Fun With Microwaves 2

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Zivlok

Postby Zivlok » 19 Mar 2009, 13:38

Capri Sun. Classic. At least for me - when I was in 9th grade, a few people and I always hung out in this teacher's room, and the teacher had a microwave. Well, one day my Capri Sun was still mostly frozen, and I thought that the pouch was just shiny plastic, so I stuck it in the microwave.

The room was then bathed in this weird blue light, until the capri sun caught on fire.

Another good one is to take two glasses, fill them halfway with water (or empty them halfway, if that's your thing), and put a metal spoon in each glass, the handle down, the scoopy bit standing out of the glass (glass should be smaller than the spoon - ice tea spoons?). Then, put both glasses in the microwave, and make it so that the concave sides of the spoons are facing each other. You should then get arcs of electricity going back and forth between the two spoons.
Zivlok

Postby Zivlok » 19 Mar 2009, 13:40

Lyinginbedmon wrote:
HomerTheBrave wrote:I think Junk In Microwave...
I think we have our next Man Cooking AND Iron Stomach

Oh, it took me a bit of backtracking and re-reading to realize what you were referring to by "junk".

I was REALLY worried there for a second...
Frostie_Bandit

Re: Fun With Microwaves 2

Postby Frostie_Bandit » 05 Jul 2009, 15:32

Well, there's a game I play with friends which consists of drawing on two raw eggs, decorating them a bit, and putting them in the microwave, assigning one egg to each player. The one that pops first has to clean the microwave. Another good one, which could be used for a grande finale would be a bottle of champaigne, but keep away and the you might need to get a new microwave
Piogre

Postby Piogre » 07 Oct 2009, 20:48

An aluminum soda can (full) would be cool...
BrewJay
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby BrewJay » 05 Dec 2011, 15:14

CONE OF LIT INCENSE AT THE BOTTOM OF A BEER BOTTLE -- again with water in the machine, because running an oven empty iz not a good idea. It yields plasma, smoke re-burn, at the neck. I am not sure why some guy built an apparatus to do this one, because I saw another guy doing it in a standard, glass-enclosed oven. For dimensions (a beer bottle might be too tall, unless you can find a clear stubby), a Starbuck's bottle might be better. You might be able to get colour out of this one if you dope the incense with metals.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”