Crime and Punishment

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 18 Feb 2009, 04:59

Short and sweet, and Python-ly bizarre, to boot! Great vid, guys! :D

Yaxley wrote:I foresee using the line, "Can I see you in the killing room for sec?" in real life to a person who will have no idea what I'm talking about. It just sounds like it should be a meme.

You could do like Mike Godwin did and just simply deliberately generate a meme (which Godwin's Law actually was - an exercise in memes; I'm willing to bet Mr. G had a bet with someone that "I can start a phrase that becomes a meme." How meta...)
Faye

Postby Faye » 18 Feb 2009, 15:42

So that's what it's like in Canandaland.

lol, jk.

;)
shugotenchi

Postby shugotenchi » 18 Feb 2009, 20:11

Tyron wrote:
shugotenchi wrote:
* It IS good to have all the details. Although I can't imagine when "do you have any family" would come up in a hooker-hookee transaction.

what you've never had a 2 for 1 deal?

Honestly, I can never find the coupon.
"We did not choose to become the guardians, but there is no one else."
shugotenchi

Postby shugotenchi » 18 Feb 2009, 20:16

ChiUnit4evr wrote:[...] it's likely that the flammable nature of the various hair dyes and parachute pants will cause the store to violently explode spreading the purging flames to wholesome businesses like Spencers. We wouldn't want that now would we?

I'd almost bet realistic-looking play money you can't say that again, this time without giggling.
"We did not choose to become the guardians, but there is no one else."
Cureless_Poison
First Video: Fun with microwaves.

Postby Cureless_Poison » 18 Feb 2009, 23:50

I especially enjoy dark humor, being a fan of the "Ichi The Killer" series and "Fight Club". It's nice to see variety in style, keep up the good work guys! :D
ChiUnit4evr
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby ChiUnit4evr » 19 Feb 2009, 08:07

shugotenchi wrote:
ChiUnit4evr wrote:[...] it's likely that the flammable nature of the various hair dyes and parachute pants will cause the store to violently explode spreading the purging flames to wholesome businesses like Spencers. We wouldn't want that now would we?

I'd almost bet realistic-looking play money you can't say that again, this time without giggling.
you make the assumption that I wasn't giggling incessantly when I was typing that post out on my ipod touch in the middle of class.
Over-analytical Nerd
First Video: Somebody Has to Change

Postby Over-analytical Nerd » 19 Feb 2009, 16:04

Wow, some of you talk like you live in a world where cold-hearted brutal unprovoked murder is a CRIME! Sheesh. Or...*looks around*

Yeah, it can't be. Otherwise, I wouldn't have that killing room in the basement. Silly me and my near-doubts.

In other news, I already prepared a to-kill list...I like to be prepared

+1 to Inspector Gadget's Doobee. GO GO GADGET HOOKER KILLING DEVICE!

My suggestion would be to have the camera IN the washer (no one would expect that) or while Graham was pulling out something very...noticeable (like those panties from that Christmas once upon a time)

HURRAY FOR MURDER![/url]
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 19 Feb 2009, 16:08

Over-analytical Nerd wrote:+1 to Inspector Gadget's Doobee. GO GO GADGET HOOKER KILLING DEVICE!

My suggestion would be to have the camera IN the washer (no one would expect that) or while Graham was pulling out something very...noticeable (like those panties from that Christmas once upon a time)
Go Go Gadget Flying Buzzsaw to the Face!

I also think the soiled panties gag has kinda passed it's reference-by date, among other things.
Over-analytical Nerd
First Video: Somebody Has to Change

Postby Over-analytical Nerd » 19 Feb 2009, 16:48

Lyinginbedmon wrote:I also think the soiled panties gag has kinda passed it's reference-by date, among other things.

Exactly! No one would see it coming. Those that do get an inside joke (also emphasizing the time it's been since then), and those that don't get a random and mildly disturbing scene! Everybody wins!...I think...?

Sorry, reflex. I feel compelled to Justinfy (pardon the pun and also tm) any argument of mine that is debated (and any subsequent Justinfication (also tm) of that initial argument). It's the lawyer heritage, I tell ya!

In other news, great range of emotion from Paul. He really looked deadpan at first followed by the evil person in contempt for "love is sacred" hippies.

Your movement is strong, you say? I must do something about that...
The evil cow goes "Moohahaha!"
zico

Postby zico » 20 Feb 2009, 04:09

You know Paul, I really had a huge satisfaction when Graham pulled the trigger and shot you in the face. :)
Sorry, this is no offense - on the contrary: You played your role too good, almost. ;)
And without your beard, the suit and so on, you really looked like some brutal serial killer - one of the "Wow, I would never expect this from that one"-type. But more important - you played it very well. The arrogant attitude when you offered Graham to arrest you - the expression on your face. wow. Heavy. :)
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 20 Feb 2009, 05:09

zico wrote:one of the "Wow, I would never expect this from that one"-type.

You mean like the guy that comes to work with a shotgun going from office to office blowing people away?
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
zico

Postby zico » 20 Feb 2009, 05:19

Just like that. The completly harmless looking killer.
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 21 Feb 2009, 00:20

Fight Club wrote:Well I gotta tell ya, I'd be very, very careful who you talk to about that, because the person who wrote that is dangerous. And this buttoned-down Oxford-cloth psycho might just snap, and then stalk from office to office with an Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon, pumping round after round into colleagues and co-workers. This might be someone you've known for years, someone very, very close to you..........Or maybe you shouldn't bring me every piece of trash you happen to pick up.
Trisha Lynn
First Video: Can't remember

Re: Heavy

Postby Trisha Lynn » 21 Feb 2009, 10:57

Graham wrote:
Shandi wrote:I don't find making light of the murder of prostitutes in itself to be funny.

It definitely isn't, but that's not where the jokes are.
Having said that, Paul initially wrote it the way we shot it, but during writing changed it to "killing my neighbour" to avoid "the hooker issue". But it wasn't as funny.

His crime needed to be more shocking to make his nonchalance about the whole thing work.

But not so shocking as say killing your wife, teenage daughter or mother? 'Cause that could have worked, too.

Trisha Lynn
...hookers have hearts of gold...!
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 21 Feb 2009, 13:22

However, there is just so much of a cliche surrounding the killing of hookers, which makes it more appropriate for this video.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 21 Feb 2009, 14:20

Personally I think the serial killing of prostitutes links Paul closer to Jack the Ripper (Though Jack famously stabbed and gutted his victims, rather than strangling them bare-handed), which is what gives it the "shock" value for me. Not that it really was shocking, but it was a great addition to the storyline.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 21 Feb 2009, 15:44

Just read the blog post for the video. Seriously Tim, can't you tie your own tie?? It's SO simple.

Lay the tie around your nek, wide end longest (Depending on the size of you neck the short end would be about 10 inches). Cross them with the wide end in front. All the next moves are done with the long wide end.
Around the back of both ends, then stick it from the front to the back between the 2 parts. Circle it around the front (loosely) go around the back and out to the front between the 2 parts again. Then stick it through the loop you just made around the front. Pull tight and that's it.

(TLDR: Cross in front, round the back, in between to the back, round the front, in between to the front, through the loop)

What really did it for me in this video was pauls delivery of the lines "Well if you must now. I strangled here with my bare hands, so I could watch the life fade from her eyes as she saw her inevitable doom. NOW, as I was saying". That cracked me up.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 21 Feb 2009, 21:04

I never wear ties. I've tied them for myself a few times, after watching some how-tos on YouTube. It's a strange process, though.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 21 Feb 2009, 21:57

I learned how in Cub Scouts. It was one of the requirements for advancement into some sort. I wear a tie maybe once a year & the lesson has served me well since.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 21 Feb 2009, 23:32

Cureless_Poison wrote:I especially enjoy dark humor, being a fan of the "Ichi The Killer" series and "Fight Club". It's nice to see variety in style, keep up the good work guys! :D

I think I would be able to go gay for Kakihara. And Tyler Durden, assuming he suddenly began existing.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 21 Feb 2009, 23:52

Evil Jim wrote:I learned how in Cub Scouts. It was one of the requirements for advancement into some sort. I wear a tie maybe once a year & the lesson has served me well since.

I almost made it through Cub Scouts (like two achievements away from the Arrow of Light), but I never had to learn to tie a tie. It wasn't until I was a teenager awkwardly going to dances that I learned.

I then, many years later, began working at a men's clothing store, so i had to use my tie tying skills in both the visual store setup as well as helping men get the right tie to go with the shirt and suit. I got really good at it too.

However, all my bowties are clip on. Never learned to tie a bowtie.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 22 Feb 2009, 10:13

I learned how to tie a tie in Air Cadets, and promptly forgot after I quit. Now I generally have to look it up every time I need to do it, although I'm starting to remember again since I have to do it more now, so there's maybe a 50% chance I'll be able to tie a tie at any given time.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
hidn_shadows

huh??

Postby hidn_shadows » 22 Feb 2009, 11:49

okay, is that matt or this tim guy? it says tim svenhuysen, but it looks and sounds like matt. is tim a pod person?
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 22 Feb 2009, 11:51

tim is matt's long lost evil twin... which is bad because matt is pretty damn evil
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Kag

Postby Kag » 22 Feb 2009, 12:37

Matt is the evil twin*. Tim is good.

*Neutral dude who looks vaguely similar

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”