Rapidfire II - 02

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Ceer

Postby Ceer » 23 Sep 2008, 11:45

JoeNewberry wrote:
Graham wrote:FYI for all:
It's all good.

Everything is fine, nothing is broken.

But that still doesn't answer the burning question. Which Victorian-era queen of France are you?

Fun fact, in researching the matter, because I wasn't sure if France had any queens during Victoria's reign, it turns out France can't/couldn't legally have a female monarch in charge, only queen consorts.

Well I'll be darned, you learn something new every day!
-Leadership
-Vision
-Trousers
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 23 Sep 2008, 14:38

A little late it seems.... (wow more than one hundred posts on the first day!) but I REALLY enjoyed this!!! I can't really say a favourite part because it was all really well done. The new additions were superb. I was hoping to see the Darkness guys back again, but after watching I didn't miss them.

I'm curious where the Riley/Rodrigues is going... as you hinted it was building to something. Guess I will have to be patient and wait for now.

Overall - Aeeeeeee!!!!!
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
TyGuy88

Postby TyGuy88 » 23 Sep 2008, 14:54

Ah rapidfire...brings back good memories of the first series, seems like ages ago now. The sound effects in the fight scenes worked wonders, and there's plenty of new gags too. Also, you guys new the thing that needed to be kept is the crime scene gag, good thinking.
Ender: No luck sarge, he "says" he doesn't know.
(WACK)
Moody: Suppose we try again...
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 23 Sep 2008, 17:19

I totally think im Bumblebee
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
robothero
First Video: Ways to drink a Coke?

Postby robothero » 23 Sep 2008, 17:31

JoeNewberry wrote:
Matt wrote:they all play "the entertainer" here.

Another one of those fascinating cultural differences I would not have known about without LRR.

I didn't know this would be so strongly determined by region. I need to figure out what they play here. (I've heard it, but I can't name it.)
canucksfan

Postby canucksfan » 23 Sep 2008, 19:56

wow, this one blew my mind! Way funnier than the first. I was watching the first, and I was thinking, "meh." Then I saw this one and noticed the huge improvements in jokes and overall quality. Well done!
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 23 Sep 2008, 20:44

are the hat-wearing guys and rappers supposed to be establishing shots for the sheperd and class room bits respectively? Because the idea of establishing shots seems contrary to rapidfire.
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 23 Sep 2008, 21:05

Cybren wrote:are the hat-wearing guys and rappers supposed to be establishing shots for the sheperd and class room bits respectively? Because the idea of establishing shots seems contrary to rapidfire.

Antique street show had establishers.
Do the Catterpillar!

*wiggle wiggle*
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 23 Sep 2008, 21:08

Matt wrote:I thought queen was funnier than king, so I left it be.

-m

I personally thought of that "Rejected" short. It had one line in particular that made reference to the queen of France.
It made the joke funnier for me.
JoeNewberry
First Video: Rejected "Get a Mac" Ads

Postby JoeNewberry » 23 Sep 2008, 21:17

Vaughn wrote:
Cybren wrote:are the hat-wearing guys and rappers supposed to be establishing shots for the sheperd and class room bits respectively? Because the idea of establishing shots seems contrary to rapidfire.

That's true...hilarious establishers as a matter of fact. When you think about it, those had a kind of caption because the sign on the wall Morgan would look at setup what we were about to see.

As to the ice cream truck music: In Georgia, all the ice cream trucks I ever saw played a generic music box tune of unknown origin.

I love the Internet, here is a whole page on the subject of ice cream truck music, with MP3 samples: http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2006/06/ice_cream_truck.html
Last edited by JoeNewberry on 23 Sep 2008, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 23 Sep 2008, 21:18

Vaughn wrote:

At the very least they've incorporated visual bits into them now, which is a plus. I recall that was just a shot of the flyer wasn't it?
JoeNewberry

Postby JoeNewberry » 23 Sep 2008, 21:22

Cybren wrote:
Vaughn wrote:

At the very least they've incorporated visual bits into them now, which is a plus. I recall that was just a shot of the flyer wasn't it?

Morgan would walk up with some odd bit of something, like a Bad Dudes NES cartridge, then look affirmingly at the flyer.
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 23 Sep 2008, 21:23

JoeNewberry wrote:
Cybren wrote:
Vaughn wrote:

Morgan would walk up with some odd bit of something, like a Bad Dudes NES cartridge, then look affirmingly at the flyer.

Who would ever sell their Bad Dudes cartridge?
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 23 Sep 2008, 21:23

Cybren wrote:
Vaughn wrote:

Nopers. Morgan walked by the flyer, saw it, looked at a worthless piece of crap he was carrying, shrugged, and walked in the direction of the show.
That was almost always how it went.

EDIT: Beaten utterly to the punch...
Last edited by Dominic Appleguard on 24 Sep 2008, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
JoeNewberry

Postby JoeNewberry » 23 Sep 2008, 21:40

Cybren wrote:
JoeNewberry wrote:

Who would ever sell their Bad Dudes cartridge?

Morgan, I guess. Perhaps he wasn't a bad enough dude to save the president.

I guess to put things back on topic I should mention, again, that I'd have rather had story guy back than Riley and Rodriguez. Riley's Batman logic is funny, but the punchline is starting to wear thin on me. I keep waiting for Riley to either be wrong or to actually beat Rodriguez to identifying the perpetrator. Also, more Warriors of Darkness in funny customer service situations, please. To finish on a positive note, I loved the Fridged scene. It might only have been better had you superimposed a bloody "FRIDGED!" logo over it in homage to the Mortal Kombat arcade cabinet crushing fatality.
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 23 Sep 2008, 21:56

I think it may simply be that ice cream trucks in the Pacific Northwest play "The Entertainer."

I know they do in at least:

Juneau, Alaska
Olympia, Washington
Lacey, Washington
Greater Seattle Area (Kent, Seattle, Tacoma, Kirkland, etc.), Washington
Tri-Cities (Kennewick, Richland, Pasco), Washington
Seaside, Oregon
Portland, Oregon
Astoria, Oregon

My family used to spend every summer rolling around that area, and my brother and I would chase down ice cream trucks like melonfarmers. I have a little music box that plays "The Entertainer" and it always makes me want to have ice cream.
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 24 Sep 2008, 02:41

You just got Fridged! - best line ever!!!
CaPpY wrote:dark_realm really is a jerk....
Bob The Magic Camel

Postby Bob The Magic Camel » 24 Sep 2008, 05:05

Out if interest: did you lift the name "Uther Pendragon from British legend, or from Howl's Moving Castle?
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 24 Sep 2008, 05:42

Sable wrote:I think it may simply be that ice cream trucks in the Pacific Northwest play "The Entertainer."

I know they do in at least:

Juneau, Alaska
Olympia, Washington
Lacey, Washington
Greater Seattle Area (Kent, Seattle, Tacoma, Kirkland, etc.), Washington
Tri-Cities (Kennewick, Richland, Pasco), Washington
Seaside, Oregon
Portland, Oregon
Astoria, Oregon

My family used to spend every summer rolling around that area, and my brother and I would chase down ice cream trucks like melonfarmers. I have a little music box that plays "The Entertainer" and it always makes me want to have ice cream.

They also play it in Eugene, Oregon where I live
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 24 Sep 2008, 09:24

Bob The Magic Camel wrote:Out if interest: did you lift the name "Uther Pendragon from British legend, or from Howl's Moving Castle?

I think the fact that he's an Arthurian Recreationist sort of answers that question. Much as I love Howl's Moving Castle.
Bob The Magic Camel

Postby Bob The Magic Camel » 24 Sep 2008, 09:48

Graham wrote:
Bob The Magic Camel wrote:Out if interest: did you lift the name "Uther Pendragon from British legend, or from Howl's Moving Castle?

I think the fact that he's an Arthurian Recreationist sort of answers that question. Much as I love Howl's Moving Castle.

I totally missed that. I knew I was unobservant, but I thought I at least picked up what was directly said.
BirdofPrey

Postby BirdofPrey » 24 Sep 2008, 20:37

Tim wrote:Care to elaborate on your displeasure, BirdofPrey? Constructive feedback is far more helpful.
Master Gunner wrote:I'm going to have to go with Tim on this one. Picard-Facepalm is a very serious accusation, it is not something to be done lightly. So what, pray tell, brings this to such levels of shenanigans?

It was a bit too random.
Plus the Bil and James fighting thing isn't funny in the least bit.
and the Bill Clinton joke is old even if it suits Morgan

I'm sorry, I guess I'm just used to the regular videos.
Easy Bake Spore was good, so was the one about Graham having a 4 armed love slave, and of course I had lots of fun watching Man Cooking and Eyewitness reports (my favorite BTW); this contains none of the qualities of those.
I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 24 Sep 2008, 20:53

Fair enough.

I will say that it wasn't really a "Bill Clinton joke" per se—I liked where we went with that one, and Morgan's delivery.

No need to apologize, it's not for everyone. Personally I love Rapidfire, but it won't be stopping the regular videos.
BirdofPrey

Postby BirdofPrey » 24 Sep 2008, 20:59

Good to know.
What you really need to do is another Loading Ready Labs
I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 24 Sep 2008, 21:03

BirdofPrey wrote:Good to know.
What you really need to do is another Loading Ready Labs

This is true

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”