Buttstallation

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Re: Buttstallation

Postby Master Gunner » 22 Jun 2009, 18:59

I preferred the buttstalation part over the philosophy part, but Tally needs to be a reporter more often.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
roronoa_zolo

Postby roronoa_zolo » 22 Jun 2009, 19:19

I think the philosophy part was a little long winded, and I thought the real underlying joke died off without much humour intertwined. I think it would have been funny if somehow graham and james were examining the philosophers butts or maybe tally`s and one of them said something like `you might need a reduction on that` or something like that. but all in all, i agree that tally was a solid reporter. Bills usual roles are so not philosophy or higher level thinking roles, so I found the fact that he was in a philosopher role quite amusing.
spartanhelmet

Postby spartanhelmet » 22 Jun 2009, 19:24

Where do I send my medical bills?... I was just hit in the face with the fist of awesome.

Whatever inspiration was had, have more please. I could almost imagine bits and pieces like this to be in a Rapidfire-esque series... just less Rapid.

I've got to say that I'm not one of the "OMFG BUSSTALATIENZ!!" people. I think both were well suited to being a pair for some odd reason, and I can't get over Bill being a philosophical character for some reason :)
"LRR för 4 av 5 toasts"
roronoa_zolo

Postby roronoa_zolo » 22 Jun 2009, 19:30

mxd3496 wrote: I'll be curious to hear the podcast for this one as the podcasts often give me a new view and appreciation for the videos.

Ya, I completly agree with that, because then i get to see what you lrr people were going for when you wrote it. This seems like a hit or miss video to me, and i just didnt really go for it. I seems like everyone either loved this video or didnt understand it, and i was the latter of the two.
m0ridin
First Video: The Mirror

Postby m0ridin » 22 Jun 2009, 19:35

What was making the hidden camera "hidden"? It looked suspiciously like the edge of someones hand ;)

Nice call-back at the end.
"Xardul" on Minecraft
oddfellow

Postby oddfellow » 22 Jun 2009, 19:37

Yes, the video does seem to have some rather Pythonesque elements, but I'd call that a definite plus, not something to gripe about. And you can never have enough butt jokes! :mrgreen:
Chemistring

Postby Chemistring » 22 Jun 2009, 19:41

Laurnil wrote:Also, the knitters would totally win the turf war, we have sharp pointy sticks! Mwahahaha.

Damn skippy! Knittaz 4 lyfe! Also we have string...with so many potential uses... :twisted:

I have to agree that the vid was very Pythonesque, but I say that as a Python fan (Hell's Grannies, anyone?). I liked it a lot, and Tally makes a great walk-and-talk news presenter. Only sad thing is that Mark Dawson seemed rather underlit. Maybe his butt needs some mood lighting, or those solar garden lamps.
gryffinp

Postby gryffinp » 22 Jun 2009, 19:44

OH ALSO: I found the "On the condition that we do not reveal his name" thing very amusing in retrospect. At the time I was still shellshocked by the whiplash.

Fishtail.
Flewellyn

Postby Flewellyn » 22 Jun 2009, 19:58

I rather like how it phased into the philosophy sketch right after the Buttstallers realized how silly the sketch was, and in so realizing, transcended it. It's as if they had just seen the Matrix!

Or something
RytelCSF
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby RytelCSF » 22 Jun 2009, 20:07

Is it wrong that I was disappointed you guys didn't go through with the Buttstallation, as silly as it was? That part seemed great, but the philosophy part I really wasn't feeling. I got the jokes, they just weren't that funny. Then again, that could've been due to said disappointment that you had shunted away from the original sketch.

Also, it could've been sillier. And by "sillier" I mean "Pimp My Chair callback."
Casandro

Postby Casandro » 22 Jun 2009, 20:57

The problem with Oligarchs is that they typically are just as corrupt as the populus.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 22 Jun 2009, 21:13

RytelCSF wrote:Also, it could've been sillier. And by "sillier" I mean "Pimp My Chair callback."

Suddenly I have the mental image of Paul bent over a worktable and screaming in agony...
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 22 Jun 2009, 21:38

This video reaffirms some of my prime values.

1) If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
2) A man's tookus is no one's business but his own.
3) Philosophy is well and good, but only so long as it has practical application. Questioning if your toast is real or not is madness.

~Alja~
Zivlok

Postby Zivlok » 22 Jun 2009, 21:51

I wonder what mountains taste like.

Good video! I was expecting the buttstallation to work into the philosophy thing somehow (and I thought that maybe they were going around installing butts on people because they didn't know whether or not morals existed, yadda yadda yadda, but I wasn't sure), and it felt more like you took two funny but separate ideas, and smooshed them together at the end. Also, it would have been nice if there was a Toast throwback somewhere.

I liked the video, and I thought it was hilarious all the way through, it just felt too schizophrenic for me.
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 22 Jun 2009, 22:02

philosopher bill is king.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 22 Jun 2009, 22:05

Lord Chrusher wrote:I think this video does deserve the adjective Pythonesque.

Yes. As I was watching it I was like "Sooo Python"

Monty Python wrote:"This is the silliest sketch I've ever been in."
"Shall we stop it?"
"Yeah all right."

And then the gang of philosophers reminded me of the gang of grannies.

Python-fan approved.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 22 Jun 2009, 22:08

Fairly typical discussion between philosopher friend and myself:

"You can't say that X exists just because science says so, it's all perception and perception is what your mind is interpreting as real"
"But we can use other things to determine the existence of something. Magnets can move things, lasers can bounce off of them, mass spectrometers can determine that at the very least SOMETHING exists in a given point of space."
"But what if what you're using to detect it is just your mind rationalising things by giving you what your subconcious expects to find?"
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Jun 2009, 22:23

Lyingbedmon, that's when you punch them.
Flewellyn

Postby Flewellyn » 22 Jun 2009, 22:31

Graham wrote:Lyingbedmon, that's when you punch them.

And then say "How do you know I actually just did that? What if your perceptions are faulty?"
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 22 Jun 2009, 22:32

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. -Philip K. Dick

Good enough for me. Of course, I've already expressed that my general belief system in most things is a giant "meh". I'm willing to debate philosophy and be existentialist on occasion (primarily because it amuses me. Amusement and spite are my two biggest reasons to do anything), so long as it stays in the abstract, and at the end of the day I can still grab a beer and watch tv, or play some TF2. Anybody who acts like Lying's friend needs get punched, drunk, laid, or a 24-hour marathon of Monty Python (or LRR). Or possibly some combination thereof (....actually, that would be a great day). Nothing should ever interfere with just chilling out, having some fun, and accepting life as it comes.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Jun 2009, 22:34

Exactly.
No matter how hard I stop believing in Matt, he's still there. I guess he's real.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 22 Jun 2009, 22:54

I used to have friends in college who, unfortunately, became philosophy majors. My parting words with all of them were a drunken "You know what? Shut up."
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
theduckthief

Postby theduckthief » 22 Jun 2009, 22:56

You thought they were going to zig then they zagged!
In Soviet Russia Desert Bus crashes Bill twice!
Zivlok

Postby Zivlok » 22 Jun 2009, 23:23

It's those post-modernist deconstructionist philosopher types that piss me off. You have to preface every sentence with "In my realm of perception, it appears to me, and for the sake of this sentence, only me, once again, I'm not saying anything about how anyone else perceives this, just me..."
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 22 Jun 2009, 23:47

One get the sense that it would take post-modernist deconstructionists a long time to order breakfast.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”