Rapidfire II - 02

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 22 Sep 2008, 19:53

Indeed it was. If I was going door to door, and someone did that to me. I would be confused as shit.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
SirSinpesAlot

Re: cool!

Postby SirSinpesAlot » 22 Sep 2008, 19:55

avatarkayla wrote:I'm sorry i got so confused last time :cry: , but I'm pretty sure that was a "Mormon" in it this time!!

Fixed
Bento

Great Video

Postby Bento » 22 Sep 2008, 20:22

I am so happy that rapid fires back. My only change I would have made to this video is when Graham was hushing the Jehova's Witness I would have had him walk in after him implying homosexuality.
When the God's wish to punish us, they answer our prayers -Oscar Wilde
Graham
Super Moderator

Re: Great Video

Postby Graham » 22 Sep 2008, 20:24

Grif6988 wrote:I am so happy that rapid fires back. My only change I would have made to this video is when Graham was hushing the Jehova's Witness I would have had him walk in after him implying homosexuality.

That's not the joke.
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 22 Sep 2008, 20:27

Grif6988 wrote:I am so happy that rapid fires back. My only change I would have made to this video is when Graham was hushing the Jehova's Witness I would have had him walk in after him implying homosexuality.

Did you just call storyguy gay?
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
Bento

Postby Bento » 22 Sep 2008, 20:32

Graham wrote:

That's not the joke.
.Oh I know I'm saying thats what I would have done. For some reason that scene reminded me of monty python sketch where I think it was Terry Jones goes up to John Cleese and reports a robery and at the end asks him "do you want to go back to my place
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 22 Sep 2008, 20:34

That was not Story guy, Vaughn. Story Guy's creepy younger brother, Awkward Guy, maybe, but not Story Guy.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 22 Sep 2008, 20:49

I am mystified by the ability of forum members to note, as their first reaction in the thread, crew members' groins and asscracks.
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 22 Sep 2008, 20:56

tak197 wrote:That was not Story guy, Vaughn. Story Guy's creepy younger brother, Awkward Guy, maybe, but not Story Guy.

That was absolutly story guy. Because it makes it a "This shh is for your own good, because the police will never find the body" shh.
Do the Catterpillar!

*wiggle wiggle*
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 22 Sep 2008, 20:57

Vaughn wrote:
tak197 wrote:That was not Story guy, Vaughn. Story Guy's creepy younger brother, Awkward Guy, maybe, but not Story Guy.

That was absolutly story guy. Because it makes it a "This shh is for your own good, because the police will never find the body" shh.
And I think that just made it so much more funny for me.
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Sep 2008, 21:24

It's... it's not supposed to be Story Guy.

Postby avatarkayla » 22 Sep 2008, 22:06

[quote="Grif6988"][quote="Graham"][quote="Grif6988"]I am so happy that rapid fires back. My only change I would have made to this video is when Graham was hushing the Jehova's Witness I would have had him walk in after him implying homosexuality.[/quote]
That's not the joke.[/quote] .Oh I know I'm saying thats what I would have done. For some reason that scene reminded me of monty python sketch where I think it was Terry Jones goes up to John Cleese and reports a robery and at the end asks him "do you want to go back to my place[/quote]

LOL that would have been HAWT!!! yaoi makes everything better!
forty6andtwo

Postby forty6andtwo » 22 Sep 2008, 22:12

Graham wrote:
metcarfre wrote:I really liked the fight scenes and the Transformer scene (though it was a little to easy to identify Graham's voice through the filter).

Except that it was Matt, so HA!

Ah HAH!! So this proves it! Matt is not Optimus Prime, but some lowly Hondabot. I guess that makes ME Optimus Prime. Suck it down, Hondabot!!

Best part imho was the slap fight that ensued between Bill and James, you guys looked like you were really going at it in the opening scene. I've had rediculously long battles with friends in SCII, made me rofl.
~~Out of work drummer in Victoria looking for a band to play with, inquire within~~
Bento

Postby Bento » 22 Sep 2008, 22:52

Grif6988 wrote:
Graham wrote:

That's not the joke.
.Oh I know I'm saying thats what I would have done. For some reason that scene reminded me of monty python sketch where I think it was Terry Jones goes up to John Cleese and reports a robery and at the end asks him "do you want to go back to my place

LOL that would have been HAWT!!! yaoi makes everything better!

Couldn’t agree more.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 22 Sep 2008, 23:45

forty6andtwo wrote:
Graham wrote:
metcarfre wrote:I really liked the fight scenes and the Transformer scene (though it was a little to easy to identify Graham's voice through the filter).

Ah HAH!! So this proves it! Matt is not Optimus Prime, but some lowly Hondabot. I guess that makes ME Optimus Prime. Suck it down, Hondabot!!

Best part imho was the slap fight that ensued between Bill and James, you guys looked like you were really going at it in the opening scene. I've had rediculously long battles with friends in SCII, made me rofl.

That whole Optimus Prime thing is getting really old. I tried ignoring it at length, but apparently not acknowledging it has failed to clue you in to the fact that you're not getting a rise out of me.

Fact is, you are not Optimus Prime. Optimus Prime is a fictional character from a 1980's+ cartoon series created for no purpose other than to sell children toys. I like those toys. I collect those toys. They are still toys. I don't claim to be Optimus Prime, I don't claim to wish I was Optimus Prime, and quite frankly I don't care if you think you're Optimus Prime or the queen of victorian-era France. Just know that that joke is getting really obnoxious and tired. Time to move on.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Sep 2008, 23:47

I, on the other hand, do think I'm the Queen of Victorian-era France.

You may bow.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 23 Sep 2008, 00:32

We are honored to, your majesty.

*removes hat and bows low*

Regardless, your eminence was asking at an earlier point why Matt seems like an ass sometimes? See his post above yours. It reads in a fairly hostile manner, even when I tell myself to read it objectively, as if posted by someone else.

And as for the whole Prime argument, clearly Matt has some connection to the big OP because he quite clearly mistook his Sporeling, Tim, for Optimus Prime upon first contact.

~Alja~
JoeNewberry
First Video: Rejected "Get a Mac" Ads

Postby JoeNewberry » 23 Sep 2008, 00:39

Matt wrote:they all play "the entertainer" here.

-m

Another one of those fascinating cultural differences I would not have known about without LRR.

I for one was too dense to grasp the establishing shots, particularly the campaign one, so thanks Graham for catering to me, and those like me, with this particular form of brain damage by using the subtitles.

Graham wrote:I, on the other hand, do think I'm the Queen of Victorian-era France.

You may bow.

Which queen are you, though, Maria Amalia of the Two Sicilies or Eugénie de Montijo?
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 23 Sep 2008, 00:49

Alja-Markir wrote:And as for the whole Prime argument, clearly Matt has some connection to the big OP because he quite clearly mistook his Sporeling, Tim, for Optimus Prime upon first contact.

~Alja~

Which we realise is a scripted sketch and so may not reflect his real personality, but that above post certainly does read with quite a bit of hostility.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 23 Sep 2008, 01:15

That's probably it.

Prime is nowhere near that hostile.

*ducks*

~Alja~
Corncob

Postby Corncob » 23 Sep 2008, 01:15

Hondabot = the return of "buystuffonline.com" voice filter ?

more rapid fire!
forty6andtwo

Postby forty6andtwo » 23 Sep 2008, 01:54

Matt wrote:
forty6andtwo wrote:
Graham wrote:

That whole Optimus Prime thing is getting really old. I tried ignoring it at length, but apparently not acknowledging it has failed to clue you in to the fact that you're not getting a rise out of me.

Fact is, you are not Optimus Prime. Optimus Prime is a fictional character from a 1980's+ cartoon series created for no purpose other than to sell children toys. I like those toys. I collect those toys. They are still toys. I don't claim to be Optimus Prime, I don't claim to wish I was Optimus Prime, and quite frankly I don't care if you think you're Optimus Prime or the queen of victorian-era France. Just know that that joke is getting really obnoxious and tired. Time to move on.

-m

Oh well, at least I thought it was funny, which is what counts for the most part. I mean its the whole reason you guys make your videos, because you think they are funny, not because we think they are funny, right? Anyway, sorry to hear it pissed you off, I thought you would have more of a sense of humour about it. And don't feel like you have to repost something to lecture me further on it dude. The joke was simply a throwback to the podcast where you freaked out about it in the first place when a question was asked from the Ask LRR thread. I seem to remember you "peaking the levels" about it. Good game. Way to make me not want to come see you guys live and buy a T-shirt. I'm really going to have to think about wether or not attending this upcoming event is worth me feeling uncomfortable with the possibility that you might freak out like this at me in real life.
~~Out of work drummer in Victoria looking for a band to play with, inquire within~~
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 23 Sep 2008, 02:26

In the interests of keeping this sketch comedy thread funny and to avoid this awkward downward spiralling, here's an embaressing fact about me. I made the last girl I kissed cry!
JoeNewberry
First Video: Rejected "Get a Mac" Ads

Postby JoeNewberry » 23 Sep 2008, 02:29

Emperor Gum wrote:In the interests of keeping this sketch comedy thread funny and to avoid this awkward downward spiralling, here's an embaressing fact about me. I made the last girl I kissed cry!

So now instead of being funny it's going to be sad? Did she cry because you kissed her?
forty6andtwo

Postby forty6andtwo » 23 Sep 2008, 02:40

Hey man thats not so bad, at least you didn't make her cry after having sex with her. That would be very sad indeed. It would (and has I'm sure) make for good Comedy Movie fodder. Of course if she laughs afterwards it's even sadder and funnier.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”