Love confession problem

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Re: Love confession problem

Postby Gordon Fearman » 02 Oct 2009, 15:38

Not cool Arius.

Seriously man, can you pick me up on your way to Victoria?
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 02 Oct 2009, 15:39

I just got another idea for desert bus...
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 02 Oct 2009, 15:41

I do not. And I can.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 02 Oct 2009, 15:42

You're six pages late, MG.
Theremin wrote:Forget Desert Bus, this will be the Matt-Boob-Get road trip.

And sure, Gord. I'll pick you up when I swing through Blankistan.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 02 Oct 2009, 15:47

I just want him to sing the song.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Gordon Fearman

Postby Gordon Fearman » 02 Oct 2009, 15:53

Arius wrote:You're six pages late, MG.
Theremin wrote:Forget Desert Bus, this will be the Matt-Boob-Get road trip.

And sure, Gord. I'll pick you up when I swing through Blankistan.

New York.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 02 Oct 2009, 15:55

I was in the same scenario as you. I asked her out. First thing she said to me was "About fucking time!"

And even if she said no, I care about her enough to stay friends with her. I enjoy her company. It doesn't have to all be about romance. As long as you're mature enough and comfortable enough around her, rejection isn't all that bad. Be a fox amongst chickens!
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Gordon Fearman

Postby Gordon Fearman » 02 Oct 2009, 15:57

Dude, rejection is scary.

Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 02 Oct 2009, 16:04

Do you put the lottery on expecting to win?
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Telaril

Postby Telaril » 02 Oct 2009, 16:24

A guy once started off an online conversation with me like this:

"I really respect the way you don't react when I hit on you."

This was really confusing. I had assumed he was just making jokes around me, treating me like one of the guys. I mean he jokingly hit on guys all the time, so I'd assumed he'd been jokingly hitting on me. Also as far as I was aware, he had a girlfriend.

"I haven't been responding because guys who are taken don't count as guys to me, and aren't you dating ____?"

"NO! That ended a long time ago. So now I'm confused."

"Well right now I have someone else who has asked me out, so I can't really process this at the moment. But I'll certainly react differently to you hitting on me in the future."

In the next few weeks the boy I'd already agreed to give a chance turned out to be dumb. I just couldn't help thinking about the weird awkward conversation I'd had with this guy, and how cute his drunken, indirect confession had been. Eventually I realized I liked him, and shortly after we ended up talking more, and eventually seeing each other.

I guess this goes to show that even if you're kinda awkward and indirect you can still get the girl. Hehe.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 02 Oct 2009, 19:13

*Checks what was a single-page thread when leaving for work*

:shock:

Holy.

{EXPLETIVE DELETED}.

Okay, I've caught up on the NINE {EXPLETIVE DELETED} PAGES.

Matt? I'd actually put the baristas on hold, and cast your line with the co-worker for now. Keep some recon going at the coffee shop (see below) but avoid it as the consequences of awkwardness could ruin a comfortable deal you have going.

As for recce'ing out whether '1st choice' is attached, I'd get a stranger (to the shop and her - maybe a LRR-follower in the area?) to go in, buy a cup from her (your knowledge of her schedule can help) and just "Say, you're really nice - are you seeing anyone?"

There's a risk that she'd be receptive and be looking for a date from your 'vanguard', but he could always respond with something like "Figures, I'm only passing through Victoria and I get more success than I've had at home in months! Thanks for the vote of confidence though! <leaves>"

Zhyard. Mind if I just call you 'Z'? (since I'm dyslexic and I really don't wanna do you the disservice of mistyping your name :) )

I'd say go for it, promptly; even if you get shot down, and the whole social group gets awkward, at least you're not sitting in the purgatory of uncertainty. And believe you me the old saying "a hero dies only once, but a coward dies a thousand times" is VERY applicable to this sort of situation.

Because I'm about to regale you a tale of my past:

There was this one girl I SERIOUSLY crushed on. I'd snuck out in the middle of the night to just stand in the street and look at her house (ironically her family moved into one a friend of mine moved out of, so I even knew the layout)¹ Now the REALLY freaky thing is I had a 'crush' on her since we were like...seven. I doubtlessly didn't understand what I felt, but I'd ALWAYS been infatuated with her.

Seems I can pick 'em, because this average-looking first-grader turned out to be Head Cheerleader in our High School. :roll: But as such, she was rather unapproachable, always being in the 'elite' of student circles as soon as we all reached the age that dating was a legitimate possibility.

But it got to be an 'open secret' that I had a persistent crush on her. Finally, my parents AND my friends all pushed me to invite her to my 16th birthday party. I called her, stumbled a little, she thanked me but said she was babysitting (she REALLY liked(likes?) kids and genuinely spent much of her free time babysitting...last I heard she was working in a daycare) and as she was hanging up the phone, I heard a peal of laughter.

That was embarrassing, but you know what? She didn't seem to make anything of it - no one teased me at school about my failed pass. And if anything, this 'get off yer butt' moment helped me get over the crush - I asked, she said no, and there you go.

Almost a decade of unrequited infatuation, finally OVER!

So don't wait that long, man! What you're feeling right now is NOT going to get any better, so it's better to just go ahead and 'rip the band-aid off quick' than ease it slowly, to make another analogy.

Gordon Fearman wrote:Actually I'll be an adult at the end of this month.

The very end.

It's so depressing.

Just remember, you HAVE to get older...you don't necessarily have to grow up. :twisted:
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 02 Oct 2009, 19:25

"The best way to grow up is simply to play with bigger toys as you get older." - David Morgan-Mar
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 02 Oct 2009, 19:30

I guess I'm not the only person who had a nearly decade-long infatuation... mine didn't end so well.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
goat

Postby goat » 02 Oct 2009, 19:52

Matt wrote:
goat wrote:Women are difficult.

honestly, no they aren't - it's getting past our own insecurities and idiosyncacies that's difficult.

-m

They're difficult in the same way that calculus is difficult. The subject makes intuitive sense, but most people aren't very good at it.
Sieg Reyu

Postby Sieg Reyu » 02 Oct 2009, 20:06

So, here is the best advice you are going to get.

My senior year there was this girl who wanted to go to prom with me. Don't ask me why, still confused about it myself. So, I decided it was my time to shine. I wrote like 12 lines of lyrics and got a friend to play some guitar. We came in during lunch and walked up to her little groups table. I get down on one knee and ask her to go to prom with me in one of the cheesiest songs ever made. She said yes with tears in her eyes.

Sprinkle in some goofiness to your romanticism and them girls be throwing themselves on you.
Image Image Image
Zhyard

Postby Zhyard » 02 Oct 2009, 20:48

I love you guys. I think... I've only slept 5 hours.
Sieg Reyu

Postby Sieg Reyu » 02 Oct 2009, 20:54

Ooooh oh. Oh oh oh oh oh. You're a great guy. You really are. You're smart, funny, and you've got a really great personality. Its just, I'm not really looking for a relationship right now. And I've always seen you more like a younger brother. I really just want to be friends.
Image Image Image
Zhyard

Postby Zhyard » 02 Oct 2009, 21:04

Thanks... That's really good for the self confidence.
Now I'm in depressed mode again.
Sieg Reyu

Postby Sieg Reyu » 02 Oct 2009, 21:09

But seriously though, if you are even somewhat close, take my advice. Especially if you are lacking in traditional charm. Makes it seem much more cute. So long as you clean yourself up a bit. Worked wonders for me. It was the talk of the school for a couple weeks.
Image Image Image
Gordon Fearman

Postby Gordon Fearman » 02 Oct 2009, 21:11

Wait, you bathing was the talk of the school?

Also, is it just me, or was empath a stalker?

Sieg Reyu

Postby Sieg Reyu » 02 Oct 2009, 21:20

I see what you did there.
Image Image Image
Zhyard

Postby Zhyard » 02 Oct 2009, 21:21

I don't think I'm Prince Charming but I certainly wasn't beaten with the ugly stick. I wear nice clothes (dress shirt with jeans) and I'm overall a nice guy.The only thing I have against me is that I'm a bit chubby (BMI 27.5). I think it's less than Matt but I live in Sweden. The country of slim and beautiful people. So in comparison I'm quite large.
Sieg Reyu

Postby Sieg Reyu » 02 Oct 2009, 21:35

Yeah, I'm a little farther than that. I would say I'm slightly unattractive. I am capable of dressing well, and do whenever I'm doing something in the afternoon or at night. Just don't have the time or patience to dig through my closet of a morning. I'm more of a Ted than a Barney. Don't get the reference? Watch How I Met Your Mother. Not at all what it sounds like.
Image Image Image
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 02 Oct 2009, 22:10

empath wrote:*Checks what was a single-page thread when leaving for work*

:shock:

Holy.

{EXPLETIVE DELETED}.

Okay, I've caught up on the NINE {EXPLETIVE DELETED} PAGES.

Matt? I'd actually put the baristas on hold, and cast your line with the co-worker for now. Keep some recon going at the coffee shop (see below) but avoid it as the consequences of awkwardness could ruin a comfortable deal you have going.

As for recce'ing out whether '1st choice' is attached, I'd get a stranger (to the shop and her - maybe a LRR-follower in the area?) to go in, buy a cup from her (your knowledge of her schedule can help) and just "Say, you're really nice - are you seeing anyone?"

There's a risk that she'd be receptive and be looking for a date from your 'vanguard', but he could always respond with something like "Figures, I'm only passing through Victoria and I get more success than I've had at home in months! Thanks for the vote of confidence though! <leaves>"

Zhyard. Mind if I just call you 'Z'? (since I'm dyslexic and I really don't wanna do you the disservice of mistyping your name :) )

I'd say go for it, promptly; even if you get shot down, and the whole social group gets awkward, at least you're not sitting in the purgatory of uncertainty. And believe you me the old saying "a hero dies only once, but a coward dies a thousand times" is VERY applicable to this sort of situation.

Because I'm about to regale you a tale of my past:

There was this one girl I SERIOUSLY crushed on. I'd snuck out in the middle of the night to just stand in the street and look at her house (ironically her family moved into one a friend of mine moved out of, so I even knew the layout)¹ Now the REALLY freaky thing is I had a 'crush' on her since we were like...seven. I doubtlessly didn't understand what I felt, but I'd ALWAYS been infatuated with her.

Seems I can pick 'em, because this average-looking first-grader turned out to be Head Cheerleader in our High School. :roll: But as such, she was rather unapproachable, always being in the 'elite' of student circles as soon as we all reached the age that dating was a legitimate possibility.

But it got to be an 'open secret' that I had a persistent crush on her. Finally, my parents AND my friends all pushed me to invite her to my 16th birthday party. I called her, stumbled a little, she thanked me but said she was babysitting (she REALLY liked(likes?) kids and genuinely spent much of her free time babysitting...last I heard she was working in a daycare) and as she was hanging up the phone, I heard a peal of laughter.

That was embarrassing, but you know what? She didn't seem to make anything of it - no one teased me at school about my failed pass. And if anything, this 'get off yer butt' moment helped me get over the crush - I asked, she said no, and there you go.

Almost a decade of unrequited infatuation, finally OVER!

So don't wait that long, man! What you're feeling right now is NOT going to get any better, so it's better to just go ahead and 'rip the band-aid off quick' than ease it slowly, to make another analogy.

Gordon Fearman wrote:Actually I'll be an adult at the end of this month.

The very end.

It's so depressing.

Just remember, you HAVE to get older...you don't necessarily have to grow up. :twisted:

9 page post in a 9 page thread!

By which I mean holy fish balls batman, that post was giant.
Gordon Fearman

Postby Gordon Fearman » 02 Oct 2009, 22:14

Moral of the story, stalking people ends with ridicule.

Return to “General Discussion”