I am the only person in the whole world who...

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Re: I am the only person in the whole world who...

Postby AlexanderDitto » 15 Sep 2009, 17:44

Must say I don't do any of the things Trisha Lynn posted, though I do have all sorts of strange quirks that I'm sure most people would find completely wacky. Of course, now that I'm trying to think of one, I can't come up with any. Hm.

Though, with 6 billion+ people in the world, it is comforting that there is probably nothing about you that is completely unique. Did I say comforting? I meant depressing. :(
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 15 Sep 2009, 17:57

Am i the only one in the whole world who...

... likes to eat pasta with teriaki sauce and parmasean cheese?

And I also eat pizza with a knife and fork. You loose at the toppings if you don't!
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 15 Sep 2009, 18:10

Tapir12 wrote:Am i the only one in the whole world who...

... likes to eat pasta with teriaki sauce and parmasean cheese?

And I also eat pizza with a knife and fork. You loose at the toppings if you don't!

You must eat extremely greasy pizza.
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 15 Sep 2009, 18:26

AlexanderDitto wrote:Must say I don't do any of the things Trisha Lynn posted, though I do have all sorts of strange quirks that I'm sure most people would find completely wacky. Of course, now that I'm trying to think of one, I can't come up with any. Hm.

Though, with 6 billion+ people in the world, it is comforting that there is probably nothing about you that is completely unique. Did I say comforting? I meant depressing. :(

The other day I tried to write down all the things about myself and then tried to decide if I was unique or not based on it. I decided that even with a long list of attributes, I'm probably not unique (I decided early on in the list that stuff like my birth date / specific location were too specific and broke the game).

It was indeed quite depressing.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 15 Sep 2009, 20:48

So far as I know, I'm the only extant time traveling demi-god within the reachable portions of the universe. Still, that's mostly because it's a very specific set of qualities.

Krr'pao time travels frequently, but being a plane-manipulative hivemind construct, she lacks deific qualities and an individual identity, so most scholars use the label of time-resonator rather than time-traveler, and the label of scalar-force entity rather than demigod. Still, she's probably actually more adept at moving through the time space continuum than I am, but she's really far less interested in it. Most of her endeavors are strictly for convenience.

There are, however, a few other demigods in this region, and they could potentially develop the capabilities of time travel, but to be honest most of them are too simple minded and self absorbed to bother. They'd rather leave all the intricacies to other parties and forces which they have influence over, rather than investing heavily in actually gaining direct command of the skill.

The four prime deities, of course, have greater resources and abilities available to their wills, but strictly speaking they operate on such a removed level and scale of existance that they're largely moot. Time travel of boggling intricacies is perfectly within the grasp of at least three of them, but I can't think of a single instance in recent memory when they ever used such methods. They simply aren't chic among the big boys, really. A lot like how a rich businessman would scarcely ever make his own furniture rather than buy it.

~Alja~
Lag
First Video: Ways to get a Ticket

Postby Lag » 15 Sep 2009, 22:57

Am I the only one that liked Giest for the Game Cube, that Owns two copies of Korg DS-10 (One JAP, One US), that uses his DSi as his main Audio Player, that Own's a Mac that he uses daily but every day hate's OS X more and more (I still love my mac though, I just don't consider it a god any more), that has hand crafted a a model bird ou of solid wood, that had his cell phone signed by Freezepop, that has a autographed concert poster signed by Freezepop and Anamanaguchi that's going to be used for charity?

I thought not
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 16 Sep 2009, 00:13

TomBrend wrote:
AlexanderDitto wrote:Must say I don't do any of the things Trisha Lynn posted, though I do have all sorts of strange quirks that I'm sure most people would find completely wacky. Of course, now that I'm trying to think of one, I can't come up with any. Hm.

The other day I tried to write down all the things about myself and then tried to decide if I was unique or not based on it. I decided that even with a long list of attributes, I'm probably not unique (I decided early on in the list that stuff like my birth date / specific location were too specific and broke the game).

It was indeed quite depressing.

I dunno, writing down all the things about yourself seems to be a pretty unique concept to me.

Or anal. One or the other.
Nothing to see here.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 16 Sep 2009, 01:19

I am not unique. I am not special. I have no illusions about that.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Keith K
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Keith K » 16 Sep 2009, 03:54

Sandwiches are finger food. If the situation is too awkward to get your fingers dirty, then order something else.
dav3meier

Postby dav3meier » 16 Sep 2009, 06:39

Keith K wrote:Sandwiches are finger food. If the situation is too awkward to get your fingers dirty, then just use your face.

fixed
Highlander
First Video: Mecha Jackson

Postby Highlander » 16 Sep 2009, 07:50

Darkobra wrote:As for messy food, I'm a Scotsman. We use our bare hands for most foods.

It was rabbie burns night I was eeever so sightly tipsy and I tried to eat a piping hot haggis, casing and all. I still lack fingerprints
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 16 Sep 2009, 08:43

That's another thing as well. I made my friends sausage rolls.

"Don't touch them! They're piping hot!" Instantly, every one of them laughed and picked one up. It was shortly followed by a row of screams and MY maniacal laughter.

Also, why must we touch wet paint to find out that it's wet?

WET PAINT
"Really? Oh... so it is...."
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 16 Sep 2009, 10:12

Alja-Markir wrote:So far as I know, I'm the only extant time traveling demi-god within the reachable portions of the universe. Still, that's mostly because it's a very specific set of qualities.

Krr'pao time travels frequently, but being a plane-manipulative hivemind construct, she lacks deific qualities and an individual identity, so most scholars use the label of time-resonator rather than time-traveler, and the label of scalar-force entity rather than demigod. Still, she's probably actually more adept at moving through the time space continuum than I am, but she's really far less interested in it. Most of her endeavors are strictly for convenience.

There are, however, a few other demigods in this region, and they could potentially develop the capabilities of time travel, but to be honest most of them are too simple minded and self absorbed to bother. They'd rather leave all the intricacies to other parties and forces which they have influence over, rather than investing heavily in actually gaining direct command of the skill.

The four prime deities, of course, have greater resources and abilities available to their wills, but strictly speaking they operate on such a removed level and scale of existance that they're largely moot. Time travel of boggling intricacies is perfectly within the grasp of at least three of them, but I can't think of a single instance in recent memory when they ever used such methods. They simply aren't chic among the big boys, really. A lot like how a rich businessman would scarcely ever make his own furniture rather than buy it.

~Alja~

Stop posting pure win all the time and making the rest of us look dull. It's not fair! :wink:
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 16 Sep 2009, 11:13

Machalllewis wrote:
TomBrend wrote:
AlexanderDitto wrote:

I dunno, writing down all the things about yourself seems to be a pretty unique concept to me.

Or anal. One or the other.

We prefer the term "low emissions" to "anal retentive".
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 16 Sep 2009, 11:54

Cake wrote:I am not unique. I am not special. I have no illusions about that.

You are the all singing, all dancing crap of the the world?

Also...Alja, not that I'm in any way jealous, but care to share? I recently obtained demi-god status when the confirmed All-Creator of our off shoot of the universe informed me that I was, in fact, his son (and under moral obligation to impregnate every woman living in the world in an effort to spread his seed further) and, really, such a feat could truly use the abilities of traveling through the space-time continuum, which at the moment I lack. My Deific Daddy pretty much spent all his latent powers in creating this fragment of reality, so had basically none to pass off to me.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 16 Sep 2009, 15:00

Darkobra wrote:Also, why must we touch wet paint to find out that it's wet?

WET PAINT
"Really? Oh... so it is...."

That reminds me of Russell Howard on Mock the Week, talking about human behavior. He said that it seems like it's not enough to grab a can of soda and say that it's really cold, but we have to hold it to someone's face.
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 16 Sep 2009, 15:24

Same with hot plates at restaurants.
Vigafre

Postby Vigafre » 16 Sep 2009, 15:35

And pretty much any sharp object.
Raine
First Video: underpantloons

Postby Raine » 16 Sep 2009, 16:07

or any thing that stinks... or looks bad
G+ <-- Its a link, yo!
Be Strong!
Be Pleasant.
Be Unwavering!
Be Smart.
Be Awesome!
Awareness! It was under ‘E’!
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 16 Sep 2009, 16:09

So beware of hot diapers with glass in them.
Raine
First Video: underpantloons

Postby Raine » 16 Sep 2009, 16:58

or rotting trash!
G+ <-- Its a link, yo!
Be Strong!
Be Pleasant.
Be Unwavering!
Be Smart.
Be Awesome!
Awareness! It was under ‘E’!
Vigafre

Postby Vigafre » 16 Sep 2009, 17:58

Or diamond-encrusted bags of dog crap. On fire.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 16 Sep 2009, 19:31

Or a rusty cheese grater with left over cheese that went hard and crusty.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 17 Sep 2009, 04:27

Daggum spambots...
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 17 Sep 2009, 04:30

Cake wrote:Daggum spambots...

They're here for the cake, so I blame you.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑

Return to “General Discussion”