Watchmen Watching

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 16 Mar 2009, 23:48

Tank_girl wrote:
shugotenchi wrote:* Thank you for avoiding any mention of "Doctor Manhattan's Project". My wife made me see the movie this weekend and, apparently, when he reassembled himself he used some racehorse parts.

Am i the only one who didn't find the wang to be that big???

Nope, I also did not see anything "omg huge!" about it.
Tank_girl

Postby Tank_girl » 17 Mar 2009, 00:03

Graham wrote:
Tank_girl wrote:
shugotenchi wrote:* Thank you for avoiding any mention of "Doctor Manhattan's Project". My wife made me see the movie this weekend and, apparently, when he reassembled himself he used some racehorse parts.

Lol. What does that say about us??

Maybe we have high standards.

;)
Kdz
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby Kdz » 17 Mar 2009, 00:11

Not only was it not huge (I will say it was bigger than it could have been), I still don't get what everyone's deal was. Especially people who insist on talking about how much the camera 'focuses' on it, despite the fact this never happens. But that's a digression.

I still wanna know who the last person was, and why Tank_Girl apparently didn't get a credit that was deserved. Hmm, perhaps these two things are related? I don't know.
Tank_girl

Postby Tank_girl » 17 Mar 2009, 00:39

Kdz wrote:Not only was it not huge (I will say it was bigger than it could have been), I still don't get what everyone's deal was. Especially people who insist on talking about how much the camera 'focuses' on it, despite the fact this never happens. But that's a digression.

I still wanna know who the last person was, and why Tank_Girl apparently didn't get a credit that was deserved. Hmm, perhaps these two things are related? I don't know.

That was a joke. I dont think i really deserve credit. Im the girl standing behind matt wearing the kitty hat. At the time I relised that they were filming but i figured i was out of shot. I mean if i wasn't i thought i would have been asked to move......
Shaun832

Postby Shaun832 » 17 Mar 2009, 01:11

Best ending ever! Really random.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 17 Mar 2009, 01:27

Tank_girl wrote:I mean if i wasn't i thought i would have been asked to move......

Don't worry, I was mostly focussing on James and Matt being weird and didn't notice the rest of shot.
We also don't usually credit people who are just in the ad, otherwise if we take the ad off a given video, the credits are wrong. So, there's that.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 17 Mar 2009, 01:51

Tank_girl wrote:
Graham wrote:
Tank_girl wrote:

Lol. What does that say about us??

Maybe we have high standards.

;)
Maybe it's like Kathleen's breasts and youTube?
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Zed Alpha

Postby Zed Alpha » 17 Mar 2009, 02:32

This is great, but...

No, James.

Don't...

Don't make out with Matt's ear.

Ever again.
Frozengale wrote:You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 17 Mar 2009, 07:43

Not super LOLsy, but good.

Notes;

- Sugar cubes on Night Owl's shopping list? No?

- Love the clearly-from-VV-Boutique jackets you guys were sporting. Particularly Paul's shooting jacket and James' either RCAF or Legion jacket (note crest).
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 17 Mar 2009, 07:52

Graham wrote:
Tank_girl wrote:

Dude was well hung, but not giant-cock prono sized. It was well within believable limits.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 17 Mar 2009, 08:25

Matt wrote:
Graham wrote:
Tank_girl wrote:

Dude was well hung, but not giant-cock prono sized. It was well within believable limits.

-m

I have seen people complain that "Little Manhattan" was in the film for more than 100 minutes. I think these people may be, um, fixating.

Seriously. It wasn't even interesting. It's just a dong. Get over it.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 17 Mar 2009, 08:35

Graham wrote:In fact, if we'd actually wanted to latch onto the hype, we would have done the video before the movie came out.
That would certainly have been more targeted and cynical. Also, it would have caught the buzz at a stronger point.

It can't help that there are so many critics who've missed the point of the film. It's all "successor to 300" this and "unlikeable characters" that.
I'm frankly pretty disappointed that people can be so distracted by violence and the phrase "graphic novel" that they ignore subtext.
Film critics. Ignoring subtext.
RandomCheese

Postby RandomCheese » 17 Mar 2009, 09:05

I probably would've found this funnier if I had read and/or seen Watchmen, but I still enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the gag at the end with Jeff.
Low quality Youtube sketches? Amazing!
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 17 Mar 2009, 09:06

the only thing you're missing in this video is tewo, maybe three references to basic elements of the film. you really aren't missing that much in the video without having seen/read watchemn.

that said:

GO FUCKING SEE/READ WATCHMEN!

-m

I am not angry at you.
RainbowToeSocks

Postby RainbowToeSocks » 17 Mar 2009, 09:39

Great video guys.

Saw Watchmen again for a second time last night. I still say that i compare it to what michael bay did to Transformers, made it very hollywood accessible and enjoyable to the non-hardcore fans of the comic

It was a good popcorn movie. Maybe the directors cut will be better
Polycyclohexylene Dimethylene Terephthalate
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 17 Mar 2009, 10:22

Sable wrote:I have seen people complain that "Little Manhattan" was in the film for more than 100 minutes. I think these people may be, um, fixating.

Seriously. It wasn't even interesting. It's just a dong. Get over it.

This discussion already happened in 1986.

~Alja~
Septavius
Location: The friends to the south of our friends to the north

Postby Septavius » 17 Mar 2009, 10:52

That is one hell of an unsightly bulge.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 17 Mar 2009, 10:56

I'm secure enough in my own lack of sexuality to have no real issue with wang in movies, provided it's actually story-related.

I mean, otherwise it's just wang. Why would I get a movie to see wang? I can just look down when I'm in the bathroom for that.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 17 Mar 2009, 11:06

According to a friend who saw it in IMAX, it's more the way they reveal it that caused the "OMG HYOOOOJ P33N!" reaction: when Dr. Manhoodhan was split into three bodies/visages so you see THREE AT ONCE
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 17 Mar 2009, 11:33

There was certainly laughter in my theatre when I saw Watchmen, but personally I was expecting something bigger after the kei-kon podcast. I've previously stated that I could have used less, but I could also use less calories. That isn't going to stop me from eating my cake. Considering the amount of shadows and angles they used, it really only showed when it was difficult to avoid, and to help convey some more information to make the movie make more sense, and not come completely out of left field.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Addwid

Postby Addwid » 17 Mar 2009, 16:22

I like the who watch who.. :)

And for the Watchmen its a hole new universe cause I haven't read the comic (maybe because I'm a bit to lazy to go down and buy an issue)
but the trailer for watchmen looked very good looking.

But sadly I have to wait for the premier in Denmark till 20 March...
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 17 Mar 2009, 17:03

It'll end up in my DVD collection whether I see it in the cinema or not.

Typically I see maybe two or three movies in the cinema, per year.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 17 Mar 2009, 17:07

This is one you should see in theatre. Like, now. What are you still doing reading this? GO!
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Lyinginbedmon

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 17 Mar 2009, 17:09

Master Gunner wrote:This is one you should see in theatre. Like, now. What are you still doing reading this? GO!
It's 1 AM for me!

Besides, there's a bunch of reasons I don't see many in the cinema. I actually do enjoy the atmosphere and the facilities of most of my nearby cinemas, but I'm pretty naturally reclusive and I don't do well with large crowds (I'm of the understanding this is part of my autism). So whilst I do enjoy going to the cinema (Massive bag of sugar popcorn and all), I would prefer it much better if it was just me and the staff AT the cinema, not the aforementioned and about 800 other people.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 17 Mar 2009, 17:27

Lyinginbedmon wrote:
Master Gunner wrote:This is one you should see in theatre. Like, now. What are you still doing reading this? GO!
It's 1 AM for me!

That's no excuse!

I can understand not liking crowds (I detest them myself), so go closer to the end of its run or on a day when most people wouldn't be at the theatre. But you still need to see it there sometime, it is incredibly worth it.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”