Ways to Survive the Recession

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Graham
Super Moderator

Re: The vid

Postby Graham » 23 Mar 2009, 12:56

Niko88 wrote:The downside of YouTube... Censoring. I do despise the beeps.
Guess the only way around that is to buy a LoadingReadyRun DVD

That's not YouTube censoring it, that was me.
And I only did it here for two reasons:
1) It's funnier in this instance.
2) No point in having a really vitriolic F-bomb in front of a video with no other swearing.

Future swearing will continue as normal, regardless of video hosting.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 23 Mar 2009, 12:57

TorachiKatashi wrote:Was anybody looking out their windows to see why Matt was screaming and cursing in the front yard? xD

Edit: As far as the snow, we had a snowstorm Saturday, and if it's like any other year, we'll still have bits of snow trying to melt come the May 24th weekend. xD

Are you sure that was actually snow?
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Kroze
Filled With Regret

Postby Kroze » 23 Mar 2009, 13:01

Finally!
The return of the much loved "Sam Rami" to X ways to do Y video!
I missed it sooo hard...
Septavius
Location: The friends to the south of our friends to the north

Postby Septavius » 23 Mar 2009, 13:04

Sweet shirt ad, I dig the nod to Hustle, very nice vault-dweller costume (good god, the HAIR!), the console effect for Bill's bit looked very good, and holy crap the cut in the middle of "reuse old tape" SLAYED me.

Good show.
Last edited by Septavius on 23 Mar 2009, 13:04, edited 1 time in total.
GHOVO
First Video: 1337. I think

Postby GHOVO » 23 Mar 2009, 13:04

w00t w00t!

Awesome Ad guys! And its good to see a return of X to Y.

Enjoyed the cH reference the most!
Keith K
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Keith K » 23 Mar 2009, 13:07

Vault Boy is gonna be upset when he tries to trade that Tin Can to Walter...
Septavius

Postby Septavius » 23 Mar 2009, 13:11

Keith K wrote:Vault Boy is gonna be upset when he tries to trade that Tin Can to Walter...

Then when he realizes he has the ingredients for a nuka grenade he'll cheer up again. Then he'll go kill a deathclaw with it.

As a side note, I always preferred getting a bunch of frag mines. You can play death frisbee with the deathclaw while running backwards!
Sauter

Postby Sauter » 23 Mar 2009, 13:14

Personally, I liked the old player better. No ads at the bottom is a great thing, but I just preferred the look of the old one.
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 23 Mar 2009, 13:14

Where can I get a Vault 101 or Vault 13 suit... WHERE?!
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 23 Mar 2009, 13:18

While I don't think snow is March is at all odd, Angry Matt never fails to entertain.

Also, if the literary references continue, LRR really will be taught in English classes alongside Shakespeare.
Septavius

Postby Septavius » 23 Mar 2009, 13:21

Yaxley wrote:While I don't think snow is March is at all odd, Angry Matt never fails to entertain.

Also, if the literary references continue, LRR really will be taught in English classes alongside Shakespeare.

Oh MAN I just now remembered what A Modest Proposal refers to and that just made the video SO MUCH BETTER. Oh man.
MostlyImprov
First Video: How to Talk Like A Pirate

Postby MostlyImprov » 23 Mar 2009, 13:23

Some really great stuff in this one, loved the "reuse old tapes" reference. You've done us all a great service by bringing our attention to these helpful tips, so thanks for that.
-Seamus
teknotheef

Postby teknotheef » 23 Mar 2009, 13:33

I love the 'served' flow chart.
Misguider

Postby Misguider » 23 Mar 2009, 13:39

I loved the part about selling scrap metal for money! However, you should probably cut corners on your stimpacks too if you really need the caps.
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 23 Mar 2009, 13:44

teknotheef wrote:I love the 'served' flow chart.

i couldn't read much of the big flowchart but i did see the [matt sucks] ---> [yes] flowchart next to a cartoon of a guy with huge balls.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
slayer41

Postby slayer41 » 23 Mar 2009, 13:48

They probably put some napalm on the back of the coin. All you do is mix gasoline and packing peanuts, and then it gets really sticky, and can be molded into shapes
FREEDOM!
Sarah
First Video: Sound Wars

Postby Sarah » 23 Mar 2009, 13:49

Angry Matt in the ad is awesome. It would be even better if he could hide that smile completely. But Matt, you really are good at acting mad. ...or do you really hate us? :( Sorry guys, but as much as I'd like to buy your dvds, I'd prefer to have food to eat. So you'll have to put up with snow~

That first email wasn't actually asking anything of the recipient. Was the author just writing to inform people of the situation?

Poor Morgan, having to resort to toonies. Well, at least they seem to be more reusable than bills?

Also, I loved the transition from the Sam Rami scene to Paul adjusting the camera. You guys really do have some creative transitions.
Evil Jim

Postby Evil Jim » 23 Mar 2009, 13:51

By the way, I have submitted this video to BoingBoing.net.
Nebulous

Postby Nebulous » 23 Mar 2009, 13:53

Well, this computer desk is made of pine. Now, pine nuts are not actually nuts, nor are grape nuts..but grapefruit is a fruit of the citrus family comprising oranges, limes, and lemons. The term lemons used to describe a bad car originates with the french vehicle Citrun, with a top speed of 65 miles an hour. Meaning, it would take about 8 hours to drive from Paris to say, Munich. 98 hours from Dusseldorf to Kamchatka. Or 14 and a half hours from Los Angeles to Honolulu, the challenge there being the Pacific Ocean; which was first traversed by explorers looking for a trade route to the Indian sub continent, population of 1.1 billion and the reason for the Indian pale ale, which is what I will be drinking this evening.
Last edited by Nebulous on 23 Mar 2009, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 23 Mar 2009, 13:55

Great stuff as allways guys, I loved the t-shirt Ad particularly.
Philes

Postby Philes » 23 Mar 2009, 14:04

The ad. Awesome! If I didn't already have a LRR shirt/DVD I'd get one. Maybe it's time for shirt x2???

The video was alright, amusing enough, but didn't wow my pants off overall. However, excellent performances by Matt this time around! Not that you're usually bad or anything, but the funniest parts of this week's video all revolved around you. Awesome work, my friend. Also, the writing was pretty good as well guys, kudos.

<offtopic>
Sorta makes me wish the rest of the cast didn't hate on Matt so much in the podcasts. I realize that that is sort of your friendship dynamic and that is simply how you guys roll, but the past few podcasts especially seemed to have excessive amounts of vitriol directed at Matt, to the point where it was distracting from the content of the podcast itself. Constant ridicule and shutting down of conversation doesn't really make for good radio. Perhaps it's just me.
Also, after proofreading this post, it sorta looks like I have a man-crush on Matt or something. Ew.
</offtopic>
There are things in this world that I dislike. One of the things I dislike the most is a serious argument, well constructed, delivered by someone who makes themselves difficult to respect.
slayer41

Postby slayer41 » 23 Mar 2009, 14:04

Also... what did that sign say on the back of it. All i can make out is

ED 500
D FOR
C MOUNT

FREEDOM!
Seraphroy
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Seraphroy » 23 Mar 2009, 14:07

Need 500 gold for epic mount?

Matt, were you trying to sell yourself out to get your mount?
The R

Postby The R » 23 Mar 2009, 14:12

Yaxley wrote:While I don't think snow is March is at all odd, Angry Matt never fails to entertain.

Its odd because it's Victoria. From my experience we usually average like 3~4 days of snow in a year, and that happens usually in the last week of December. Also I remember a few years in the 90s where it didn't snow at all.

In the 20 years I have lived in Victoria I have NEVER seen it snowing in mid-late March.
Jarannis

Postby Jarannis » 23 Mar 2009, 14:13

Seraphroy wrote:Need 500 gold for epic mount?

Matt, were you trying to sell yourself out to get your mount?

This sir, wins.

Also *waves* I know you from somewhere.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”