I SAW What You Did There

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 29 Oct 2008, 15:00

...tastes just as sweet.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 29 Oct 2008, 19:13

Graham wrote:
Matt wrote:
Graham wrote:
Elomin Sha wrote:I've been meaning to ask, what are Timbits?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timbits

They're delicious, is what they are.

Long-story short, they are knon to the rest of the universe (outside canada) as "donut holes".

As mentioned in the more-than succinct Wikipedia article you just quoted.

FLOW CHART TIME!

Did someone just get dun told?
l
L>No-----> Do nothing
l
L>Yes----> OH SNAP!

OH SNAP, SON!
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 29 Oct 2008, 21:19

Tak I lol'd that was a good "Oh snap" ^-^
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 29 Oct 2008, 21:47

I don't think I'd want to eat Timbits. I don't want to be eating bits of myself (name's Tim).

But yeah, the box even looks like Dunkin's Munchkins box, construction-wise. I want Munchkins now (not any less of a bad name for a food product than Timbits).
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 29 Oct 2008, 22:19

I was in a movie theater a few months ago & saw the poster below. "V! They remade V for the big screen!" I thought. The prominent single letter title & disturbing mask made from a human face made me sure of it. I was so excited. Then later, to my dismay & outright horror, I learned it was yet another Saw film. Sigh.

Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
achesst

Postby achesst » 29 Oct 2008, 23:29

1st: I like the saw films.

2nd: Yeah, a lot of the times the "victims" in the saw films are as bad, if not worse than these two. Like, Hm...I know! I'll saw through the new, industrial strength chain with my flimsy saw. Forget the old, rotting pipe it's connected to, that would never work. Also, very nice Billy doll. I think he and Gibb should be friends.

I know my consistently praise filled comments are not helpful critique-wise, but I truly do love all that you guys put out, and feel I should be honest. Thanks again!
huddlehouseninja

Postby huddlehouseninja » 30 Oct 2008, 00:48

Just saw Saw V.. I was pissed. It was crappy.

However, seeing your take on Saw and the triumphant return of our favorite bumbling criminals made my day!!!
I have a vagina, and it is sans teeth.
Pulaskee

Postby Pulaskee » 30 Oct 2008, 01:27

I will be contacting my ISP soon.
at work i had no issue at all and its about the same set up but with a different ISP.
I'll be pissy if they blocked it.
Just remember, in a parallel universe we made love to each other.
Pulaskee

Postby Pulaskee » 30 Oct 2008, 02:12

that....was......mind.....................
LCom

Postby LCom » 30 Oct 2008, 05:14

Pulaskee wrote:
SilverClaw wrote:Is it just my stupid connection, or are others having trouble seeing the video? I went to try to view it a couple hours ago, and then just now and the video never loads (as in, the flash window never appears), and even the RSS feed fails to download the video (after trying the download link on the video page, which fails). Even the Quicktime version doesn't load. In other words, there's no way for me to view this week's video. D: Please say it isn't something on my end....I was able to view videos just the other day, but now none of them work from what I can tell. I'm just worried that something has gotten screwed up here.
You to!
i watched it yesterday. yelped in joy when i herd the small time theme music. the key bit, fantastic.
but when i tried to view it today so that i could go to work all happy like it didnt work. none of them did...i cant even get to revver.
Great. So apparently Rever exploded for about half of our country...? Whatever it is, it make me a very sad panda. But with that dr. Jekyel Mr. Hyde thing. So a sad panda that becomes an evil...umm...what does a panda become when it flips out?
ImageImage
Pulaskee

Postby Pulaskee » 30 Oct 2008, 08:15

tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 30 Oct 2008, 15:29

Evil Jim wrote:I was in a movie theater a few months ago & saw the poster below. "V! They remade V for the big screen!" I thought. The prominent single letter title & disturbing mask made from a human face made me sure of it. I was so excited. Then later, to my dismay & outright horror, I learned it was yet another Saw film. Sigh.

I didn't like anything I heard about Saw, though Scary Movie 4 was a pretty good approximation of what I heard about it. Also, V was pretty freaky, and I only saw parts of it on "I Love the 80s"
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 30 Oct 2008, 15:37

tak197 wrote:I didn't like anything I heard about Saw, though Scary Movie 4 was a pretty good approximation of what I heard about it. Also, V was pretty freaky, and I only saw parts of it on "I Love the 80s"

I haven't seen any but the first one, but I did really enjoy it. It wasn't superbloodygory or stupid like I've heard the 3rd one (and maybe 2nd one?) is/are. Reminded me a little bit of Phone Booth to be honest.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 31 Oct 2008, 21:14

James totally has a Cisco beanie.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 01 Nov 2008, 08:30

Cake wrote:James totally has a Cisco beanie.

Beanie? Srsly?

Calling a toque a "beanie" is, I think, my least favourite Americanism. :) It sounds so sissy. A beanie is a little round cap with a propellor on top of it. Little four year-old boys wear them.

Ah well. If the sneaker fits...
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
InsaneFool
First Video: How to Talk like a Pirate

Postby InsaneFool » 01 Nov 2008, 09:20

Tim wrote:
Cake wrote:James totally has a Cisco beanie.

Beanie? Srsly?

Calling a toque a "beanie" is, I think, my least favourite Americanism. :) It sounds so sissy. A beanie is a little round cap with a propellor on top of it. Little four year-old boys wear them.

Ah well. If the sneaker fits...

I prefer Watchcap over Beanie...but Touque still rules :D
Personal Fail Count: 3ish? (So Far)
Follow me on Twitter
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 01 Nov 2008, 18:13

Tim wrote:Calling a toque a "beanie" is, I think, my least favourite Americanism. :) It sounds so sissy. A beanie is a little round cap with a propellor on top of it. Little four year-old boys wear them.

Beanie's not common in most places I've lived, and "hat" is virtually always used rather than specifying.
The etymology for toque is silly.
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?sea ... hmode=none
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 01 Nov 2008, 21:09

beanie: Image

toque:

-m

I am not angry at you.
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 01 Nov 2008, 21:56

this is a beanie in australia:Image
the propeller hat is just called propeller hat :P
the toque is just called flaps, beanie with flaps, flap hat, youdoucheit'snotevenremotelycoldenoughtowearone hat or the 'loser' hat.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 01 Nov 2008, 22:17

Yeah, we call that a Beanie here in the States, as well.

At least, Colorado.

It's called a Propeller Beanie because propellers are usually added to beanies. Anything else is simply a propeller hat. Minus the propeller, it's simply a Beanie. If it's not a Beanie and doesn't have a propeller, then it's merely a hat. Adjectives may be added to the hat depending on the purpose. Example: I think Toques are usually called "Ski caps" around here.

Incidentally, my dad has a propeller beanie exactly like the one Matt posted, except the animal is a tiger instead of a frog.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 01 Nov 2008, 22:27

this is also a toque. the defining feature is that it is knitted. any kind of knitted hat like this is a toque.

-m

I am not angry at you.
masamune

Postby masamune » 01 Nov 2008, 22:31

Matt wrote:this is also a toque. the defining feature is that it is knitted. any kind of knitted hat like this is a toque.

-m

how do you pronounce that? i want to freak out some friends with words they've never heard of.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 02 Nov 2008, 03:00

masamune wrote:
Matt wrote:this is also a toque. the defining feature is that it is knitted. any kind of knitted hat like this is a toque.

-m

how do you pronounce that? i want to freak out some friends with words they've never heard of.

Toe-k

I think.
InsaneFool
First Video: How to Talk like a Pirate

Postby InsaneFool » 02 Nov 2008, 05:04

Too-k
Personal Fail Count: 3ish? (So Far)
Follow me on Twitter
masamune

Postby masamune » 02 Nov 2008, 05:27

thanks. :P