Rapidfire II - 06

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Tank_girl

Postby Tank_girl » 16 Dec 2008, 01:25

Wow... I just gotta say, thats an amazing Totem pole... I LOVE IT!

Lets get rid of Matt and replace him with that Totem pole.
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 16 Dec 2008, 01:50

I also love how Detective Rodriguez needs to work on his logic-jumps.

"...in the back."

"Johan Sebastian Bach--"

"...ehhh..."
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
Valandil

Postby Valandil » 16 Dec 2008, 03:31

Brilliant. Just, truly, brilliant.

But no Warriors of Darkness? Or was Derek's detainment the last one of that arc?
Wraith wrote:WHY DOES THIS KEEP GETTING HARDER?!
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 16 Dec 2008, 06:39

Well, I guess you showed me with the bar scenes. This episode was tight, and I love the way that Paul's students don't seem to appreciate how much contempt he has for them. Overall, I wasn't a fan of the transitions in the series, but the episodes have been getting progressively better most of the time. The 'Bach' bit was pretty damn funny.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 16 Dec 2008, 07:13

That's one of the stranger graduation gowns I've seen. Are the slit shoulders intentional or a flaw in the costume?

It was a good surprise seeing the Shush Guy interrupt another established sketch. I still think he looks best when Graham hasn't shaved for a few days.

One of my favourite bits has been the silent story between the supporters of the Red & Blue candidates. As soon as I saw Matt I knew what had happened & Paul's cheerful dance matched my own. It's too bad we never saw Mr. Stevenson speaking. I'm curious as to what his views on some of the issues were.

The payoff for the bar scene was excellent. Altho' one of my predictions had them going home together I was still way off on just how it happened.

Congrats to 'Detective' Rodriguez's promotion. I think I like the back & forth between the two a bit more than just Riley explaining the crime scene. They both need to work on their facts tho'. John Lennon was actually shot four times.* In the back. :-(

Also, hooray for Professor Plackett. Now that his class has graduated (or not) he can finally get back to his gardening.

*Mark David Chapman was denied parole again earlier this year.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Telaril

Postby Telaril » 16 Dec 2008, 07:22

Matt's cop is just so adorable. I laugh at that final bit every time I watch it.

I also really liked the payoff of the "explanation" sketches. Well played!

Paul's professor is definitely one of your best recurring characters. "Mean Paul" is just so incongruous from his default impression that it is marvelously devastating when employed well. (See also: the facebook gag in Commodore Hustle 1.) There's something about his matter-of-factness about it all that is just perfect.
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 16 Dec 2008, 07:33

Matt's drink is preposterous.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 16 Dec 2008, 07:41

I loved Kathleen's line in the end of the bar scene. That is one married couple that I'd love to see in a normal, non-alcoholic situation.
Telekenesis

Postby Telekenesis » 16 Dec 2008, 07:44

I have to say, Matt looks ADORABLE when he puts on his detective glasses (aviators?).

Brilliant ending to a brilliant season.. When is season III starting?
Graham wrote:Clearly I'm dancing like a ninny intentionally.

Graham wrote:It's a lot of phun.
krzwis

Postby krzwis » 16 Dec 2008, 08:26

very good job. It was nice to see alot of the skits somewhat wrapped up in their hilarity: the drunk guy really being the woman's significant other, Rodriques making detective and using free thinking logic to solve a case with Riley. The explanation sketch NOT using some big dept detail with symbolism that had nothing to do with the actual thing. The graduation.

I still miss the wariors of darkness and a few of the other skits (but i guess the wariors skit series ended in that earlier episode when they went on vacation.

Over all, very good job guys, i am surprised just how much footage you keep from months and months ago. Honestly, i do not think I can stay that motivated to run a production like that..... but to be fair this is your 6th year doing this... and compare some of the 1st season videos to this one and you can see how far they have gon in their creativity and superb production.

Back to the original topic: awesome job guys...awesome
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 16 Dec 2008, 08:30

Graham wrote:
metcarfre wrote:Something that didn't quite work; the explanation sketch. It's so weird.

The point there being that, for once, Jeff actually explained something simply, and in a way Johnny could understand. No frills.

Oh no, I totally understand that. It just... didn't work for some reason. Sorry.
Also +1 to the Shush Guy. I think he should keep coming back as the requisite creepy guy. I keep getting a 'Senor Cardgage' vibe off of him. It'd be pretty sweet if in cHUSTLE Shush Guy was Graham's creepy neighbour across the hall or something.
Red Charlie

Postby Red Charlie » 16 Dec 2008, 09:54

Aw Matt is soooo cute! I want to give him a big hug....

No really, I thought he was cute.

Loved the last rapidfire 2 great stuff. They must take months to write especially for the pay off.
It was really too big:

I give you this instead

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Dec 2008, 16:28

We need more of Shush Guy interrupting awkward/strange situations! Just make sure that it's scruffy-Graham playing shush guy. Clean-shaven and full-beard just don't work as well with Shush guy.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Jester

Postby Jester » 16 Dec 2008, 16:53

Graham wrote:Thanks! But this is actually the last one. Glad it's a good one!

Last last, or just the last for the season? Sorry I'm a lil' slow on the up take some times
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 16 Dec 2008, 17:06

It was the last Rapidfire for Series 2. At this point it is probably too early to say when the next Rapidfire will be. Considering the last one bridged seasons 3 & 4, it could possibly be a while.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 16 Dec 2008, 20:08

metcarfre wrote:I also miss the use of a uniting theme. Or perhaps the graduation scene was it?

Of course it was.
deadagain

great episode

Postby deadagain » 17 Dec 2008, 04:14

Deffinatly one of my favourite rapifires of this season
"too slow, you really did fail"
alot of good humour in this episode.
25th post
The below statement is True.
The above statement is False.
arallyn

Postby arallyn » 17 Dec 2008, 07:59

-Matt does the awkward newbie cuteness amazingly.

-Great end to the pickup line sketch...was totally expecting Kathleen just to punch Nate out or something.

-I always *sort of* liked the Prof. Plackett sketches, but they were never the best things for me; this one was awesome, though. Definite lol when he punched out Matt.

-Explanation sketch end wasn't great imo, but that's probably because I wasn't a huge fan of them to begin with. I get the ridiculousness of the earlier explanations, and why this is funny, it just didn't get a lol out of me. More of an eyeroll.

Lag
First Video: Ways to get a Ticket

Postby Lag » 17 Dec 2008, 08:29

Flewellyn wrote:
the amativeness wrote:
Flewellyn wrote:I notice that it's always Morgan you get naked.

And always Matt you hit.

Do you really want to see Matt naked?

Well, we sort of did in that one LRR T-shirt ad...

don't forget Easy Bake Spore

metcarfre wrote:Overall guys, that was super awesome. The conclusion of Riley & Rodriguez was great. How about a Riley & Rodriguez + Jangles & Jones crossover? No?

YES, maybe, if you can film and edit it properly (I have no dought in my mind BTW) you could get the Small Time Guys to be the bad guys they're after. Maybe even Evil Inc. ...This sounds like a season ender....
Last edited by Lag on 17 Dec 2008, 08:37, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 17 Dec 2008, 08:32

Guys, I'm RIGHT here.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Lag
First Video: Ways to get a Ticket

Postby Lag » 17 Dec 2008, 08:33

Matt wrote:Guys, I'm RIGHT here.

-m

We still love you

and I tottaly didn't imply anything by my post...I swear
Flewellyn

Postby Flewellyn » 17 Dec 2008, 10:15

-m

But...if you're there...and we're here...and Istanbul is in the Bosporus region of Turkey...

Then, who shot the commissioner?
Fuzzyfreaker
First Video: CSI: CSI

Postby Fuzzyfreaker » 17 Dec 2008, 11:01

-m

Oh.

awkward...
16bitgamer

Postby 16bitgamer » 17 Dec 2008, 15:54

most unexpected ending ever, but does this mean the end of that sketch's hilarious classroom antics?
"Once the chickensaurus was added to the equasion it all became painfully obvious."
Zombaholic
First Video: Bioshocked

Postby Zombaholic » 17 Dec 2008, 16:13

Sable wrote:Matt's drink is rather tasty looking and Zombaholic is a really cool guy
Ask me anything about Reboot!
Don't ask me anything about reboot

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”