Hanging

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 19 Jan 2009, 14:26

Graham wrote:
Canonfoder wrote:
Frozengale wrote:I was totally expecting Graham to do the Junk Kick right after Brad went for the high five, but oh well.

They've already used a junk kick joke this year. And it was a good one, why try again when you know it wouldn't have been as funny?

Exactly.

We don't want to come across as a one-junk-kick pony.

Wait. You don't want to come across as a one-junk-kick pony... sooo...
In order to facilitate that... you only perform one junk kick...

*puzzles*

It would have been hilarious to have the junk kick just on its own, it would have been a callback for those of us who loved the kick in cHustle, and it wouldn't have been as lame as the too slow thing. Which was quite lame.

I think this really did warrant the junk kick just once more, and then you could set aside all leg-groin interaction for awhile.

~Alja~
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 19 Jan 2009, 14:41

Awesome video...

one thing though. Wasn't Alex supposed to be in one more video? He mentioned it in the last AAAL.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 19 Jan 2009, 14:55

Alja-Markir wrote:Wait. You don't want to come across as a one-junk-kick pony... sooo...
In order to facilitate that... you only perform one junk kick...

*puzzles*

That's not what the phrase "one-trick pony" means. A "one-trick pony" is something that can only do one thing well. So some examples would be a soccer player that sucks overall but is good on corner kicks, or a band that plays songs that all sound the same.

So having a junk-kick in every video would make LRR a one-trick pony, or in pun form, a "one-junk-kick pony."

If you were being sarcastic/facetious, I apologize for the condescending explanation. O_O
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Nomadic
First Video: Serious Cravings

Postby Nomadic » 19 Jan 2009, 14:56

That was hilarious. Well played, Graham. Well played.

Also, Brad is epic at acting. Very well done. =)
Successfully lurking since 1709.
Philes

Postby Philes » 19 Jan 2009, 15:06

While amusing, I feel like I'm missing the regular cast of LRR. Where are Matt/Paul/Jer/James/Morgan/Bill recently? You guys still winding down from a holiday break, or just merely expanding the cast more? I grant that they were in Hustle, maybe I'm just missin' me some tender, sweet Matt/Paul/Jer/James/Morgan/Bill lovin'. I was totally expecting Graham to kick him in the balls surprisingly at the end, nice job avoiding that one.

Still a pretty decent video though!
There are things in this world that I dislike. One of the things I dislike the most is a serious argument, well constructed, delivered by someone who makes themselves difficult to respect.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 19 Jan 2009, 15:10

See the season two video The Process for an explanation.

Also that text is too small.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
CommanderKeen
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby CommanderKeen » 19 Jan 2009, 15:17

Sable wrote:Edit: Also, is that house built for midgets? I mean, I know you grow 'em big in Canadia (something in the water?), but those ceilings looked very low.

Such is life in Vancouver, legal and illegal basement suites alike have this problem, especially in older houses.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 19 Jan 2009, 15:27

And this being an illegal basement suite in an older house, Brad and I hit our heads a couple times during shooting. Kathleen doesn't have to duck, but I for one could not live there.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 19 Jan 2009, 15:38

Oh man, the punchline was fantastic. I thought I recognized Graham as being The Douche, but I certainly wasn't expecting the ending. Well played.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 19 Jan 2009, 15:56

Of all the one-shot LRR characters Douchebag Graham was one that I didn't expect to see again! Granted, this time he's named Danial but maybe he has monogrammed toilet paper too.

This is a really funny for being so short. There's a good use of rapidfire delivery & editing here & the walk to the door & into the apartment at the very beginning was a good lead into it.

I'm glad to see Brad in more videos lately. You should use him as often as you can.

The darkened filter is pretty obvious in the scene where Danial was left hanging. It would have looked better to shoot that clip at night, if possible. Plus, the traffic & parked cars would have changed a bit. Speaking of cars, was that Matt driving by in the red convertible during that scene?

The secondary story about driving into a gas station is odd & a nice touch.

It ends pretty fast. For some reason I was expecting another scene after the therapist's visit but it stops there. Perhaps I'm just used to the 3-minute plus videos.

So how does Kathleen feel about being the "sweet piece of ass" in this video?

Edit:
Also, I really appreciated the Fight Club reference. I recently read the book & it is awesome.

As for junk-hits, there was one in A Sacred Duty but that was way back last season.
Last edited by Evil Jim on 19 Jan 2009, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 19 Jan 2009, 15:59

I don't have anything constructive to say except that I really enjoyed this one. It was a bit Python-esque, in that there are two normal, but completely unrelated situations being crammed together, and no one, in the established universe, thinks it's weird.
Not as zany though...
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 19 Jan 2009, 16:26

Jillers wrote:It was a bit Python-esque, in that there are two normal, but completely unrelated situations being crammed together, and no one, in the established universe, thinks it's weird.
Considering events in the last three videos could well be established as "abnormal" (Which I believe is what you were going for, rather than "normal"), I'm not sure there's much reason for them to think of it as wierd.

cH1: Morgan's date & Matt's leaving because of laundry costs (Fact from reality on the latter too)
cH2: DotA, Paul's science, and Matt's 360 deaths
cH3: Line dancing, NesBox
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 19 Jan 2009, 16:27

billyjr82 wrote:P.S. I love how pissed off Graham's character is over the whole thing.

Reminds me of Barney from "How I Met Your Mother." I really liked this weeks video. It was fantastic.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
sevandyk

Postby sevandyk » 19 Jan 2009, 17:39

The therapist is probably my single favourite performance.

Well done! Fantastic!

*forwards to everyone she knows*
Zed Alpha

Postby Zed Alpha » 19 Jan 2009, 17:51

Did they sound/look like Dante and Randall to anyone else?
Frozengale wrote:You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Igloomaker

Bro Code

Postby Igloomaker » 19 Jan 2009, 18:19

I am glad the Bro Code is getting around... and yes it is indeed an actual book written by 'Barney Stinson and Matt Kuhn' it's very funny.

and now that you mention it they do kinda seem like Randall and Dante
krzwis

Postby krzwis » 19 Jan 2009, 18:20

i love what the therapist says, though he seems familular (unless I am wrong) has he been in other videos?
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 19 Jan 2009, 18:25

He was in "Job Hunt" A couple years ago.
http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/21/job-hunt

EDIT: On a completely unrelated note, does Mike still work at the flag shop?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 19 Jan 2009, 18:34

I got to ditto the praise for Mike. Kudos to him for just having that right kind of voice to be a psych and playing the part.

.. though I would have liked the delicious irony if this vid was late.
"LRR för 4 av 5 toasts"
CtMolloy

Postby CtMolloy » 19 Jan 2009, 18:54

I wasn't expecting the therapist, i was all ready for the junk kick. Therapist was funnier though.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 19 Jan 2009, 19:40

I think a random joke that would work with "Douchebag Graham" is if out of nowhere you just hear Paul yell "Graham, I'm putting on the ring..." and you see Graham back down automatically.
Gurei
First Video: First Draft Iron Man Trailer

Postby Gurei » 19 Jan 2009, 19:57

davefp wrote:Great video. The only thing that could have made it better is a time lapse shot of Graham with his hand up as it gets dark, rather than a straight cut. Although I imagine that standing in one place with your arm up in the air gets tiring very fast.
Mayhaps an authentic time lapse with Graham green-screened in? Not sure how well it would go, though.
CommanderKeen
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby CommanderKeen » 19 Jan 2009, 20:49

Gurei wrote:
davefp wrote:Great video. The only thing that could have made it better is a time lapse shot of Graham with his hand up as it gets dark, rather than a straight cut. Although I imagine that standing in one place with your arm up in the air gets tiring very fast.
Mayhaps an authentic time lapse with Graham green-screened in? Not sure how well it would go, though.

The problem with the greenscreen graham on top of a timelapse shot is that the lighting on graham won't match his surroundings. For the sake of making things easy I think they went the best route.
kkief02

Postby kkief02 » 19 Jan 2009, 20:53

That was awesome. I liked how Graham puts his hand up as Brad turns around and follows Kathleen. A little short but still good.
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
Frozengale

Postby Frozengale » 19 Jan 2009, 21:20

Graham wrote:
Canonfoder wrote:
Frozengale wrote:I was totally expecting Graham to do the Junk Kick right after Brad went for the high five, but oh well.

They've already used a junk kick joke this year. And it was a good one, why try again when you know it wouldn't have been as funny?

Exactly.

We don't want to come across as a one-junk-kick pony.

Yeah I understand the dangers of re-using/rehashing a joke over and over, but why did you have to do this so close to Hustle-4, the set up was so perfect....but oh well what's done is done, it was a good video nonetheless
If I ever come up with something witty or interesting I'm not going to display it in plain sight for you buffoons to steal away.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”