Economic Stimulus

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Over-analytical Nerd
First Video: Somebody Has to Change

Re: Economic Stimulus

Postby Over-analytical Nerd » 16 Jun 2009, 11:25

Sable wrote:
Over-analytical Nerd wrote:Other than repeating all the praise that preceeded my post, Imust ask.

Is it in any way just too much of a coincidence that I was drinking some limeade as I watched this, and that this is because the lemonade I got wasn't quite to my taste? True story (though the majority of the limeade is now coating my monitor. I should probably clean that...).

And a big grin shone on my face when I saw Andy. I wonder if he's still the same character from Toilet Humour and Street Value. Poor guy and his terrible business dealings luck. At least we get chuckles out of it (Premium chuckles!) The writing for this video was also very well done, full of the twisted and random inserts along with unexpected punch lines. If my hat weren't keeping the sun out of my eyes, it would most certainly be tipped (and it doesn't help that it's covered in aluminum. Another true story, but don't ask about the background story for that one).

You are aware tinfoil hats amplify the mind control rays, right? ;)

Shhh! They don't know it, but I'm a spy. With your avatar, you of all people should appreciate this.
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby ecocd » 16 Jun 2009, 12:54

I'm going to have to beg ignorance. What makes "I love limes!" so funny? Is it a pop/geek reference I'm not privy to or just how Andy delivered the line? It's amusing, but I didn't LOL.
ecocd - echo-see-dee (We apologize for the inconvenience)
Over-analytical Nerd
First Video: Somebody Has to Change

Postby Over-analytical Nerd » 16 Jun 2009, 13:21

ecocd wrote:I'm going to have to beg ignorance. What makes "I love limes!" so funny? Is it a pop/geek reference I'm not privy to or just how Andy delivered the line? It's amusing, but I didn't LOL.

Ignorance has pity on you.

It's because Andy just spent the entire video debating buying a lemonade for a number of reasons, and he finally caves in to Paul's Swiss charm. That's essentially the point (along with the fact that Paul is awesome).
RytelCSF
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby RytelCSF » 16 Jun 2009, 13:39

Also limeade is just plain better than lemonade*, despite the latter being significantly more traditional.

*Scientific fact disguised as opinion disguised as scientific fact.
zqfmbg

Postby zqfmbg » 16 Jun 2009, 15:55

My eyes hurt from skimming the thread, so if someone else has said this, then I shall quietly crawl back into my hole and never return.

I found the difference in background noise between Kathleen and Andy's parts to be very distracting. It really seemed like all the dialogue had been filmed separately and then interleaved later. Granted, that makes way more sense from a video production standpoint, but the end result shouldn't seem that way.

It was so distracting/disorienting that I couldn't take it anymore and had to stop in the middle. Sorry, guys.
micahman212

Postby micahman212 » 16 Jun 2009, 17:20

andy's acting was superb can we get a Oscar for him for that skit?
Broken Lamp '88

Postby Broken Lamp '88 » 16 Jun 2009, 17:35

Being a fan of good old fashioned banter-like dialogue, I really enjoyed this video. The "lemonadespeople" exchange was fantastic. Also, given the presence of the coke and the punchline, I can only imagine the joy that came from him discovering Coca Cola with Lime (link provided in case anyone doesn't believe me). Or what role coca cola plays in the allegory. Public transportation?
DrJonAngus

Postby DrJonAngus » 16 Jun 2009, 21:10

Nevrmore wrote:I don't usually like the videos that Kathleen writes/co-writes/whatever, but this one was pretty good. I give it five Bill Murrays out of seven

ImageImageImageImageImage

I am utterly speechless after that comment. That has to be the best thing I have ever seen in my entire life.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 16 Jun 2009, 22:21

zqfmbg wrote:My eyes hurt from skimming the thread, so if someone else has said this, then I shall quietly crawl back into my hole and never return.

I found the difference in background noise between Kathleen and Andy's parts to be very distracting. It really seemed like all the dialogue had been filmed separately and then interleaved later. Granted, that makes way more sense from a video production standpoint, but the end result shouldn't seem that way.

It was so distracting/disorienting that I couldn't take it anymore and had to stop in the middle. Sorry, guys.

I'm sorry to hear it had such a negative effect on your viewing experience. Unfortunately, due to the nature of filming outdoors with a single camera some difference in ambient noise is unavoidable.

It's a good video. Muscle through it if you can! : )
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 17 Jun 2009, 00:30

DrJonAngus wrote:
Nevrmore wrote:I don't usually like the videos that Kathleen writes/co-writes/whatever, but this one was pretty good. I give it five Bill Murrays out of seven

I am utterly speechless after that comment. That has to be the best thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

You, my friend, have not properly lived until you have seen a rating of at least six Bill Murrays out of seven. Well, there has never been a rating of a perfect seven for seven to my knowledge, for I am fairly certain that such a thing may cause the poles of the Earth to switch leading existence as we know it to violently end.

The Dark Knight came pretty close, though.
ecocd

Postby ecocd » 17 Jun 2009, 05:47

Nevrmore wrote:
DrJonAngus wrote:

You, my friend, have not properly lived until you have seen a rating of at least six Bill Murrays out of seven. Well, there has never been a rating of a perfect seven for seven to my knowledge, for I am fairly certain that such a thing may cause the poles of the Earth to switch leading existence as we know it to violently end.

The Dark Knight came pretty close, though.

Using half rankings, e.g., four-and-a-half Murrays, could be emotionally scarring however seeing such a vaunted pop-culture icon cleaved in two. With great power comes great responsibility, Nevrmore
tucci129

Postby tucci129 » 17 Jun 2009, 07:03

The Internet has spoken. We demand more Andy and more LemonAids
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 17 Jun 2009, 07:09

ecocd wrote:Using half rankings, e.g., four-and-a-half Murrays, could be emotionally scarring however seeing such a vaunted pop-culture icon cleaved in two. With great power comes great responsibility, Nevrmore

Image?
ecocd

Postby ecocd » 17 Jun 2009, 07:11

Nevrmore wrote:
ecocd wrote:Using half rankings, e.g., four-and-a-half Murrays, could be emotionally scarring however seeing such a vaunted pop-culture icon cleaved in two. With great power comes great responsibility, Nevrmore

Image?

NOOOOOOOOO! I am scarred!
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 17 Jun 2009, 08:35

I dread now to see what rating The Dark Knight would get with the creation of The Half Murray.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 17 Jun 2009, 08:57

Well The Dark Knight was so good it gets a more exact fraction than Half Murray. Maybe something like a Six and 3/4 Murray. Of course that's rendered as Bill Murray with a frontal lobotomy staring blankly into space as drool and vomit drips down the sides of his mouth and Dan Aykroyd tries fruitlessly to speak to and try to get a response from him.
Andy

Postby Andy » 17 Jun 2009, 11:59

Kathleen wrote: Also, thanks for the acting compliments, but acting with andy is basically like standing next to a bar of gold. You get a little golden reflection no matter what you're doing.

Aw, thank you. But don't sell yourself short. You did a great job, especially during the tirade. You can hear your breath drop right down to the diaphragm somewhere around the word "bail-out". This is a sign you're really connecting emotionally to the text.

Thanks to everyone for their generous compliments. I'm so glad you enjoyed the video!
Time flies like an arrow;
Fruit flies like a banana.
-Groucho Marx
Tank_girl

Postby Tank_girl » 17 Jun 2009, 12:22

HA ha! Lemon-A.I.D.S. Awesome

Also, Andy..... Get a hair cut will yeah. What would your mother say?

j/k
Andy

Postby Andy » 17 Jun 2009, 12:52

Odd that you should say that; I got a haircut the day after the shoot.
Nice and short and conservative, but at the rate I get haircuts, it will be back to hippie length in no time.
Time flies like an arrow;

Fruit flies like a banana.

-Groucho Marx
ecocd

Postby ecocd » 17 Jun 2009, 13:04

Kathleen wrote:I got to yell my ending tirade several times! It was ridiculous. There may have been some cracking up. I actually think the funniest part is my flailing muppet arms. Also, thanks for the acting compliments, but acting with andy is basically like standing next to a bar of gold. You get a little golden reflection no matter what you're doing.

Did no one make a Roentgenium joke about Kathleen's post? There has to be one in there somewhere.

So if Andy's performance is pure gold, then Kathleen's must've been at least pure Roentgenium!

(for 15 minutes, anyway, at which point the performance was no longer pure Roentgenium, but also included some Meitnerium)
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 17 Jun 2009, 15:44

ecocd wrote:(for 15 minutes, anyway, at which point the performance was no longer pure Roentgenium, but also included some Meitnerium)

HA!

CHEMISTRY!
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 17 Jun 2009, 16:24

Once again you use Andy as the straight man. But you did give him the last word.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
Triangular
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Triangular » 17 Jun 2009, 20:28

Andy made this video for me. Waita go
Always speak your mind, those that matter wont mind,
and those that mind, don't matter
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 19 Jun 2009, 15:19

Brad wrote:When life gives you lemons, buy Japanese.
Yeah, that's pretty much the way I read this one as well.
This was a great one. Well written, well acted, well edited.
Five and a half Bill Murrays.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 20 Jun 2009, 07:13

Dominic Appleguard wrote:
Brad wrote:When life gives you lemons, buy Japanese.
Yeah, that's pretty much the way I read this one as well.
This was a great one. Well written, well acted, well edited.
Five and a half Bill Murrays.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”