: Woodstock, GA
Contact:

Postby JoeNewberry » 23 Sep 2008, 11:05

Matt wrote:
I raised that very question to graham last night when I wrote the post in question. I wasn't certain that France had a queen at the time - but I thought queen was funnier than king, so I left it be.

-m


It was a good choice. If nothing else it made me go learn about the French monarchy for an hour. I should clarify that there were three French queens in the Victorian-era. I left one out of Graham's choices because she was only queen for 20 minutes from the time she became queen consort to the time Louis XIX abdicated.
User avatar
Flewellyn
Posts: 477
Joined: 02 Nov 2007, 13:50

Postby Flewellyn » 23 Sep 2008, 11:31

forty6andtwo wrote:tl;dr waaaaaaah


Y'know, if I were in Matt's position, my reaction to this would be as follows:

"NOOOOOOOO! I've lost the respect of this impolite special ed student! I HAVE NO VALID REASON TO LIVE!"
User avatar
Bento
Posts: 104
Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 22:24
Location: Somewhere in Descartes head
Contact:

Postby Bento » 23 Sep 2008, 11:37

Graham wrote:I, on the other hand, do think I'm the Queen of Victorian-era France.

You may bow.

Your quote plus your avatar make this moment of my life 5X funnier
When the God's wish to punish us, they answer our prayers -Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Tim
proudfoot
Posts: 4213
Joined: 22 Nov 2007, 19:10
First Video: Something funny.
Location: Victoria
Contact:

Postby Tim » 23 Sep 2008, 11:40

Flewellyn wrote:
forty6andtwo wrote:tl;dr waaaaaaah


Y'know, if I were in Matt's position, my reaction to this would be as follows:

"NOOOOOOOO! I've lost the respect of this impolite special ed student! I HAVE NO VALID REASON TO LIVE!"
Now now, no need to fan the flames just when they seem to be dying down.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
User avatar
Flewellyn
Posts: 477
Joined: 02 Nov 2007, 13:50

Postby Flewellyn » 23 Sep 2008, 11:43

Tim wrote:Now now, no need to fan the flames just when they seem to be dying down.


Yeah, sorry about that. I hadn't read that far ahead yet.

It was kinda funny, though, no?

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest