Have you ever done something as a kid that you still regret?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Have you ever done something as a kid that you still regret?

Postby Genghis Ares » 18 Sep 2009, 21:02

I was just wondering to myself about things I did as a kid, or things that happened to me as a kid, and how I still kind of regret them for some reason, even though they were pretty inconsequential and benign in retrospect.

Anyone else?
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Re: Have you ever done something as a kid that you still regret?

Postby Vigafre » 18 Sep 2009, 21:07

I got really good at covering things up. I kind of regret it since I became comfortable with lying, which is definitely not good.
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 18 Sep 2009, 21:17

i think you'd want to actually mention something specific before asking people to open up. :P
when i was 12 i was part of a nasty prank which i regret. essentially my "friend" wrapped up a brick to give to this kid as a present for his birthday. the kid had some form of mental disability which to this day i'm unsure of what type, but i believe a form of autism. anyway, while i didn't think of this prank, i was party to it, and i watched the entire thing unfold. the kid's face brightened up so much when he received the gift, and i'll never forget his face when he found out it was a brick. it was very sad and it still pops up in my memory every now and then. i did apologise a few years later in highschool (when i was less of a douche), but i'm sure it probably scarred him.
also, in the same year i could have warned someone about a horrible prank that was about to occur, but i didn't out of fear. this guy got lured into a house under the premise of friendship, then got pushed into a freshly dug hole, and pissed on by at least 4 guys. i had overheard the plan as i was pretty invisible to most people, and i really wish i'd warned him. i can't even imagine how that guy turned out.
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 18 Sep 2009, 21:25

Well, I was trying to think of something good for the last hour, and I couldn't really think of anything that sounded good enough to post with the topic. They were just really little things.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 18 Sep 2009, 21:26

I wouldn't say I regret anything, because there's no point in it.

But, I do wonder how things could have gone differently.

When I was 13, I dated this girl for three months. We broke up because of some little girl who told her that I was going to dump her so she dumped me. Thing was that I wasn't going to. A couple months later we sorted things out. She begged me to come to her birthday party and said she'd do anything I wanted. But I was dumb and said "No." I felt bad afterwards because she cried. I don't even know why I didn't go. Ah, youth. It's there to get the dumb things out of the way.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
zfubarz

Postby zfubarz » 18 Sep 2009, 22:17

Several really. However a couple stick out in my mind as decent stories.

When I wa quite young my father died, afterwards i was a typical angry passive agressive child. For about a month I was a fantastic litle thief, nothing big, candy, little toys and such from convenience stores. Mostly it was peer pressure that caused it, and my general anger to the world at the time. I got caught eventually, the guy was pretty nice about it though, because he jut called home, luckilly though my brother answered and saved my ass from being grounded for life and losing my moms trust.
I can't really say that I regret it because I learned a lot about myself from it even at that age. Don't think i'd be the same person if i hadn't done it.

Only thing I do regret even though it's irrational and completely out of my control was not knowing more about my dad when he was alive. The only thing I remember about him now is his smell and that his mustache was made of pure awesome. Like I said it can't be controlled but still bothers me a bit.
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 18 Sep 2009, 22:31

I know how you feel. By the time I was hold enough to appreciate the need for a father figure, the brain tumor had stripped him of nearly all that made him who he was. He was a very smart man and seeing him this warped unintelligible man frightened me. He and my mom seperated when I was about four, and his parents took him in once his tumor got rather severe. He lived over 2 hours away and as much stress as there was in both houses, we only made trips over there once, maybe twice a year. We would spend a few days there, sure, but I wasted darn near every minute avoiding what my eyes saw as a monstrosity. I really wish I had connected with him when I had a chance. going through middle school without a man to help you grow up is tough. Had I known him better and took better advantage of my time with him, maybe those years wouldn't have been so awkward and i wouldn't have hated everything as much as I did.

Its hard to think that any good came from that. And it very well might be I would be a much better person all in all had I done things differently. Some things you didn't like at the time, but looking back you are glad it happened. This isn't one of those things. Its something that has plagued my mind for the last few years.
Image Image Image
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 18 Sep 2009, 23:19

Genghis Ares wrote:Anyone else?

Short Answer is. No.

HOWEVER! I'm a naturally very curious person, so I do constantly wonder if had done many things differently how my life would have played out. This is never out of regret though, more from curiousity.
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 19 Sep 2009, 00:44

I regret not stopping her from getting in that car.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 19 Sep 2009, 02:50

The first thing that comes to mind is an incident when I must have been in grade school. I was at the local swimming pool & decided to go up to this random girl about my age & say "You're pretty, you know that? Pretty ugly, that is," & just walk away. I thought it was hilarious & clever at the time but I look back & just see it as a mean, stupid thing to say. It isn't me.

Another incident also happened in grade school. We went to a local attraction called the Cave of the Mounds, full of beautiful, natural rock formations. Naturally there was a gift shop & in it I saw they had chunks of meteorites for sale. I thought this was so neat but I didn't have anywhere near whatever it cost... So I stole one. But being a stolen object & me a kid with a conscience I've never been able to enjoy it. It's always been a monument to my guilt. Maybe next time I go back I'll take it with me & confess to the manager. I think after 25 years the statute of limitations should have run out.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 19 Sep 2009, 07:36

Stick my finger into the gears of my Grandmother's exercise bike. It hurt like a motherfucker, I bled all over my grandmother's basement, and I have a scar on my finger to this day.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 19 Sep 2009, 08:41

There are too many things I regret to list here, plus to give context to any of them would be a....difficult task at best. They're largely irrelevant though and I try to move on regardless. My too biggest regrets though are 1) Never sending that letter, and 2) Being such a douche. The two aren't related, but both haunt me. Especially since I can still be a dickbag today.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 19 Sep 2009, 10:20

Regrets are worthless.

I made a few mistakes that I cringe to think about, but I don't regret them. I learned.

~Alja~

Return to “General Discussion”