Rapidfire II - 02

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
RAIC
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby RAIC » 22 Sep 2008, 12:49

"You just got FRIDGED!"
Lol, that was so totally random :P
I absolutely did not expect that :D
tak197 wrote:Guys! A Good Looking Ginger DUDE! We have the internet equivalent of a unicorn in our presence.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 22 Sep 2008, 13:01

Naturally, I lol'd. Also, thank you James for showing us your ass crack when you get suplexed. (Or whatever that take down was, as I don't give a flying fuck about such maneuvers)
theashigaru
First Video: The Con

Postby theashigaru » 22 Sep 2008, 13:10

Kara wrote:What was the game at the start that James and Bill were playing. Soul Calibur?

It sounded a lot like Smash Bros. to me. There was a definite Toon Link up-B sound in there. It also could have been Pit I suppose.

Did the "FRIDGED" sketch remind anyone else of Pwned?

Also, what exactly did Nate (at least I think it was Nate) say to Kathleen in the bar scene?
Is it safe?
JeremyBanks

Postby JeremyBanks » 22 Sep 2008, 13:24

I preferred the first episode, but this was still pretty good.

I see you added subtitles to address the confusion that some people, my dumb self included, experienced with the first video. They worked very well, I thinks.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Sep 2008, 13:27

theashigaru wrote:Also, what exactly did Nate (at least I think it was Nate) say to Kathleen in the bar scene?

"Nice dress. I'd like to crumple you with my floor."

Also, it is actually Soul Calibur, but Link is also in SC2, remember.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 22 Sep 2008, 13:31

theashigaru wrote:
Kara wrote:What was the game at the start that James and Bill were playing. Soul Calibur?

It sounded a lot like Smash Bros. to me. There was a definite Toon Link up-B sound in there. It also could have been Pit I suppose.

Don't be daft. It quite clearly is Soul Calibur, what with the "RING OUT!" and "YOU LOSE!" announcer voice, as well as a snippet of Ivy taunting after that. The sound you believe is Toon Link is actually a damage cry of one of the other female characters, probably either Hilde, Seong Mina, or Taki. (It's not Talim, Tira, Xianghua, or Amy.)

~Alja~

Addendum: Beaten to the punch by Graham.

Oh, question G-Star, did Alex do the sounds for the fighting and whatnot on this one?
Last edited by Alja-Markir on 22 Sep 2008, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
iEatNinjaZ
Location: My Amazing Underwater World of Underwater Wonder That Is Under The Water™

Postby iEatNinjaZ » 22 Sep 2008, 13:33

ICE CREAM!!!!!
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 22 Sep 2008, 13:34

tak197 wrote:Naturally, I lol'd. Also, thank you James for showing us your ass crack when you get suplexed. (Or whatever that take down was, as I don't give a flying fuck about such maneuvers)

Yah, sorry about that. I wasn't aware I was going to get choke slammed or else I would have worn tighter fitting pants of some sort. Also I hope you laughed cause god damn did that ever hurt.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 22 Sep 2008, 13:46

POT LID!

-m

I am not angry at you.
Van Redd

Postby Van Redd » 22 Sep 2008, 13:55

All of it was good. Especially the ever escalating battle. I love the lil segways the most though. Like Matt turning his hat backwards and the other guys loving it, or the political guys. Great stuff.
www.manicdote.com My fiance's and my blog(Be sure to read the Doctor Doom interview)
Xbox Live Gamertag: Van Redd
PS3 ID: VanRedd
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Sep 2008, 14:10

Alja-Markir wrote:Oh, question G-Star, did Alex do the sounds for the fighting and whatnot on this one?

No, it was me this time, but I learned from the best.
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 22 Sep 2008, 14:11

Matt wrote:POT LID!

-m

The difference between your pain and my pain is 2 years from now, I won't still be whining about it. In fact apart from my post prior to this, I will never whine about it.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Sep 2008, 14:16

Good point. Next time someone gets injured in the line of comedy, I doubt I'll hear James yelling "CHOKE SLAM!" from the next room.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 22 Sep 2008, 14:17

Oh, I assure you, having to see James's crack was worth the rest of the fight sequence.

...I mean, the fight was worth having to see James's crack...

Was that the LRR Bus in the background of the shot?
Last edited by Yukikaze on 22 Sep 2008, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 22 Sep 2008, 14:20

Yukikaze wrote:Oh, I assure you, having to see James's crack was worth the rest of the fight sequence.

Was that the LRR Bus in the background of the shot?

I believe it was, great to see it's still around.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 22 Sep 2008, 14:39

I hope it is, since I put in the wiki that it was.
Oh well, thanks to Stephen Colbert and wikiality, it's there's now.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Flewellyn

Postby Flewellyn » 22 Sep 2008, 14:41

Hard to pick a favorite part. I loved it all. But I think "You got FRIDGED!" is up there.

Also the "I'd like to crumple you with my floor" bit. Poor Kathleen!
Daco
First Video: can't remember

Postby Daco » 22 Sep 2008, 14:48

LOL

loved it
also, loved the transformers part :D
wilson_x1999
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wilson_x1999 » 22 Sep 2008, 14:49

You got FRIDGED!

That was awesome XD

Also, The transformers bit and Paul's class made me lol

I love these ^__^
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 22 Sep 2008, 15:17

Despite your best efforts - adding subtitles - the 'intro' portion for the college scene continues to be confusing due to the fact that the characters that appear in both the intro and the scene itself are wearing different outfits in each. Perhaps they could wear the same outfits, or use different characters in each portion.

That being said, this was highly enjoyable, and I really liked the fight scenes and the Transformer scene (though it was a little to easy to identify Graham's voice through the filter).
Cheers!
johnny

RF2-02

Postby johnny » 22 Sep 2008, 15:19

Great job guys, nicely paced and full of good performances.

Is the tape gone for good Graham? I'm I going to need to come down to Vic so we can film the skits again? Hey I love Victoria, say the word and I'll be down. Well not right away, I am very busy and important, but I can come down on a weekend.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 22 Sep 2008, 15:22

metcarfre wrote:Despite your best efforts - adding subtitles - the 'intro' portion for the college scene continues to be confusing due to the fact that the characters that appear in both the intro and the scene itself are wearing different outfits in each. Perhaps they could wear the same outfits, or use different characters in each portion.

In standard sketch form. if two characters played by the same actor are wearing different clothes, they are different characters. The guys outside the school are not the same people as the guys in the classroom.

That being said, this was highly enjoyable, and I really liked the fight scenes and the Transformer scene (though it was a little to easy to identify Graham's voice through the filter).
Cheers!

That was me.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Sep 2008, 15:23

metcarfre wrote:I really liked the fight scenes and the Transformer scene (though it was a little to easy to identify Graham's voice through the filter).

Except that it was Matt, so HA!
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 22 Sep 2008, 15:23

metcarfre wrote:Despite your best efforts - adding subtitles - the 'intro' portion for the college scene continues to be confusing due to the fact that the characters that appear in both the intro and the scene itself are wearing different outfits in each. Perhaps they could wear the same outfits, or use different characters in each portion.

AFAIK, they're supposed to be different characters. Really, everyone outside of the professor is just a warm body rather than an actual character. There are only two characters in the actual scene: the professor, and the professor's intense derision for his students.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Gregor E

Postby Gregor E » 22 Sep 2008, 15:25

The Fridge'd! bit was definitely the best. It was pretty funny when it fell, but Morgan leaping (not just jumping) out and delivering his line made it hilarious. Very, very hilarious.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”