The Big Relationship Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Re: Yet Another Relationship Thread

Postby Allen! » 25 Oct 2009, 23:34

Arius wrote:Gordon's going to hell.
I'm sprinting there.
MG is taking a bus there.
Allen is friggen flying a fighter jet there.

I'm pretty sure I've said WAY worse things than about welfare bums.

I'd offer examples, but Kathleen would probably pounce on my posts, and all I'd be able to say for weeks was
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Gordon Fearman
First Video: Three PS3s
Location: Time and space. Anything more specific tends to vary.

Postby Gordon Fearman » 25 Oct 2009, 23:45

Arius wrote:By the way, I sold your soul.

Awww...I needed that.

I'm sprinting there.

What did I do?
Last edited by Gordon Fearman on 25 Oct 2009, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.
"When I feel my friends have been conspiring against me, I break into their bedrooms and I write in their diaries."

(PM me if this pic is too big.)
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 25 Oct 2009, 23:49

someone sanded those kitties. poor little round-headed meowfaces.
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 26 Oct 2009, 01:29

Anyways. On the subject of "Brit" slang- it's mostly regional. "mate" and "love", for example, are common pronouns in Hertfordshire. But interestingly, while my parents' generation use it in conversation, mine tend to reserve it for when someone's pissing you off ("If I were you, mate, I'd shut up before anything bad happens")

Yes. Anyway. Damn money crisis that is student life... we were going to see a special screening of Life of Brian together, complete with Q+A with Terry Jones! Then we found out tickets were £24 each. Now we're not. Dammit... But we are going costume shopping on wednesday. I've already got my stuff sorted, and I'm not telling him what I'm going as, just to see what he says.

However, this puts me in a new pickle. I'm no good with this dating malarkey. The last time I was in a relationship was over 2 years ago, and at that point the protocol for asking someone out was punching them in the arm and looking awkward, before running back to opposite sides of the classroom. I don't want to outright ask him exactly where we are, whether we're... "together", but I may have to... Thank Christ I'm not in America, you people have weird dating customs. Liek all that "going steady" stuff, is it seriously normal practice to date as many people as possible unless one of them says otherwise?
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
masamune

Postby masamune » 26 Oct 2009, 01:34

i've always liked "my lover". you hear it on skins all the time.
ExtraSensory
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby ExtraSensory » 26 Oct 2009, 01:38

Matt wrote:question: Rose Tyler in Dr. Who was occasionally called a Chav (particularly by Cassandra, the last human). Was this description accurate?

She was clearly lower-middle class, working in a shop, and she did wear track suits.

-m

I am a big enough fan of british movies and television to say that if there is one thing I am more fluent in than british slang, it is doctor who.

Yes, Rose was only called a Chav once, by Cassandra. But because Cassandra was able to feel emotions of Rose's body as well as physicalities, I'm under the impression that she was vocalizing Rose's subconscious as much as making a general statement. So Rose perhaps thinks of herself as a bit of a Chav.

I think Chav is to Rose as Nerd is to Felicia Day. When it comes down to it, Rose probably is a Chav, but as far as Chavs go, she's the coolest and most attractive one you could possibly ask for.
She's pants.

Also, Masamune: I fucking loved Skins, back when it actually was Skins.
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 26 Oct 2009, 01:43

Ok, "pants" is not a good thing. It's a way of saying "that sucks", or "it's rubbish". More commonly used is "that's naff".

And "My Lover" is West country regional. Devon, Cornwall, Somerset. I should know. West-Country Mother-Lovin' Gees, Aiiii.
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 26 Oct 2009, 03:28

Gordon Fearman wrote:

What did I do?

Arius wrote:By the way, I sold your soul.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
elvor
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby elvor » 26 Oct 2009, 03:48

I would like to quote something posted earlier in this thread that I think provides useful insight on my current situation:

Matt wrote:FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

That is all.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 26 Oct 2009, 04:50

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:However, this puts me in a new pickle. I'm no good with this dating malarkey. The last time I was in a relationship was over 2 years ago, and at that point the protocol for asking someone out was punching them in the arm and looking awkward, before running back to opposite sides of the classroom. I don't want to outright ask him exactly where we are, whether we're... "together", but I may have to... Thank Christ I'm not in America, you people have weird dating customs. Liek all that "going steady" stuff, is it seriously normal practice to date as many people as possible unless one of them says otherwise?

Work it into conversation and stay jovial about it. It doesn't need a big serious discussion and if it gets one it'll be very awkward for a while. A slightly tongue-in-cheek conversation should be fine.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 26 Oct 2009, 04:52

elvor wrote:I would like to quote something posted earlier in this thread that I think provides useful insight on my current situation:

Matt wrote:FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

That is all.

Well, that sucks. Do you want to talk about it?
Last edited by ThrashJazzAssassin on 26 Oct 2009, 07:58, edited 1 time in total.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 26 Oct 2009, 05:46

Matt wrote:
tak197 wrote:Apparently it's a sorry and bugger off thing.

Matt, reading your Twitter this weekend, I think girl booty renders you tactless. "Eyes Up Here" is your mantra. :P

seriously, LuLu Lemon pants are my achilles heel... those and puppies.

-m

New Mission: Puppies in LuLu Lemon pants. GO.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 26 Oct 2009, 06:06

I'm sprinting there.

What did I do to make me take such a slow method as a bus? Honestly, I'd probably be racing Allen! there.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Arius

Postby Arius » 26 Oct 2009, 06:21

Master Gunner wrote:
I'm sprinting there.

What did I do to make me take such a slow method as a bus? Honestly, I'd probably be racing Allen! there.

Master Gunner wrote:I believe the appropriate course of action at this point would be to have everybody hug each other.

*hugs!*
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 26 Oct 2009, 06:40

Mad Madam Mimm wrote:
However, this puts me in a new pickle. I'm no good with this dating malarkey. The last time I was in a relationship was over 2 years ago, and at that point the protocol for asking someone out was punching them in the arm and looking awkward, before running back to opposite sides of the classroom. I don't want to outright ask him exactly where we are, whether we're... "together", but I may have to... Thank Christ I'm not in America, you people have weird dating customs. Liek all that "going steady" stuff, is it seriously normal practice to date as many people as possible unless one of them says otherwise?

You know when you are in a relationship when facebook says so...

Ok I kid, but I have no idea, the only relationships I've been in I've kind of fallen into and we didn't define anything until everyone else was like "we know you're going out, just say it yourselves" and then we kind of looked at eachother and were like, yep we're girlfriend/boyfriend
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 26 Oct 2009, 07:36

Arius wrote:
Master Gunner wrote:What did I do to make me take such a slow method as a bus? Honestly, I'd probably be racing Allen! there.

Master Gunner wrote:I believe the appropriate course of action at this point would be to have everybody hug each other.

*hugs!*

Molestation and sexual harassment!
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Arius

Postby Arius » 26 Oct 2009, 07:38

I like hugs.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 26 Oct 2009, 07:42

Do you like being touched "down there"?
Arius

Postby Arius » 26 Oct 2009, 07:43

No, I don't have a foot fetish.
TomBrend
First Video: long long ago...

Postby TomBrend » 26 Oct 2009, 08:13

masamune wrote:i've always liked "my lover". you hear it on skins all the time.

ugh I hate that phrase. It sounds really gross to me, I can't really explain it.
masamune

Postby masamune » 26 Oct 2009, 08:48

TomBrend wrote:

ugh I hate that phrase. It sounds really gross to me, I can't really explain it.

that's why i like it. it's awful. used entirely out of context however (i.e. someone you don't even know,) it's quite amusing. i tried it once, but it really doesn't work with my accent.
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 26 Oct 2009, 09:53

Back on topic, kinda.

Here's a question for all you out there. Is it vain to only find a certain type of body type or physicial attribute attractive? There's no right answer I'm just curious on your guys opinions.
I'm going to go with "no." Well someone's personallity is probably the most important thing, if you don't find them physically attractive then things just won't work out. (at least for me)
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.
Hakaryu

Postby Hakaryu » 26 Oct 2009, 09:55

Finding a body type attractive is normal when it comes to basic psychology. Even on a subconcious level we look for certain traits even if you never notice. I'll go into a bit more detail when i'm out of class.
Tonberry's poked the dutch again.
steelfox

Postby steelfox » 26 Oct 2009, 10:07

masamune wrote:
TomBrend wrote:

that's why i like it. it's awful. used entirely out of context however (i.e. someone you don't even know,) it's quite amusing. i tried it once, but it really doesn't work with my accent.

"My Lover" always conjures a mental image of some creepy cougar talking about her 19-25 year old boy toy...

*shudder*
Matt wrote:AND IF SHE'S DEAD SHE CAN'T SAY NO.

-M
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 26 Oct 2009, 10:26

Dave-O_Boy wrote:Back on topic, kinda.

Here's a question for all you out there. Is it vain to only find a certain type of body type or physicial attribute attractive? There's no right answer I'm just curious on your guys opinions.
I'm going to go with "no." Well someone's personallity is probably the most important thing, if you don't find them physically attractive then things just won't work out. (at least for me)

Intellectually, it's bad to reject a possible suitor out of hand because of their physical appearance. Personality counts more these days, because we aren't hunting for prey and avoiding predators and having to survive harsh winters and whatnot.

Subconsciously though, we still do. So our brains filter what people we consider dating even if we don't think about it consciously. Hence, "he/she isn't my type"
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness

Return to “General Discussion”