Ways to Survive the Recession

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
User avatar
Graham
Super Moderator
Posts: 15038
Joined: 09 Mar 2004, 19:37
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Ways to Survive the Recession

Postby Graham » 23 Mar 2009, 11:44

And they all work!!*



*LoadingReadyRun offers no guarantees that they will, in fact, work.


Graham wrote:Regarding YouTube:

We're trying it out. The theory is that the exposure from YouTube might serve us better than the ad revenue from Blip (much as we love Blip and the support we've gotten from them).

I don't think anyone will have reason to complain, considering: It loads faster, there's no ads, and it's the same quality (better if you go the page and watch in HD).

So, it's a test, but we may stick with it.
Last edited by Graham on 23 Mar 2009, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Nebulous
Posts: 89
Joined: 23 Mar 2009, 07:09
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Contact:

Postby Nebulous » 23 Mar 2009, 11:49

Wat?

Edit: First first.
User avatar
Seraphroy
Posts: 188
Joined: 20 Mar 2009, 12:35
First Video: Moving Out
Location: Toronto, ON

Postby Seraphroy » 23 Mar 2009, 11:49

Ah, the Sam Raimi. Is there anything it can't do?

Great video guys. Must try lighting a cigar with a toonie. :p
User avatar
Nebulous
Posts: 89
Joined: 23 Mar 2009, 07:09
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Contact:

Postby Nebulous » 23 Mar 2009, 11:50

Ooooh! Oh! OOH! I've been waiting for the Monday video for 2 days straight!

-goes to watch-
User avatar
Keith K
Posts: 686
Joined: 08 Feb 2008, 08:56
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Keith K » 23 Mar 2009, 11:52

Straight to HD. I like it.
Kerzyni
Posts: 19
Joined: 21 Jul 2008, 01:40

Postby Kerzyni » 23 Mar 2009, 11:53

Why Youtube? Have you no heart?

Chuckled at "modest proposal". There should be more poor children on the streets in an economic crisis. And they even are not medicated as much as our cattle!

Edit: What did you use for the coin trick?
Last edited by Kerzyni on 23 Mar 2009, 12:00, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast
Posts: 5699
Joined: 04 Feb 2007, 21:03
Location: Deep In Space

Postby Alja-Markir » 23 Mar 2009, 11:53

The ad was fabulous.

Vault 101 Matt was fabulous.

The fact that I knew it was Morgan in the Sam Raimi from the first second simply because of his distinctive stride was also fabulous.

~Alja~

Addendum - Upon a second viewing, the public transportation is a hilarious sight gag, once you notice all the little facial details and stuff.

Addendum 2 - Chocolate coin!
Last edited by Alja-Markir on 23 Mar 2009, 11:57, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
King Kool
Quality and Quantity
Posts: 5982
Joined: 28 Jan 2008, 19:22
Location: Rhode Island
Contact:

Postby King Kool » 23 Mar 2009, 11:54

Is putting this on Youtube part of revealing the viral campaign?

Also, new ding? Is that supposed to be a comment on the recession, that the ding is smaller?

Also, what's that written on the markerboard?
Image
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
User avatar
Fox
Posts: 31
Joined: 03 Mar 2009, 11:00
Location: Atl Ga
Contact:

Postby Fox » 23 Mar 2009, 11:56

very nice!

all very smart and economical ideas!
the valve costume was the best though.
"traditional?! what about this is traditional? you're not a 8 year old girl trying to sell me a cup for a nickel, you're a mid twenties predatory sales fiend trying to accost me with second rate citrus beverage!"

my Photography
User avatar
theonlyavalon
Posts: 43
Joined: 26 Feb 2009, 15:27
Location: Oxford, England

Postby theonlyavalon » 23 Mar 2009, 11:57

Can I have that cheat code? Would come in super handy! Or if Bill knows the code to get the cops off your back, that'll work too, when I rob a bank. Oh wait, they don't have any money either......Ahh topical humour!
"Think now: where would your good be if there were no evil and what would the world look like without shadows?"
--The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
User avatar
Nebulous
Posts: 89
Joined: 23 Mar 2009, 07:09
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Contact:

Postby Nebulous » 23 Mar 2009, 11:58

Guys this is a wonderful video guide, but I seem to have two problems when trying these things.

I tried the console cheat that Bill had inserted, but, after calling my bank - they simply stated that I was still overdrawn.

Also, I can't seem to light my coins on fire.

Halp?
User avatar
Matt
LRR Crew
Posts: 9742
Joined: 14 Mar 2004, 00:19
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Postby Matt » 23 Mar 2009, 11:59

As I tweeted the day we shot, it's REALLY TOUGH to get a coin to light on fire. DAMN YOU PHYSICS!

-m
Image

I am not angry at you.
User avatar
Graham
Super Moderator
Posts: 15038
Joined: 09 Mar 2004, 19:37
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Postby Graham » 23 Mar 2009, 12:00

Regarding YouTube:

We're trying it out. The theory is that the exposure from YouTube might serve us better than the ad revenue from Blip (much as we love Blip and the support we've gotten from them).

I don't think anyone will have reason to complain, considering: It loads faster, there's no ads, and it's the same quality (better if you go the page and watch in HD).

So, it's a test, but we may stick with it.
Last edited by Graham on 23 Mar 2009, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast
Posts: 5699
Joined: 04 Feb 2007, 21:03
Location: Deep In Space

Postby Alja-Markir » 23 Mar 2009, 12:01

Matt wrote:As I tweeted the day we shot, it's REALLY TOUGH to get a coin to light on fire. DAMN YOU PHYSICS!

-m


So wait, not a chocolate coin? Because those suckers light up easy.

~Alja

Addendum - And yeah, I didn't notice the ping difference until rewatching, but it's definately wrong. It's more of a "Tong!" now compared to the old "Ping!"
Last edited by Alja-Markir on 23 Mar 2009, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Tim
proudfoot
Posts: 4213
Joined: 22 Nov 2007, 19:10
First Video: Something funny.
Location: Victoria
Contact:

Postby Tim » 23 Mar 2009, 12:02

Alja-Markir wrote:
Matt wrote:As I tweeted the day we shot, it's REALLY TOUGH to get a coin to light on fire. DAMN YOU PHYSICS!

-m


So wait, not a chocolate coin? Because those suckers light up easy.

~Alja

Really? I would've assumed they'd just melt.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
User avatar
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast
Posts: 5699
Joined: 04 Feb 2007, 21:03
Location: Deep In Space

Postby Alja-Markir » 23 Mar 2009, 12:03

It depends largely on the oils used in the chocolate and especially the foil. And they don't burn long, because yes, they melt. It quickly becomes a flaming pile of ashy goo.

~Alja~
User avatar
King Rocky IV
Posts: 218
Joined: 19 Oct 2008, 08:42
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Earth-616
Contact:

Postby King Rocky IV » 23 Mar 2009, 12:04

I would like to state, for the record, that this week's LRR T-Shirt Advertisement was, in fact, the single greatest ad ever. Seriously, be honest. You guys looked out the window, saw the snow, had the requisite WTF moment, then rushed out with the camera to shoot this. It was beautiful. I laughed and cried.

Great video all around, excellent work. I'd put this in my top 10 list for favorite videos, but I should wait to make sure it has staying power. You know, seeing Matt in the Vault jumpsuit gave me an idea. Have you thought about LRR bobbleheads?

Oh, and that guy in the shower? There are no words.
Last edited by King Rocky IV on 23 Mar 2009, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
Posts: 19383
Joined: 29 Oct 2006, 12:19
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: In Limbo.

Postby Master Gunner » 23 Mar 2009, 12:04

I thought he just had a couple of matches/piece of paper or something hidden behind the coin.

Also, Matt, RE: The Weather
I get snow a lot later than March, and it doesn't go away until fucking May. You get no sympathy from me over a little St. Paddies day storm.

(you know I kid, I just get really uptight about people complaining about the weather.)
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
User avatar
Seraphroy
Posts: 188
Joined: 20 Mar 2009, 12:35
First Video: Moving Out
Location: Toronto, ON

Postby Seraphroy » 23 Mar 2009, 12:05

Matt wrote:As I tweeted the day we shot, it's REALLY TOUGH to get a coin to light on fire. DAMN YOU PHYSICS!

-m


NOW you tell me this... *nurses fingers affected by the hot coin*
Canonfoder
Posts: 49
Joined: 24 Nov 2008, 11:03

Postby Canonfoder » 23 Mar 2009, 12:05

Ah, Angry Matt strikes again. well done.

Well done Graham on the floating text and shadows therein on Bill's cheat. Very Nice.

It has been too long since an X-ways to Y and curse you for using Season 1 Footage that I know nothing about!

Great job.
Image
Khomatose
Posts: 24
Joined: 31 Jan 2009, 16:19
First Video: Fun With Condoms
Location: Northern Ireland
Contact:

Postby Khomatose » 23 Mar 2009, 12:06

Wow... I know that not owning a LRR T-shirt was like -18959739845 to sexy but causing global climate change?

O.O What have I done?
User avatar
IactoSophos
Posts: 4
Joined: 04 May 2008, 00:41

Postby IactoSophos » 23 Mar 2009, 12:09

To light a coin on fire... easy! Just dip the back of it in wax!

But anyway, that was the best t-shirt ad ever. Like, in the whole history of man.

Also, is this your first proper topical humour vid? Oh wait, you've got the Uwe Boll vids I guess.
Damn those annet goats!
Image
User avatar
Shandi
Posts: 504
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 01:21
First Video: The Secret Life of Toast
Location: Victoria
Contact:

Postby Shandi » 23 Mar 2009, 12:09

That ad was awesome! I did some filming myself that day, just had to get a recording of that crazy snow.
Ohemgee, shower scene, aaah! (Do I fit youtube?)
-Image
This is why I'm LOL!
-Shandi
User avatar
Matt
LRR Crew
Posts: 9742
Joined: 14 Mar 2004, 00:19
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Postby Matt » 23 Mar 2009, 12:10

IactoSophos wrote:To light a coin on fire... easy! Just dip the back of it in wax!

But anyway, that was the best t-shirt ad ever. Like, in the whole history of man.

Also, is this your first proper topical humour vid? Oh wait, you've got the Uwe Boll vids I guess.


we do quite a bit of topical humour, it just becomes un-topical when the timing is passed.

-m
Image

I am not angry at you.
User avatar
korri
Posts: 2323
Joined: 14 May 2007, 12:02
First Video: I honestly can't remember...
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Contact:

Postby korri » 23 Mar 2009, 12:10

was there a reason Graham was limping into the bathroom? Did he have to pee that badly?
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest